What does this mean?

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
The BIG-PUSH:

Everybody is in wait-and-see mode.
We do have a better sense of where the roster stands. Everybody assumed Demetris Nichols and Fred Jones already had one foot out the door.

"It's not Nichols and Fred Jones," Thomas said. "We're trying to put together a 15-man roster and, by the way, I like Fred a lot. I drafted him in Indiana, so don't plan on him going anywhere anytime soon."
So here's what it looks like right now:
Locks to make the final roster:
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Renaldo Balkman
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Jared Jeffries
Randolph Morris

Still looking for a role:

Malik Rose
Fred Jones
Demetris Nichols

On the endangered list:

Allan Houston
Jerome James

The soon to be departed:
Jared Jordan
Roderick Wilmont
Walker D. Russell Jr.

Right now, I think that Fred Jones, Malik Rose, and Demetris Nichols, but especially Fred and Malik, has made the team already. In the case of Allen Houston, that would be difficult for him to be tied to the team. He has been gone for 2 seasons. There is just to many guards on the team for him to get any playing time. If he stays, it would be better if he come in for Jamal, who sohuld start this season. But if that's so, the their would be limited time for Nate and Mardy. I guess that Nate will have to come in for Stephon. So if that goes down, then the days of Mardy being a Knick are limited as well.

Starks

Starter
Good Move Isiaha. Just when the media starts to write their first positive artcles about Knicks in 3 years with Houston reuniting w/ team- You send him packing.

Isaiah, you simply are a public relations guru!!!!!!!!!!!

No, lets throw him out and keep the dead weight of James and Rose, who give us less than a knicks ball boy.

What a masterstroke of a move.

We are in good hands New York

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Sorry Starks

But i dont think we are worried about PR. we are worried about W and L. So we want the best people on the court to make that happen wee are not worried about What the media is saying we just want the team to win. So If your worried about how the image of the team is maybe you should go to another forum sorry cause we really dont care lol.

:gony:

Starks

Starter
But i dont think we are worried about PR. we are worried about W and L. So we want the best people on the court to make that happen wee are not worried about What the media is saying we just want the team to win. So If your worried about how the image of the team is maybe you should go to another forum sorry cause we really dont care lol.

:gony:

Clearly, Ws and Ls are what we all champion here right. Umm when's the last time we were over .500????

Nice Try though = )

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
lol your funny bro

So what you are saying is that you think we would be a championship team if we were a team with no problems come on. Detroit starting winning when they picked up one of the worse guys in the NBA Rasheed Wallace another great player the blazers wish they didnt give up so i dont wanna here that bull

:gony::indifferent:

Starks

Starter
Sports Management 101

I hate to break it to you but winning a championship is not at the very top of any Sports' Franchise agenda. That's great for the papers, but these are all businesses.

Take Dolan's goggles off and read this and really think about it:

EVERY business in the world operaters under the chief goal of MAKING MONEY and getting their owners/executives rich.

-The popular theory is that winning a championship will be a catalyst for several outcomes.

a) Gives a team instant certification as being the top brand in its industy, which will in turn gives its customers legitimacy as consumers of the cheif product in a field on many (other products = Bulls, Nets, Mavs, ect.)

b) Gives advertisers (arguably the real customers), a case that the team with a championship will ideally have the biggest fan base of all. (Advertisers/Companies don't give a rat's ass about stats and rings, its demographics that they are interested in.

c) Gives a team security that since it is the best in league, the host arena can forecast impressive attendance figures for the next 3-5 years.

d) Gives a team instant MAINSTREAM media access by being the best. Media outlets and networks are forced to cover the story.

Reasons a) b) and c) are why teams really stride for being a championship team. But in this modern era of sports and business, not every team goes into the season thinking about rings. Some teams have strategic plans that span over next decade that probably don't waste time thinking about a championship.

Here are some cases.

The Bulls. In the last 2-3 years of The Bulls championship run, Jerry Reindorf had a larger issue to deal with. It was clear Jordan and Pippen were leaving, and he had to prepare for the fall out. While the Bulls were winning rings, Don't think Jerry would have traded them all away for another 3 more years with them. During that time, the larger issue (above winning a ring) was how to keep his product viable. We all know how that story ended.

The Lakers. Similar to above, keeping Shaq and Kobe around- not necessarily for rings, but for advertisers/investors, to surround the team was the real issue at hand. Many today question why Jerry Buss sits on his ass while his team doesnt do anything to improve. Again, its not because winning a championship is the goal. (Kobe ensures revenue, whether he likes it or not)

Alex Rodriguez. Read the papers. Anyone of you hear his agent, Scott Boras case for signing ARod to a 30 mil year deal. Evidently, A-ROD brings MONEY to teams. You think A-Rod went to Texas to win a ring? You think Texas signed him because he would bring a ring? Texas thought A-Rod would be enough to keep their fans happy and franchise afloat. This is proven because Texas did not do much else to improve roster when Arod played there. Any in negotiations now, Boras isn't arguing that Arod will bring rings, be brings advertisers and fans with him- which equal big money for owners.

Colorado Rockes. They probably will win a championship this year. Does anyone care? Nope. Will fans flock to Coors Field next year, or will any networks pick up there games next season? Probably not much.

In Conclusion, all I'm saying is to dig a little deeper on these "PR Stories" and why they outweigh retaining a no named rookie or Jerome James.

The Knicks make money. That is not a question. But on a popular poll last year on fan treatment, the Knicks ranked 27 in the NBA, and wayyyy below in spanning all sports. Investors catch on to this sort of thing, and I think that regardless of how much we all love David Lee, this team is far far FARRR away from having the same repuation it had in mid 90s. Back then the Knicks were pride of the city.

And I do mean it when I say this, I rather have the Knicks play high above .500 and be in the playoffs everyyear for next 5 seasons than have Knicks win a fluke championship at 7th seed one year, and back to bottom of basement for next 4 years.

metrocard

Legend
Starks just layed down the hammer on Isiah's 1093th son. Probably the most beast own age I've seen in months.

BTW, please GTFO if you don't know how to spell Allan Houston...I never seen anyone so open about their Isiahsexuality.

Starks, once again props for breaking it down; best part was when you stated Knicks were pride of the city, now most New Yorkers are ashamed of what Isiah/the Dolans are running here. Most HS and College kids in NYC go with the Heat, Mavericks, Rockets, Suns etc...all the front runner. And the people who don't realize what you and I realize can't spell Allan Houston and worship Isiah as a primary God.

So as a Knick nation, we gotta keep fighting against the negative factors; we shall prevail.

The primary objective of any buisness is to make money I agree, so don't champions make the most money for their respective teams? That makes playing for a championship important to a "company" dosen't it? The Bronx Bommers are the most lucrative franchise in MLB why because their winners. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon of a championship teams and that translates into more money dosen't it? If the rockies stay at least a playoff calaber team they will get a truckload of new fans just because they'll be a good team. People come to see their teams if their good if they suck nobody shows up to watch their favorite teams get their asses beat. Just think of all those fake ass Chicago Bulls and Dallas Cowboy fans of the 90's remember those shit-heads what happened to all those morons when Jordan and Emmit retired and their teams started to lose? They stopped buying tickets and merchindice didn't they. Champions make more money bottom line, so sports franchises strive to win for more profit right?

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Yeah This Guy Dosnt Make Any Since But

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

WE JUST GOT OUR ASS BEAT I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND IM SO NERVOUS
ABOUT THIS SEASON. WE LOST BY 40 POINTS THATS SAD I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOUT THIS.

I'm just glad I didn't get to see the beat down. I don't think this is a sign of things to come, but then again I'm a Knick fan. One good thing that came out of this is that KG didn't have a great game against us. I mean he didn't exactly explode the stat sheets from what I saw, just everone else on the Celtics played well and the fact that we couldn't shoot at all last night probably had something to do with us getting stompped. Hopefully this is "just the pre-season" and we will look a whole lot better in about a month.