will the real knick's fans please stand up

Smooth

Benchwarmer
i have been a knick fan since i was 15 years old im 40 now and i been reading in this site for a long long time before i finally became a member of the site...i just dont like to post a lot but i do read whats happening on this site every day.

Knicks have been bottom feeders for a while but i know that soon very soon we will be up there again!

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I'm not a New Yorker, hell I'm not even from America.

My first full season of Basketball was last year, before that I had a Bulls ball as a child and a Knicks poster, neither of which meant much to me.

I don't really care what anyone on here thinks of me but that doesn't mean I won't stand up for who I am and what I believe.

Any fan wants the best for their team regardless of the sport or team and to say they should only support the team when they deliver the best is utter garbage. My soccer team "Liverpool Football Club" the only team I have supported since I was 4 years old have a motto

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE. Some people on here live by those words when it comes to the Knicks and some would do well to.

I support ever team in NY (other than the Yankees) but I have my favourites. Knicks, Jets, Islanders and Mets and the only team I support from outside NY are ND, whatever happens this is the way it will always be.

Knicks fans are from an outsiders perspective (though I am a Knicks fan if people like it or not) are passionate and while they will not accept failure and nor should they, they can tell the difference between when the team deserves support and when it doesn't and like most of us regardless of if they deserve it they will give it because that's what they do.

I consider it a privellege to be able to tell people wherever I am in the world I'm a Liverpool fan and the same goes for all my NY teams and ND and Syracuse.

I wouldn't have it any other way and the fact I only just signed up to the site is a coincidence as I was searching for a picture of the 94 Knicks Jersey because of a post on truesportscore another site I visit and have done for over a year which has a mix of posters who will gladly tell you who I support and why.

Feel free to question my commitment, but try staying up till 5 in the morning when you are in work in 4 hours because that's what we English fans had to do for the teams that we could watch (Jets, Mets, Islanders) and my only regret is we didn't have a carrier for NBA as well!

i bleed blue and orange... i dont care i dont have ur sorry ass approval that i made this account during lebron mania. i probably have been to the garden more times than you... thanks for making this retarded ass thread:2cents:

Paul1355

All Star
i dont have a problem with the newbies...

what i have a problem with is people saying i used to be a knicks fan but they r bad so now im a ________ fan..

even if the knicks suck for the next 30 years i will still be a fan..

NYKs for life
Yankees for life
Giants for life

good or bad.... til death do us part...
dont forget the NY Rangers

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Truth be told I used to be a Yankees fan but the signing of A-Fraud coupled with their luke warm "celebrations" meant I became a Mets fan because I'd rather lose amoung the passionate than win amoung "oh look another billionaire superstar and ring". Same reason the Twins are my second team.

elcol

Rotation player
ive been reading these forums for a long time but only recently decided to sign up....a month late :/

Posting a generalized statement calling out all new posters is not the answer. If you have a problem with specific posts by all means respond directly to the poster, but to say all new posters are bandwagon fans is inaccurate and unwarranted.

Rather than bemoaning the fact that there so many new posters, you should take it as a positive sign that the Knicks have turned a new leaf and there is a lot of excitement to come.

For myself, I have been a Knick fan for many years who has experienced all of the the highs and lows. I have watched many games over the past several years and while I could not revel in frequent Knick victories, at least I found it enjoyable to watch young players such as Lee, Chandler, Frye, Robinson and Gallo improve their games.

smokes

Huge Member
I think the influx of new posters is a good thing for many reasons.

Like other people have said, it highlights the fact the Knicks are going into a new exciting era that so many people have signed up. It's a week since the "Decision" and while a lot of those new posters have disappeared there's still plenty of them around.

Also brings fresh perspectives and opinions to be debated over. Whether you agree with them or not it sparks more discussion and activity.

I also like the fact the forums are active more or less 24/7 now. Back even a few months ago, us overseas posters would be in very very slim number during the night in USA and the forums were practically dead, wasn't any active discussion to be had at those hours, now we can debate all night long :)

There are new posters that are "annoying" to me, especially the ones who copy paste their posts from Word!
:p
:p

Haha, but even so, differences of opinion make for some interesting threads and nice debating. When was the last time we had 5-10 page threads on this forum which didn't involve 2 people abusing each other for several pages? :lol:

I welcome all the new posters, the bandwagon fans will disappear sooner or later as their interest wanes. The true fans, be their opinions positive or negative, will stick around and continue to provide interesting discussion.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
who care when you sign up....seriously if you support the knicks thats all that matter.
Agreed. I signed up just recently, but I am a Knicks fan. And in all honesty, I really did not think LeBron was coming here anyway. Im not feeling too good about the team right now watching summer league, because while Landry Fields has looked pretty good, Bill Walker has not looked too good. Andy Rautins does not look good at all also. I hated the draft for us at first, and while Fields' performance makes me feel better about drafting him. Andy Rautins is just starting to make me feel even worse than I first was about drafting him. Im sorry, but what the hell is wrong with D'Antoni? There is no reason you draft a player with a ceiling of an impact bench player over a player who's ceiling is just ridiculously high.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
loved the knicks since i started watching ball ( 98 ) and loved them when we were the laughing stock ( decade ) and ill love them always. LIVE and DIE a knick fan :gony::gony: i could see myself in my 60's and still rooting for us to win, just the way its meant to be. my kids will be force fed knick fans hahah

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'll root for the Orange and Blue until the day I die

Yankees/Knicks/Giants/Rangers.

Hell yeah.

Although I don't really watch hockey TBQH

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
i have joined 3 knicks forums i have been a member since 06 .... and joining this one will be my forth joining on april .... since joining here i felt right away like i was part of the family .... there's one knicks website i wont say no name they absolutely have no class at all ....

jets mets knicks is wat i talk about ... NYC sports it dont get better than that

oh by the way ... bandwagon fans .. let them be that helps this site grow :thumbsup:

Last edited:

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
I agree with most of you guys. As long as you have some decent input and you are an actual fan post away. Just because you are just now signing up don't mean anything, if I would have known this site was here years ago I would have signed up then. It don't make those guys before me anymore of a fan.:2cents:
co-sign:gony:

th3realicon

Rotation player
COwboys? You poser. :p

Been a Knicks fan since that moment immortalized in my avatar. Can't get enough or Orange and Blue since.

KingCharles34

All Star
Anybody thats got or had a pic of another ball player thats not on our team needs to eat a dikk....other then that, the join date doesnt matter....As a legend of this site, i'd like to welcome all the new posters here