The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

STAT1

Starter
If the Knicks pass on Melo because of Timo Mozgov, his name will go down in history right alongside the immortal Eduardo Nunez, the prospect the Yankees passed on parting with that led to Cliff Lee being traded to the Texas Rangers last year. The rest is history. Hopefully we're making history tomorrow, and not this type of history, but the history of introducing Carmelo Anthony as a New York Knick.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
"I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov told CNBC. "So it's very good, it's very interesting, it's very competitive."

Read more: Knicks, Nets still battling for Carmelo Anthony services - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17438078#ixzz1EY7oWnOF
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Yep, genius and if you don't get Melo I'm sure it will be great for those players to know how much faith you have in them going forward.

Idiot.

The Knicks arn't in your league, hell we're on another planet to the Nyets so all you've done is show your small time mentality.

If Carmelo is stupid enough to join the Nyets over the Knicks then he deserves them and we'll move on just like we did with Amar'e when LeBron made a similar mistake that he's going to regret.

STAT1

Starter
If Carmelo is stupid enough to join the Nyets over the Knicks then he deserves them and we'll move on just like we did with Amar'e when LeBron made a similar mistake that he's going to regret.

If Melo goes to the Nets or any other team for that matter we have to maintain our cap space and hope we can sign DWill and superman next year. All is not lost...

elcol

Rotation player
lets hope donnie dont take the bluffs from the nuggets and nets and we sign this bastard in offseason!

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Trade Unlikely On Sunday, But Nuggets Expect Deal By Deadline

Feb 20, 2011 17:59 PM EST
Anthony_Carmelo_den_091111.jpg
The Nuggets continue to consider deals with both the Knicks and Nets, but are not expecting a final trade involving Carmelo Anthony to be completed on Sunday, sources have told Yahoo!.
But they are doubtful that Anthony remains with the Nuggets beyond the Feb. 24th deadline.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

The Nuggets continue to consider deals with both the Knicks and Nets, but are not expecting a final trade involving Carmelo Anthony to be completed on Sunday, sources have told Yahoo!.
But they are doubtful that Anthony remains with the Nuggets beyond the Feb. 24th deadline.

Oh god... Another 3 days or so of dealing with this crap.

I really hope these idiots decide to not trade Carmelo and in the end get nothing for him when he is playing in NY next year. They have got to be one of the worst FO in sports they way they have handled the trade talks from asking for this player, than changing their mind and asking for that player, or an extra pick and everyone knows they dont have a deal with NJ because Melo wont sign the extension with them.

Complete joke of an organization and they deserve the mediocre team they will have for the next 3-5 years.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
"I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov told CNBC. "So it's very good, it's very interesting, it's very competitive."

Read more: Knicks, Nets still battling for Carmelo Anthony services - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17438078#ixzz1EY7oWnOF
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Yep, genius and if you don't get Melo I'm sure it will be great for those players to know how much faith you have in them going forward.

Idiot.

The Knicks arn't in your league, hell we're on another planet to the Nyets so all you've done is show your small time mentality.

does it necissarily mean he doesnt have faith in them if he was just using them to drive up the knicks offer with not much intentions on actually trading them? or is he pulling a "well at least..." move

WrongIslander

Rotation player
lets hope donnie dont take the bluffs from the nuggets and nets and we sign this bastard in offseason!

There is no bluff from Denver, they've got no card to play. It's all on Melo. If he is prepared to wait then believe me NY knows, if not then NY knows.

Two things have played against us, the Nyets and their small time mentality and inability to realise their trade is a joke one way or another and the possibility of a lock out.

The threat of lockout allows the Nyets to overvalue for no other reason than to piss off the Knicks and that's where the bluff lies. The problem isn't with the Nyets, it's with Melo.

Let me reiterate it's all down to one man, MELO.

The Nuggets are screwing the entire league around. This deal is holding up other deals. If they actually wait to the deadline there wont be nearly as much player movement as it could be. I'm beginning to hate EVERYTHING DENVER...

WrongIslander

Rotation player
does it necissarily mean he doesnt have faith in them if he was just using them to drive up the knicks offer with not much intentions on actually trading them? or is he pulling a "well at least..." move

Well I wouldn't be too pleased about being used as a pawn for a PR stunt or to get at another team and if the other players are involved then we're talking conspiracy. I don't see it. This is NJ saying it's more important that they are seen to go after a superstar (regardless of outcome) than hone young talent and build properly as they should be doing because they are ALWAYS going to be second to most teams in FA.

Then again maybe that's why they are going after Melo, maybe it's their way of admitting this is the only way they can get an All Star to go to that Oligarch's playground.