Opinions on 101-61 Lost

Kiyaman

Legend
Do not be afraid to discuss this Knicks Lost in the Preseason against a new Boston Celtics team that was put together this offseason.

Everybody hates Chris television series, remind me of this 101-61 Knicks Lost to Boston in a Preseason game (worst team lost this preseason).
Everybody Hates Isiah Thomas in Boston for making that comment about one of the 50 greatest players in the NBA Super Star Larry Bird.

The Curry & Zach Tandem as Starters is a FLUKE. Maybe by midseason or next season they could be a bonafide Frontcourt Tandem with the help of Lee, Balkman, Morris, and Malik.

I did not see this Knick vs Celtics game and we should be glad I did'nt CUZ Zeke would've been demoted to draft Scout only with the words I would have expressed for him.

Zeke Favorite Pet Players Marbury, Crawford, and Q.Rich totaled for only 6 assists in this game averaging 24 minutes each (These three positions make the Chemistry of a Team, and 6 assists says no offensive chemistry or co-existing in these 3-positions). They gave Boston a 14 point lead in the first quarter, and gave Boston the game in the third quarter.
So this season when any member mention a Knick trade these three players should be on the top of the list to be traded out of New York.

How long was Marbury, Crawford, and Q.Rich playing together on this Knick Team compared to the Boston Celtics PG, SG, and SF?

Knicks 24-85 FG 25.9%, 10 Assists, 13 turnovers
Boston 40-71 FG 56.3%, 27 Assists, 17 turnovers<!-- / message -->

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think it's great that they received an a$$ whopping of that magnitude especially now since it doesn't count.
I know they took a serious hit with such a reality check. The best way to see their resolve is to watch the game tonight and see how they respond.

By the way - the game last night was just surreal...25% shooting from the floor?? wow

Mantovani

Rookie
I wouldn't worry too much. It's better to get these kind of bad performances out of the way when they don't matter and the team can learn from their mistakes. That being said, this was our first proper test and we failed miserably.

Im not worried

Im not worried at all i think they needed a wake up call
and im confident in saying that you wont see those bad numbers again
and bostons bench is not that good .its funny because as the game went on
you saw these celtic bench players gaining confidence but i assure you these guys will flop mark my words and i also have to say they were as flat of a team as ive ever seen they looked nervous and we missed a log of good shots and david lee needs to start the games.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Exactly. I don't know why we played poor since I didn't see the game. But the only way to get better defensively and offensively is to get hit in the mouth early so you know how it feels and should not want to get hit like that again. We're only going to get better so I'm not worried. This is a talented team. You see Randolph had 12 boards in less than 30 minutes against the best rebounder in the game KG (numbers-wise). Randolph is going to be a monster on the glass this year. Hopefully Curry's shoulder isn't bothering him now....

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
DUUUUUHHHHHmmm

Gee ... let me think about this one ... duuhhmmdeduuhhmmdeduuhhmm ... do you think it can have anything to do with the team being lead by a laughing jackass of a coach, a jackass executive President and being owned by the JACK-OF-ALL-ASSES James Dolan ??!! By gosh, I think it do!

portega1968

El Cacique
Our problem has always been defending opposing wings and points and I dont think that has been addressed... there's just no one on our team that can stop Pierce or Allen, and sure as hell aint no one gonna stop KG either.

So, its' true that its just preseason... but anyone who thinks we aint gonna get our ass kicked like this when these teams face each other in the regular season is primed for a wakeup call. Our team is offensively gifted but defensively challenged and much more needs to be done in that sense if we expect these whoopings to disappear anytime soon.

Isiah should go radical on everyones ass and shake things up big time. Start Q, Nate, Balkman, Lee and Zach and have everyone else earn minutes. I'll assure you Steph and Curry would be much more productive off the bench and less of a liability on defense and this quick tempo lineup would start games right.

nykway24

Rookie
i kno the poster above me is not talkin about being a jackass wen it seems like he is the ass of this whole fourm. Not that im saying we shouldnt take this loss seriously but its the damn preseason. this is the time where we work out all of our kinks. this is why i cant stand fake ass knicks fans. everything they do wrong gets amplified and multiplied. wen the knicks do something great they still find ways to bash this team. all fans like that either move to fukcing new jersey and become fake ass nets fans or go play in traffic

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I know this was a preseason game, and really I dont even think that the Knicks tried to play at least 60% at all so I am not worried either. but it makes the knicks just look bad.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It's good to see so many optimistic Knicks fans. I'll be honest, the loss shook me. I thought to my self, how in the world will this team make the play offs losing games by 40 pts. That was a major break down. But I can't fault Curry/Randolph. As much talent as we have on this team Marbury, Crawford, Richardson and even your savior H20 could have stepped up but didn't. This was a failure as a team not just the players many of us like to single out and bash. It's way too early to say the tandem doesn't work. This was their first game together. All the players seem to have the desire to win and make adjustments and Curry and Randolph seem to want to make this work.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Losing by 40 points is ridiculous. Every year we all get excited for the season and eventually get let down. I was pumped for last year and look what happened. I was pumped at the beginning of the previous year and look what happened. Every year the players say they're hungry and this is the year that they will make some noise and look what happens. We have some players with heart (e.g. Lee, Balkman) but let’s face it; the leaders of this team do not. They can say all they want about wanting to win and sacrificing for the team, but once a loss like this one happens, or a losing streak happens, we'll see who really has heart. The Knicks better not let me down again (i.e. < .500). If so, the whole organization needs to be dismantled, from the top down.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's good to see so many optimistic Knicks fans. I'll be honest, the loss shook me. I thought to my self, how in the world will this team make the play offs losing games by 40 pts. That was a major break down. But I can't fault Curry/Randolph. As much talent as we have on this team Marbury, Crawford, Richardson and even your savior H20 could have stepped up but didn't. This was a failure as a team not just the players many of us like to single out and bash. It's way too early to say the tandem doesn't work. This was their first game together. All the players seem to have the desire to win and make adjustments and Curry and Randolph seem to want to make this work.

The Boston Big-3 did some serious offseason workouts with fellow teammates to stay inshape running scrimage to get some chemistry flowing months before Training Camp.

The Knick players look to much to Captain Marbury to call the shots for this team in the regular season and the offseason.

Losing by 10 or 20 points is BAD, but .... by 40 Points!
I'm going to watch to see how many teams Boston beat by 25 points this season.

P.S. The Curry & Zach Tandem should not start the regular season if this Knick Team want to have some success.
I recomend that Curry & Zach become backups to each other the first 25 Knick games this season. After 25 games, hopefully Balkman will be back then you could put the Curry, Zach, and Balkman, threesome out on the court.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
first of all losing by 40 points preseason or not is fuckin pathetic. I think the tandem of Curry and Randolph needs to be broken up. I doubt it will work out because they are poor defenders. Lee isnt the best defender either but i believe he is more aware on defense then Eddy Mcflurry and Smack Randolph. I wish we still had Kurt thomas. None of these guys are quick but Kurt Thomas is probably the slowest but hes still even now the best defender out of all of them. I thought Crawford also sucked on defense. Ray Allen abused him. Marbury shouldve been guarding him. The Knicks did not look like a team. Im too lazy to check the post but my pops told me yesterday there was an article that said the knicks were going to play hard and play to win. I hope thats not true. They didnt look like a team and i thought q-rich even looked a little bit slower but I'm not gonna jump to that conclusion yet. Pierce is a great player. I'm already convinced that some changes need to be made to the starting 5.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
first of all losing by 40 points preseason or not is fuckin pathetic. I think the tandem of Curry and Randolph needs to be broken up. I doubt it will work out because they are poor defenders. Lee isnt the best defender either but i believe he is more aware on defense then Eddy Mcflurry and Smack Randolph. I wish we still had Kurt thomas. None of these guys are quick but Kurt Thomas is probably the slowest but hes still even now the best defender out of all of them. I thought Crawford also sucked on defense. Ray Allen abused him. Marbury shouldve been guarding him. The Knicks did not look like a team. Im too lazy to check the post but my pops told me yesterday there was an article that said the knicks were going to play hard and play to win. I hope thats not true. They didnt look like a team and i thought q-rich even looked a little bit slower but I'm not gonna jump to that conclusion yet. Pierce is a great player. I'm already convinced that some changes need to be made to the starting 5.

I totally agree. The Knicks still have the same problems, poor defense and high turnovers. The Knicks' starters are all Vets and if they didn't learn how to play defense by now, then they ain't gonna learn now. The Knicks better not give away their first round pick. Hopefully, Isiah gets fired after this season and we finally begin a legitimate rebuilding process.

metrocard

Legend
I can't remember a team in my lifetime that has had such infuriating starters and such promising youngsters.

Chandler is looking good...same with Jamal. Robinson is hopeless.