The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

KingofNy

Starter
Did you guys hear that D'Antoni and Walsh didn't agree with our most recent offer, especially with Gallo being in the trade but that Dolan went through with it anyways... I knew it was eventually going to come down to that. We definitely need to get this trade done now or our team as a whole is going to feel betrayed including Walsh and D'Antoni. Now that Dolan is taking over the negotiations expect the deal to get done at all costs and expect Fields to be part of the deal too. Our new lineup will be:

Billups
Douglas
Melo
Stat
Mosgov

Still not too bad considering we're rebuilding.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
Did you guys hear that D'Antoni and Walsh didn't agree with our most recent offer, especially with Gallo being in the trade but that Dolan went through with it anyways... I knew it was eventually going to come down to that. We definitely need to get this trade done now or our team as a whole is going to feel betrayed including Walsh and D'Antoni. Now that Dolan is taking over the negotiations expect the deal to get done at all costs and expect Fields to be part of the deal too. Our new lineup will be:

Billups
Douglas
Melo
Stat
Mosgov

Still not too bad considering we're rebuilding.

We can't lose BOTH Landry and Gallo, that just ridiculous.

We gave them a choice of Chander and either Gallo or Fields, and eventhough I'd hate to see Gallo or Fields gone, if we only have to give up one while keeping the other AND getting melo, I'm all for it.

This whole situation is screwed up. If melo really wants to come here, all he had to do was tell Dolan in their secret meeting that there is no way he signs an extension with anyone but the Knicks so then Dolan would be able to call Denver's bluff and not offer them the entire team! Its obvious that melo wants to get out of denver NOW and is keeping both Denver and New York in the dark to try and force a deal before the deadline because he is afraid that if he outright says he will only sign an extension in new york then we won't trade for him when we can get him for nothing in the summer, but as it is, its obvious he is just so sick of all this drama and wants to be as far away from denver as possible ASAP. Thats the only thing that is annoying me about him through out this whole process.

la2ny

Starter
Still no garauntee we lose Landry. If we lose him then I look towards players who can fill that void. Maybe Walsh knows he can get Mayo or Hamilton? IDK but anyways, on to my point. Im going to do a deal comparison between us an NJ from my perceptions of these players. Starting with this:

Gallo vs Favors- Honestly I don't see Derick Favors turning into what everyone thinks he can be. I'll admit he has talent and the physical attributes to do it, but I don't believe he has the work ethic of a future star, that "it" factor. Gallo is very talented and has alot of skills, but I see him pretty much at where he is now or Hedo Turkoglu from 09 but consistent. He's never going to be Dirk because Dirk is a once in a generation player though I think he will probably be the best European player in the NBA in about 3-4 years time.

KingofNy

Starter
We can't lose BOTH Landry and Gallo, that just ridiculous.

We gave them a choice of Chander and either Gallo or Fields, and eventhough I'd hate to see Gallo or Fields gone, if we only have to give up one while keeping the other AND getting melo, I'm all for it.

This whole situation is screwed up. If melo really wants to come here, all he had to do was tell Dolan in their secret meeting that there is no way he signs an extension with anyone but the Knicks so then Dolan would be able to call Denver's bluff and not offer them the entire team! Its obvious that melo wants to get out of denver NOW and is keeping both Denver and New York in the dark to try and force a deal before the deadline because he is afraid that if he outright says he will only sign an extension in new york then we won't trade for him when we can get him for nothing in the summer, but as it is, its obvious he is just so sick of all this drama and wants to be as far away from denver as possible ASAP. Thats the only thing that is annoying me about him through out this whole process.

I agree with you. I know it's a lot to give up but we need to do it IMO. 4 Ford Focus' don't = a Bentley. That is the way we need to look at all this. We can get other role players elsewhere. You are right about Carmelo wanting out of Denver now with his contract. I honestly think he'll go to either us or NJ just to get out of Denver.

It was Dolan's decision to go and raise the ante so it's basically out of Walsh's hands now. Fans here that think he's going to just stay in Denver and sign with us as a FA are crazy. He's tired of this mess and wants it over now. He's not going to go through this whole mess again at the end of the season again when Denver tries to trade him again and then with all the free agency drama.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't get why people rather keep Gallo than Chandler. Keep Chandler he can play the 2 if we're gonna lose Fields.

And I really hope we never go after a C like Bynum we don't need 2 bigs with dodgy knees on this team.

la2ny

Starter
I don't get why people rather keep Gallo than Chandler. Keep Chandler he can play the 2 if we're gonna lose Fields.

And I really hope we never go after a C like Bynum we don't need 2 bigs with dodgy knees on this team.

Actually people want to keep fields instead of gallo and were mad that d'ant could be holding the deal up for his godson.

Who said anything about going after bynum???

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
If we gave up Felton for Billups.... Boy that is a mistake. Billups is closing up shop soon and I feel with Felton's pace he is a better fit running D'ant's style of play. All this just to get Melo..(who by the way doesn't really fit into this run and gun, but he is a great player) makes little to no sense. If we give up Fields I will be pissed. **** all the rest just keep Fields as his upside is better then Gallo's and Chandlers and he does so many other things well like rebound.

I think if we kept him and dealt the rest with the exception of Felton we would be good. I don't want Billups at all.

smokes

Huge Member
Actually people want to keep fields instead of gallo and were mad that d'ant could be holding the deal up for his godson.

Who said anything about going after bynum???

Of course people want to keep Fields but looks like he is going to have to be included. In terms of Gallo vs Chandler some dudes still rather have Gallo who would be a misfit with Melo plus he's not as good as Chandler anyway...

And about Bynum, it's just a thing thats been thrown around a couple of times lately and he was mentioned before.

If D'Antoni is holding up this trade because of Gallo....he's ruining this franchise even more than Isiah did.

He should get abused from the stands the next game at MSG, IF he is holding up the trade bc of Gallo (which is only a rumor).

The perfect thing would be to keep Fields and add Melo. Everyone else is expendable.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Throwing in Gallo or Fields is more than enough and now Mozgov too? Listen I say scrap the whole deal. Screw it we take our chances in the off season. That's way too much talent to give away.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Knicks need to stay put with their current offer and not add moz or fields. If they do then they are stupid. Just wait it out now with the improved offer, and then once denver realizes the nets have no chance, then they will accept knicks offer.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
So we just offered the nuggets gallo, chandler, felton, curry, and 1st rounder for melo, billups and probably sheldon williams.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211103/Knicks_Include_Gallinari_In_Latest_Offer_For_Carmelo
3 Starters curry and a 1st rounder, It's what they wanted right? At first I wasn't digging the trade, but after a little bit of time playing with the team on 2k11
Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Moz

is pretty beast. I then simulated a season, we lost in the conference finals to the heat. We beat the bulls and celtics. They beat the hawks and Magic.
The season following, I accepted Billups 1 year. Then Turiaf accepted his one year. Accepted Walkers one year. Then signed Prince for a year with the mle and resigned Azzy.

This season we won the title with
Billups, Fields, Melo, Amare, Moz
Prince, Douglas, Turiaf, Azzy, Williams off the bench

Then Billups expired and I signed CP3 with the cap space I had. The team is pure beast now...I know it's just a video game but if Walsh pulls off the same thing wow... just... wow

Knicks need to stay put with their current offer and not add moz or fields. If they do then they are stupid. Just wait it out now with the improved offer, and then once denver realizes the nets have no chance, then they will accept knicks offer.
Yea i just read a report that says that whats probably going to happen is Gallo,Chandler,Curry,Felton and 1st round pick for Carmelo,Billups,and possibly anthony carter lol.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-up-offer-to-denver-nuggets-021911

STAT1

Starter
If we gave up Felton for Billups.... Boy that is a mistake. Billups is closing up shop soon and I feel with Felton's pace he is a better fit running D'ant's style of play. All this just to get Melo..(who by the way doesn't really fit into this run and gun, but he is a great player) makes little to no sense. If we give up Fields I will be pissed. **** all the rest just keep Fields as his upside is better then Gallo's and Chandlers and he does so many other things well like rebound.

I think if we kept him and dealt the rest with the exception of Felton we would be good. I don't want Billups at all.

Billups is bigtime in the postseason, I would have much more faith in him running the offense and taking big shots in crunchtime than I would Ray Felton, and I love what Ray Felton has brought to this team this year, but let's be real he was never a star before he got to NY. D'Antoni's system and playing with Amar'e has inflated his numbers, the same would happen if you brought Billups in here. Let's not forget Billups has been a star for most of his career and has won multiple championships on other teams. Yes he's aging and not quite the player he used to be, but he's still playing at a high level and can go off for 25+ on any given night. Plus he's a better shooter from distance than Felton which is obviously important in this offense, and his size helps us match up with bigger guards on the defensive end. I think his assist numbers would increase exponentially playing with 2 elite scorers like Melo & STAT.

STAT1

Starter
Throwing in Gallo or Fields is more than enough and now Mozgov too? Listen I say scrap the whole deal. Screw it we take our chances in the off season. That's way too much talent to give away.

I suspected the Nuggets would play the same games with us as they did with the Nets the first time around. They clearly would rather not trade Melo to the Knicks if they had a choice. If this is true that they're now demanding Fields and Mozgov, I personally think it means 1 of 2 things:

Either they know Dolan will give up anything and everything to get Melo to NY before the trade deadline, or it's a clear sign they're just messing with the Knicks until they become so frustrated that they pull out of the trade talks altogether, which opens the door to make the deal with the Nets.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer

Don't forget that Billups's 20 million comes off the books the same year as CP3/Deron/Dwights contracts expire. So we can sign either of the 3. So think about the future

Billups is bigtime in the postseason, I would have much more faith in him running the offense and taking big shots in crunchtime than I would Ray Felton, and I love what Ray Felton has brought to this team this year, but let's be real he was never a star before he got to NY. D'Antoni's system and playing with Amar'e has inflated his numbers, the same would happen if you brought Billups in here. Let's not forget Billups has been a star for most of his career and has won multiple championships on other teams. Yes he's aging and not quite the player he used to be, but he's still playing at a high level and can go off for 25+ on any given night. Plus he's a better shooter from distance than Felton which is obviously important in this offense, and his size helps us match up with bigger guards on the defensive end. I think his assist numbers would increase exponentially playing with 2 elite scorers like Melo & STAT.
Don't forget Billups is shooting .441 from threes this season.Raymond Felton has four career playoff games under his belt, while Billups has 139. If the Knicks would like to make a push deep into the playoffs, they will need experience.

And i know some people may look at Billups? five assists per game and say ?really?? but that can only go up if he plays with Amare and Melo. Look at Raymond Felton. Last year in Charlotte he averaged five assists per game, and look at him now?9 assists per game.

CoolClyde

The Trade

It seems Walsh and Dolan have forced Antoni's hand to lose Gallopony
in order to make Melo a Knick. Hence, this seems likely trade scenario:

Gallo, Chandler, Curry, Felton and 1st round pick for Carmelo, Billups.

with Minny being 3rd team involved to get 1st rounder for Randolph, we may end up with Sheldon Williams or Anthony Carter as well.

I say DO IT DONNIE! we only have Felton under contract for another year, I'm sure Billups will pass on ending his career in Denver, to play PG for 1 1/2 years in the greatest city in the world, dealing dimes to Stat and Melo, 2 of the highest scorers in the league. How can he pass THAT up?

After that, we go after C3PO...

Gallo + Chandler for Melo = good deal
Billups for Feltip = good deal
Goodbye Curry, dead weight lifted
Goodbye Anthony Randolph, we hardly knew ya

BEST CASE SCENARIO:
Antoni will be forced to quit, as the mob will be after his ass for not keeping Gallo in NYC.... hahahaha
:gony: