We Have To Trade David Lee.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't really agree that no team will want Curry. If Curry and Jefferies were FA after this season, they would be a lot easier to trade I think..for actual value too. Both could probably land a player like Jermaine O'Neal or Antwan Jamison because of their expiring contracts. So if you get a team with cap space like an Oklahoma City to take on the burden of having Curry-Jefferies on their team for 1 year. Then next off-season they put themselves in a very good position with 2 expiring contracts worth roughly 17 mil.

The only question is what incentive do you give them? Personally, I'd rather swap 1st round picks and get the Denver or SA pick than give up Lee or Robinson.

But their contracts DON'T run out this season... So what on earth is your point? Curry hasn't run on his leg all year, he is "hoping" to start running next week in training, it is IMPOSSIBLE to trade him without giving up something meaningful ie Lee/Nate.

Not only Lee, but Nate too is off the books next year. We have one week to get anything of value out of them, after that our only opportunities to deal our shitty contracts is with picks/Chandler/Gallo, none of which we should give up easily.

Chandler = 3 years of cheap contract, exciting player who could turn into something good, if we're lucky.

Gallo, well theres been enough discussion about him recently, but yeah, he's promising.

Picks = one of our few chances to get what we desperately need, a good big man. Also if our record continues the way it has lately, we are looking at a juicy pick.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
_______√ictory_______;83958 said:
trill,
lee is a free agent THIS year.
nobody wants curry.
nobody.
we are stuck with him till NEXT year, IF he actually shows he can play.
and even then, its not a given people are gonna want him and jeffries.
people need to understand that.
lee is one of the few chips on this team that people want.

its easy to say, get rid of curry and jeefires.ok, to who and where for what?
I'd even trade duhon next year if anybody was willing to take curry off of our hands.

I understand that Lee is a valuable trading piece. He is valuable because he is good! His value is exactly why we should keep him.

We are used to having to make trades to upgrade because our financial situation has been horrible. Walsh is on a path to fix that problem allowing us to finally sign a superstar or two!

Lee will aske for about 8 Million a year and I think he is worth that if not more. If Lee coninues to develop and piut these numbers up I guarnatee he will be an Allstar next year. If he continues to hit his jumper and free throws Lee will be a force in this league. He is the perfect player to compliment a superstar like LBJ or Wade.

As I mentioned we will have plenty of opportunity to dump Jeffries/Curry next year as their contracts become more attractive. Lets not forget how dominate Curry CAN be in the post. He has a rare talent and size, many teams will look to pick him up if they need low post scoring. All we need to do is get him healthy and playing, inflate his numbers in our system and some sucker will come along and take him off our hands.

I would be happy with a 2010 lineup of:

Point Foward: LBJ
SG: CHandler
SF: Gallinari
PF: Lee
C: Tyson Chandler (this guy is very attainable and would fit perfectly in our sytem and fill the defensive rebounding center we need)

Who says we need to sign two max players in 2010 to be domininant?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
But their contracts DON'T run out this season... So what on earth is your point? Curry hasn't run on his leg all year, he is "hoping" to start running next week in training, it is IMPOSSIBLE to trade him without giving up something meaningful ie Lee/Nate.

Not only Lee, but Nate too is off the books next year. We have one week to get anything of value out of them, after that our only opportunities to deal our shitty contracts is with picks/Chandler/Gallo, none of which we should give up easily.

Chandler = 3 years of cheap contract, exciting player who could turn into something good, if we're lucky.

Gallo, well theres been enough discussion about him recently, but yeah, he's promising.

Picks = one of our few chances to get what we desperately need, a good big man. Also if our record continues the way it has lately, we are looking at a juicy pick.

Isn't that exactly what we have with Lee? We had a cheap player who turned into something good! We need to keep him not trade him.

8-10$ Million a year for one of the best PF in the league is more than resonable. Look at his numbers and compare them to AMare. Tell me if you honestly think Amare's numbers are worth almost double what Lee is going to ask for. Not to mention that Lee brings the intangibles and makes his team better without commanding the ball or set plays.

<!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player -->
2772.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> David Lee #42 PF
<!-- comp --> ? Add Widget

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>16.4</td><td>11.8</td><td>0.3</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!--fantasyString={percentOwned=100.0, percentChange=0.0, draftRank=80.7, droppable=true}--> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 FANTASY STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>% OWN</td><td>WK +/-</td><td>AVG DRAFT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>100.0%</td><td>0.0%</td><td>80.7</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- end playerStatCont --> <!-- begin o --> <table class="metaData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Birth Date</td><td valign="top">April 29, 1983</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Birth Place</td><td valign="top">St. Louis, MO</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Height</td><td valign="top">6-9</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Weight</td><td valign="top">240 lbs.</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Age</td><td valign="top">25</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Position</td><td valign="top">PF</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Experience</td><td valign="top">3 years</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">College</td><td valign="top">Florida</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Drafted</td><td valign="top">2005: 1st Rnd, 30th by NYK</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Salary</td><td valign="top">2009: $1,788,033</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end o -->
<!-- end player --> <!-- begin status info --> Next Game:
Spurs at Knicks
Tuesday 2/17, 7:30 PM ET

Status Alert:
<!-- status chars 124 --> <script language="javascript"> function getSDHpos() { var theElement = document.getElementById('shortSDH'); if (theElement) { var positionX = 0; var positionY = 0; while (theElement != null) { positionX += theElement.offsetLeft; positionY += theElement.offsetTop; theElement = theElement.offsetParent; } if (positionX && positionY) { showSDH(positionX, positionY); } } } function showSDH(x,y) { if (x != null && y != null) { var holder; holder = document.getElementById('longSDH'); if (holder) { holder.style.visibility = 'visible'; holder.style.position = 'absolute'; holder.style.cursor = 'pointer'; holder.style.left = x+'px'; holder.style.top = y+'px'; holder.style.border = "1px solid #CCCCCC"; holder.style.padding = "10px"; //alert(x+' '+y); } } } function hideSDH(e) { if (e) { e.style.visibility = 'hidden'; } } </script>Lee erupted for 27 points, 11 rebounds and four assists during the... (+)
Lee erupted for 27 points, 11 rebounds and four assists during the Knicks' 144-127 loss to the Warriors on Tuesday. (Feb 10)

<!-- end status info --> <!-- begin buttons --> ProfileStatsSplitsGame LogNewsHollingerPhotos

<!-- end buttons --> <!-- begin gp-body --> <!-- begin content --> <table class="tablehead" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 Statistics</td><td colspan="2" align="center">FG</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">3PT</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">FT</td> <td colspan="3" align="center">Rebounds</td> <td colspan="6" align="center">Misc</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left"> </td> <td>G</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>FGM-A</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3PM-A</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>FTM-A</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>TOT</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>AST</td> <td>PTS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Season</td><td>52</td><td>35.5</td><td>342-606</td><td>.564</td><td>0-1</td><td>.000</td><td>171-220</td><td>.777</td><td>3.2</td><td>8.6</td><td>11.8</td><td>.88</td><td>.29</td><td>2.13</td><td>3.27</td><td>2.0</td><td>16.4</td></tr></tbody></table>

1727.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Amare Stoudemire #1 PF
<!-- comp --> ? Add Widget

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>21</td><td>8.1</td><td>1.1</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!--fantasyString={percentOwned=100.0, percentChange=0.0, draftRank=3.7, droppable=false}--> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 FANTASY STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>% OWN</td><td>WK +/-</td><td>AVG DRAFT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>100.0%</td><td>0.0%</td><td>3.7</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- end playerStatCont --> <!-- begin o --> <table class="metaData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Birth Date</td><td valign="top">November 16, 1982</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Birth Place</td><td valign="top">Lake Wales, FL</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Height</td><td valign="top">6-10</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Weight</td><td valign="top">249 lbs.</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Age</td><td valign="top">26</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Pronounced</td><td valign="top">Ah-MAHR-ee STAH-duh-mire</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Position</td><td valign="top">PF</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Experience</td><td valign="top">6 years</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Drafted</td><td valign="top">2002: 1st Rnd, 9th by PHO</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Salary</td><td valign="top">2009: $15,070,550</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end o -->
Clippers at Suns
Tuesday 2/17, 9:00 PM ET

Status Alert:
<!-- status chars 148 --> <script language="javascript"> function getSDHpos() { var theElement = document.getElementById('shortSDH'); if (theElement) { var positionX = 0; var positionY = 0; while (theElement != null) { positionX += theElement.offsetLeft; positionY += theElement.offsetTop; theElement = theElement.offsetParent; } if (positionX && positionY) { showSDH(positionX, positionY); } } } function showSDH(x,y) { if (x != null && y != null) { var holder; holder = document.getElementById('longSDH'); if (holder) { holder.style.visibility = 'visible'; holder.style.position = 'absolute'; holder.style.cursor = 'pointer'; holder.style.left = x+'px'; holder.style.top = y+'px'; holder.style.border = "1px solid #CCCCCC"; holder.style.padding = "10px"; //alert(x+' '+y); } } } function hideSDH(e) { if (e) { e.style.visibility = 'hidden'; } } </script>In light of the Suns' struggles of late, the Suns' top brass appear... (+)
In light of the Suns' struggles of late, the Suns' top brass appear more open to a deal involving Stoudemire, the Arizona Republic reports. (Feb 8)

<!-- end status info --> <!-- begin buttons --> ProfileStatsSplitsGame LogNewsHollingerPhotos

<!-- end buttons --> <!-- begin gp-body --> <!-- begin content --> <table class="tablehead" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 Statistics</td><td colspan="2" align="center">FG</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">3PT</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">FT</td> <td colspan="3" align="center">Rebounds</td> <td colspan="6" align="center">Misc</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left"> </td> <td>G</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>FGM-A</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3PM-A</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>FTM-A</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>TOT</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>AST</td> <td>PTS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Season</td><td>51</td><td>37.1</td><td>380-717</td><td>.530</td><td>3-7</td><td>.429</td><td>306-367</td><td>.834</td><td>2.1</td><td>6.0</td><td>8.1</td><td>.96</td><td>1.12</td><td>2.90</td><td>3.08</td><td>2.0</td><td>21.0</td></tr></tbody></table>

dave2138

Rotation player

My point is that if you trade them to a team now and give them some incentive like the 1st round pick, Lee or Robinson then that team may take it and NEXT off season be in the position to trade the 17 mil worth of expiring contracts for a player with real value signed long term. I'd rather swap 1st round picks with OK, I think its a fair balance because giving Lee or Robinson IMO is too much to just get rid of bad contracts..swapping 1st round picks is a happy medium.

The reason why the Knicks won't do this themselves is because they are set on improving through FA where they can attract FA based on playing in NY and having money..a team like OKla doesn't have that advantage. I don't see why any FA would sign with them unless they seriously overpay.

smokes

Huge Member
My point is that if you trade them to a team now and give them some incentive like the 1st round pick, Lee or Robinson then that team may take it and NEXT off season be in the position to trade the 17 mil worth of expiring contracts for a player with real value signed long term. I'd rather swap 1st round picks with OK, I think its a fair balance because giving Lee or Robinson IMO is too much to just get rid of bad contracts..swapping 1st round picks is a happy medium.

The reason why the Knicks won't do this themselves is because they are set on improving through FA where they can attract FA based on playing in NY and having money..a team like OKla doesn't have that advantage. I don't see why any FA would sign with them unless they seriously overpay.

Um that would be fine, if theyre contracts ran out by then... They both have 3 years (including player options) left.

edit- I like the new trademachine link on http://www.espn.com/nba ... Lee, Stoudamire and VC on the pic :)

Last edited:

dave2138

Rotation player
Well more like 2 1/2 years now, and if there will be any trade it will come after this season ends..where both players will have only 2 years left.

Like I said, if the Knicks throw in a swap of 1st round picks with a team that has a late 20's draft pick to a team with cap room, a trade can happen hopefully.

I don't really agree that no team will want Curry. If Curry and Jefferies were FA after this season, they would be a lot easier to trade I think..for actual value too. Both could probably land a player like Jermaine O'Neal or Antwan Jamison because of their expiring contracts. So if you get a team with cap space like an Oklahoma City to take on the burden of having Curry-Jefferies on their team for 1 year. Then next off-season they put themselves in a very good position with 2 expiring contracts worth roughly 17 mil.

The only question is what incentive do you give them? Personally, I'd rather swap 1st round picks and get the Denver or SA pick than give up Lee or Robinson.
i would love to trade picks Oklahoma.but that aint happening.curry has done nothing for teams to be interested in him.we're stuck with him till at least next season.

EXACTLY.
I understand that Lee is a valuable trading piece. He is valuable because he is good! His value is exactly why we should keep him.

We are used to having to make trades to upgrade because our financial situation has been horrible. Walsh is on a path to fix that problem allowing us to finally sign a superstar or two!

Lee will aske for about 8 Million a year and I think he is worth that if not more. If Lee coninues to develop and piut these numbers up I guarnatee he will be an Allstar next year. If he continues to hit his jumper and free throws Lee will be a force in this league. He is the perfect player to compliment a superstar like LBJ or Wade.

As I mentioned we will have plenty of opportunity to dump Jeffries/Curry next year as their contracts become more attractive. Lets not forget how dominate Curry CAN be in the post. He has a rare talent and size, many teams will look to pick him up if they need low post scoring. All we need to do is get him healthy and playing, inflate his numbers in our system and some sucker will come along and take him off our hands.

I would be happy with a 2010 lineup of:

Point Foward: LBJ
SG: CHandler
SF: Gallinari
PF: Lee
C: Tyson Chandler (this guy is very attainable and would fit perfectly in our sytem and fill the defensive rebounding center we need)

Who says we need to sign two max players in 2010 to be domininant?
i just don't see him asking for 8.

Isn't that exactly what we have with Lee? We had a cheap player who turned into something good! We need to keep him not trade him.

8-10$ Million a year for one of the best PF in the league is more than resonable. Look at his numbers and compare them to AMare. Tell me if you honestly think Amare's numbers are worth almost double what Lee is going to ask for. Not to mention that Lee brings the intangibles and makes his team better without commanding the ball or set plays.

2772.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> David Lee #42 PF
<!-- comp --> » Add Widget

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>16.4</td><td>11.8</td><td>0.3</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!--fantasyString={percentOwned=100.0, percentChange=0.0, draftRank=80.7, droppable=true}--> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 FANTASY STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>% OWN</td><td>WK +/-</td><td>AVG DRAFT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>100.0%</td><td>0.0%</td><td>80.7</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- end playerStatCont --> <!-- begin o --> <table class="metaData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Birth Date</td><td valign="top">April 29, 1983</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Birth Place</td><td valign="top">St. Louis, MO</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Height</td><td valign="top">6-9</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Weight</td><td valign="top">240 lbs.</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Age</td><td valign="top">25</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Position</td><td valign="top">PF</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Experience</td><td valign="top">3 years</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">College</td><td valign="top">Florida</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Drafted</td><td valign="top">2005: 1st Rnd, 30th by NYK</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Salary</td><td valign="top">2009: $1,788,033</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end o -->
Spurs at Knicks
Tuesday 2/17, 7:30 PM ET

Status Alert:
<!-- status chars 124 --> <script language="javascript"> function getSDHpos() { var theElement = document.getElementById('shortSDH'); if (theElement) { var positionX = 0; var positionY = 0; while (theElement != null) { positionX += theElement.offsetLeft; positionY += theElement.offsetTop; theElement = theElement.offsetParent; } if (positionX && positionY) { showSDH(positionX, positionY); } } } function showSDH(x,y) { if (x != null && y != null) { var holder; holder = document.getElementById('longSDH'); if (holder) { holder.style.visibility = 'visible'; holder.style.position = 'absolute'; holder.style.cursor = 'pointer'; holder.style.left = x+'px'; holder.style.top = y+'px'; holder.style.border = "1px solid #CCCCCC"; holder.style.padding = "10px"; //alert(x+' '+y); } } } function hideSDH(e) { if (e) { e.style.visibility = 'hidden'; } } </script>Lee erupted for 27 points, 11 rebounds and four assists during the... (+)
Lee erupted for 27 points, 11 rebounds and four assists during the Knicks' 144-127 loss to the Warriors on Tuesday. (Feb 10)

<!-- end buttons --> <!-- begin gp-body --> <!-- begin content --> <table class="tablehead" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 Statistics</td><td colspan="2" align="center">FG</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">3PT</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">FT</td> <td colspan="3" align="center">Rebounds</td> <td colspan="6" align="center">Misc</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left"> </td> <td>G</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>FGM-A</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3PM-A</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>FTM-A</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>TOT</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>AST</td> <td>PTS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Season</td><td>52</td><td>35.5</td><td>342-606</td><td>.564</td><td>0-1</td><td>.000</td><td>171-220</td><td>.777</td><td>3.2</td><td>8.6</td><td>11.8</td><td>.88</td><td>.29</td><td>2.13</td><td>3.27</td><td>2.0</td><td>16.4</td></tr></tbody></table>

1727.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Amare Stoudemire #1 PF
<!-- comp --> » Add Widget

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>21</td><td>8.1</td><td>1.1</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!--fantasyString={percentOwned=100.0, percentChange=0.0, draftRank=3.7, droppable=false}--> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 FANTASY STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>% OWN</td><td>WK +/-</td><td>AVG DRAFT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>100.0%</td><td>0.0%</td><td>3.7</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- end playerStatCont --> <!-- begin o --> <table class="metaData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Birth Date</td><td valign="top">November 16, 1982</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Birth Place</td><td valign="top">Lake Wales, FL</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Height</td><td valign="top">6-10</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Weight</td><td valign="top">249 lbs.</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Age</td><td valign="top">26</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Pronounced</td><td valign="top">Ah-MAHR-ee STAH-duh-mire</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Position</td><td valign="top">PF</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Experience</td><td valign="top">6 years</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Drafted</td><td valign="top">2002: 1st Rnd, 9th by PHO</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Salary</td><td valign="top">2009: $15,070,550</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end o -->
Clippers at Suns
Tuesday 2/17, 9:00 PM ET

Status Alert:
<!-- status chars 148 --> <script language="javascript"> function getSDHpos() { var theElement = document.getElementById('shortSDH'); if (theElement) { var positionX = 0; var positionY = 0; while (theElement != null) { positionX += theElement.offsetLeft; positionY += theElement.offsetTop; theElement = theElement.offsetParent; } if (positionX && positionY) { showSDH(positionX, positionY); } } } function showSDH(x,y) { if (x != null && y != null) { var holder; holder = document.getElementById('longSDH'); if (holder) { holder.style.visibility = 'visible'; holder.style.position = 'absolute'; holder.style.cursor = 'pointer'; holder.style.left = x+'px'; holder.style.top = y+'px'; holder.style.border = "1px solid #CCCCCC"; holder.style.padding = "10px"; //alert(x+' '+y); } } } function hideSDH(e) { if (e) { e.style.visibility = 'hidden'; } } </script>In light of the Suns' struggles of late, the Suns' top brass appear... (+)
In light of the Suns' struggles of late, the Suns' top brass appear more open to a deal involving Stoudemire, the Arizona Republic reports. (Feb 8)

<!-- end buttons --> <!-- begin gp-body --> <!-- begin content --> <table class="tablehead" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="3">2008-09 Statistics</td><td colspan="2" align="center">FG</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">3PT</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">FT</td> <td colspan="3" align="center">Rebounds</td> <td colspan="6" align="center">Misc</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left"> </td> <td>G</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>FGM-A</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3PM-A</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>FTM-A</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>TOT</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>AST</td> <td>PTS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Season</td><td>51</td><td>37.1</td><td>380-717</td><td>.530</td><td>3-7</td><td>.429</td><td>306-367</td><td>.834</td><td>2.1</td><td>6.0</td><td>8.1</td><td>.96</td><td>1.12</td><td>2.90</td><td>3.08</td><td>2.0</td><td>21.0</td></tr></tbody></table>

dave you make a nice argument, but oklahoma is not passing up the possiblity of drafting hometown kid blake griffin.
no way.

dave2138

Rotation player
oh nah my fault, I meant 1 of the 2 picks that they received from Denver and San Antonio this year. So they may want to upgrade from the say #25 pick(Denver) to #12 pick(New York) with the cost of taking on the salaries of Curry + Jefferies for 1-2 seasons.

The thinking is they would still be under the cap with Curry + Jefferies..get 2 lottery picks to add to an already strong core in Durant, Green, Westbrook. Then in summer 2010 off season they can offer up trades of 2 expiring contracts Curry + Jefferies for a long term contract with talent..Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas possibly.

dave2138

Rotation player
This is just a random idea..there has never been rumors on this. I'm just thinking of ways where we can trade our 1st round pick under the rules of not going 2 straight years without a 1st round pick and still get rid of Curry + Jefferies.

I look at Oklahoma as the only team where this idea can work out.

smokes

Huge Member

Yes it is what we have with Lee, until this offseason. But we aren't going anywhere this season without trades, let's be honest about that. It's all about the future if we don't trade. Lee is definately a good player to have here for the future, but at what price?

Also I didn't say we shouldn't trade Chandler or Gallo or picks, but those 3 assets are more valuable long term than Lee or Nate (since they have a guaranteed long term impact here). Just if we are going to trade them, we have to get something very worthwhile in return in salary relief or quality players.

Remember that Lee for Stoudamire cannot be done straight up. If it happens it will mean losing Marbury and getting someone that will actually play for us in return. When we have 7-8 men available for a game that's definately an incentive for me.

Red

TYPE-A
Reports state Portland interested in D Lee and possibly Curry or Jeffries for Lafraenz (hurt- expiring contract). Not sure how real this is but hey... I'll post link in a few