• Bench him the whole season

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Buy him out

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GetRealistic

Starter
I haven't seen much of the last two games so i've been lucky. We're obviously a bad team but i think alot of what happened the last few games is that the team hit the wall. They've been running and practicing hard for over a month and frankly none of these players have every worked that hard before in their NBA careers. With two days off and being at home agianst a team that could be beaten i'd expect a better performance.

You guys gotta lay off Duhon he wasn't brought in here to score so the stat arguement is awful. Also Andre Miller is a good point guard who always kills the Knicks. He killed Marbury, Crawford, and any other point guard we've thrown out there in the past. And the Sessions arguement is lame considering Duhon was guarding Redd for a good part of the game.

I'd say Knicks 106- Bobcats 102

Starks

Starter
I'll be at this game.

Going there after work. Don't care what the outcome is though, I'm on a week long Democratic Party High with the rest of New York City.

My neighborhood was jumpin last night.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I haven't seen much of the last two games so i've been lucky. We're obviously a bad team but i think alot of what happened the last few games is that the team hit the wall. They've been running and practicing hard for over a month and frankly none of these players have every worked that hard before in their NBA careers. With two days off and being at home agianst a team that could be beaten i'd expect a better performance.

You guys gotta lay off Duhon he wasn't brought in here to score so the stat arguement is awful. Also Andre Miller is a good point guard who always kills the Knicks. He killed Marbury, Crawford, and any other point guard we've thrown out there in the past. And the Sessions arguement is lame considering Duhon was guarding Redd for a good part of the game.

I'd say Knicks 106- Bobcats 102

Not really true....you cant look at last years stats because marbury didnt play, so lets go back to 2 years ago.

Game 1: Andre miller-9pts, Starbury-5pts

Game 2: Andre miller-10pts, Starbury-24pts

Game 3: Andre Miller-19pts, Starbury-12pts

Game 4: Andre Miller-14pts, Starbury-30pts

Andre Miller:13ppg
Starbury:17.8ppg

Wait...so how did he "kill marbury"? I dont get it. He didnt kill marbury. Your posts that involve marbury cant be taken seriously because of how much you hate him. When it comes to him you say alotta ignorant things.

You start off your post by saying "I havent seen much of the last 2 games." And then you go on to say "And the Sessions arguement is lame considering Duhon was guarding Redd for a good part of the game." To be honest i missed a lot of the 2nd and 3rd quarters but I did see Sessions burning duhorn in the 4th, and whoever was broadcasting...i think it was mike breen kept sayin how easily sessions was gettin by him.

Can you make it any easier for me getreal?

I think you need to see this again:

Chris Duhorns Stats:
36.3mpg
6.7ppg
30% fg
4.3apg

Now lets look at stat lines from his opponents:

Mario Chalmers (And let me remind you, this was his first game as a pro): 17 points(7-13), 8 assists

Chalmers has played 2 games since his NBA debut, averaging 4.5 points and 5 assists

Andre Miller:20 points (8-12), 8 assists, 7 rebounds (33 minutes)

Ramon Sessions:18 points (8-17), 8 assists, 7 rebounds

Your probably gonna say sumthin stupid like "Well marburys not part of the future plans. Even though Duhon is a bum we shouldnt play marbury because of all the bad things he did earlier in his career"

What bothers me the most is that by not playin marbury D'antoni is throwin in the towel very early. And i agree that with marbury were still probably not a playoff team...but were more entertaining, and knicks fans deserve that at the very least after all the losing we've suffered while isiah was runnin things.

Marburys shown thats hes grown up a lot the way hes handling this, but it really dont matter what he does. He wont ever get credit from most of his haters, and this would include you.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Gerald Wallace always seems to have the knicks number and if I remember correctly we always seem to lose to the bobcats.

portega1968

El Cacique
Gerald Wallace always seems to have the knicks number and if I remember correctly we always seem to lose to the bobcats.

how ****ed up can it get... lose to the Bobcats, with Jordan and Brown on the payroll, and a starter named Jared Dudley?

All hell is gonna break loose if we lose.

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
yeah because marbury wont be playing, i will only be catching the highlights. a few notes tho: gerald wallace is good and i think he is much more athletic than qrich, might be interesting to see chandler and wallace go at it both tall athletic cats, i think wallace still has the advantage. I dont like our matchups at all but im still rooting for the knicks, even if there not gunna play my role model/hero that ive followed and looked up to the last 13 years of my life. hah

cmon knicks, lets get a W.

GetRealistic

Starter
Not really true....you cant look at last years stats because marbury didnt play, so lets go back to 2 years ago.

Wait...so how did he "kill marbury"? I dont get it. He didnt kill marbury. Your posts that involve marbury cant be taken seriously because of how much you hate him. When it comes to him you say alotta ignorant things.

You start off your post by saying "I havent seen much of the last 2 games." And then you go on to say "And the Sessions arguement is lame considering Duhon was guarding Redd for a good part of the game." To be honest i missed a lot of the 2nd and 3rd quarters but I did see Sessions burning duhorn in the 4th, and whoever was broadcasting...i think it was mike breen kept sayin how easily sessions was gettin by him.

Your probably gonna say sumthin stupid like "Well marburys not part of the future plans. Even though Duhon is a bum we shouldnt play marbury because of all the bad things he did earlier in his career"

What bothers me the most is that by not playin marbury D'antoni is throwin in the towel very early. And i agree that with marbury were still probably not a playoff team...but were more entertaining, and knicks fans deserve that at the very least after all the losing we've suffered while isiah was runnin things.

Marburys shown thats hes grown up a lot the way hes handling this, but it really dont matter what he does. He wont ever get credit from most of his haters, and this would include you.

You made it a Marbury discussion not me. I have nothing to say about Marbury he's not on the team so i have nothing to say about him anymore. I am very happy about that but at this point i have nothing left to say about the topic. Your the one who makes everything a Marbury debate.

I'd like to talk about the players who actually logged a minute this season. But hey your the Elite poster so you do your thing.

Last edited:

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
i cant speak for anybody here, all of these players are not performing, and its just magnified because our best player is in a suit and tie for whatever reason. The worst thing that happened to us was winning opening night cause we all foolishly got a false sense of hope, not to say we cant be good, but "rebuilding" is a bitch, and im sure its gunna get worse before its better. we cant single out just duhon but we can single out the the whole team besides maybe wilson because he has been a pleasant surprise.

maybe im better suited to handle this than all you, im an oakland athletics fan, we seem to rebuild every year lol.

if u want me to tell you whats wrong with these players just ask, i got time...

Kiyaman

Legend
When I put my money on the Knicks first 5-games prediction, I put the Knicks as a sure WIN over the Bobcats with Marbury going all-out to beat coach Larry Brown as a payback.

At first I was skeptical of Larry Brown defense with Okafor shot blocking so I gave the win to the Bobcats.... but when I read about Larry Brown calling out Gerald Wallace I had to put my money on Marbury revenge of pushing the ball down court before the Bobcats could setup on defense.

Now I see the Bobcats Guards Felton, Richardson, and Augustin putting it on our Guards Duhon, Crawful, and Nate.
Gerald Wallace will have a field day on Q.Rich & Zach.

I will probably focus more on the 3-0 Detroit Pistons vs the 3-0 Toronto Raptors game tonight to see if AI will be playing tonight.

GetRealistic

Starter
When I put my money on the Knicks first 5-games prediction, I put the Knicks as a sure WIN over the Bobcats with Marbury going all-out to beat coach Larry Brown as a payback.

At first I was skeptical of Larry Brown defense with Okafor shot blocking so I gave the win to the Bobcats.... but when I read about Larry Brown calling out Gerald Wallace I had to put my money on Marbury revenge of pushing the ball down court before the Bobcats could setup on defense.

Now I see the Bobcats Guards Felton, Richardson, and Augustin putting it on our Guards Duhon, Crawful, and Nate.
Gerald Wallace will have a field day on Q.Rich & Zach.

I will probably focus more on the 3-0 Detroit Pistons vs the 3-0 Toronto Raptors game tonight to see if AI will be playing tonight.

Well we all are on the edge of our seat waiting to hear your essay style breakdown of the Pistons game.

richtree

Rotation player
Who is Jared Dudly?

Starting SF for Charlotte? Never heard of him.

Yo MSG you have to fix the date under your title. The thread title is right but in the post it says 10/31....that got me really confused for a few minutes so change that up.

Are you serious?

He was one of the best college players out of Boston College (big east) so you def. should have seen him play...

He is in the NBA and you should know your players, or else people in the forum can't respect your posts...

Hell...just google him if you need too....

You are a "vetern" here based on you post level....

You're better than that......

(hopes you were juss playin')

tree

WiL8000

Rotation player
I know this is a rebuilding process and it's going to be ugly at times, for example the last game against the Bucks. But I still want the Knicks to be competitive at least.

The problem with this system with this line up of players, is we don't have consistent scorers so when the Knicks aren't scoring, their defense isn't enough to keep the opposing team's score low enough to have a chance.

If defense was emphasized more it might help, but probably not with this group of guys. What this team needs (besides a valid starting PG) is a presence in the middle who can rebound, draw fouls and score so when those outside shots aren't sinking, they're still scoring somehow.

Hopefully the Knicks can win this game though, something needs change from the last two games, a plan b, so if the Knicks as a team aren't scoring, they're taking the ball to the rim, drawing fouls and getting to the line.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
as MSG stated earlier its seems D'Antoni will start playing Marbs only if our season gets way out of hand losing wise....that'll only make D'Antoni look worse but at least the only positive will be that we inch closer to getting Rubio or Jennings...but still i dont want us playing like this this early in the year were only 3 games in and were playing horrible basketball it seems on some possesions we cant buy a basket...were out runnig other teams but we have nothing to show for it in the points area but even worse nothing in the wins area-except for a a mere win vs miami that looked like it would be a lose...anyways i wanna se Marbury and not Duhorn.

GetRealistic

Starter
I believe Dudley was the ACC player of the year two seasons ago. He played on what would have been a real good BC team before Sean Williams got kicked out of school.

I'm not sure the type of NBA player he is yet, but he fits the Larry Brown mold smart player who defends. Think a more skilled Tyrone Hill.

metrocard

Legend

MSG killed it again.
What a beast.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
ok i just realized something
the knicks are extremely unconsistant
one night crawford scores 29 then he only gets 1
q rich gets 16 then 28
lee gets a double double then gets into foul trouble and can't do anything
if they just stay consistant and let marbuty play instead of that fagg duhon we could be a decent team