The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

WrongIslander

Rotation player
The Nuggets are screwing the entire league around. This deal is holding up other deals. If they actually wait to the deadline there wont be nearly as much player movement as it could be. I'm beginning to hate EVERYTHING DENVER...

Chill, everyone stands to lose a lot more than we do. I want this deal to go through but in the grand scheme of things our whole future doesn't depend on it, theirs does.

Hate them? I don't blame them hoping the Nyets are serious because that package is worth MORE than Melo.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
eternal-facepalm-eternal-facepalm-facepalm-captain-pickard-demotivational-poster-1242264259.jpg

ftw=======

mafra

Legend
Chill, everyone stands to lose a lot more than we do. I want this deal to go through but in the grand scheme of things our whole future doesn't depend on it, theirs does.

Amen. Knciks will be fine regardless. If they don't make the trade, they'll send Randolph and Curry to MIN for a #1 pick. Then would have 2 first rounders plsu Gallo, Fields, Mozgov to deal for Deron or Paul this Summer.

My only conern is when is enough enough? In other words, at what point come Wed or Thur does Walsh just turn and go in another direction? We still have to find a way to improve for the playoffs.

DEN will drag this out... why not? They've come this far. Might as well go until Thursday's deadline and see what happens. Keeps them in the news too. Plus they may feel like it's NJ deal or nothing, and will bluff Carmelo. Who knows.

I want Carmelo. But, like with LJ, if we don't get him at least we know it's not b/c we didn't try. Well, if I discover we had our chance (last Monday) but failed to close the deal b/c Walsh wouldn't inlcude THE MOZ... sure, I will be pissed.

But people need to relax. All will be resolved by Thursday afternoon.

Hayato

Benchwarmer

Hate them? I don't blame them hoping the Nyets are serious because that package is worth MORE than Melo.

i thought they were serious, it was just that melo didnt want to sign with them. i think they really thought they had a shot but now theyre playing little juvenile games like "well it was our plan for this to happen." yeah...SURE it was

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Amen. Knciks will be fine regardless. If they don't make the trade, they'll send Randolph and Curry to MIN for a #1 pick. Then would have 2 first rounders plsu Gallo, Fields, Mozgov to deal for Deron or Paul this Summer.

My only conern is when is enough enough? In other words, at what point come Wed or Thur does Walsh just turn and go in another direction? We still have to find a way to improve for the playoffs.

DEN will drag this out... why not? They've come this far. Might as well go until Thursday's deadline and see what happens. Keeps them in the news too. Plus they may feel like it's NJ deal or nothing, and will bluff Carmelo. Who knows.

I want Carmelo. But, like with LJ, if we don't get him at least we know it's not b/c we didn't try. Well, if I discover we had our chance (last Monday) but failed to close the deal b/c Walsh wouldn't inlcude THE MOZ... sure, I will be pissed.

But people need to relax. All will be resolved by Thursday afternoon.

we didnt try to get lj?

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Trade Unlikely On Sunday, But Nuggets Expect Deal By Deadline

Feb 20, 2011 17:59 PM EST
Anthony_Carmelo_den_091111.jpg
The Nuggets continue to consider deals with both the Knicks and Nets, but are not expecting a final trade involving Carmelo Anthony to be completed on Sunday, sources have told Yahoo!.
But they are doubtful that Anthony remains with the Nuggets beyond the Feb. 24th deadline.

i dont understand this....it seems pretty apparent to everyone BUT denver that there is NO boo jersey deal as melo wont sign an extension, why are they "still considering deals with nets" denver needs to man up and face reality. dont they see they dont hold any power in this deal, there in no position to consider anything, melo will only sign with NY

KingofNy

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6142327

Mozgov is missing piece in Melo deal

Time to add Timofey to trade package -- and make Nuggets an offer they can't refuse

I don't want to add another player but I thinks we should just do it and lets get this crap over with. Seriously. I like Mosgov but I can't imagine we lose Melo because of Mosgov especially if he doesn't turn out to be good like the odds say.

mafra

Legend
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6142327

Mozgov is missing piece in Melo deal

Time to add Timofey to trade package -- and make Nuggets an offer they can't refuse

I don't want to add another player but I thinks we should just do it and lets get this crap over with. Seriously. I like Mosgov but I can't imagine we lose Melo because of Mosgov especially if he doesn't turn out to be good like the odds say.

Knicks are insane not to include MOZ. Heck, I prefer Sheldon Williams anyway!

skisloper

Starter

Your nuts!!!!!
dont be such a pussy....
We add Mozgov and Denver will still play games...

Trust Walsh......

Tuesday u will say lets add fields....negotiate like a man

Dario8676

Benchwarmer

I don't think it's as much the Knicks not wanting to include Moz and NY being sick of dealing with the Denver FO crap. We include Moz and next thing u know they want fields. The hell with that. The deal is on the table. Take it or leave it. Nets have no leverage as he aint signing there, and with all this crap there is no way Denver will keep him, Knicks have all the leverage.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Your nuts!!!!!
dont be such a pussy....
We add Mozgov and Denver will still play games...

Trust Walsh......

Tuesday u will say lets add fields....negotiate like a man

This is the right approach..

I don't think it's as much the Knicks not wanting to include Moz and NY being sick of dealing with the Denver FO crap. We include Moz and next thing u know they want fields. The hell with that. The deal is on the table. Take it or leave it. Nets have no leverage as he aint signing there, and with all this crap there is no way Denver will keep him, Knicks have all the leverage.

F*ck Denver. They have no other choice but to take our deal.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
why the hell do we have to add moz? does denver have any leverage in this whatsoever? who else will they trade with at this point? and if melo is a member of the nuggets after the deadline on the 24th, then theyre undoubtedly going to lose him for nothing

mafra

Legend
why the hell do we have to add moz? does denver have any leverage in this whatsoever? who else will they trade with at this point? and if melo is a member of the nuggets after the deadline on the 24th, then theyre undoubtedly going to lose him for nothing

Den could always keep him and see what happens. Not like they have to trade Carmelo. They do have a 50/50 shot at a franchise tag in the new CBA, or evena shot Melo relents and takes the extension.

Then again, they probably feel like Dolan is a tool and will crack at some point. I imagine they take this all the way until Thursday afternoon.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
"Source says if Knicks decline to include Timofey Mozgov in the package, Carmelo Anthony will be traded to the Nets."

screw this! Denver is completely strong arming us and I am sick of it. They are lucky to be getting anything.

mafra

Legend
Alan Hahn just tweeted

"Source tells Newsday Denver has told Knicks tonight that Timofey Mozgov must be included in multi-player deal for Carmelo."

I would toss in Mozgov ONLY if they pulled Balkman out of the deal. I don't want to pay Renaldo 1.6 mil next year and the year after. I need Lawson if I'm doing that.

Tough call though. Would we be cool with loosing Carmelo b/c we didn't want to part with Mozgov? Are we prepared to deal with that reality?

Should we say EF it. Call people's bluffs and see what happens. Make a run at Deron or Paul this Summer (knowing we will throw the house to get one of those players)?

STAT1

Starter
"Source says if Knicks decline to include Timofey Mozgov in the package, Carmelo Anthony will be traded to the Nets."

screw this! Denver is completely strong arming us and I am sick of it. They are lucky to be getting anything.

I'm pretty sure the Nuggets want Mozgov because they intend to trade him to the Nets in a subsequent deal. Let them have Mozgov. Prokhorov wants to bring his Russian boy home, let him have him. Timo is no big loss. We can't lose out on Carmelo Anthony because of sheer principle. Sign Earl Barron he will give you equal or better production that Mozgov is giving you right now at much lower salary.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
I'm pretty sure the Nuggets want Mozgov because they intend to trade him to the Nets in a subsequent deal. Let them have Mozgov. Prokhorov wants to bring his Russian boy home, let him have him. Timo is no big loss. We can't lose out on Carmelo Anthony because of sheer principle. Sign Earl Barron he will give you equal or better production that Mozgov is giving you right now at much lower salary.

The issue isn't just letting Mozgov go, its the fact that the nuggets have consistently been pushing the envelope. First, gallo was out of the question then they got us to include Gallo, then we say that that is our final offer and if we give in again, I guarantee they pull something else to try and grab fields as well. This is becoming like a hostage situation in the movies, and we are the cops giving in to the demands time and time again.