We Have To Trade David Lee.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I've read the other day, that some teams are sceptical about trading for STAT because there was a report, that he might need another microfracture surgery in a year or two because the effect of this kind of surgery only lasts for 4-5 years. And you don't know, if he'll fully recover from the next one or become the next C-Webb. For a player depending that much on athletism it's a big risk to build on him for the franchise's future. Therefore I'd rather keep DLee for 8-10 Million $ and pair him with a player like Sheed or Kaman and try to draft Thabeet, or even better wait two years and get Horford.

If we get a shot blocking Center, then Lee's defense won't even be looked at anymore.

He needs help in the post and Jared Jeffries is not the answer.

Lee and a shot blocking center is the perfect combination, proving that we DONT HAVE TO trade Lee for anyone.

I think that solves it.
YOUR RIGHT.
but at what expense?
IMHO lee is gonna want his money.
we can't risk paying him the money he's gonna want
and expect to get better come summer 2010.
we are not gonna get better if we pay him.
people keep saying trade curry, but who the hell besides zeke is gonna trade for him?
we are going to be stuck in perdition.
right in the ****ing middle.
not good enough to do shit in the playoffs,
not bad enough to get lucky and get a difference maker in the draft.

i prefer two players who play defense at the 4 and 5.

camby and chandler.

I am reading that NO is attempting to dump salary and are entertaining a Marion/Chandler swap. If that is the case we can certainly put together a better package with Marbury and still retain Lee.
this is why i mentioned t chandler.hornets have a problem paying, dolan doesn't.that's the good thing about that rich fool.
then right after that go after camby with harrington.
we can make the playoffs with those two.and scare the shit out of some team in the process.
preferablyboston.:cool:

I've read the other day, that some teams are sceptical about trading for STAT because there was a report, that he might need another microfracture surgery in a year or two because the effect of this kind of surgery only lasts for 4-5 years. And you don't know, if he'll fully recover from the next one or become the next C-Webb. For a player depending that much on athletism it's a big risk to build on him for the franchise's future. Therefore I'd rather keep DLee for 8-10 Million $ and pair him with a player like Sheed or Kaman and try to draft Thabeet, or even better wait two years and get Horford.
this is why i don't like the trade for STAT.
we've been thru this shit as knick fans plenty of times.
answer me this, why the hell would kerr trade his star player?
for A geezer LIKE nash?
are you kidding me?
clearly something is up here.
their has to be something more to the story.

Red

TYPE-A
Why so hostile?

Dlee is obviously not the best PF in the league so there are upgrade opportunities. I think my goal as other is to add to a player along side a future allstar PF. Lee is young and getting better each year. His stats vs Amare are comparable while playing 2 mins less a game. Amare commands the ball and set plays to put up his numbers while Lee is doing this all on hustle. The one play they do run, the pinck n roll so far seems unstopable since Lee can flat out finish with either hand.

Trading away Lee for Amare is only an incremental step better as oposed to adding Amare while retaing Lee and taking a giant step forward. We don't know what Lee will ask when his contract is up nor do we know if Amare will resign with us once his contract is up so at this point it is all speculation. We further don't know what other cap space relief we may have by 2010. My hope is to have Lee with either Bosh/Amare and LBJ/Wade. That lineup is a def a contender and something to go after.

Sorry for the "hostility".

While you admit there are upgrade opportunities you still don't support such upgrade w/ Amare. Why?

Lee's stats although "comparable" aren't better, hence the term UPGRADE. Why didn't you post the stats? If you had or looked it up or read this and other posts (which contain stats) you will notice not only is Amare better but, his accomplishments FAR outweigh Lee's especially his defense which is essentially why an upgrade is needed.

You brought up the Pick and Roll and described it as unstoppable as his biggest contribution yet failed to mention how again STAT runs the same play better and also can play D. Not to mention Lee is no real threat in the low post (where is presence is essential for a big man) and with compared to other PLAYOFF teams he is overmatched at his position. Again by your own measure STAT is better, why not support the trade idea?

Acquiring STAT for Lee is in your words incremental yet you fail to realize most changes are incremental and to expect more is just wishful thinking.

I agree STAT and Lee is better, and I admit I would rather trade Nate but I don't see PHX wanting N8 over Lee. They have Barbosa and Lee's asset to PHX comes from the fact his contract expires and he will resign for less than Amare but put up close numbers. His lack of D and low post presence will be offset by Shaq. Why not support the trade?

We don't know the exact cap space in 2010 you're correct but there is something we do know. We will be under the cap. We wanna make the playoffs this and next year and Lee/The Knicks will get abused by the elite bigs. Also Amare's contract will end giving us more options. Lee is a F/A and if commands more than allowable for our 2010 plan we will be stuck w/ neither .So the trade helps long and short term. Why no support?

The only logic I can think of his b/c you like Lee and don't want to. I haven't heard any other convincing arguments (if you will). :cool:

CoolClyde

Pay David Lee

the inflated numbers argument is horsecockybullshite. who else on the Knicks has inflated numbers? how inflated were Nash/Stats stats with No-D'Antoni? speaking of No-D'Ant, I blame him for the overall poor D and refusal to hire a defensive asst coach. the argument for trading David Lee because his defense sucks is weak as well, compared to his consistent offense and hustle, and what he means to this team in terms of fitting in, picknroll with Duhon, those amazing rebounds-outlet passes and DLEE DUNKS. He's one of the best players on the court any given day, how can you want to trade the guy for someone you don't even know will fit in? Aww, David Lee didn't block Brandon Roy's shot and now he should be traded... lame. PAY DAVID LEE!

the inflated numbers argument is horsecockybullshite. who else on the Knicks has inflated numbers? how inflated were Nash/Stats stats with No-D'Antoni? speaking of No-D'Ant, I blame him for the overall poor D and refusal to hire a defensive asst coach. the argument for trading David Lee because his defense sucks is weak as well, compared to his consistent offense and hustle, and what he means to this team in terms of fitting in, picknroll with Duhon, those amazing rebounds-outlet passes and DLEE DUNKS. He's one of the best players on the court any given day, how can you want to trade the guy for someone you don't even know will fit in? Aww, David Lee didn't block Brandon Roy's shot and now he should be traded... lame. PAY DAVID LEE!
no.the reasons for trading him are:
1.he's going to want more money than this franchise can give if they actually want to get better in the long run.
2.his d sucks.play and simple.
3.he is a chip this franchise can use if it wants to get better.
4.time is running out to do anything with him if they are not gonna pay him.

I'm a new york knicks fan.
I Am NOT A FAN BOY.
UNLIKE SOME OF YOU.

what I've posted I've posted in the belief that it will make this team better.
the fanboys problem is,this team has sucked for so long,
that any glimmer of good is magnified X10, because of the past disasters of this team.

Red

TYPE-A
_______√ictory_______;83797 said:
no.the reasons for trading him are:
1.he's going to want more money than this franchise can give if they actually want to get better in the long run.
2.his d sucks.play and simple.
3.he is a chip this franchise can use if it wants to get better.
4.time is running out to do anything with him if they are not gonna pay him.

I'm a new york knicks fan.
I Am NOT A FAN BOY.
UNLIKE SOME OF YOU.

what I've posted I've posted in the belief that it will make this team better.
the fanboys problem is,this team has sucked for so long,
that any glimmer of good is magnified X10, because of the past disasters of this team.

:aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause:
Thank You. Add N8, Harrington, Jeffries, Rose, Q Rich, Thomas, Duhon, Roberson, Curry to the list of EXPENDABLE PLAYERS

Red

TYPE-A
Forgive the long post

Amare Stoudemire, Suns
The Suns are the most talented mess in basketball. Some nights, they look like they can beat anyone. Other nights, they get outplayed by less-talented teams like the Knicks. A lot of this has to do with a general malaise that has overcome the team. The Suns loved playing for Mike D'Antoni and the freedom he gave them. Terry Porter? Not so much.
Last week, the Suns decided they need a change and began talking to teams about a potential Stoudemire trade. A number of teams are interested, and it looks like the price tag is a big expiring contract and several young assets (either players or draft picks). Stoudemire will become a free agent in 2010, which is holding teams back from offering the farm for him. But the signs all point to him being moved, sooner rather than later.

One thing my Suns source has made clear: They won't wait until the day of the deadline to make a deal. Once they get offered what they want, they'll pull the trigger.

Chance of trade: 80 percent

David Lee, Knicks
Lee has been fantastic this season in Mike D'Antoni's system. The problem is the Knicks can't afford to pay him this summer when he hits restricted free agency. So the team is trying to figure out a way to either move another big contract like Eddy Curry's or, at the very least, Jared Jeffries'. If they can't, they might have no choice but to move Lee.

But signing him to a deal worth $8 million a season could blow their chances of having enough room to lure LeBron James and someone else in 2010.

Chance of trade: 35 percent

Shaquille O'Neal, Suns
Stoudemire isn't the only Suns big on the block. Phoenix also is looking at potential Shaq trades. The goal with moving Shaq is to try to find a team willing to give up an expiring contract in return. If the Suns can make that happen, they can be much more discerning with what they take back for Stoudemire.

Of course, Shaq is a harder sell. Not many owners want to pay the $21 million owed to him next season. But with his strong play this season, someone might take a shot.

Chance of trade: 40 percent

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeWatchBigs-090210

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Stoudamire

Amare is not necessarily a free agent in 2010. He has a player option for $17.686M. If he is traded, he is going to want something comparable in any new contract. He will use up a lot of 2010 cap space and if we do not get rid of Curry, that could be a problem. I prefer Lee at $10M than Amare at $17M plus.

Also Lee might not be that easy to trade. He will be a free agent. He is not likely to sign with just anyone. He would want a New York type location, i.e., Miami, LA or perhaps Chicago.

If Lee is traded, perhaps it would be for a potential star not ready for free agency or the big bucks until after 2010. Michael Beasley, for example. But Beasley has not been as good as expected and his current salary is $3.5M while Lee's is $1.7M. How about Curry and Lee for Beasley and Blount?

smokes

Huge Member
Amare is not necessarily a free agent in 2010. He has a player option for $17.686M. If he is traded, he is going to want something comparable in any new contract. He will use up a lot of 2010 cap space and if we do not get rid of Curry, that could be a problem. I prefer Lee at $10M than Amare at $17M plus.

Also Lee might not be that easy to trade. He will be a free agent. He is not likely to sign with just anyone. He would want a New York type location, i.e., Miami, LA or perhaps Chicago.

If Lee is traded, perhaps it would be for a potential star not ready for free agency or the big bucks until after 2010. Michael Beasley, for example. But Beasley has not been as good as expected and his current salary is $3.5M while Lee's is $1.7M. How about Curry and Lee for Beasley and Blount?

I really doubt if Miami would trade Beasley, he's a sizeable rookie with nice scoring touch and decent defensive ability. Just because his numbers haven't been as high as expected I don't think they will trade him away, especially not for a sidegrade like Lee and a useless cheeseburgerhole.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well i think it's time for us to pull another one! And this time we have Donnie Walsh heading things up in the biggest basketball market in the world. I don't think any of those teams are likely to resign outside of lebron if he wins a ring. And even then i think he might have to atleast entertain coming to the Knicks.

What Super Star Player did Walsh get off the market his 20 years in Indiana....dont say J.O'Neal....he sat on Portland bench more than Jerome James is sitting on ours.
The only player u could mention is FA Mark Jackson....but that was coach Larry Brown call when hired.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks need to get a Defensive Coordinator on their coaching-staff before they get a drink of water. We have no decent defensive setup in our playbook for the 4th quarter.

This is the 2nd half of the season where 16 teams are making a playoff run....with Dantoni doing the samething as he did in Phoenix trying to outscore oponents....our roster is not built like the roster he had in Phoenix....even in the East where a losing team can make the playoffs in the 7th or 8th slot....we are not one of those 16 teams without any DEFENSE included in our 48 minute playbook plan...

clumsy

Rotation player
it looks like New Orleans is looking to dump salary and try to win now. I would do this trade in a heartbeat

Tyson Chandler for David Lee, Nate, Malik

or
Tyson Chandler + Rasual Butler for - Tim Thomas and Al Harrinton

I know it affects our '10 plan a lot cuz we can't get rid of curry, but i want a defensive center. I like option 2 much better. Also i still don't know what salaries DLee and Nate aer goign to command. As i know the 1st trade sounds very Isiah like. I also do want to tank the season at this point, i don't think they can make the playoffs after watching last nights atrocity.

clumsy

Rotation player
I'd rather have a legit center than a decent one in Lee. I'm actually not sure this is the best trade because Tyson is prone. I like Kaman too, and he is also cheaper but he is also prone.

I look at it like this...Would you rather have Tyson for 11mil or Lee and Nate for 15mil. Personally i'd rather have Tyson.

The 2nd plan would be to accelerate the growth of Gallinari assuming that his back is fine....Injuries on all ends makes these trades kinda tricky and almost seem not worth it.

TunerAddict

Starter
I really doubt if Miami would trade Beasley, he's a sizeable rookie with nice scoring touch and decent defensive ability. Just because his numbers haven't been as high as expected I don't think they will trade him away, especially not for a sidegrade like Lee and a useless cheeseburgerhole.

Also consider that Beasley is playing only like, 24 minutes a game compared to other rookies like Rose and Mayo who are in the 30s...

:teeth:

it looks like New Orleans is looking to dump salary and try to win now.
exactly.

I agree 100%

Have people on this site lost their minds!?

Let me ask this.......who on the knicks plays defense? Don't pin that problem fully on D-LEE.
LIKE I SAID BEFORE.
lee is gonna want more money than we can give him.
lee is one of the only chips people might want from this team.
he is a defensive liability.
some of you shouldn't be here.go start a d-lee site if all you give two shits about is d-lee.
I'm about the knicks.true story.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
_______√ictory_______;83942 said:
LIKE I SAID BEFORE.
lee is gonna want more money than we can give him.
lee is one of the only chips people might want from this team.
he is a defensive liability.
some of you shouldn't be here.go start a d-lee site if all you give two shits about is d-lee.
I'm about the knicks.true story.

All we need to do is move Curry or Jefferies by 2010 and we can keep Lee and sign two max contracts. I think Walsh can get it done if he throws a N8 or draft pick in. That would be ideal, think about a lineup of:

Duhon
Chandler (Gallinari or who ever)
LBJ
Lee
Bosh

Now that is a dynasty in the making!

All we need to do is move Curry or Jefferies by 2010 and we can keep Lee and sign two max contracts. I think Walsh can get it done if he throws a N8 or draft pick in. That would be ideal, think about a lineup of:

Duhon
Chandler (Gallinari or who ever)
LBJ
Lee
Bosh

Now that is a dynasty in the making!
trill,
lee is a free agent THIS year.
nobody wants curry.
nobody.
we are stuck with him till NEXT year, IF he actually shows he can play.
and even then, its not a given people are gonna want him and jeffries.
people need to understand that.
lee is one of the few chips on this team that people want.

its easy to say, get rid of curry and jeefires.ok, to who and where for what?
I'd even trade duhon next year if anybody was willing to take curry off of our hands.

dave2138

Rotation player
_______√ictory_______;83958 said:
trill,
lee is a free agent THIS year.
nobody wants curry.
nobody.
we are stuck with him till NEXT year, IF he actually shows he can play.
and even then, its not a given people are gonna want him and jeffries.
people need to understand that.
lee is one of the few chips on this team that people want.

its easy to say, get rid of curry and jeefires.ok, to who and where for what?
I'd even trade duhon next year if anybody was willing to take curry off of our hands.

I don't really agree that no team will want Curry. If Curry and Jefferies were FA after this season, they would be a lot easier to trade I think..for actual value too. Both could probably land a player like Jermaine O'Neal or Antwan Jamison because of their expiring contracts. So if you get a team with cap space like an Oklahoma City to take on the burden of having Curry-Jefferies on their team for 1 year. Then next off-season they put themselves in a very good position with 2 expiring contracts worth roughly 17 mil.

The only question is what incentive do you give them? Personally, I'd rather swap 1st round picks and get the Denver or SA pick than give up Lee or Robinson.