Paul Won't Extend Asks to Be traded to Knicks!

WrongIslander

Rotation player
That is whats gonna be their plan. Refuse to trade him until the very last minute with the hope that he would get scared and accept to extend with the celtics or the clippers.

The knicks should offer a combination of Billups, TD, and Turiaf so when its done the Hornets save 18 million going into 2012 that would allow them to get a max player. If they gut us (and knowing the knicks they will) then this turns ugly. In return they could dump the Ariza contract which is 3 years but would give the knick's another Defensive player to use in defensive situations. The beauty of this deal compared to Melo is if he officially asks for the Knicks meaning the Hornets can't rape us for extra players like the nuggets who basically did that so they could hurt the knicks going forward into the season.

Knicks line up

CP3
Fields/
Melo/
Amare/
K. Brown/

to summarize

then off the bench D could be

Williams
Shumpert
Ariza
Jorts
and Jordan

Then in 2012 use the 2.5 MLE on W Chandler (whose gonna be underpriced due to his whole china excursion) and draft another big.

The beauty of that is the knicks wouldn't be a luxury team until 2013 which would give them time to win a few championships and then renogotiate with the 2 of the star players to improve the team as a whole while avoiding the extra fee's of being in the luxury tax for more than 4 years.

That's far too sensible.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You don't think a case that Fields has more value than Shump right now can be made?

Fields led the Pac-10 in scoring and rebounds, avg 22pts which was 8th in the nation

Can play the 2 & 3

Was named to the All-NBA Rookie team

Has one year of NBA experience

And avg. 10-6-2 (pt., reb., ast) while shooting almost 40% from 3

Right now Landry should have more value than Shump.

I hear all of that. I still think Shumpert has a higher sealing though.

He's clearly the better prospect.

Hey if we could keep him I'd be giddy, but i just don't see it happening.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
You can put me and my grandmother at the 2 and 5 and we'd get a plethora of open shots with those three together. We might not make many, but we'd get looks lol..

Between Paul putting constant pressure on the D, Melo's unguardability and Amare just being Amare teams wouldn't know where to start.

And don't be jackin my words Trill. I've been talking up the "synergy" those three would have for a minute now.

LOL, I can honestly say I have never read or at least remember you using synergy. I use that and any other word that is appropriate. :peace:

Damn this is excting news. I say do the trade and if your able to keep either one of Fields or Shumpert then definitely pull the trigger right away and don't even look back. Once we get cp3, players will be lining up to sign for the minimum. And i agree with Red, if we were able to keep either one of Fields or Shumpert, we should definitely pick Fields. He's the only one in that package that I would be kind of sad about trading.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ok, so here is the deal on why cp3 is going to force his way out this year...he gets the most money, almost 30 mil more if he signs a max bird right contract. That means no extensions or sign and extend. He needs to land with the team he wishes to play for, let his contract expire next year and re-sign with that team who now holds his Bird rights. He is then able to sign a max deal with an extra year.

with this knowledge, NO has to know he is gone and will want to avoid the Melo-drama so don't be surprised if a trade happens sooner than later.

KingCharles34

All Star
For those who have doubt about Pauls health he looked very healthy in the playoffs when i think he averaged something like 23 points and 11 assists, he led the Hornets to 2 wins even though they had a couple of injuries.

With that being said, what im about to say next goes against much of what i believe but I think that with CP3, Melo, and Stat can get really far with basically just the 3 of them and a team filled with scrubs. I mean thats not a very good defensive team but their offense would be so amazing and CP3 goes ham on defense. Hes really the best out of the 3 of them, he can do so many different things.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
For those who have doubt about Pauls health he looked very healthy in the playoffs when i think he averaged something like 23 points and 11 assists, he led the Hornets to 2 wins even though they had a couple of injuries.

So he's healthy because of a 6 game sample size? What about how he has basically regressed from his outstanding 08-09 the past two seasons? Or the fact he had his meniscus removed so he could return for the 09-10 season? Those are the concerns with his knee, since his knee is not going to ever improve. If he continues to regress, then he will not be worth the money we would pay him.

metrocard

Legend
I would trade everyone except Melo and Stat.
Iman is cool but there are guys like him in everydraft.

Everyone else is replaceable especially for the best PG in the NBA.

Makes sense to do

Billups
Turiaf
Douglas
Fields
Shumpert

For

Chris Paul
Pat Ewing

Hornets
PG - Billups/Douglas/Jack
SG - Bellini/Shumpert
SF - Ariza/Fields
PF - West/Pondexter
C - Okafor/Turiaf/Anderson

Knicks
PG - Paul/Arroyo(FA)/Carter
SG - Walker/Rautins
SF - Anthony/Williams
PF - Balkman/Ewing
C - STAT/Jordan/Josh H.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Why would we give up more than billups and another piece or two? i think people are forgetting the only reason we gave up anything for melo is because of the looming cba issues. new orleans has absolutely no leverage and has to be happy with billups and td or they could get lebronned.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I would trade everyone except Melo and Stat.
Iman is cool but there are guys like him in everydraft.

Everyone else is replaceable especially for the best PG in the NBA.

Makes sense to do

Billups
Turiaf
Douglas
Fields
Shumpert

For

Chris Paul
Pat Ewing

Hornets
PG - Billups/Douglas/Jack
SG - Bellini/Shumpert
SF - Ariza/Fields
PF - West/Pondexter
C - Okafor/Turiaf/Anderson

Knicks
PG - Paul/Arroyo(FA)/Carter
SG - Walker/Rautins
SF - Anthony/Williams
PF - Balkman/Ewing
C - STAT/Jordan/Josh H.

Glad to see you back again sir. I agree trade the farm and let's start with the Real Big 3 :beer:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why would we give up more than billups and another piece or two? i think people are forgetting the only reason we gave up anything for melo is because of the looming cba issues. new orleans has absolutely no leverage and has to be happy with billups and td or they could get lebronned.

You are forgetting that Paul DOES have something to lose...10's of millions of dollars! Check it:

Knicks Max: four years, $58 million
Non-Bird Max: four years, $73 million
Bird Max: five years, $99 million.

Extend-and-Trade Max: two years, $35 million
Bird Extend Max: three years, $56 million

N.O. knows that CP3 does not want to lose $41 million and wait to sign with the Knicks or even $26 million by signing a max deal with another team during next season. The only way CP3 gets the full $99 Million dollar Bird Max deal is if he is traded this year and the team he is traded to re-signs him to a max deal exercising their newly acquired Bird rights for Paul.

Paul would have to come out and say he won't sign with any other team therefore no team will be willing to give up much in the way of assets just to rent him. The problem then becomes does a team trade for him anyway and dare him to leave $26 mil on the table? Or does N.O. hold on to him and dare him to leave $41 million on the table to bolt to the Knicks? That is a high risk game of chicken I don't think anyone wishes to play therefore NY must offer up enough that it outweighs the risk of losing him for nothing. N.O. does have some leverage in this if Paul is at all concerned about $26-$41 million...and of course he or anyone would be concerned!

KingCharles34

All Star
So he's healthy because of a 6 game sample size? What about how he has basically regressed from his outstanding 08-09 the past two seasons? Or the fact he had his meniscus removed so he could return for the 09-10 season? Those are the concerns with his knee, since his knee is not going to ever improve. If he continues to regress, then he will not be worth the money we would pay him.

I swear some of you dudes on this site are just looking to make a name for yourselves or your just looking to argue for the sake of arguing. I said he looked healthy, and you took that as me saying hes definitely healthy. Why dont you get my wee wee out your mouth, join a female dating site and get yourself a female. Or you can join a gay dating site, if thats what you prefer. Or find another dude on here to hop on, just leave me alone :( NEG REP

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo, STAT and CP3 have already planned this out. N.O has no leverage because CP3 will play here no matter what. Do you really think they haven't known this for some time now?? Don't be silly.

I have no proof of this but i'm almost positive that Lebron, Wade, Melo and Paul have discussed this and all agreed to make these super teams happen. You really think all of this is just a coincidence??? These guys talk just like we do and they also have their "what if" moments. CP3 may forego millions but he'll still be in GREAT shape financially. Plus he can rake up in that NY endorsement pool.

#newyorksuperfriends

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You are forgetting that Paul DOES have something to lose...10's of millions of dollars! Check it:

N.O. knows that CP3 does not want to lose $41 million and wait to sign with the Knicks or even $26 million by signing a max deal with another team during next season. The only way CP3 gets the full $99 Million dollar Bird Max deal is if he is traded this year and the team he is traded to re-signs him to a max deal exercising their newly acquired Bird rights for Paul.

Paul would have to come out and say he won't sign with any other team therefore no team will be willing to give up much in the way of assets just to rent him. The problem then becomes does a team trade for him anyway and dare him to leave $26 mil on the table? Or does N.O. hold on to him and dare him to leave $41 million on the table to bolt to the Knicks? That is a high risk game of chicken I don't think anyone wishes to play therefore NY must offer up enough that it outweighs the risk of losing him for nothing. N.O. does have some leverage in this if Paul is at all concerned about $26-$41 million...and of course he or anyone would be concerned!

Does he have to really come out and say that?

Seems to me he's already said this in so many words through his agent. This was the quintessential shot across the bow. He's put all other teams on notice already.

He's basically sent the message that money isn't his primary concern (although I'm sure it's very important) and that other FO's don't really have a chance to keep him after this year if he happens to have the misfortune of being traded to a team besides the Knicks.

Thank God.... CP3 simply wants to be here with the legit opportunity to lead this team to the playoffs and possibly championships year in/out.:beat:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I just hope it happens December 9th I cant deal with a half of a season of this, then needing more time to adjust not to mention him learning the O then losing role guys its not like we are deep if happens now we can use our MLE, Bi-Annual and Minimums and be fine say we go

Chris Paul for Billups, Douglas, Fields, Turiaf, Harrelson, 2016 1st and cash plus Trade-Player Exception

Use the MLE on Jamal Crawford

Use the Bi Annual on Shane Battier

Use the Vet Minimum on Kwame Brown and Joel Pryzbilia

Re-Sign Shawne Williams

Trade Rautins, Walker, 2nd and 3mil to Phoenix Jared Dudley-so they can re-sign Hill, Walker can replace Dudley for them

Sign Curtis Jerrells as the 3rd PG

Sign Sean Williams as the back up PF

Rotation

C- Jordan/Brown/Pryzbilia
F- Stoudemire/Se. Williams
F- Anthony/Battier/Sh. Williams
G- Dudley/Crawford
G- Paul/Shumpert/Jerrells

I'm with that