2010 Plan B

iSaYughh

Starter
I agree in principle with Plan 2011, even though it has its many faults. But this really underscores...yet again...just how vital Plan 2010 really is.

And, above all else, how vital it is that we do ALL we can to make The Plan a success.

Yet we haven't, and in fact have done (or not done...) everything in our power to make Plan 2010 as gimp as an obese paraplegic.

ANU, we could get a lot for Lee....his value to a contending team could be *ENORMOUS*. And by a lot, I mean we might even be able to dump Curry. Lee + Douglas...hell, Lee + a 1st to dump Curry. Possibilities exist.

Jeffries + Harrington/N8 and a 2nd round and/or Douglas, too.

Chandler + future 1st for Devin Harris.

That is how you execute Plan 2010.

C Hill
PF Bosh
SF Gallo
SG Lebron
PG Harris

Perfect? No. The best now, next year, the year after, the year after....Yes.

ANU

Starter
gallinari:early lotto pick as high as 2, depending on the team and the player that he's getting shipped along with is.main chip in a major trade for a star player.the latter being redundant for us.as much as i like this dude, if it gets us that first pick back,I'm dealing em.

lee:mid lottery pick(7 and beyond) if he wasn't a free agent,probably the end of the lotto because he is.maybe another free agent at his or near his level when other moving pieces are involved.if gallinari got dealt, i'm dealing him too.

chandler:late lotto pick-mid first round.probably an underwhelming young player with a higher upside.like javale mcgee.

hill:late lotto pick or another young player that has yet to break out.someone like batum or Fernandez.

harrington:at this point, probably an underwhelming pick like james johnson from the bulls, or a late 1st pick(like celtics or lakers type pick)i'd take james from the bulls as long as this dude is far away.

nate:underwhelming young player late first.

douglas:he would be a very underrated trade chip because he's not flashy.his his defense and ability to be a scoring guard make him more valuable to us than to others.i'd keep him to supplant the role of nate when nate is gone.

so in essence, outgoing from ny-lee, gallo, chandler, harrington, hill, and nate
our 1st pick back, batum, and mcgee.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
ANU, we could get a lot for Lee....his value to a contending team could be *ENORMOUS*. And by a lot, I mean we might even be able to dump Curry. Lee + Douglas...hell, Lee + a 1st to dump Curry. Possibilities exist.

C Hill
PF Bosh
SF Gallo
SG Lebron
PG Harris

this i can agree with to some extent, but i don't see us being able to dump curry with lee.maybe gallinari, but definitely not lee.i think an also ran team like the bulls would be a really good fit for lee.i think he'd except that deal.i'd take there first and james johnson(even if he sucks now, he's young and you can still pawn him off on someone)

i don't see gallo as a sf.its just a bad fit.he's to the sf position what lee is to center.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I agree in principle with Plan 2011, even though it has its many faults. But this really underscores...yet again...just how vital Plan 2010 really is.

And, above all else, how vital it is that we do ALL we can to make The Plan a success.

Yet we haven't, and in fact have done (or not done...) everything in our power to make Plan 2010 as gimp as an obese paraplegic.

C Hill
PF Bosh
SF Gallo
SG Lebron
PG Harris

Agreed. If we're going with the 2010 plan, then go all out. Dump salary and rebuild in the summer. Otherwise scrap the 2010 plan and trade all of our expiring contracts for good players and rebuild now.

This "middle of the road" crap where we don't want to give up something to move salary, yet want to make the playoffs, yet won't trade for players beyond 2010 is going to lead to us getting nothing. Curry and Jeffries can be moved if the price is right.

And the 2011 plan really isn't a plan at all. It's doing nothing and waiting another year and hoping (and still sucking) after failing to accomplish anything in 2010.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I feel the same way. If Donnie calls it, then he's gotta run it. So far this year we haven't run shit. And the playoff race is slipping away, as the Jazz' pick keeps climbing the rungs.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
2011? Are you serious? July 1st, 2010 can't come soon enough when we have 27 million in cap space to sign a top tier player. If we don't sign anybody next season I will be shocked and furious knowing that players like Lee and Harrington will be here to stay. I want us to unload everyone except for Gallinari and Hill.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
i don't think anyway is safe.not even gallo.any deal that gives us a shot at getting better is worth making imo.
Agreed. Gallo has the tools to be a great player in this league. Possibly even an all-star. I loved when the Knicks drafted him. However, if we can get something substantial in return im all for dealing him. Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Agreed. Gallo has the tools to be a great player in this league. Possibly even an all-star. I loved when the Knicks drafted him. However, if we can get something substantial in return im all for dealing him. Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Substancial? By substantial I'm assuming you mean better. I've said before that I would trade Gallo given the chance, but considering his skill set and salary, it'd have to be a ****ing GREAT trade.