will the real knick's fans please stand up

Come on guys. You don't have to do anything to be a true fan... It'a all in your heart and in your mind. I have even knicks tattoo's and so what? My own Knicks are in the middle of my heart and that's the only thing that counts!!! Peace

Blas

Benchwarmer
I think DFDH is pointing out the fact that some new posters state their opinion with little backing up.

It is one thing to say someone is great or stinks, but it is another to give and show specific examples or stats.

That is the point of this forum, to contribute something intellectual regardless if people agree or not.

rw005

Benchwarmer
Had to delete my post, since it didnt make sense, but if i was a bandwagon fan I wouldn't be coming back here :thumbsup:

Orange and blue....Forever :beer:

KBlack25

Starter
The whole "true fans" v. "fake fans" argument to me is tired.

I've been on this board a while...I've seen new people come on and contribute, I've seen new people come on and be total wastes...all the while many fans felt like if you didn't agree with their opinion you were a "fake Knicks fan".

At the end of the day, I think we can all agree we want the Knicks to be winners. Whether or not we agree with the path they are taking is another story, that's why we are here.

As long as people remain respectful...and I agree with Harper in the sense that most of the "new guys" have not been...we do have a strong board with a lot of strong-quality posters.

I don't agree with a lot of the shit spewed on this site...but I don't think it makes you any less of a Knicks fan...

my point exactly black, I am talking about a good thread going and then some one no one knows as of yet coming in and talking trash bringing down the quality of a good debate. SIt back and learn, I read posts with out joining for over a year, and got to understand what it is about, and recognize the fanship comes with a healthy respect for the game, to me its critical for the new guys to take up the same mind set. This will turn into a debacle if every one is just floating nonsense out there whenever they feel like it.

I just dont want the site to turn into facebook feel me ???

KBlack25

Starter
True fans are not tricks, but, they will gladly pay the big bucks to watch and enjoy their team win and/or lose with DIGNITY. True fans will not tolerate incompetence and will often have trouble supporting an organization of underachievers. Fake fans only care about sports talk within their inner circle, they do not demand greatness, or financially invest in the team by actually attending the games. Any real fan will automatically tell you they dreaded going to most Knicks games…like I did.

I could not disagree with everything you said more.

To me, true fans fight through the incompetence, they want it to end, but they survive through it BECAUSE they love the team. They root for the laundry in rough times and in good. To me, what you are saying is that a "true fan" is a "fair-weather fan".

I didn't dread going to Knicks games when I came back to NY from college for the last 2 years and lived here...why? Because I ****ing love this team, with everything I have I love the team for better or for worse. I paid the money (granted, I waited to be able to get half price and extremely cheap tixx) to see this team because I love the team so much.

A fan that only shows up when the team is good, who only likes going to the game b/c they think the Knicks will win, is as far from a true fan as you can get.

Many of us on this board have survived through a long period of turmoil. I joined a bit late, but was posting on the Hoopshype Knicks section for years before coming over here.

I don't have trouble supporting the team, because I see them as part of who I am. I identify myself as a Knicks fan...it's part of me. To say that "I'm not a true fan," because I don't have trouble supporting a team, in bad times and in good, to me makes little to no logical sense. In fact, I think the exact opposite is true. A fan who finds no trouble supporting a team in the worst of times is the truest of fans.

EDIT: Then again, if you talk about Isiah returning...I don't know how/if I can make it.

^^Would you like the Knicks if they were in a different state/city? If so… why?

Tbh, it sounds to me like you are a NY team fan. I’m a NY fan too, because of what NY symbolizes, GREATNESS.

Hey, it’s ok with me if you have a higher tolerance for failure, I do not. And by me choosing not to endure it, I’ve aligned myself in many ways to greatness and expect anyone or thing that I’m involved with to step up to the challenge, anything less is a disappointment. Don’t get upset with me for expecting the best, if you want whatever that comes your way…so be it…
<O:p</O:p
You won’t change my mindset or winning attitude, champions never settle.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Well to all the new knick fans who just signed up. You did yourself a favor and saved urself a lot of heartache broken tables punching holes in walls over the past decade lol.
And how could I forget the bar fight with some dude rocking a nets Kidd jersey when we meet them inthe playoffs!

The team sucked so much but I couldn't stop myself from watching every game just hoping something would happen. It never did. I think the best I saw was the 6 game winning streak back when LB was coach.

So welcome to ko.com and here's to hoping 2010 brings a new era of winning Knicks basketball

KBlack25

Starter
^^Would you like the Knicks if they were in a different state/city? If so? why?

Tbh, it sounds to me like you are a NY team fan. I?m a NY fan too, because of what NY symbolizes, GREATNESS.

Hey, it?s ok with me if you have a higher tolerance for failure, I do not. And by me choosing not to endure it, I?ve aligned myself in many ways to greatness and expect anyone or thing that I?m involved with to step up to the challenge, anything less is a disappointment. Don?t get upset with me for expecting the best, if you want whatever that comes your way?so be it?
<o>:p</o>:p
You won?t change my mindset or winning attitude, champions never settle.

You obviously misunderstand...

I don't LIKE that the Knicks are/were bad for the last decade. And to me, I want a title, period. But the fact that someone can drop them, not follow them, not support them, not care about them in bad times, but show up like it's the second coming of Jesus if they were good...to me that's not a true fan.

iSaYughh

Starter
DFDerek made a generalization, but you can't deny the accuracy within it.

Joining during the apex of the LeBastard Saga, Knick revolution, the big time media coverage begs a legitimate question.

Just post and don't get a sore ass over a pointed rant that's just expressing some disgust over the obv pseudo-NYK fans who just joined and are a nuisance who often denigrate what a big fan like DFDerek --clearly-- endured as a diehard while beefing up this forum over the yrs.

If you know basketball, support the Knicks, have anything interesting to or ask....nobody is going to flip shit because of your join date.

Facts:

The level of stupid and fakeness went up dramatically and it's extra disgusting because it was people clearly riding the wave of LeBastard and his big day media saga.

There's always a good deal of stupid around but you could rarely question the NYK loving heart beating beneath it. :beer:

Solid new posters too.

I said it a couple weeks back:

Lot of shit posters will come. Some good ones in between. Shit posters will die soon and any remaining ones will be lone KO punching bags. Good ones will likely/hopefully stay.

Annoying process, but in the end a worthy one IMO.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^Would you like the Knicks if they were in a different state/city? If so? why?

Tbh, it sounds to me like you are a NY team fan. I?m a NY fan too, because of what NY symbolizes, GREATNESS.

Hey, it?s ok with me if you have a higher tolerance for failure, I do not. And by me choosing not to endure it, I?ve aligned myself in many ways to greatness and expect anyone or thing that I?m involved with to step up to the challenge, anything less is a disappointment. Don?t get upset with me for expecting the best, if you want whatever that comes your way?so be it?
<O:p</O:p

You won?t change my mindset or winning attitude, champions never settle.

:teeth:

Winning attitude? Champions never settling? Greatness?

Why yes! Let's bring aboard Gilbert Arenas, Iverson, and Camby --immediately! And pat Walsh's ass for putting us at last on the gold bricked road to champion attitude, never settling, and championships!

I'd grow on of these
:afro:

Before the Knicks ever sniffed a title if you had your way!

You obviously misunderstand...

I don't LIKE that the Knicks are/were bad for the last decade. And to me, I want a title, period. But the fact that someone can drop them, not follow them, not support them, not care about them in bad times, but show up like it's the second coming of Jesus if they were good...to me that's not a true fan.

I understand your point, but its your choice and your opinions, nothing more...you live with yours and I'll live with mines. The Knicks need to know that not everyone will suck up to their ineptness. They need a spanking from their fans,

Spare the rod spoil the child.

:teeth:

Winning attitude? Champions never settling? Greatness?

Why yes! Let's bring aboard Gilbert Arenas, Iverson, and Camby --immediately! And pat Walsh's ass for putting us at last on the gold bricked road to champion attitude, never settling, and championships!

I'd grow on of these
:afro:

Before the Knicks ever sniffed a title if you had your way!

I've had my say about those guys in another thread. I'm not a fan of wasting time repeating my opinions. You don't see it, cool with me, I'm not going to keep harping on it, or talk like the current Knicks team will be a dominant force before actually playing with each other.

KBlack25

Starter
I understand your point, but its your choice and your opinions, nothing more...you live with yours and I'll live with mines. The Knicks need to know that not everyone will suck up to their ineptness. They need a spanking from their fans,

Spare the rod spoil the child.

You have your opinion, I have mine...fine.

You believe bandwagon fans are true fans.

I believe people that live through thick and thin are true fans.

I honestly don't think you could be more wrong.

You have your opinion, I have mine...fine.

You believe bandwagon fans are true fans.

I believe people that live through thick and thin are true fans.

I honestly don't think you could be more wrong.

cool, you are entitled to that, just like I think the Knicks will not have a title anytime soon.

Paul1355

All Star
I dedicate this thread to only members of the site who signed up before april 2010.

if you signed up afterwards do what you gotta do, but for real I just want to see how many of you idiots band wagon your asses during the lebron chase, and now throw your two cents in when all else fails

I know many of you struggled and argued and hated on eachother for years now, bickering over what the best choice is for the interest of the ny knicks.

similar to me you checked this site every night before lebron james was ever a factor in our future, and recognized that what it means to be a knick fan is to stick throug hthe hell and hte losses not just the predictions of victory.

I see so many names ive never seen before, and while most may say its not that serious, well to me if time is life, and i spend time on here, and so do you then it is very serious.

bounce false knicks fans

bounce like a derek harper in and out

and 0-18 your ass to another forum

knicksonline is for real knicks fans

not nonsensical ridiculous ignorants who feel they warrant some attention based on the fact they sign up right before lebron makes his "decision"
i joined before and i posted the most when the knicks sucked

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
We will have a title in the next 4 years if we stay on this track. As long as we do not keep wasting our time thinking about who may be coming and who is available.

Our focus needs to be on who we have and what we need to do to be succesful. Defense is clearly what it is going to take and nobody can say that the Knicks did not upgrade that department( at least on paper).

With the players we have right now we can easily sneak up on alot of teams this year and make some noices in THE PLAYOFFS.

moneyg

Starter
i dont have a problem with the newbies...

what i have a problem with is people saying i used to be a knicks fan but they r bad so now im a ________ fan..

even if the knicks suck for the next 30 years i will still be a fan..

NYKs for life
Yankees for life
Giants for life

good or bad.... til death do us part...

If this cut were to be put in effect, I'm sorry to say.....YOU BITCHES WOULD STILL BE STUCK WITH ME! haha I'm playin, but seriously, i would have made the cut by like 2 weeks or something.

But I have been a Knick fan since the fetus as well so to question someone's fanhood based on their number of posts or when they joined the site is ludicrous. The people who want to post here will keep posting and the one's who don't, won't.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Why dont you say the Same to the Dolans and MSG; I guess the 5,000 new season ticket holders are less of fans than the 10,000 before them.

This is the best time in our franchise since the clock striked midnight at the Millennium; I say rejoice our new fans; I have been a knick fan for 20 years; and its great to see old fans pick back up the spirit and few fans that need someone to root for; we all started as a fan at somepoint