And So The Mess Continues, Q Calls Out Steph

TJ.

Rookie
It's not so much the Knicks' handling of the situation, rather the fact that Stern hasn't bothered to step in an address the issue that a player who a team is paying a lot of money for is refusing to suit up and play for them.

I mean Marbs hasn't even been fined for voiding a contract.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It's not so much the Knicks' handling of the situation, rather the fact that Stern hasn't bothered to step in an address the issue that a player who a team is paying a lot of money for is refusing to suit up and play for them.

I mean Marbs hasn't even been fined for voiding a contract.
So, in other words, if the Knicks use Marbury for 1 week and bench him again once Mobley comes back, then the Knicks are getting their money's worth out of Marbury? Please, your post is very illogical. Be more real. If Marbury plays 4 games, that would mean he'd be making over 5 million dollars a game. You think D'Antoni's right for benching a 2x All Star in the best shape of his life? I think Marbury should be playing, but not for some garbage minutes. Being that he's the best player on the team, I think it's only fair to have him on the active list and to use him for at least 20 minutes a game.

TJ.

Rookie
So, in other words, if the Knicks use Marbury for 1 week and bench him again once Mobley comes back, then the Knicks are getting their money's worth out of Marbury? Please, your post is very illogical. Be more real. If Marbury plays 4 games, that would mean he'd be making over 5 million dollars a game. You think D'Antoni's right for benching a 2x All Star in the best shape of his life?

Illogical?

It's not illogical. It's correct. It doesn't matter how the Knicks use Marbury. He signed a contract, he has to fulfil it otherwise we don't have to pay him.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Illogical?

It's not illogical. It's correct. It doesn't matter how the Knicks use Marbury. He signed a contract, he has to fulfil it otherwise we don't have to pay him.

True indeed. If the Knicks played Marbury 2 minutes per game that's their prerogative. Wouldn't be smart but that's besides the point. The point is no player should simply decide not to play when physically capable of playing because they don't like a situation. What is the debate about?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
True indeed. If the Knicks played Marbury 2 minutes per game that's their prerogative. Wouldn't be smart but that's besides the point. The point is no player should simply decide not to play when physically capable of playing because they don't like a situation. What is the debate about?
The debate is that Quentin Richardson sucks, therefore he has no right to call anybody out. I hope Mike D'Antoni benches his ass and puts Tim Thomas as the new starting small forward. People always talk about how Q-Ball is a lockeroom leader. Well, lockeroom leading doesn't deserve a starting spot and 8 million a year. Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry should have been traded a long time ago. This s#!t is getting rediculous.

Pricey

Rotation player
Marbury signed a contract.

This isn't high school...

Once you ink that paper and start getting the money from it, you have to follow through with it regardless of the situation or whoever the coach is.
your right, he signed a contract. D'Antoni also said he was going to give him a chance and let him train and play all exhibition and preseason games and then suddenly says he is not in his plans which means he knew all along he wasnt going to play him.
So basically D'Antoni lied to him from the start.

What im saying is if you played a sport and your coach said to you in preseason that you were part of the plans and made u train and play all exhibition games and then suddenly says ur not part of the plans any more. Then suddenly a couple injuries happen and he wants you to play for a week til those injuries are recovered and then your benched the rest of the year.

The quesiton is.... are you going to play those couple games after you were treated like garbage? If you say yes then your a liar.
Contract or no contract its his choice, He got screwed initially so he is looking after himself and thats D'Anntoni's prob.

I like Marbury but if he doesnt play and goes somewhere else im not bothered, i like the Knicks more then the individual but having said that even if Steph made mistakes in the past whats happened to him is wrong and i would sit on the sidelines as well.

TJ.

Rookie
your right, he signed a contract. D'Antoni also said he was going to give him a chance and let him train and play all exhibition and preseason games and then suddenly says he is not in his plans which means he knew all along he wasnt going to play him.

What im saying is if you played a sport and your coach said to you in preseason that you were part of the plans and made u train and play all exhibition games and then suddenly says ur not part of the plans any more. Then suddenly a couple injuries happen and he wants you to play for a week til those injuries are recovered and then your benched the rest of the year.

The quesiton is.... are you going to play those couple games after you were treated like garbage? If you say yes then your a liar.
Contract or no contract its his choice, He got screwed initially so he is looking after himself and thats D'Anntoni's prob.

I like Marbury but if he doesnt play and goes somewhere else im not bothered, i like the Knicks more then the individual but having said that even if Steph made mistakes in the past whats happened to him is wrong and i would sit on the sidelines as well.

It doesn't matte what D'Antoni does.

Next year it isn't going to matter if Steph got minutes this year because he isn't going to be apart of the team. D'Antoni wasn't going to use Marbs at the start of the season because of that and because he wants to focus on the players which are going to be there and be apart of the system.

Now that we have the trades done, this season really doesn't matter anymore. D'Antoni is trying to give him minutes because of that and because our players are injured and tired.

Steph says the same shit before every season. All his stuff about "Running mountains" means nothing. He wouldn't be in a bench situation if he wasn't such a problem for the team with his sheer stupidity both on and off the court to begin with.

He's just being a bitch for the sake of being a bitch. He's too dumb to realise the trouble it's going to land him in. Serves him right for letting down his team mates, fans and the organisation.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lol at marbury's lame ass excuse not to play..im not part of the teams future....did he need d'antoni to tell em dat???lmao

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
it states on espn, that Stephony is within days of being relieved of his non-duties and will FINALLY be waived in shame by MSG, it's staff, fans, interns, former coaches, current coaches, former team mates, current team mates, scalpers, pigeons and so on and so forth. Anyone for an online glass of champagne and a cuban with a sprinkle of buddha? Mind you, I will almost miss the opportunity to slander his lack of class.

Oh how I love to hate him.

Don't trip on your salary on the way out the door sunshine.

xx

lol woohoo!

th3realicon

Rotation player
This guy is becoming the laughing stock of an entire league. Enough with the lame arse excuses already. First he refuses to play because he is not part of the future of the team. Well sorry about that genius but a lot of players know they are not being resigned when the last year of their contracts comes by. Fine i will let it go the first time, but when asked for the second time around and you refuse by also making the lame claim he was never asked to play.

That my friend is pathetic. He needs to be left inactive till the end of the year and see what good with that make for the remainder of his career. It's one thing to be outspoken, it's a completely different think to be a 30 years old cry baby.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Hallelujah! He has finally seen the light, thank you Jesus!!! (This lil light of mine, I'm gonna make it shine.....)

but wait...

What? :shock2:
Elite poster? :?

You've got to love the presumption of victory due to what exactly, best insults, photo shop ability? This posts got metro's name written all over it. You wont be taken seriously if you call those that disagree with your points haters. Haterbury? My dick wants to laugh.

He's making baby steps DC....
Slow progress better than no progress ya dig?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
here we go again...

If yall hate so much, yall should be happy that he aint playin. It dont make sense to me. I do think he should be playin but i dont think its as big of a deal as the haters make it out to be. D'antoni embarrassed him opening night. Marbury sat there on the bench expectin to play. Mike D should have been more straightforward with Marbury, and he owes him an apology. And then crawford gets traded, and all of a sudden they got room for Marbury? Fukk outta here, marbury is better then crawford. He should have been the starting shooting guard.

Embarrassed? Marbury makes 21 Mil a year..if Dantoni want's him to clean the MSG bathrooms he should do it without question and with a smile. You clearly care more about an individual player than the Knicks...his refusal to play is indefensible...period!

What don't you get about team chemistry? We all agree Marbury puts up the best numbers but lacks a team spirit. Dantoni's system depends on chemistry and Marbury is too selfish and egotiscal to work well in that system. That said, his refusal to play only hurts the 7 other teamates that have to play extra minutes and get embarassed on the court because he is now trying to prove a point. Marbury is soon to be gone and good riddance!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The debate is that Quentin Richardson sucks, therefore he has no right to call anybody out. I hope Mike D'Antoni benches his ass and puts Tim Thomas as the new starting small forward. People always talk about how Q-Ball is a lockeroom leader. Well, lockeroom leading doesn't deserve a starting spot and 8 million a year. Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry should have been traded a long time ago. This s#!t is getting rediculous.

On this point I have to agree with you. It was not appropriate for Q to speak up on the Marbury situation. I think Q was frustrated with it all, so the same way you have an understanding for Marbury's feelings with not wanting to play, I have an understanding for Q's frustration with Marbury. The difference is I'm not excusing Q's actions. I agree with you again (twice in a row, jeeze) that Q is not starting material, he's past his prime. The irony here is if Marbury were to do his job, once every one was healthy Marbury could have started ahead of Q. We are all assuming that Mobley would start and Marbury would go back to the bench. If Steph were seen as a good teammate (which he's not) and helped the young players on their game this situation would be totally different.

Trading Q and Eddie isn't easy. Q is just now starting to be productive and Eddie, well, that's another story all together.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
stph doesnt give a fatherfuc|< about you, about new york or his blinded by man love fans. He wouldnt even grace the court for 1 second for his fans to see him play....he made it clear that he is a business man. And obviously he chose money over his fans.
Now to you MSG, u claim to have played ball b4.....i dont know at what level, but i would rather have a team of average guys, than to have a ball hoggin ego trippin bitch on my team. Especially in organised ball, you do whatever the coach asks....and we dont even get paid for that. You cant leave our team a player short, mess the entire game up, just because ur selfish ass is catchin feelings.
this motherfukka makin millions bro....millions.....i dont think u understand that what he makes in 48 minutes of watchin basketball from the sidelines, the average family makes that in just under 3 years. how can you feel sorry for him?? how can you fell passionate about a bitch ass nigqa, who u don teven know personally....thats sum gay ass shit bro....

OFT!! Please oh please pay me 21 Million dollars to play a game I love! I give everyone permission to not feel bad for me if I get mills to sit on a bench and watch a NBA game! People pay G's to have those seats and he is bitching like a little ho! I say don't cut him! Fine his ass every game or practice he refuses to participate in! Hit him where it hurts! His bitchass pocketbook!

Kiyaman

Legend
anyone who trys to back marbury in this situation knows hes a bitch and they just doin it for the sake of doin it..any real knick fan knows that marburys turned into a plague and that Q just said it best, there's no "why would he play" there's no "oh coach said they goin in a new direction" bs, marbury is a joke of a teamate and has shown his shallowness and 'me over team' time and time again...if he was a real basketball player he'd play no matter what the situation at any chance he has. end of story. hope he never sees the court again in his life.

Mobley is saying no too.
Or did we forget that Mobley played every game this season with the Clippers averaging 33 mpg.

Q.Richardson should be the last one talking....what did Q.Rich do in November 2006, when Isiah put Jefferies in the starting lineup with Marbury & Francis? Q.Rich took the next 2 months off. Which made Francis do the samething when replaced by Crawful in the starting lineup.

Do you really want to get something straight?

Who does it look like is not in the Knicks Plans....right now?
Marbury? Crawful? or Zach?

But who did the Knicks Head Coach Dantoni kept repeating was not in the Knicks plans from the start of this season.
And dum-dum Knicks President Donnie Walsh confirmed Dantoni statements.

Q.Richardson is a Bum of bums and should never make any kind of statement about the next player. If any player do not belong in the Knicks plans it should be Q.Richardson. I would trade Q.Richardson for Jerome James.

This dum Knick trade move has put so much pressure on Lebron James early in this season that Lebron forgot who he is and that he is on one of the top contender teams this season the Cleveland Cavs.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
you know what, i have no issue with Marbury doing this.

I find it funny Q-Bitch comes out with this saying he isnt helping his team mates yet he was one of the guys in the background who was bitching about him to the media for the last few seasons. Why would Marbs want to help him out?

Why should Marbury play for 1 week and then get sent back to the bench in his suit? D'Antoni did him wrong and he has every right to refuse to play.

Im all for buying out his contract, it will end this media circus and then Marbury can play consistent bball with another team.

He gets paid as much as Kobe...Marbury should shut his mouth and do what he is asked...period! These are grown men and are supposedly professional athletes. Marbury is taking a business decision made by the Knicks organization personal and is now hurting the other Knick players who had nothing to do with that initial decsion. I hope they keep Marbury, make him suit up and fine him everytime he refuses to play.

Kiyaman

Legend
On this point I have to agree with you. It was not appropriate for Q to speak up on the Marbury situation. I think Q was frustrated with it all, so the same way you have an understanding for Marbury's feelings with not wanting to play, I have an understanding for Q's frustration with Marbury. The difference is I'm not excusing Q's actions. I agree with you again (twice in a row, jeeze) that Q is not starting material, he's past his prime. The irony here is if Marbury were to do his job, once every one was healthy Marbury could have started ahead of Q. We are all assuming that Mobley would start and Marbury would go back to the bench. If Steph were seen as a good teammate (which he's not) and helped the young players on their game this situation would be totally different.

Trading Q and Eddie isn't easy. Q is just now starting to be productive and Eddie, well, that's another story all together.

As much as I raged Hell when Marbury was first traded to New York....
I did not want Marbury here....but!

There is something every Knick Fan need to remember....Layden got fired because over half of the season ticket buyers did not purchase any season tickets in the first two months of the 2003-4 season.
Laydumb was FIRED!

When Isiah was hired.... as soon as the Marbury deal was completed the purchase of Knicks season tickets raised close to twice the amount of the Knicks previous season. Isiah did not bring WINS but he and Marbury did keep MSG population at an average of 19 thousand fans.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Actually signing a contract makes it the employers choice! DO you have a job? If your boss was a complete asshole and you hated him it still does not give you the right to refuse his/her requests.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
it states on espn, that Stephony is within days of being relieved of his non-duties and will FINALLY be waived in shame by MSG, it's staff, fans, interns, former coaches, current coaches, former team mates, current team mates, scalpers, pigeons and so on and so forth. Anyone for an online glass of champagne and a cuban with a sprinkle of buddha? Mind you, I will almost miss the opportunity to slander his lack of class.

Oh how I love to hate him.

Don't trip on your salary on the way out the door sunshine.

xx

lol woohoo!

Since every team Marbury has ever been on gets better after he leaves look for the Knicks to be contenders as soon as Marbury is gone!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Embarrassed? Marbury makes 21 Mil a year..if Dantoni want's him to clean the MSG bathrooms he should do it without question and with a smile. You clearly care more about an individual player than the Knicks...his refusal to play is indefensible...period!

What don't you get about team chemistry? We all agree Marbury puts up the best numbers but lacks a team spirit. Dantoni's system depends on chemistry and Marbury is too selfish and egotiscal to work well in that system. That said, his refusal to play only hurts the 7 other teamates that have to play extra minutes and get embarassed on the court because he is now trying to prove a point. Marbury is soon to be gone and good riddance!

Your forgettin one thing. Marbury is a very skilled point guard who was really lookin forward to playin this year. He worked out and lost weight over the summer, gettin into the best shape of his life. After reading the article in todays post, it shows that you and other haterburys are closed minded pricks who look at everything from a negative perspective. Theres too much bias coming from and other haterburys for your posts to have any validity. Im not gonna go too far in depth because its not worth my time. Its not worth trying to change the mind of someone whos closed minded. I respect the posters on here who have open minds.