Official 2015 NBA Playoff Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
Its not Fair .. I watch the Spurs, Bulls, and Warriors take all the HEART out of their playoff opponents in a overtime WIN!!!
How bad do u want the WIN?

I dont know how the Clippers, Bucks, and Pelicans players could go home and answer to their families, especially their children in school. Blame it on the coach!!!
LMFAO

Wargames

Starter
so it looks like LMA is done with Portland if the grizzlies knock them out..... Knicks need to get on that immediately

tiger0330

Legend
so it looks like LMA is done with Portland if the grizzlies knock them out..... Knicks need to get on that immediately
I'd rather pay him max money than Greg Monroe.

He's from Texas, the Spurs and Mavs have a better chance of getting him. Both teams could potentially clear enough cap space to pay him $18M.

Broadway

All Star
I'd rather pay him max money than Greg Monroe.

He's from Texas, the Spurs and Mavs have a better chance of getting him. Both teams could potentially clear enough cap space to pay him $18M.

His first yr starting salary will be right at about that figure, maybe even $19-20mil in the first yr of a 4yr deal, should he leave cold turkey.

He'll pout and have a sour taste with early exit but he's getting his money from Portland in the end.

tiger0330

Legend
His first yr starting salary will be right at about that figure, maybe even $19-20mil in the first yr of a 4yr deal, should he leave cold turkey.

He'll pout and have a sour taste with early exit but he's getting his money from Portland in the end.
I think you're right. Seriously, he wants to leave the Blazers because he want's a chance to win and he's going to pick the Knicks to do that, what a joke.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think you're right. Seriously, he wants to leave the Blazers because he want's a chance to win and he's going to pick the Knicks to do that, what a joke.

Let me dream ....
The thought of LaMarcus Aldridge signing for the next 4 seasons with Knicks are a optimistic dream of Knicks having 4 winning seasons.

1) LaMarcus Aldridge is a 34 mpg starter PF .. one of the leagues top-5 winning PF (4 spot).
2) Okafor rookie season will be as a 30 mpg low-post C/F (5 & 4 spot).
3) A Wilson Chandler signing will give Knicks a 28 mpg SF/PF (3 & 4 spot).
4) A Rondo signing will give Knicks a 32 mpg PG to lead the point (1 spot).
5) Lance Stephenson as starter SG in a trade for THJ/Calderon (2 spot).

The second season of rebuilding should have 5 to 6 starters on the roster ..
Dolan big-buck$ & Zen Master

tiger0330

Legend
The Wizards added a strong confidence approach for the 2015 postseason games .. Paul Pierce
The Wizards performance having Pierce leadership has me believing Wizards over Hawks in 6 to 7 games.
That would be a major upset but the way they're dominating the Raps says you may be right. I see one of the top 2 seeds, the Hawks or Cavs being upset by the Bulls or the Wiz this year.

Broadway

All Star

He didn't forego an extension so he could sign a 4yr deal somewhere else. He's gonna want his money when it's time to get paid...5yrs Melo Max.

Broadway

All Star
Brooklyn reppin New York giving the Hawks some competition. They got a win today and I believe more wins in the post-season since both teams traded for so called superstars.

jimkcchief88

All Star
That Kiya's MVP PG from our 54 win season: J Kidd drawing up the game winner:) Basic 2 step backcut to the hoop and Rose got caught cheating.... Um Um um.. J Kidd is my COA for taking a team a Greek Freak, OJ Mayo, and a bunch of no names to the a sixth seed with a second year coach. How did we let J Kidd getaway? Why does Kidd look and sound confident while Fish looks clueless on the sidelines. How much BETTER would the Bucks be if Jabari Parker hadn't gotten hurt?

Broadway

All Star
That Kiya's MVP PG from our 54 win season: J Kidd drawing up the game winner:) Basic 2 step backcut to the hoop and Rose got caught cheating.... Um Um um.. J Kidd is my COA for taking a team a Greek Freak, OJ Mayo, and a bunch of no names to the a sixth seed with a second year coach. How did we let J Kidd getaway? Why does Kidd look and sound confident while Fish looks clueless on the sidelines. How much BETTER would the Bucks be if Jabari Parker hadn't gotten hurt?

Actually the Bucks team is exhibit Z, Article 100 of why it's gonna be so difficult for us to catch up to the rest of the league. Orlando more than likely becomes the Bucks next year.

Kiyaman

Legend

Its a SHAME!
The Knicks coach, management, and owner were clueless of what the Knicks had when Jason Kidd signed on in 2012. All 3 of the Knicks clueless dummies thought Melo's league top scoring, and JR.smith 6th man award were the reason the Knicks had a 54 win season. How clueless were they? 37 win season? or 17 win season?
Half of Phil Jackson $$$ should've went to Jason Kidd as GM/Coach .. Fisher $$$ shouldve been divided between Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, and Kenyon Martin to put DEFENSE in the coaching-staff.

Bucks coach Jason Kidd's tough defense held the Bulls to 90 points to give the young Bucks a playoff win in the 4th game of the series.
Bulls lead series 3-1 .. could the Bucks get a win in Chicago?

Brooklyn Nets representing New York with a Home win at Barkley center over the 1 seed Hawks.
The trio Lopez/Young/and Jack has put the Nets on their shoulders.
Hawks lead series 2-1 .. Will Brooklyn Nets get another win in Brooklyn to tie series?
FA Young

Cavs holding a 3-0 lead over Celtrics .. Will Lebron Cavs Sweep Boston in Boston? who cares?
FA Bass

Wizards looking good holding a 3-0 lead over Raptors .. 90% chance Raptors get Swept in the capital.
FA Amir Johnson .. FA Lou Williams .. FA Tyler Hansbrough

Rockets holding a 3-0 lead over Mavs .. how much Mavs owner Cuban pay the officials not to get Swept in Dallas?
FA Rondo

Memphis Grizz 3-0 lead over Blazers look to easy without Conley & Beno .. Blazers should yell No Mas!
FA LaMarcus Aldridge

The Championship Spurs are back holding a 2-1 lead over Clippers .. poor poor Clippers
FA DeAndre Jordan

The GS Warriors Swept the Pelicans 4-0 .. blame it on the name Pelicans .. first to go fishing
FA Norris Cole .. FA Omer Asik

pat

Starter
Its a SHAME!
The Knicks coach, management, and owner were clueless of what the Knicks had when Jason Kidd signed on in 2012. All 3 of the Knicks clueless dummies thought Melo's league top scoring, and JR.smith 6th man award were the reason the Knicks had a 54 win season. How clueless were they? 37 win season? or 17 win season?

That last play was nasty. You have to have balls of steel to draw up something like this. Although, thinking about it, there was no real risk. They were down 3-0 anyway and the worst that could happen was going under in overtime. Even more logical then to draw up such a backdoor cut.

Concerning the Mavs-Rockets series: Die you see the Carlisle press conference snippet? I have never seen him more outspoken concerning the refs. It is clear that the league wants to see Harden and Howard in the second round. I mean playoffs need to be physical but what's going on in that series is well out of order. Of course we have seen these levels of physicality before, but in the early 90s and back then there was some consistency across series, something I don't see right now.

tiger0330

Legend
I saw an article on either ESPN or Yahoo titled "Admit It Jason Kidd is a Good Coach" and I had to agree Kidd is a good coach. Spilling that drink on the sidelines last year was a clue, I don't remember anyone doing that in an NBA game. Kidd had his struggles last year so there's hope for DFish, I said he was going to be a good coach after seeing Spikes triangle offense show, he's a good teacher and leader so he's got important qualities needed in a coach.

Chief no worries this series since no team has come back from being 3-0 in the playoffs but DRose can't have 8 TOs and breakdowns on D if they want to beat the Cavs. DRose containing Kyrie is going to be key in that series. I'm calling for them to upset the Cavs in a tough 7 game series.

Last edited:
Warriors cruised into the 2nd round. Rockets and Grizzlies may sweep as well with both up 3 - 0. Meanwhile, Clippers and Spurs could end up going 7.

On the other side, Raptors laying one of the biggest eggs of all-time behind a regular season all-star but post-season dud Kyle Lowry and may get swept. Boston is no match for Cleveland and that is another likely sweep. Only Bulls/Bucks and Hawks/Nets have any teeth to their series right now and still, both those series could easily still be over in 5.

Not going to lie, I thought this first round would be way more dramatic across the 8 matchups.

tiger0330

Legend
That last play was nasty. You have to have balls of steel to draw up something like this. Although, thinking about it, there was no real risk. They were down 3-0 anyway and the worst that could happen was going under in overtime. Even more logical then to draw up such a backdoor cut.

Concerning the Mavs-Rockets series: Die you see the Carlisle press conference snippet? I have never seen him more outspoken concerning the refs. It is clear that the league wants to see Harden and Howard in the second round. I mean playoffs need to be physical but what's going on in that series is well out of order. Of course we have seen these levels of physicality before, but in the early 90s and back then there was some consistency across series, something I don't see right now.
It was more a bad play by DRose than a great play drawn up by Kidd. Rose compounded his mistake after his turnover on the other end by completely falling asleep, that inbounds pass was from 45 ft which made it worse, he knew it too shaking his head after the play. I'll give him credit he made some plays in the last 4 minutes but his last 30 seconds was awful.

Carlisle is a cry baby, I don't remember McHale crying to anyone when Dwight was called for some dubious fouls in game 1 that forced him to sit Dwight. Anyway he's desperate playing the refs for the next game but he needs to be down 3-0.

pat

Starter
Watching the Boston-Cleveland game right now. Refs letting Cleveland get away with murder. It's clear which teams are in Silver's good books.