Eddie Curry

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Tim Thomas is soft and overrated. We don't give congrats on someone who has talent and no work ethic. If Eddy Curry can show drastic improvement...then anyone can.

paris401

Starter
i'm giving him congrat's for working the system.

just like i take my hat off to larry brown.. leaves the pistons, gets 5m, come to the knicks , gets 10m, gets fired, gets 18.5m, so in one year he walks off with 33.5m....

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm not giving another man credit for corrupting a system...he treated the knicks like garbage and he should pay the knicks instead of us paying him. It's sad that Isiah can almost take the same roster and when 10 more games with it and he's not even a hall of fame coach...LB could have handled himself much better than he did but he has the mind of a 4 year old and was the reason why he argued with every player on the roster. Why did Ariza get traded to Orlando for the "Knick fav" steve francis?? Let me give you a hint...his initials are LB....

paris401

Starter
I'm not giving another man credit for corrupting a system...he treated the knicks like garbage and he should pay the knicks instead of us paying him. It's sad that Isiah can almost take the same roster and when 10 more games with it and he's not even a hall of fame coach...LB could have handled himself much better than he did but he has the mind of a 4 year old and was the reason why he argued with every player on the roster. Why did Ariza get traded to Orlando for the "Knick fav" steve francis?? Let me give you a hint...his initials are LB....

the signature on the trade agreement between orlando and new york was I.Thomas's... not larry brown... brown mite have pushed for the trade, but the ultimate decision to say yea or nay was IT's...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This is true, but ultimately if LB never coached this team then we wouldn't have francis and we would still have Ariza. A good GM works for his coach and that's what Isiah did. LB wanted francis (for whatever conspiracy he had on marbury) and Isiah traded for him and it screwed LB at the end.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Here's a Curry related question. Assuming we get a talent like O'neal or Garnett can Curry play along side Garnett or O'neal? I'd much rather see us get Garnett. But what do you think?

metrocard

Legend
the signature on the trade agreement between orlando and new york was I.Thomas's... not larry brown... brown mite have pushed for the trade, but the ultimate decision to say yea or nay was IT's...

Don't forget Isiah was the one who pushed for Brown to come to New York = (

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Here's a Curry related question. Assuming we get a talent like O'neal or Garnett can Curry play along side Garnett or O'neal? I'd much rather see us get Garnett. But what do you think?

i dont know about jermaine oneal but kevin garnett for sure cuz he is a good passer, that's why i was hoping the knicks were gonna get webber cuz he is a great passer and the knicks need that at the 4 spot(though david lee is a good passer)

metrocard

Legend
i dont know about jermaine oneal but kevin garnett for sure cuz he is a good passer, that's why i was hoping the knicks were gonna get webber cuz he is a great passer and the knicks need that at the 4 spot(though david lee is a good passer)

Chris Webber on the Knicks...lol, he fits well in Detroit because they already have good defensive players. Webber and Curry would be disgusting to watch on the defensive end. Could be a beautiful thing though offensively. THINK DEFENSE first, then offense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How about Curry and Lee as our franchise center and power forwards, keepin them together for years like Ewing and Oakley? They both, especially curry have to improve on the defensive end.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Chris Webber on the Knicks...lol, he fits well in Detroit because they already have good defensive players. Webber and Curry would be disgusting to watch on the defensive end. Could be a beautiful thing though offensively. THINK DEFENSE first, then offense.

i mean the defense wont be that great but webber's D is not that bad, he knows how to get in position defensively

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
If Curry could get a consistent 25 points/10 rebounds we wouldn't need Garnett or Oneal. But picture Ewing playing along side Barkley in their prime. I think that's the skill level we'd see with a Curry/Garnett Knicks. I like David Lee but I think he's a role player and should not start.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Lee would make up for the rebounds that Curry misses since he doesn't jump... we do need a defensive presence down low though... maybe Frye for Diop from Dallas would work... that way we have the offensive/defensive rotation at the 5 spot...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
How about Curry and Lee as our franchise center and power forwards, keepin them together for years like Ewing and Oakley? They both, especially curry have to improve on the defensive end.

I like Curry but he is a pure offensive center. We need a big man that dominate on D as well as put up numbers. Lee is someone that worries me. Yes, he really improved this season but he gets pushed around and can't body up the more dominate guys down low. I say (Like I did with Frye last year) trade him while his value is sky high.
How about this: Trade Curry and Crawford to Indiana for O'Neil (and what ever other player to meet the salary) and look to trade Lee (see if they would take JJ as well) to Washington for Eaton Thomas. Start Eaton at Center with O'Neil at the 4, bring in Frye off the bench to play both the 4 and the 5. I think that would be an awesome tandem! Frye could give O'Neil more rest than he has been getting in Indiana and since they kind of have similar offensive styles, I feel it would keep a consistency at the 4 spot. He could also spot in at the 5 as well, especially when the Knicks play smaller, run and gun teams.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
David Lee for eaton thomas?
HAHAHAHAHA

*April fools day was 23 days ago

I said Lee and Jerome James for Thomas. We get rid of JJ's contract in the deal and Eaton Thomas is a very good defender! Lee is what is known as a 'tweener. He is between a 4 and a 3. He's not strong enough to body up the bigger 4's and not quick enough to guard a 3. He is a very good rebounder, I'll say that and he brings a lot of energy to the floor. You know, maybe he develops into a dominate 4, but like Frye, you are taking a chance. If he does turn out to be a dominate or at least a very good player, the Knicks could always try to sign him down the line. I'm not saying Thomas in the end all for the Knicks, I was saying that IF the Knicks can trade for O'Neil or Gasol, the will need a guy who is a banger to compliment not another scorer. Curry can NOT play next to either O'Neil or Gasol! If the Knicks Keep Curry, they need a banger not a finesse player. Lee, in my opinion will always be a 6th man type. Don't get me wrong I would like to keep him and what he brings, but with Balkman, Lee is expendable if he brings back a need. I see a lot of people post that they want Artest, you are going to have to include Lee in that trade. His value right now is more than Frye's. I think with Balkman, especially if he continues developing like he is, you don't need artest and his antics on the Knicks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think lee will comeback stronger and with a jumpshot next season. Thats why i think hes capable of playin the 4 position. I see what you're sayin about stronger players takin advantage of him but Lee is competitor and i believe he will get stronger over the offseason. And you're right i shouldnt had dissed eaton thomas, he is a strong 4 who plays good d but i dont think he belongs in a starting lineup becuz of his lack of offense. You're probably right about balkmen to, hes gonna be very good once he gets stronger. I like artest but as he starts slowin down balkmens gonna be aproachin his prime so i think that would be a mistake gettin artest.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think lee will comeback stronger and with a jumpshot next season. Thats why i think hes capable of playin the 4 position. I see what you're sayin about stronger players takin advantage of him but Lee is competitor and i believe he will get stronger over the offseason. And you're right i shouldnt had dissed eaton thomas, he is a strong 4 who plays good d but i dont think he belongs in a starting lineup becuz of his lack of offense. You're probably right about balkmen to, hes gonna be very good once he gets stronger. I like artest but as he starts slowin down balkmens gonna be aproachin his prime so i think that would be a mistake gettin artest.

You are right about Thomas and his D and offense, but that's my point. If we get O'Neil, who needs to have the ball, you need a contrast player flanking him and that's what Eaton would bring. Just imagine it, The inside outside game with the low post scorer being O'Neil and the cleanup guy being Thomas. Both O'Neil and Thomas play very good D and both are strong and can body up other big men. Thats what Curry lacks! He is just as dominate (or potentially) offensively as O'Neil but he lacks the D. That's Why you can use Frye and Lee to get these players. If either or both Frye and Lee develop into great players, years down the line, the Knicks could always try to sign them.