Alot of Knicks News Today

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
MarburyTheRetarded

Regarding the infamous "Dog Fighting Is a Sport" remark, someone please tell Marbury that he should refrain form speaking in public. The more he speaks the more he sounds like the biggest moron on the planet. This guy can't put two words together without sounding like a complete retard. The reason that the 'sport' of dog fighting takes place behind closed doors is BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL!!!

Do all of us Knick fans a favor and quit sticking up for Vick-The-Dog-Killer and try getting your head out of your ass next time before you speak. Thank You!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think the media was eager to pounce on vick and make it seem they knew what happened when in reality we still dont totally know and probably never will. but i think its safe to say that vick financed it and was probably directly involved somehow. if he wasnt do you really think he would take a plea deal instead of trial? the only reason is if he has something else or something horrible to hide that he doesnt want to come up in a trial. either way hes obviously not innocent but i think its pretty safe to say race is somewhat involved in how the media covers it. look how the media treated bonds compared to other steroid era players. thats the way it is.... when a black man is involved they tend to assume hes guilty while if its a white man they reserved judgment more. funny coming from me but lets keep it civil.... i think we can agree wrong was done. obviously dogs arent human and i think its ridiculous how outraged the media and PETA is when there are much larger issues affecting people at stake such as homelessness, katrina, Iraq, etc. but thats their agenda and thats how they operate.

PHP:
Isiah's Advocate said
 "Do some research "D", Langdon out of Duke was a great shooter in fact was a lottery pick, but is now a 6th man in Europe. More recently look at JJ Redick, good shooters come along in every draft and can be found on almost every European sqaud, so watch the bridges you burn because the NY spotlight can be damaging to your career "

You keep missing one big and one small difference. The big one is that
D-Nic is 6'8". As a 2 guard he will be able to get his shot off in the pros. The second at Syracuse he played several games each year at the Garden. MSG is no big deal to him, it's like another "home" game, he's always shot well at he garden.
In my mind he is the perfect complementary piece for the knicks, and will add unusual value for a 2nd round pick.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Spoken by another true idiot with his head up his ass.

So you've seen video of Vick actually killing an animal? Please feel free to send me the link. There bigger things to worry about than dogs fighting. I don't know like the homeless, teen drug abuse, poverty, Iraq (the troops fighting and dying for absolutely nothing), etc. Yeah, but Mike Vick is the anti Christ. Wake up, if I have to worry about some dog fights or something else, I'll always choose the later. My opinion. So try removing your head from your ass and realize there's bigger fish to fry.

Okay, now you must be related to Stephon. You're both fricken' idiots. Now maybe the reason the media is being so harsh on Vick is because it wasn't just dog fighting, it was the inhumane and vicious treatment and murder of these dogs, by both the other dogs, and by Vick and his friends. Executing them, throwing them against the wall until their brains came out, etc......??? You must be mentally retarded. And for you or the idiot Stephon to defend Vick's actions is pretty retarded. Maybe lynching black people back in the day was also considered a sport??? Not sure how u feel on that, but these things should have never happened, and should never happen. There are over 60 dogs that they have to put to put to sleep now, and for his leadership role in this dog fighting ring, his involvement in the murder of these animals, and the illegal gambling and R.I.C.O. side of it, he will probably only get a year in prison, if that..........so who's being harsh on him? And yes America loves their dogs, but people would feel this way if he was doing this with rabbits, cats, birds, horses, etc.......... so next time you or Stephon open up your stupid trap, remember my words, or maybe it'll be me throwing you up against the wall.......................now that would be a sport!

Starks

Starter
Okay, now you must be related to Stephon. You're both fricken' idiots. Now maybe the reason the media is being so harsh on Vick is because it wasn't just dog fighting, it was the inhumane and vicious treatment and murder of these dogs, by both the other dogs, and by Vick and his friends. Executing them, throwing them against the wall until their brains came out, etc......??? You must be mentally retarded. And for you or the idiot Stephon to defend Vick's actions is pretty retarded. Maybe lynching black people back in the day was also considered a sport??? Not sure how u feel on that, but these things should have never happened, and should never happen. There are over 60 dogs that they have to put to put to sleep now, and for his leadership role in this dog fighting ring, his involvement in the murder of these animals, and the illegal gambling and R.I.C.O. side of it, he will probably only get a year in prison, if that..........so who's being harsh on him? And yes America loves their dogs, but people would feel this way if he was doing this with rabbits, cats, birds, horses, etc.......... so next time you or Stephon open up your stupid trap, remember my words, or maybe it'll be me throwing you up against the wall.......................now that would be a sport!

Candidate for post of the month!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't follow sports, and I don't really know who Vick or Marbury are. But I know dogfighting is a cruel and inhumane activity. I have known several pit bulls who were not fighting dogs, and they are gentle and affectionate animals. To take an animal like that and abuse them until they become a fighter is the act of a monster. To enjoy the resulting spectacle as entertainment is the pleasure of a monster. And to say this is "just a sport" and defend the people who perpetrate this cruelty is just as monsterous. And don't use the excuse that we should care more about cruelty to people. We should care about both. Most people who abuse people weaker than them got their start abusing animals. It's all just sick people. And nobody would defend somebody that sick unless they were sick like that themself.

There is a growing belief that professional sports itself is nothing but brutality disguised as entertainment. When we see prominent sports figures perpetrating or defending animal cruelty it is easy to see why that is believable.

Have a nice day,
-Steve

I hate to break it to you but dog fighting is a sport. That doesn't mean that it isn't all of the things that you said it is because it is very cruel. But it is a sport none the less. People have their priorities all screwed up. Vick was wrong and he will and should be prosecuted, but is dog fighting any worse than the actions of Mark Foely (Foely had sex with under age boys). What he did is wrong but in my view there is a great deal of fake outrage.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer

I find you very scary Mr. Internet ganster or godfather by your moniker. Please except my humblest and sincerest apology! Kiss my ass! To compare the black race to to dogs means your not only an idiot, you're a racist. How dare you compare the attrocity that was the sub human treatment of the dissenfrachised race, to dogs? So if a Jewish (David Stern or Jerry Seinfeld for example only) person said it was "no big deal" would you tell them the Holocaust was acceptable, cause thats how the dogs felt? I'd ask you to use your brain, but clearly you don't have one. On top of that, you alias, John Gotti refers to a man the RICO statute was essentially made for in 1970. In this respect your not only an idiot but a hypocrite. I'm really shook up about your threat of throwing me against a wall though. Simply terrified.

P.S. I dare you to try to toss Marbury or Vick aginst the wall.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

Dumbest post of all-time...if you ever...EVER compare lynching an african american to killing dogs...then you truly don't know you're history nor your common sense. Grow up and get a sense of reality. We have a world where obesity is an epidemic over here but in Africa and China there's famine and far worse detrimental events happening. And you're going crazy over Michael Vick...

Tropical Storms just blasted the south coast and the Virgin Islands and you're worrying about Michael Vick....

Diseases and illnesses with no cure is ravishing the youth population but naah...I think bashing Michael Vick is the best thing to do at the moment...

I'm not even a big fan of Michael Vick...but I have my priorities straight. Did Vick do wrong? Yes...he funded and housed an illegal dog fighting operation. Does he deserved to get bashed like he is now? No but he does deserve to get bashed for letting an opportunity of a life time slip away from him. To bash Vick for dogfighting in which no evidence has been linked to him directly for dogfighting is ridiculous...but I guess this is America....guilty until proven innocent for certain people. Same reason we bash barry bonds all day and night for taking steroids and no one has seen him take it and no evidence can be linked to him but Big Mac Mark has been seen with the roids and no one has bashed him like that....it's just very strange...real strange

PHP:
Isiah's Advocate said
 "Do some research "D", Langdon out of Duke was a great shooter in fact was a lottery pick, but is now a 6th man in Europe. More recently look at JJ Redick, good shooters come along in every draft and can be found on almost every European sqaud, so watch the bridges you burn because the NY spotlight can be damaging to your career "

You keep missing one big and one small difference. The big one is that
D-Nic is 6'8". As a 2 guard he will be able to get his shot off in the pros. The second at Syracuse he played several games each year at the Garden. MSG is no big deal to him, it's like another "home" game, he's always shot well at he garden.
In my mind he is the perfect complementary piece for the knicks, and will add unusual value for a 2nd round pick.

Not at all saying he wouldn't be valuable to the team, all I'm saying is that good shooters come along often

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Wrong...he's in a corner. All of his co-defendants have turned against him so that is more voices against him. Basically all the witnesses to the crime have turned on him...so what do you expect him to do?? That's right...plead guilty. Again there is no evidence that Vick has killed a dog...do your hw before you speak

metrocard

Legend
So you've seen video of Vick actually killing an animal? Please feel free to send me the link. There bigger things to worry about than dogs fighting. I don't know like the homeless, teen drug abuse, poverty, Iraq (the troops fighting and dying for absolutely nothing), etc. Yeah, but Mike Vick is the anti Christ. Wake up, if I have to worry about some dog fights or something else, I'll always choose the later. My opinion. So try removing your head from your ass and realize there's bigger fish to fry.

I accually agree with fatboy here. I hate when people speculate, especially with the whole Bonds situation.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
That must be why he's pleading GUILTY.

:whatever:

So I guess you've got the video evidence to back up your idiotic statement. Till I see video evidence, I reserve to make no judgement. Go worry about athletes like Dany Heatly, who drove to fast an killed his teammate. Human life matters infinitely more to me than benji, lassie, or rover.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I hate to break it to you but dog fighting is a sport. That doesn't mean that it isn't all of the things that you said it is because it is very cruel. But it is a sport none the less. People have their priorities all screwed up. Vick was wrong and he will and should be prosecuted, but is dog fighting any worse than the actions of Mark Foely (Foely had sex with under age boys). What he did is wrong but in my view there is a great deal of fake outrage.

That is very true. Although I personally do not condone it, and think it is a very cruel activity - Dogfighting is a very popular sport in countries bordering the US - Central and South America as well as the Caribbean and even many other countries around the world - Russia, Japan etc.
This is what Marbury was referring to when his words were twisted and made it seem like he condoned the sport.
He was trying to show that people need to open their eyes not only to this but other "sports" as well that hurt animals such as Deer hunting...

From the NY post article:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08232007/news/regionalnews/marbury__vick_is_100_percent_w.htm?page=0

Marbury added, "And let me ask: Who has the list to decide which animals will live and die. People hunt for sport. I don't feel any animal should be allowed to die. We're all God's creation."

"However, he should be given a second chance as others have received for more serious crimes. There is no list for which animals should be killed and which shouldn't.

"As a spiritual being, I respect God's divine order. We're all created by God and animals are God's creatures as well. I love animals and none of them should be harmed.

"However, we don't react the same when other animals are being killed for sport or the sake of human pleasure.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I understand what you are saying, but to me it seems likeNichols is going to lose out because the franchise isnt ran properly, and thats not fair to him. Yes the D league can help him out, yes playing overseas can help him out, but thats not what he wants to do, so how can you force him to do that?

Imagine if you were offered a job at Microsoft, and then they tell you "we have too many employees and we don't know which one to fire, so we are going to set it up so you can work at PC Richards for a year and then hopefully we'll have our act together"

would you work at PC Richards for a year, or will you accept a position at IBM or APPLE for the same money Microsoft initially offered you?

all while everyone in the your field knows that your talents are superior to some of those that are already hired at microsoft.

I know what I would do. what would you do?
I have to agree with you on this one. At first, I felt that the Knicks were just making a sound management decision. However, Nichols does have a right to play in the league if he wants. He shouldn't have to work at "PC Richards" just because we can swing a deal for the right trade and trim the roster. Nichols is a good shooter and would fit nicely on most NBA teams... he knows this and apparently doesn't want to waste his first pro year playing for a junior NBA squad overseas.

If I were IT, i would seriously try to retain him on the roster. It's a shame JJ is taking up a spot that someone else deserves.