will the real knick's fans please stand up

I dedicate this thread to only members of the site who signed up before april 2010.

if you signed up afterwards do what you gotta do, but for real I just want to see how many of you idiots band wagon your asses during the lebron chase, and now throw your two cents in when all else fails

I know many of you struggled and argued and hated on eachother for years now, bickering over what the best choice is for the interest of the ny knicks.

similar to me you checked this site every night before lebron james was ever a factor in our future, and recognized that what it means to be a knick fan is to stick throug hthe hell and hte losses not just the predictions of victory.

I see so many names ive never seen before, and while most may say its not that serious, well to me if time is life, and i spend time on here, and so do you then it is very serious.

bounce false knicks fans

bounce like a derek harper in and out

and 0-18 your ass to another forum

knicksonline is for real knicks fans

not nonsensical ridiculous ignorants who feel they warrant some attention based on the fact they sign up right before lebron makes his "decision"

and all those fans that supported the Knicks before the invention of the internet... You are all frauds!!!
Everyone knows that you have to moan like a little bitch on the internet before you gain real fan status...

I have been a knicks fan for 17 years but I am not that much of a tosser to think that I am better than anyone else because of that.

Grow up guy. I hate to think that fellow Knick fans are the type that start petty fights amongst themselves over who is the bigger fan. You can't be a little bitch forever...

and all those fans that supported the Knicks before the invention of the internet... You are all frauds!!!
Everyone knows that you have to moan like a little bitch on the internet before you gain real fan status...

I have been a knicks fan for 17 years but I am not that much of a tosser to think that I am better than anyone else because of that.

Grow up guy. I hate to think that fellow Knick fans are the type that start petty fights amongst themselves over who is the bigger fan. You can't be a little bitch forever...

very well put :beer:

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I dedicate this thread to only members of the site who signed up before april 2010.

if you signed up afterwards do what you gotta do, but for real I just want to see how many of you idiots band wagon your asses during the lebron chase, and now throw your two cents in when all else fails

I know many of you struggled and argued and hated on eachother for years now, bickering over what the best choice is for the interest of the ny knicks.

similar to me you checked this site every night before lebron james was ever a factor in our future, and recognized that what it means to be a knick fan is to stick throug hthe hell and hte losses not just the predictions of victory.

I see so many names ive never seen before, and while most may say its not that serious, well to me if time is life, and i spend time on here, and so do you then it is very serious.

bounce false knicks fans

bounce like a derek harper in and out

and 0-18 your ass to another forum

knicksonline is for real knicks fans

not nonsensical ridiculous ignorants who feel they warrant some attention based on the fact they sign up right before lebron makes his "decision"

Posting on a forum for a couple of years doesn't make you anything more then a fan that posts their views on an open forum. Let's not make this into I'm a bigger and better fan because I have been here longer. Who gives a shit.

CoolClyde

Posting on a forum for a couple of years doesn't make you anything more then a fan that posts their views on an open forum. Let's not make this into I'm a bigger and better fan because I have been here longer. Who gives a shit.

^ haha. true dat.
:agreed:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There were a lot of ring in posters throughout FA. Don't think we can judge them by how many rep points they have though.

The real fans will stay. The POP culture fruits will leave.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I agree with most of you guys. As long as you have some decent input and you are an actual fan post away. Just because you are just now signing up don't mean anything, if I would have known this site was here years ago I would have signed up then. It don't make those guys before me anymore of a fan.:2cents:

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
I joined in June of '09 BUT I was not a regular due to the fact that I knew what the plan was (2 year throw away) and waited.

Now that I see the new direction and it is a good one, I will be a regular. Yes you will have your bandwagon folks, but for some long time fans we FINALLY have some reason for hope.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
O/k, for all you PRECOCIOUS NEOPHYTES (Ha, just kidding), I'll tell you this:

I attended my first Knick game at the old Garden in 1967. Yes, in 1967. :peace: :gony:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I can agree with both viewpoints. As Knicks4Life_1985 said, if you have something interesting or pertinent to say, by all means, go ahead.

But I do wonder about many of the posters on here too. Why sign up now? It smells of the average/passive fan. It doesn't matter if you say you were a Knick fan since Ewing/Starks. It only means you follow the Knicks when they're good and don't follow them when they're bad.

And to that extant, I agree with DontForgetDerekHarper. Those of us that have been following the Knicks while Isiah/Layden were destroying the team are the real diehard fans. The ones that just show up when the Knicks are relevant are not. It doesn't mean as much to them. They're no different than the Laker fans that show up late to the games and leave early. And in that regard, maybe they should tone down their criticism.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
New Posters

From my perspective DontForgetDerekHarper is a quality poster. My guess is that his frustration with new posters is really frustration with some of the recent posts that are moronic but nonetheless delivered with know-it-all arrogance.

The Knicks are not yet good enough to label the new posters frontrunners. Lets welcome them. If one thing is clear on this site it is that there is a substantial amount of healthy disagreement. No one appears afraid to speak his or her piece. No one gets away with moronic posts. In the free speech marketplace, the better posts prevail.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Call me a bandwagon jumper or whatever the **** else you want to call me. I've been a Knick fan all my life, and just because I just got on here don't mean jack. I'm here right now dammit...deal w/ it cause I aint goin nowhere no time soon!

CoolClyde

From my perspective DontForgetDerekHarper is a quality poster. My guess is that his frustration with new posters is really frustration with some of the recent posts that are moronic but nonetheless delivered with know-it-all arrogance.

The Knicks are not yet good enough to label the new posters frontrunners. Lets welcome them. If one thing is clear on this site it is that there is a substantial amount of healthy disagreement. No one appears afraid to speak his or her piece. No one gets away with moronic posts. In the free speech marketplace, the better posts prevail.

I agree with this as well Oldtimer. I believe some of the new posters are starting new threads on a whim without checking out the threads already here. Moronic posts are here to stay, as are the know-it-alls who've been here for years, those who find time to fight with each other, post racist rants and pick each other apart instead of focusing on the Knicks. I welcome intelligent, well-thought-out posts, critics, believers and non-believers, new and old. my only peeve... too many Clydes!! haha.
:beer:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
So being born and raised in NYC and a Knick fan from the time I could walk because everyone in my family were Knicks fans doesn't trump not knowing about this forum before I joined?

Crazy how that works.

I can understand Harper's frustrations tho, you're going to get those handful of people who just show up to go along with the masses. But I seriously didn't know about this forum until someone on another forum mentioned it when the Knicks were brought up in FA convos.

dude relax

if you want to get personal fine, if you are offended then that means I WASNT
talking about you.

I am just noticing alot of idiots who dont know what they are talking about and obviously do not follow basketball up to the standards of the fans who practically built this site over the last few years.

no need to name call, or flip out. It was a purposeful rant, and meant to stoke good argument, but not to subject myself to personal rank outs from random posters.

settle down and make your point maturely.

just to make it clear as to why i created this thread

i read this post in the "why not love for gallo" thread

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
Because, he is inconsistent and lacks a defensive presence. His heart doesn’t fit NY basketball. If he didn’t have personal ties to the coach he would have been gone a long time ago. This year I expect Gallo and the coach will be sent packing…

and it pissed me off big time because obviously this poster has not watched gallinari pounding his chest

running after lose balls

chasing down easy layups for game winning blocks

hitting 25 foot three pointers to keep us in games

styling after dunking on the entire lakers team

hitting big foul shots

pacing the side lines during time outs because he cant wait to get back in the game

this is what set me off to create this thread

when people make points, that are sooooo out of wack, just to hate when they have no idea what they are saying.

wt...</O:p
<O:p</O:p
What?s the age demographic here? Who decides what a real Knick fan is? Are you telling me a real fan is someone that will accept whatever their team gives them? And, if he/she disagrees with the changes in the organization they are false fans. Sorry, but that sounds like the definition of a sucker, not a fan. I?ve always been sucker free?
<O:p
People become fans of winners not losers. If you rather keep subjecting yourself to heartaches then your team might not feel so obligated to make the appropriate changes. True fans put the fire under their team?s asses. And, they will keep the fire on until they produce the goods, not sit back and settle for anything year after year.
True fans are not tricks, but, they will gladly pay the big bucks to watch and enjoy their team win and/or lose with DIGNITY. True fans will not tolerate incompetence and will often have trouble supporting an organization of underachievers. Fake fans only care about sports talk within their inner circle, they do not demand greatness, or financially invest in the team by actually attending the games. Any real fan will automatically tell you they dreaded going to most Knicks games?like I did.
Yes, this is a Fan site, but if everyone in here were praising and kissing the Knicks ass you would have not seen one post from me?as I despise being around too many phonies, ass kissers, and wannabe NYer?s. NY is about success, not failure.