Playoff Thread

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
u really are annoying now.....what the hell do u know about B-Ball? nothing!
Did u write Bonafide Stars!!!!! are u serious?
The Bulls and Bucks got a future super-star PG in D.Rose and Jennings carrying a team with some decent position players (Kobe, Wade, CP3, and Lebron had a winning weak team in their career).
The Bulls won 41 games two seasons in a row.
The Bucks won 34 games last season, and 46 wins this year off the strength of Jennings running the point.

:update:NYKuniversity.....u r a irritable person that deserves no-response
I only "deserve" no response because you refuse to answer what I just exploited.

YOUR HYPOCRISY.

And you so kindly exploited yourself by AGREEING WITH ME that the Bulls and Bucks have "future stars" (wait...seems to me like you're agreeing that these players can and will carry a team NOW and in the FUTURE). You're obviously retracting on your previous comments about the Knicks being better, and are instead focusing on my diction.

Putting a big yellow flashy "update" emblem next to the bullshit that you post doesn't turn your opinion to fact bud. In fact, you're probably smart in not responding because all you have to say in response is a bunch of unsupported opinionated playing time options that have nothing to do with the NBA playoffs....yet you complain about posters not staying on topic.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well, you can see what has happened to them after Bogut's injury. Although Jennigs had that 55 pts game, he is not the single most important reason they made the playoffs. He's a one piece of a puzzle.

I think everyone can agree Jennings is the biggest reason why the Bucks are much improved this year.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I think everyone can agree Jennings is the biggest reason why the Bucks are much improved this year.
I could agree with that because Jennings helped progress Andrew Bogut's development also. You really can't single out either player when talking about the Bucks' progress. It was definitely a testament to BOTH players meshing and helping each other develop. With Bogut out, that takes away half of what the Bucks built this season.

Blas

Benchwarmer
After last night, if I were D-wade I'd leave town and go to Chicago.

Chicago has rose and noah. Rose would be an excellent number 2, and Noah is a good bigman.

The heat? They can sign another star, but after that who do they have? Beasly? The kid has some serious attitude problems. Every time a vet on the team was trying to point out a mistake Beasly made he instantly back talked. The kid doesn't want to learn. Wade has to see this and be turned off.

Kiyaman

Legend
I could'nt wait for the 2nd game of all the teams

After the first two games of the Playoffs in the first-round

Lakers & OKC Lakers lead 2-0
Do not take anything away from OKC they have been amazing at showing they are a 50 win team in those 2 games in L.A..
Lastnight Ron Artest had his hands full for 40 minutes defending Durant.

Nuggets vs Jazz Tied series 1-1
With Okur & AK47 missing in action it still dont change things from my original opinion....Denver bumb into the wrong team in the first round.
Although I believe Denver have a better chance with coach Dantley than coach Karl.

Suns vs Blazers Tied series 1-1
The Blazers two experience playoff players (Camby & Miller) bought life to the team in the first game for a win over the Suns.
The 2nd game was entirely different the Suns erased all the Blazers happiness coming out hungry all 4 quarters of the 2nd game for a Suns 119-90 win.

Mavs vs Spurs Mavs lead 1-0
Tonight will be the night to see if the resigning of Ginobli inspired the Spurs team to take a game in Dallas.

Cavs vs Bulls Cavs lead 2-0
I havnt change my opinion of this series being a sweep.
Bulls, what happen to the dynamic "two" SG from lastseason playoffs?

Celtics vs Heat Celtics lead 2-0
What happen to the 6 to 7 game series I predicted?
The Heat pulled some crazy stuff in an already Celtics win in the first game getting KG suspended for the 2nd game.....
The Celtics team came out with an animosity attitude to blowout the Heat in the 2nd game. The Celtics didnt care about a D.Wade or Beasley they just wanted to show the Boston Fans they can turn-up the volume to over-Kill on a team like the Heat. Ray Allen and KG maybe getting old but their teammates have the highest RESPECT for the two.
Look like a SWEEP to me with KG going to Miami.

Hawks vs Bucks Hawks lead 2-0
I still havnt change my opinion on this series going 5-games.
Jennings & Ridnour will have to let the two added SG-Salmons and SG-Stackhouse win a game in Millaukie to prove they are winning PG.

Magic vs Bobcats Magic lead 1-0
Tonight Bobcat coach Charlie Brown has to show he is a HOF coach that still has his touch by going into overtime in Orlando.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I could agree with that because Jennings helped progress Andrew Bogut's development also. You really can't single out either player when talking about the Bucks' progress. It was definitely a testament to BOTH players meshing and helping each other develop. With Bogut out, that takes away half of what the Bucks built this season.

But that's it. A great PG is SUPPOSED to make his big man better. I was watching the either the Majic or Dallas last night and the TV guys were talking about the lost art of "feeding the post." Then I think back to all those Knicks games in years gone by that Hubie would draw out the correct 45 degree angle needed to properly feed the ball to the man in the middle. So both players helped accomplished more TOGETHER than they could have on their own. That's why basketball is a TEAM sport.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Don't look now the Bullies are on the board. Stuck at work so I missed the game, but I think the young Bulls have Lebron's attention now. Every Bulls win is punching Lebron's one way ticket outta Cleveland.

Kiyaman

Legend
Don't look now the Bullies are on the board. Stuck at work so I missed the game, but I think the young Bulls have Lebron's attention now. Every Bulls win is punching Lebron's one way ticket outta Cleveland.

I doubt it....I watched that game and wondered why coach Brown refuse to give JJ Hickson any playingtime. Noah wouldve had his handfulled keeping JJ Hickson off the glass and from slashing to the hoop.
Plus Parker keep showing the reason why the Raptors got rid of him....D.Rose and Hinrich ate him up alive
My hopes for the Cavs will go way down if they dont beat the Bulls the next two games by more than 11 points each game.

Now the Championship Lakers loss to OKC in OKC.....was ledgit fire-power from rookie Harden & 2nd season Westbrook setting Fires so that Durant can go "one on one" in the 2nd half.
I wouldve luv to see a playoff series of the quick-run-run Thunders vs Suns running game....that wouldve been an exciting 7 game series to watch.

Blas

Benchwarmer
One of the reasons the bulls were able to escape with a win was James took too long to take over the game. He won't let that happen again. As much as I hope the bulls beat the cavs (that puts a bad taste in my mouth saying that) Lebron is going to destroy them now. The bulls definitely got his attention.

Also there were two missed fouls calls, both would have benefited Lebron, which is amazing they were missed. The charge call on Lebron should have been a blocking on Deng, Deng was clearly moving. Noah had Lebron in a head lock during a 2nd free throw, which should have been called and Noah would have had to sit with 6 fouls.

For the lakers, they looked old down the stretch. Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Fisher all looked like they had molasses in their legs. This is almost like the Hawks vs. Celtics a couple of years back. The Hawks' athleticism was challenging the Celtics' age.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I doubt it....I watched that game and wondered why coach Brown refuse to give JJ Hickson any playingtime. Noah wouldve had his handfulled keeping JJ Hickson off the glass and from slashing to the hoop.
Plus Parker keep showing the reason why the Raptors got rid of him....D.Rose and Hinrich ate him up alive
My hopes for the Cavs will go way down if they dont beat the Bulls the next two games by more than 11 points each game.

Now the Championship Lakers loss to OKC in OKC.....was ledgit fire-power from rookie Harden & 2nd season Westbrook setting Fires so that Durant can go "one on one" in the 2nd half.
I wouldve luv to see a playoff series of the quick-run-run Thunders vs Suns running game....that wouldve been an exciting 7 game series to watch.

Don't forget "Mr. Unmentionable" dropping 29 and 19 boards while guarding Kobe Bryant.

As for D. Rose, 0 turnovers in the game last night. Tough to say that those top-tier FA would pass up a chance to play with Rose in a major market....

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
This Heat Celtics series just makes me think Wade doesn't care all that much about winning.... more of a 'if it happens it happens' mentality to him... he knows he's good, that it's 'his house', but he seems more relaxed and enjoying that Miami weather than winning a championship...def. not the type of fight / heart that some the other players have... which is why they'll be swept...given he needs a Shaq on the team, he can't do it alone, to win, just don't see it in him at all like you do in Kobe/James..

And a note about the Cavs game.... it seemed like as i was watching i was waiting for James to 'take over' - as it looked like he could have done at any time... it was as if he was just coasting, giving the ball up trying to get teammates involved, as they were down like 5, just waiting to go into 'James mode' when he really needed too.... but it didn't look like it ever came.. he could have taken the ball down each time and either got fouled or put up the shot, gone on a streak.. in those situations Kobe takes over, was interesting to see James not really do the same... given he is the 'make those around you better' player, still was waiting for it to come and didn't really get the sense of it before it was too late.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Don't forget "Mr. Unmentionable" dropping 29 and 19 boards while guarding Kobe Bryant.

As for D. Rose, 0 turnovers in the game last night. Tough to say that those top-tier FA would pass up a chance to play with Rose in a major market....
Unmentionable? Well the referees sure seem to know him, because he gets more calls than anyone!!! God damn.

Since does Durant guard Kobe? Artest guards Durant on defense also...so I wouldn't say "on Kobe"

Kiyaman

Legend
Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lakers vs Thunders Tied series 2-2
The Championship Lakers are bewildered with their 2nd loss in OKC.....the Lakers has become clueless about the 23 win season Thunders.
Who are the Super-Star players on the Thunders roster?
is it Durant? or Westbrook? or Green? or Harden? or Ibaka?
or is it "Headcoach of the year" Scott Brooks?

The young Thunder roster has "stepped it up" to the next level this regular season and now in the playoffs.....team-chemistry players like Kristic, Collison, Sefolosha, and Maynor has become more than just role-players in a series vs the Lakers top role-players.
u got to give credit where it is dooooo!

Phoenix vs Portlant Tied series 2-2
He's back! Brandon Roy is back and the confidence of the Blazers players are lifted and the teammates lockerroom diferences seemed solved in the 4th game of the series vs Phoenix. LaMarcus Aldridge showed just how much he missed his tandem homeboy Roy by finally stepping-up his game to out perform Amare in game 4 for the win.
Well, all the Knick-Fans that been making noise of us getting 6.6 SG-Rudy Fernandez should be dead after his lack of performance this regular season and his poor talent in the playoffs replacing Brandon Roy.
Webster & Bayless guard-play alongside of PG-Andre Miller got more of the team involved, but Brandon Roy presence stagnated the Suns Nash & Richardson.

Hawks vs Bucks Hawks lead series 2-1
The Bucks rookie PG-Brandon Jennings is catching on quick at taking advantage of a teams weakness in a series. Letting SG-Salmon and SG-Stackhouse take advantage of the Hawks no-defense Bibby & Crawful on easy pick & pop plays was the move to make to get at least one-win out of this series.

Todays game:
Boston vs Miami Celtics lead series 3-0
I predict should be a SWEEP today.....Heat played themselves by getting KG suspended. Boston should not care about NBA Stern $$$$ rating for the first round, or Pat Riley's D.Wade show.
Boston Bench is just to to long not to have brooms for a Heat SWEEP!!!

Cavs vs Bulls Cavs lead series 2-1
The Cavs players interview after the loss to the Bulls were something funny, all the Cavs players could not justify this loss to Bulls in any of their sentences. There will not be anymore loss interviews for the Cavs players in this series.

Spurs vs Mavs Spurs lead series 2-1
The Spurs players and Spurs-Fans are all looking for a rough-neck Spurs WIN at home today, over Ginobli's broken nose (the mask-man in game 4).
Richard Jefferson soft-a.... better turn-up the volume to become the missing Bowen, Malik, and Kurt Thomas at the start/finish of game 4 in San Antonio tonight or else there will be alot of angry teammates and fans. LOL

Denver vs Utah Jazz lead series 2-1
The Denver Nuggets really bumbed into the wrong team in the first round....Game-4 in Utah is a must win for the Denver Nuggets, could Carmelo Anthony pull this off to show he is a "Max Franchise Super-Star" to be reckon with? he have the offense/defense role-players and coach to win in Utah.
Time to step it up.....super-star

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
It's NBA Scoring Leader Kevin Durant...
Agreed. As if it wasn't obvious enough, but Kiyaman had to create some sort of progression in to his redundant opinion of Mike D'Antoni.

We get it. Stop..

http://accuscore.com/2009-2010-nba-season-forecast

http://www.nba-basketball.org/teams/new-york-knicks/new-york-knicks-2009-2010-preview-138:

he New York Knicks won’t be expected to make the playoffs this year

New York Knicks 2010 Predictions

Record: 30-52

If you don't have ESPN insider, It'll be my pleasure to post you what ESPN the Mag said coming in to this season, in which they predicted the Knicks to finish 12th as well:

12. New York Knicks

BIOLOGY — D
Eddy Curry came to camp in the best shape in years -- then promptly tore a calf muscle. And coach Mike D'Antoni's Knick in Shining Armor, Danilo Gallinari, is coming off back surgery. Is he even up to the rigors of an 82-game season?

CHEMISTRY — C-minus
David Lee and Nate Robinson didn't get what they wanted from their free agent summer. But if they're looking for a way out, they have to join the club. Six other Knicks with expiring contracts will be playing for a payday too.

ECONOMICS — A-minus
Their cap can already fit one big free agent, but if GM Donnie Walsh can find a way to dump Curry's salary, Obama should make him the bailout czar.

HISTORY — D
The Knicks are putting all their hopes in next summer's basket. They don't seem to realize that superstars rarely walk.

MATH — C
New York finished last in blocks last season, swatting just over half the league average. Well, the 6'10" Jordan Hill and seven-foot Darko Milicic are tall.

OVERALL GRADE: C-minus

NO ONE EXPECTED ANYTHING FROM OUR PLAYERS OR OUR COACHES.

It's MORE than clear now.

Can we move past the D'Antoni incriminations and look to next year (in most threads), and focus on the NBA playoffs before you start posting more irrelevant Anti-D'Antoni bullshit?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Unmentionable? Well the referees sure seem to know him, because he gets more calls than anyone!!! God damn.

Since does Durant guard Kobe? Artest guards Durant on defense also...so I wouldn't say "on Kobe"

Scotty Brooks switches Durant up on Kobe sometimes. Phil won't do the same because Durant would get Kobe in all kinds of foul trouble. As for getting to the line, that's what "stars" do. If Gallo would do the same his average would go up at least 5 points a game and he wouldn't have those bad games. I hope the "cock" is watching this show Durant is putting on and saying " I can do that." You can't just camp out at the 3 point line. Post ups and drives get you easier buckets and put pressure on the opposing defense causing trips to the line.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Scotty Brooks switches Durant up on Kobe sometimes. Phil won't do the same because Durant would get Kobe in all kinds of foul trouble. As for getting to the line, that's what "stars" do. If Gallo would do the same his average would go up at least 5 points a game and he wouldn't have those bad games. I hope the "cock" is watching this show Durant is putting on and saying " I can do that." You can't just camp out at the 3 point line. Post ups and drives get you easier buckets and put pressure on the opposing defense causing trips to the line.
When was gallo mentioned in my post at all?

Durant gets so many bullshit calls that its sickening. Cant wait or the Lakers to knock him out.

iSaYughh

Starter
Durant is quickly becoming the Bobby Crosby of the NBA.

The entire team reminds me of Crosby's actually. I hate them.

Mainly envy and bewilderment over just how
many TOPCHOICE lotto picks they get and how they've turned out.

Nothing worse than being unskilled and unlucky. I.e this past draft. I.e almost every knick draft of the past half decade+.

The Hill > B-Jen selection will be Isiah-esque in bluntforce trauma
if Walsh can't make it rain this OS.

Deep breathes. Deep breathes.

Kiyaman

Legend

Most of those 29 points came in the 4th quarter.
Mr. Unmentionable highlights was the best shooter I seen in the NBA all season, u could not give him a inch of open space without him draining a 2 or 3 on u.
Durant was one of the "Top-3" players in the league u had to bumb and foul to make him miss a shot.

Plus Durant has a PG-Westbrook that has "Game on top of Game", one minute he reminds u of D.Rose then the next minute he reminds u of Rondo.
When this one poster mention that about Westbrook early in the season I paid no attention to it b/c I only seen a couple of the OKC games, but during this series with the Lakers......Westbrook is the MAN!
Derick Fisher is one of the best playoff experience PG in the league.
u have to be an outstanding PG to out play Derrick Fisher in a series.
And so far Westbrook is doing his thang.

How can someone HATE on a player (Durant) and his team (Thunders) when last year this time this same player and team were a 23 win season team???
Haters are becoming a large addiction like crack.

It looks like:
The increase or decrease of the 2010-11 season Salary-Cap due to be announced this summer is playing a big part of the" First Round Playoff ratings". mo mo $$$ money.
No SWEEPS in the 2010 first round.....mo-money mo-money mo-$$$

The Bulls, Bucks, and Heat were teams that supposed to get broom SWEPT
or vacumed to the fishing lake in 4 games.

This is one of the reason why getting knocked out of the playoffs in 5-games I consider it a SWEEP..... for instance:
In game 4 of Boston vs Miami, the Celtics shot 16-27 from the foul-line which is just a little unusual for a 75% FT team, but when all 11 miss-shots were in the 4th quarter from 80% FT players......leads to an unusual coincidence ???