Alot of Knicks News Today

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Vick said he is sorry. I fogive him God forgives him. It's all good, why they making such a big deal out of this. Everyone makes mistakes like he said, but to suspend him and carry on this case is to much!

pat

Starter
...if you ever...EVER compare lynching an african american to killing dogs...then you truly don't know you're history nor your common sense. Grow up and get a sense of reality.

Actually, African Americans were treated like animals. They were properties of the slave owner and the twisted moral values that allowed to own and mistreat human beings also justify the mistreatment of animals. Saying that "John Gotti 73" left a racist remark is totally besides the point. He didn't say that African Americans can be compared with dogs. The point is that cruelty does not come in shades.

Now, you all can go on about Vick, the media outrage, and whether dog fighting is a sport, but it won't change that Marbury should have kept his pie-hole shut. Doesn't he have a PR-agent? I am really looking forward to him retiring in Italy ;)

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Okay, now you must be related to Stephon. You're both fricken' idiots. Now maybe the reason the media is being so harsh on Vick is because it wasn't just dog fighting, it was the inhumane and vicious treatment and murder of these dogs, by both the other dogs, and by Vick and his friends. Executing them, throwing them against the wall until their brains came out, etc......??? You must be mentally retarded. And for you or the idiot Stephon to defend Vick's actions is pretty retarded. Maybe lynching black people back in the day was also considered a sport??? Not sure how u feel on that, but these things should have never happened, and should never happen. There are over 60 dogs that they have to put to put to sleep now, and for his leadership role in this dog fighting ring, his involvement in the murder of these animals, and the illegal gambling and R.I.C.O. side of it, he will probably only get a year in prison, if that..........so who's being harsh on him? And yes America loves their dogs, but people would feel this way if he was doing this with rabbits, cats, birds, horses, etc.......... so next time you or Stephon open up your stupid trap, remember my words, or maybe it'll be me throwing you up against the wall.......................now that would be a sport!

I think I am the only one on this site who agrees with you man. I honestly can't believe that there are people on this site who are actually supporting Vick. Everyone here is saying, "show me the video of Vick killing a dog and then I'll pass judgement". The video and four corroborating witnesses are why he is pleading guilty dumbasses. The video is evidence and nobody will be able to see it. Not to mention the video is probably sick and obscene. Electricuting dogs?!? Drowning dogs?!? Slamming dogs on the ground until they're dead?!? These are actions of a sick human being. I remember coming home from work after hearing how these dogs were killed, and seeing my dog greeting me at my doorstep. I wanted to beat the shit out of Vick at that moment. Make him see how it feels. Dogs are sentient beings. They have feelings of love, fear, joy and sadness. Not to mention they have unconditional trust of their owners. And that is why Marbury has been ridiculed for his statements. Look, I love the Knicks, and everyone on this site does, but just because Marbury is a Knick let's not forget that he is just another athlete who made a stupid comment. We need to stop making excuses for professional athlete's poor behavior. Imagine if George W. Bush made the same comments as Marbury, or was caught killing dogs in the same manner that Vick was. Would you be as forgiving? Every person, despite their color or status, should be held accountable for their actions.

Peace.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Actually, African Americans were treated like animals. They were properties of the slave owner and the twisted moral values that allowed to own and mistreat human beings also justify the mistreatment of animals. Saying that "John Gotti 73" left a racist remark is totally besides the point. He didn't say that African Americans can be compared with dogs. The point is that cruelty does not come in shades.

Now, you all can go on about Vick, the media outrage, and whether dog fighting is a sport, but it won't change that Marbury should have kept his pie-hole shut. Doesn't he have a PR-agent? I am really looking forward to him retiring in Italy ;)

Maybe you should have a PR Agent. When I read stupid justifications like yours, I'm sickened. I think dogfighting sucks. I also think deerhunting is stupid, but PETA doesn't hold rallies at Dick Cheney's house. If you think that Gotti73 (what a moron!) was justified you're equally as blind. Last time I checked, Marbury lives in America. The first constitutional right given to him as a son of the country is freedom of speech. If you don't like it, feel free to move to Iraq. You have the same privilege, but the media won't take your words and twist them. Your not apart of their agenda. Plus no one knows who you are, so they probably wound'nt care what you had to say.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i agree wit what marbury said, yeah what vick was cruel and not acceptable and 100% wrong but its crazy how quick things change, the last couple years the media have been praising vick so much that it seemed like he was god and then now the media is destroying vick every minute, vick is human, he made a mistake and he knows it, ESPN has become the bash vick channel

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer

:alert:SORRY PAT BUT I DISAGREE WITH YOU ON TELLNG MARBURY TO SHUT HIS PIE HOLE. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND MARBURY KNOWS AT ANY MOMENT HE CAN BE IN THE SHIT WHOLE HIMSELF FOR ONE NIGHT OF MAKING A MISTAKE. SO WITH THAT SAID HIM STANDING UP FOR VICK IS HIM STANDING UP FOR ALL ATHLETES WHO MAKE MISTAKES AND SHOULD BE GIVIN A SECOND CHANCE. :boohoo:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
i agree wit what marbury said, yeah what vick was cruel and not acceptable and 100% wrong but its crazy how quick things change, the last couple years the media have been praising vick so much that it seemed like he was god and then now the media is destroying vick every minute, vick is human, he made a mistake and he knows it, ESPN has become the bash vick channel

Murdering multiple dogs is not a mistake....he is a scumbag who had the world at his fingertips..he gets what he deserves.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
What Bro Stop Listening To The Media Only

SO SHOOTING ANIMALS AND STICKING THERE HEADS ON WALLS FOR SPORT IS OK CAUSE PEOPLE TELL YOU ITS OK RIGHT. STICKING A HOOK THRU A FISH IS OK CAUSE PEOPLE TELL YOU ITS OK. AND WHEN THEY PUT DOWN "KILL" HORSES CAUSE THEY WONT PERFORM AS WELL BECAUSE THEY BROKE A LEG IS OK CAUSE PEOPLE TELL YOU ITS OK.
NOW WHEN THE FIRST TWO IS DONE FOR SPORT NOT FOR FOOD I THINK ITS HORRIBLE AS WELL AS WHAT VICK DID BUT JUST BECAUSE THE MEDIA SAYS SOMETHING IS OK, OR SOMETHING IS WRONG YALL JUMP WITH THEM. FUCK THAT. YOU PROBABLY HAVE A MINK AT HOME TOO BUT I GUESS YOU DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT EITHER DO UR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU START BASHING SOMEONE.:alert::alert::alert:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Murdering multiple dogs is not a mistake....he is a scumbag who had the world at his fingertips..he gets what he deserves.

of course, i agree wit u 100%, but i bet when he comes out of jail, he wont be pulling stunts like dat, he knows what he did was wrong and he is going pay the consequences

Kiyaman

Legend
SO SHOOTING ANIMALS AND STICKING THERE HEADS ON WALLS FOR SPORT IS OK CAUSE PEOPLE TELL YOU ITS OK RIGHT. STICKING A HOOK THRU A FISH IS OK CAUSE PEOPLE TELL YOU ITS OK. AND WHEN THEY PUT DOWN "KILL" HORSES CAUSE THEY WONT PERFORM AS WELL BECAUSE THEY BROKE A LEG IS OK CAUSE PEOPLE TELL YOU ITS OK.
NOW WHEN THE FIRST TWO IS DONE FOR SPORT NOT FOR FOOD I THINK ITS HORRIBLE AS WELL AS WHAT VICK DID BUT JUST BECAUSE THE MEDIA SAYS SOMETHING IS OK, OR SOMETHING IS WRONG YALL JUMP WITH THEM. FUCK THAT. YOU PROBABLY HAVE A MINK AT HOME TOO BUT I GUESS YOU DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT EITHER DO UR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU START BASHING SOMEONE.:alert::alert::alert:

Wow! with all that input Mike Vic could've used you as his Lawyer and mouth piece to the Press. Some Pictures and Videos of the Aristocrates who go hunting and owns horses and the glue industry would have shut down the Media about Mike Vic.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
maybe not but the point is those are all perfectly acceptable forms of human entertainment and PETA isnt out going after them while they shit their pants about vick. its hypocrisy.

jzero29

Rotation player
wow, you people are crazy.

I agree, get what he deserves, not only did he kill them, he financed the whole thing and gambled, then lied several times about it until the evidence against him was concrete. The NFLs own unreleased investigation, was the reason he's suspended mainly for gambling. Anyway, when he gets out he'll have earned a second shot.
Hunting, isn't approved by PETA, and they can be used for food, Deer population needs to be controlled, you'd have to many deer and not enough food, they'd starve and die anyway. So it's Humane. You have to get a license to do it and there are rulesto how many you can kill a season and when you can kill them.(not like vick who killed for performance and probably all the poor dogs who were friendly and didn't have the aggression to fight, why not give them away to the pound or wherever, he had to kill them because he knew it was illegal to breed dogs for fighting, which he took the license agreement to be a dog breeder, so he was well aware of these rules.) As for horses aka barboro, he wasn't healing, and would have died in pain and infected anyway. Horses aren't killed for not performing. They are sold to ranches or private people. For various uses. They stopped Using horses for glue ages ago. Since horses walk on 4 legs all the time, they have trouble healing from this injury, when they stand hundreds of pounds lean on the broken leg, causing numerous problems, like shifting the break, breaking further/rebreaking. Various infections occur when a horses leg goes unhealed. They medicate, but overdoses and making the horse not feel pain often leads them to walk and cause further injury. Fishing also produces food. Veal is aweful. they put baby cows in boxes and hang them above the ground and feed them, they can reach ground so they can't get excercise and grow strong, and muscular, thus staying tender and juicy.

maybe not but the point is those are all perfectly acceptable forms of human entertainment and PETA isnt out going after them while they shit their pants about vick. its hypocrisy.
peta does protest these treatments of animals. The Media just doesn't cover it, because it's old news and the majority of people agree, that these forms are for humane purposes and/or food. Vicks actions were wrong, because it was only for fun, and illegal, and he gambled, and he financed it. Gambling alone got pete rose banned from baseball for life! He denied it for years and years, instead of comming clean. Which is the only thing i give vick credit for, comming mostly clean, fairly quickly(he lied and denied it for months). I am willing, after he serves, to give him a chance, but the lease is short and I do not at all feel bad for him, he's a grown man and knew what he was doing was wrong and illegal. oddly hunting and fishing are necessary evils. Some take it to the extreme, and kill for no reason, sport fishing and trophy hunting, all of which are not bashed in the media(old news) Vicks a pro athlete partaking/organizing/funding/operating an illegal activity. Vick makes a bet that he can't cover, after a couple years of numerous losing dog fights. Then what, point shaving? throwing the game, oh wait he can't throw, he can run though, straight to jail, do not pass go. he deserves what he gets. But once time served gets a chance. After the NFL disiplines him for lying about the gambling.
p.s. I don't have a mink, or a yatch and niether does spreewell.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
ok one, pete rose gambled on baseball on his team while he managed, much different than dog fighting. im not denying hunting and fishing are legitimate but the point is animals still die, often needlessly for human entertainment. i dont think vick should get a free ride but my main point was how the media pounced on vick once it came to light and they dont express as much outrage on other things. obviously the medias agenda is to cover celebrities but it seems they were quick to rush to judgment on vick before all the facts were known. where is the outcry over killing barbaro? or is it because we can use glue that its ok.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not at all saying he wouldn't be valuable to the team, all I'm saying is that good shooters come along often

Syracuse 6.8 Demetris Nichols was designed to play BIG Guard for the Knicks two seasons ago. Madison Square Garden is his playing Ground. With some decent playingtime alongside of Balkman and Marbury this season he will survive to become a decent backup in his second season with the Knicks.

jzero29

Rotation player
No outcry over barbaro?

ok one, pete rose gambled on baseball on his team while he managed, much different than dog fighting. im not denying hunting and fishing are legitimate but the point is animals still die, often needlessly for human entertainment. i dont think vick should get a free ride but my main point was how the media pounced on vick once it came to light and they dont express as much outrage on other things. obviously the medias agenda is to cover celebrities but it seems they were quick to rush to judgment on vick before all the facts were known. where is the outcry over killing barbaro? or is it because we can use glue that its ok.
Barboro was put down because he was in pain, he wasn't healing and had numerous infections, and would have died anyway only in a lot more pain.
Pete Rose Lied, he'd have been forgiven by now if he'd just admitted it from the start. He was banned from the league, because he bet on his own sport and his own team, I don't think what michael vick did, warrants a permanent league ban. But I do think a small suspension should follow his jail term, for lying to the commisioner on numerous occasions. His jail time should reflect a similar amount other people pleading guilty for this crime should face.
The media covered it so intently because he's a star, people want to know whats going on, he's a celebrity. As for some less popular player getting in trouble, most people don't pay attention, because it would be like hearing about me getting arrested, no one cares, people get arrested every day, no one cares, but they should still pay the price and michael vick is paying the price, and one of the most promissing and talented quarterbacks of our time going to jail, is a big story. SOrt of a reverse rags to riches theme. It's a big story. It just so happens that he's guilty. It was apparent to everyone, except those who deluded themselves, to much evidense and statements from his boys and other witnesses..

Exactly, it's HOW he did it that is disgusting. I don't see how he's getting "BS". Please tell me, what is this "BS" that he's getting? He's getting the same amount of press anyone who would do such a thing would get.

If you did this, it woulda been third page news for a day or two, and then no one knew you. Do not kid yourself into thinking otherwise. You would then appear senseless to sensible human beings.

I dont see why this Vick media explosion is such a surprise to anyone. Kobe was accused for rape and had the same coverage. Whenever a professional athlete who has it ALL made out for him in the fact that hes getting paid millions to play a game and do endorsements gets his ass into a stupid situation, it is going to be covered in excess by the media.

Also, it is the summer, where absolutely nothing is going on sports wise other than baseball which most of the population doesnt really watch or pay attention to. This is a huge story that can appeal to the masses because everyone loves dogs.

Vick made a mistake, as any man has or will in his life, but this wasn't a one night kinda mistake a la Kobe, but participation in an obvious illegal activity. Also, heavy drug trade is often associated with dogfighting. If, for example, Vick was involved in a drug ring, this would be huge news as well. BUt the fact that dogs are involved, animals which many people have emotional connections to, its an absolutely stupid mistake for Vick to CHOOSE to make.