Playoff Thread

knicksin60

Starter
The Nuggets and Mavericks are both one game away from being eliminated in the first round.And this couldn't happen to a better couple of teams, in my opinion.The idea of Mark Cuban watching his team win a championship has always upset me.It is funny how the Dallas Mavericks became favorites to win it all after they made that blockbuster trade with Washington.Haywood, Butler and Stevenson were supposedly the three horses that were going to get Dallas over but the Mavericks are living proof that winning 50 games during the regular season every year doesn't mean much these days.

CoolClyde

The Nuggets and Mavericks are both one game away from being eliminated in the first round.And this couldn't happen to a better couple of teams, in my opinion.The idea of Mark Cuban watching his team win a championship has always upset me.It is funny how the Dallas Mavericks became favorites to win it all after they made that blockbuster trade with Washington.Haywood, Butler and Stevenson were supposedly the three horses that were going to get Dallas over but the Mavericks are living proof that winning 50 games during the regular season every year doesn't mean much these days.

for some reason, it makes me very happy these 2 teams are on the verge of elimination. Nuggets are full of detestable pompous players, and Mavs have a detestable owner. Maybe Nuggets being wiped early will make Carmelo think more about leaving in 2011. Maybe Mavs being wiped early will get Cuban trading some more, and allow Haywood to leave (for Knicks?). Perhaps lack of Mavs team chemistry is to blame, as blockbuster trade went down not too long ago, Josh Howard was a huge part of that team's success... who knows, who cares, just lose...

jimkcchief88

All Star
for some reason, it makes me very happy these 2 teams are on the verge of elimination. Nuggets are full of detestable pompous players, and Mavs have a detestable owner. Maybe Nuggets being wiped early will make Carmelo think more about leaving in 2011. Maybe Mavs being wiped early will get Cuban trading some more, and allow Haywood to leave (for Knicks?). Perhaps lack of Mavs team chemistry is to blame, as blockbuster trade went down not too long ago, Josh Howard was a huge part of that team's success... who knows, who cares, just lose...

I hope you are right about Melo in Denver. I feel bad for them because of the George Karl situation. Maybe its a jinx because of that freaky Nike commercial with Melo's head floating in the air and "sponsered" by the Melo supporters of UTAH. Anybody else seen that freaky thing???

jimkcchief88

All Star
Most of those 29 points came in the 4th quarter.
Mr. Unmentionable highlights was the best shooter I seen in the NBA all season, u could not give him a inch of open space without him draining a 2 or 3 on u.
Durant was one of the "Top-3" players in the league u had to bumb and foul to make him miss a shot.

Plus Durant has a PG-Westbrook that has "Game on top of Game", one minute he reminds u of D.Rose then the next minute he reminds u of Rondo.
When this one poster mention that about Westbrook early in the season I paid no attention to it b/c I only seen a couple of the OKC games, but during this series with the Lakers......Westbrook is the MAN!
Derick Fisher is one of the best playoff experience PG in the league.
u have to be an outstanding PG to out play Derrick Fisher in a series.
And so far Westbrook is doing his thang.

How can someone HATE on a player (Durant) and his team (Thunders) when last year this time this same player and team were a 23 win season team???
Haters are becoming a large addiction like crack.

It looks like:
The increase or decrease of the 2010-11 season Salary-Cap due to be announced this summer is playing a big part of the" First Round Playoff ratings". mo mo $$$ money.
No SWEEPS in the 2010 first round.....mo-money mo-money mo-$$$

The Bulls, Bucks, and Heat were teams that supposed to get broom SWEPT
or vacumed to the fishing lake in 4 games.

This is one of the reason why getting knocked out of the playoffs in 5-games I consider it a SWEEP..... for instance:
In game 4 of Boston vs Miami, the Celtics shot 16-27 from the foul-line which is just a little unusual for a 75% FT team, but when all 11 miss-shots were in the 4th quarter from 80% FT players......leads to an unusual coincidence ???

I can't understand the hating on "Mr Unmentionable" either. Its amazing to see a star being born. And the kid has his head together as well. "Mr. Unmentionable" didn't give a list of teams to draft him or else, just went to work in the smallest market in the NBA and has his squad even up with the World Champs. Tough to hate on that work ethic.

The East is pretty much going to form, but the West is a cluster. The Lakers, Nuggets, and Suns are all in TROUBLE. I don't think much separated 1-8 seeds in the West. And the NBA is smart for getting rid of the short series, otherwise the Heat would have been done and we would have missed that 44 point show "Flash" put on yesterday. Can D-Wade come to the KNICKS???? PLEASE???

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Durant is quickly becoming the Bobby Crosby of the NBA.

The entire team reminds me of Crosby's actually. I hate them.

Mainly envy and bewilderment over just how
many TOPCHOICE lotto picks they get and how they've turned out.

Nothing worse than being unskilled and unlucky. I.e this past draft. I.e almost every knick draft of the past half decade+.

The Hill > B-Jen selection will be Isiah-esque in bluntforce trauma
if Walsh can't make it rain this OS.

Deep breathes. Deep breathes.

You hate the Thunder? Man whats wrong with you lol? Did you see and feel the electricity in that building against LA? It was something special. Can't wait till MSG gets to show off our excitement when we someday (hopefully soon lol) make the playoffs.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Scotty Brooks switches Durant up on Kobe sometimes. Phil won't do the same because Durant would get Kobe in all kinds of foul trouble. As for getting to the line, that's what "stars" do. If Gallo would do the same his average would go up at least 5 points a game and he wouldn't have those bad games. I hope the "cock" is watching this show Durant is putting on and saying " I can do that." You can't just camp out at the 3 point line. Post ups and drives get you easier buckets and put pressure on the opposing defense causing trips to the line.

Lol your bringing Gallo into a playoff thread? Don't worry Gallo's in Italy and he finally has an offseason to just concentrate on BASKETBALL not just healing up his back (he said a quote like this near the end of the season). Gallo is going to be hated around the league next year, I'm telling you. He is going to get to the free throw line a lot. He sells a lot of fouls, and he gets fouled a lot when he puts the ball on the basket. The same way we are bitching about Durant, other team's fans are going to be bitching about Gallo. He's going to get his name out for the whole world to know. I'm hoping he adds a semi-post game. He showed glimpses in the season but he never used it consistently. Adding that to his arsenal would be ideal.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
With the exception of the Bobcats vanishing, this has been a good playoff so far. The west especially, considering the Lakers were the only 'guaranteed' advancement.
The Heat had a great game Sunday behind the D-Wade show and a lot of Boston miscues, and the Buck's just knotted their series up.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lol your bringing Gallo into a playoff thread? Don't worry Gallo's in Italy and he finally has an offseason to just concentrate on BASKETBALL not just healing up his back (he said a quote like this near the end of the season). Gallo is going to be hated around the league next year, I'm telling you. He is going to get to the free throw line a lot. He sells a lot of fouls, and he gets fouled a lot when he puts the ball on the basket. The same way we are bitching about Durant, other team's fans are going to be bitching about Gallo. He's going to get his name out for the whole world to know. I'm hoping he adds a semi-post game. He showed glimpses in the season but he never used it consistently. Adding that to his arsenal would be ideal.

Now thats FUNNY! :smokin:
I never believed one bit of the "Back" injury to a 19 year old Gallo, and it looked like none of his teammates believed it either. LOL
But if u say Gallo is going to be all-that next season I'm not going to doubt u, but he better be in Italy training 12 hours a day on how to dribble a basketball LOL. :smokin:
Dont ever put Gallo name in the same sentence with Durant concerning Basketball.
The winning regular season Mavs has proved again and again the Playoffs is just to tough for them to win.....Mavs has been and still is a 2nd round playoff team. Probably go 7 games with Spurs....probably.
No playoff strategy coach Karl knew his Denver Nuggets bumbed into the wrong team (Headcoach Sloans Utah Jazz) in the first round.
The Nuggets is sure missing Allan Iverson now whom speed was to fast for Deron Williams & Brewer to defend. LOL
I still Luv Billups but Deron Williams is eating him up without knives & forks.

Orlando Magic Headcoach Stan Van Gundy "SWEEPED" the Bobcats retired "team-quiting" headcoach Charlie Brown. Philly would be a FOOL to rehire Brown again.
Charlie Brown have to be the only HOF coach that disgust every player he coached (ABA, NCAA, NBA) to the point where all his players never want to be coached by him again. LOL

Will NBA Stern take it out on coach SVG for having a "SWEEP" in his 2010 playoffs???
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
With the exception of the Bobcats vanishing, this has been a good playoff so far. The west especially, considering the Lakers were the only 'guaranteed' advancement.
The Heat had a great game Sunday behind the D-Wade show and a lot of Boston miscues, and the Buck's just knotted their series up.

Your absolutely right, the Lakers & Cavs were and still is the "guaranteed-advance" team in the playoffs.
u can take alot away from the Cavs from their coach to players for one loss to the Bulls.....but
u cant take nothing away from the Championship Lakers when it comes to the Lakers losing two games in OKC by the mighty young Thunders.

The Thunders has been matching-up perfectly with every top contender team this season, plus has been the shock, suprise, exciting, and uplifting team in the NBA since their first game of the 2009-10 regular season (N.O. Hornets shouldve stayed in OKC....the reviving OKC-Fans).
I always thought the best young team (with young coach Jax) that ever did it in the NBA were the "Jordan, Pippin, and Oakley" Chicago Bulls.
But move over.... here come a young-crew of players with a young coach that took it to the next level in their first 65 games of the 2009-10 season with a 41-24 record (OKC Thunders).
The 41-24 record for a same-YOUNG-team that had a previous 23 win season is a very outstanding accomplishment.

Hypothetically.....the young Thunders vs the young Bulls in a series I would have to put my money on the Thunders to win in 5 games or less.

D.Wade (44 points) knows his Miami Heat team were supposed to be exposed to a "SWEEP" in the 4th game.

SG/PG-Joe Johnson is realizing his Atlanta Hawks team still is without a decent PG he and his teammates can depend-on in a playoff series.
Rookie PG-Brandon Jennings let Joe Johnson know for two games in a row who HOUSE he was in.....series tied 2-2

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I never believed one bit of the "Back" injury to a 19 year old Gallo, and it looked like none of his teammates believed it either. LOL
But if u say Gallo is going to be all-that next season I'm not going to doubt u, but he better be in Italy training 12 hours a day on how to dribble a basketball LOL. :smokin:
Dont ever put Gallo name in the same sentence with Durant concerning Basketball.
The winning regular season Mavs has proved again and again the Playoffs is just to tough for them to win.....Mavs has been and still is a 2nd round playoff team. Probably go 7 games with Spurs....probably.
No playoff strategy coach Karl knew his Denver Nuggets bumbed into the wrong team (Headcoach Sloans Utah Jazz) in the first round.
The Nuggets is sure missing Allan Iverson now whom speed was to fast for Deron Williams & Brewer to defend. LOL

Orlando Magic Headcoach Stan Van Gundy "SWEEPED" the Bobcats retired "team-quiting" headcoach Charlie Brown. Philly would be a FOOL to rehire Brown again.
Charlie Brown have to be the only HOF coach that disgust every player he coached (ABA, NCAA, NBA) to the point where all his players never want to be coached by him again. LOL

Will NBA Stern take it out on coach SVG for having a "SWEEP" in his 2010 playoffs???

Yea...it was all some Italian conspiracy to fake an injury and fake a surgery. :thumbsup: Do you honestly think before you type this nonsense? I mean really, did a 12 year old with depression hijack your account?

BTW the past tense of sweep is swept not sweeped. If you are going to go out of your way to change the font color you might want to use the correct word.

Kiyaman

Legend
u are real FUNNY

Yea...it was all some Italian conspiracy to fake an injury and fake a surgery. :thumbsup: Do you honestly think before you type this nonsense? I mean really, did a 12 year old with depression hijack your account?

BTW the past tense of sweep is swept not sweeped. If you are going to go out of your way to change the font color you might want to use the correct word.

ikn_peace.gif

Trillion....wake-up this is a decade in the millenium....proper correct spelling
rotf.gif
text it
LMAO.gif
to a caring MF
laugh.gif

Try buying a new car and the engine go out on u a week later and the dealer says it will be good as new after my mechanics repair it....
LMAO.gif
LMAO.gif
LMAO.gif
SUCKER!!!
Thats how Donnie Walsh felt about Gallo....
u better hope I'm right and Gallo didnt have surgery on his back at such an early age.

I dont have any account to BROKE I'm trying to get into the next 12 year ole piggy bank account LOL

iSaYughh

Starter

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Ya, it was all some big gay Italian conspiracy to the fake the injury, pay off a myriad of surgeons to perform fake back surgery in a hospital that was really a movie set comprised of a cheap plaster wall, all to jeopardize Gallo's fame and fortune because the our circus master, D'Ant, felt the true key to Knick success was getting the benches EXTRA warm so when we do acquire a Center the bench he rides will be extra-comfy!

That is honestly the most absurd, laughable, credibility-killing postulation I've ever seen on this forum. Something of this magnitude should be permanently branded onto your sig, not unlike a Scarlet Letter, so as to show the world s8 up how those gears really grind inside.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
As if asserting that a conspiracy transpired was enough to kill the little bit of credibility you still had, you go off even more by sayimg competency and grammar aren't important...no wonder your logic isnt clear...

You've gone off the deep end with this D'Antoni shit...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
ikn_peace.gif

Trillion....wake-up this is a decade in the millenium....proper correct spelling
rotf.gif
text it
LMAO.gif
to a caring MF
laugh.gif

Try buying a new car and the engine go out on u a week later and the dealer says it will be good as new after my mechanics repair it....
LMAO.gif
LMAO.gif
LMAO.gif
SUCKER!!!
Thats how Donnie Walsh felt about Gallo....
u better hope I'm right and Gallo didnt have surgery on his back at such an early age.

I dont have any account to BROKE I'm trying to get into the next 12 year ole piggy bank account LOL

If only there were a Crayola crayon font to accurately express the ramblings of a child...did you draft this on your mom's wall before posting it?

BTW, when you take the time to highlight, bold and change font colors then you can't pretend like grammar and spelling doesn't matter. Here's a hint...all those red wavy lines under 90% of the words you type should be a clue you are doing something wrong. Logic and rational thought may allude you with regards to the Knicks but certainly technology has come far enough to mask your inability to grasp the English language. Spellchecker is your friend...

KBlack25

Starter
More conspiracies Kiya cites without any proof/evidence.

First, the Suns threw games this year and purposely lost to help out D'Antoni.

Then, Gallo faked a back injury and had phantom surgery.

Next thing you know, LeBron killed Kennedy and D-Wade filmed the moon landing. Meanwhile Kevin Durant and coach Scott Brooks orchestrated 9-11 to assure that they would wind up in the playoffs against the Lakers.

And anyone who says grammar does not matter is basically saying: I never intend to even interview at a Fortune 500 company. I have resigned myself to mediocrity, at best.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Next thing you know, LeBron killed Kennedy and D-Wade filmed the moon landing. Meanwhile Kevin Durant and coach Scott Brooks orchestrated 9-11 to assure that they would wind up in the playoffs against the Lakers.

And anyone who says grammar does not matter is basically saying: I never intend to even interview at a Fortune 500 company. I have resigned myself to mediocrity, at best.

:teeth: This made me laugh.

knicksin60

Starter

Kenyon Martin is the most pompous player on the Nuggets and probably one of the top 5 in the NBA.I'm surprised that nobody has had the courage to punch him in the face, although T-mac came very close to doing it.

As for the Nuggets being one game from elimination, I really think George Karl had that team playing its best basketball but once his cancer situation broke out, it affected the chemistry of the entire team.When Karl was coaching them, they looked invincible and like a team that was ready to give the Lakers a challenge.Right now, they look like a team that would have struggled to make the playoffs.

iSaYughh

Starter
You hate the Thunder? Man whats wrong with you lol? Did you see and feel the electricity in that building against LA? It was something special. Can't wait till MSG gets to show off our excitement when we someday (hopefully soon lol) make the playoffs.

Lol ya. I don't really "hate" them like I do the Celdicks. Just venting my utmost ENVY for how beautiully they've been built and what a salivating roster they have. Same with Penguins in NHL, and Caps -- everything the rangers
coulda and shoulda been.

Thunder is everything the knicks coulda and wanted to be. Kills me seeing them with our franchise in it's current form.
I admire them more than any other team
in the leaue. Still envy them to pt of hate tho lol...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

Lol he faked the back injury? I mean that's so moronic to say I don't even know how to counter....

And I didn't say he'd be as good as Durant, I said he'll get to the line a lot, like Durant.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

LMAO. But it all does make sense. Dantoni and Walsh knew Gallo was just an awful player. So they draft him. To make us suck for the next decade. So then they pretend Gallo has a back injury so people think he has an excuse to suck. So Gallo gets a fake surgery. And a fake rehab. And he sits and watches the Knicks suck while his back is fine. All just to bring the Knicks down for the next decade. I mean we could have DJ Augustin, Eric Gordon, Jason Thompson, Joe Alexander. Those guys are just so much better than Gallo right?