Ramon Sessions not a Knick YET?!

bfab99

Benchwarmer
It's taking mad long! LOL. We are definitely getting him though. I think that's the reason why Darko Milicic hasn't been introduced as a Knick in a press conference and got his jersey # yet. We just waiting for Sessions signing, so we can introduced them both as Knicks. We can't have a press conference intro of Darko Milicic only lol :peace:

ANU

Starter
yeah I'm not worried about it. donnie is competing with the clippers.there's no way he can lose this battle to the frickin clippers.i think more than anything else he'd be an asset to try and get a superstar if the with lebron, or if no lebron.lee and nate are in the boat to.

nate
lee
hill
sessions
chandler
darko

all those names could be useful in acquiring a super star player, or a lotto pick.

Last edited:
yeah man agreed.

Donnie probably although patiently doing so, wants to stick it to dunleavy for the cutino thing last year, where they said he was healthy, trade went through then found out he was a heart beat away from hitting the sand bag.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
yeah man agreed.

Donnie probably although patiently doing so, wants to stick it to dunleavy for the cutino thing last year, where they said he was healthy, trade went through then found out he was a heart beat away from hitting the sand bag.

donnie walsh actually knew cuttino had a heart problem which makes that trade more frustrating, till dis day i ask, why couldnt we get camby instead of cuttino?

JayJ44

Starter
donnie walsh actually knew cuttino had a heart problem which makes that trade more frustrating, till dis day i ask, why couldnt we get camby instead of cuttino?

Because Z-Bo sucks, and he has the worst contract in the league.

Donnie wants to trade Jeffries or Curry first. If he can't do that he won't make an offer to Sessions.

The rumor I heard is that there is an offer on the table but Sessions doesn't like it.....around 4 million for 2009-2010 and a club option for 2010-2011 and beyond. The club option gives the Knicks more flexibility if the cap is low and if Sessions flops next year (won't happen). The contract HAS to be at least two years due to Sessions RFA status-but the 2nd year doesn't have to be guaranteed.

If I'm Sessions I take the deal for 2 reasons
1. Its the best deal out there
2. His numbers will explode in NY and get a bigger 2nd contract.

What I would be asking if I was Sessions was a player option after the team option for 2010....put up absurd numbers next year and then have a chance to be a free agent again and get paid. I don't think the Bucks would even match a 1year/4million deal now-they have already moved on with the last few roster moves of Warrick and Delfino/Ukic.

New New York

Quiet Storm

You gotta remember Donnie had very little leaverage in that deal.

He tried to get Camby and LA didnt budge (nor should they have) and the reason Donnie went on with the trade despite Cuttino's condition was because he did not want to risk not being able to move Zach's contract of the books. He was not about to call off that trade because he wasnt getting a healthy Cuttino Mobley who was really not in the long term plans anyways.

Just like The Clippers wouldve taken Q-Rich from Memphis even if he had failed a physical or lost his leg in an accident the day before the trade was finalized. Zach Randolph has one of the worst contracts in the league and Donnie moved it ASAP.

Hell, he had already rejected two trades for Zach, I think Donnie's handling of Zach Randolph's contract was the best thing he did as a Knick.

Not to mention Cuttino's contract is one of our best trade chips because of the financial relief it gives.

New New York

Quiet Storm
If I'm Sessions I take the deal for 2 reasons
1. Its the best deal out there
2. His numbers will explode in NY and get a bigger 2nd contract.

What I would be asking if I was Sessions was a player option after the team option for 2010....quote]

Agreed! The player option now gives him control of his future. I think before the snag in negotiations, I suggested a four year deal with a second year team option and 3rd year player option. I think the team option just protects us from ending up with another Jared Jefferies.

Plus the rumor is that the second year is partially garanteed, meaning he will still get like 1.5 million even if the Knicks dont give him the extension which is
more than what Q.O. is from Mil. this season.

Seriously his agent needs to be smart about this. AI and his agent are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for teams to take the former MVP,All Star and scoring leader, so as much "potential" as Sessions has he-his agent- needs to realize he is still not an established player yet, not to mention his current team drafted a PG and hasnt even made him the type of offer he is seeking!

I mean really how can he be seeking the same sort of contract as Ron Artest and Trevor Ariza got having only becoming a full-time starter half way through this past season.

Look the Knicks are by far his best choice. The Clippers may give him 5 million per but no way he starts (unless there is an injury), his game will be supressed because the Clippers are going to be dumping the ball down low so much, and he will be playing with some major egos in Baron Davis and Telfair. Baron Davis has vowed to have a much better season this year which could further impact his minutes.

If He comes to NY he will start, he will get the exposure, he will have the type of freedom only Mike Dantoni gives his PGs.

I think Sessions is falling victim to an unexperienced agent right now. Exactly one week from now we will be a month away from training camp and Sessions will still not know where his checks will be coming from.

And that is just sad!

CoolClyde

don't hold your breath for ramon

It's plain to see Donnie doesn't want to spend ANY money in 2010, we might as well forget signing Sessions, as we're required to offer more than 2 years. Donnie will use the MLE on a 1-year contract, and leave Plan 2010 From Outer Space in place, so all our eggs can be in 1 LBJ basket. DLEE and N8 will be signed for 1 year, unless a S&T happens for DLEE; his agent feels so dissed that no one in the world is offering 10-12Million/year, he'd rather see DLEE go somewhere else. N8 will sign for 1 year, once our PG situation is solidified (his mom will drive him to MSG for games). I don't see Sessions being a Knick at this point. With no expectations, there's no disappointment. Good luck to Chubby's wallet. See Sessions ride a bench this season behind 1 or 2 PGs. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. If No-D'antoni had such major pull signing his god-son with the #8 pick, how come brother Dan No-D'Antoni has no pull with Sessions, he coached the friggin kid!

from Knickfans.net (http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=2374)
"The lightning quick Sessions is just 23, is ready to explode into the limelight, has a pass-first mentality, and is a hard worker, having crawled his way from the developmental league. Dan D?Antoni coached him in AAU and he and his brother are convinced that Sessions has what it takes to man the point in this system. He?s a big guard, and strong. He is also young enough to be a building block to future success. It will eat into the 2010 cap a touch to sign him, but Donnie Walsh should be flexible. We?ve seen how hard it is to find a quality point guard in this league....

Donnie has not shown any flexibility re Plan 2010 From Outer Space, hell, he probably can't even touch his toes!!

:smokin:

latiger12

Rookie
Donnie wants to trade Jeffries or Curry first. If he can't do that he won't make an offer to Sessions.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Agreed, hopefully we can get this deal worked out sooner that later...crossing fingers!

It's plain to see Donnie doesn't want to spend ANY money in 2010, we might as well forget signing Sessions, as we're required to offer more than 2 years. Donnie will use the MLE on a 1-year contract, and leave Plan 2010 From Outer Space in place, so all our eggs can be in 1 LBJ basket. DLEE and N8 will be signed for 1 year, unless a S&T happens for DLEE; his agent feels so dissed that no one in the world is offering 10-12Million/year, he'd rather see DLEE go somewhere else. N8 will sign for 1 year, once our PG situation is solidified (his mom will drive him to MSG for games). I don't see Sessions being a Knick at this point. With no expectations, there's no disappointment. Good luck to Chubby's wallet. See Sessions ride a bench this season behind 1 or 2 PGs. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. If No-D'antoni had such major pull signing his god-son with the #8 pick, how come brother Dan No-D'Antoni has no pull with Sessions, he coached the friggin kid!

from Knickfans.net (http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=2374)
"The lightning quick Sessions is just 23, is ready to explode into the limelight, has a pass-first mentality, and is a hard worker, having crawled his way from the developmental league. Dan D?Antoni coached him in AAU and he and his brother are convinced that Sessions has what it takes to man the point in this system. He?s a big guard, and strong. He is also young enough to be a building block to future success. It will eat into the 2010 cap a touch to sign him, but Donnie Walsh should be flexible. We?ve seen how hard it is to find a quality point guard in this league....

Donnie has not shown any flexibility re Plan 2010 From Outer Space, hell, he probably can't even touch his toes!!

:smokin:

Apparently Sessions needs at least a 2-yr deal....but the 2nd year doesnt need to be guaranteed. The Knicks can sign him and not have him eat up any 2010 cap space by letting him go after next year. I assume this is the issue that is holding up Sessions signing right now-his camp wants it guaranteed, but the Knicks won't do so unless they could trade Jefferies or Curry.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Walsh is not budging one bit on having plenty of cap space for 2010. This leads me to believe that, although a violation, he has some verbal agreement with a top tier player for that year. He's being extra careful with the Sessions signing. Why not sign Sessions now and continue trying to trade Jeffries up until the trade deadline? He won't do that. Its like he doesn't want one mistake to happen with the cap. Its just my opinion but I think there's a an agreement already in place for 2010.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Walsh is not budging one bit on having plenty of cap space for 2010. This leads me to believe that, although a violation, he has some verbal agreement with a top tier player for that year. He's being extra careful with the Sessions signing. Why not sign Sessions now and continue trying to trade Jeffries up until the trade deadline? He won't do that. Its like he doesn't want one mistake to happen with the cap. Its just my opinion but I think there's a an agreement already in place for 2010.

if true, as a Knick fan, I would not accept anything less than LEBRON JAMES. We've gotta get Lebron James or 2010 Plan AKA, "we wait 2 years" is a failure in my opinion. Like we all know, Lebron can WIN WHERE EVER he goes. I think he'll choose New York. Mike Dantoni (got Gold with Lebron in Olympics) better be talkin with Lebron behind scenes. Lebron or NOTHING man! For real.

Toons

is the Bo$$
if true, as a Knick fan, I would not accept anything less than LEBRON JAMES. We've gotta get Lebron James or 2010 Plan AKA, "we wait 2 years" is a failure in my opinion. Like we all know, Lebron can WIN WHERE EVER he goes. I think he'll choose New York. Mike Dantoni (got Gold with Lebron in Olympics) better be talkin with Lebron behind scenes. Lebron or NOTHING man! For real.

Im with u on this one.

sessions/douglas
chandler/n8/hughes
gallo/harrington
Lebron/ J. Hill
Darko/ Curry

keep n8, package jefferies and lee together for a small team to get a draft pick and sum cash. trade duhons expiring contract with curry for another shot blocker and a second rounder.....

only if i can do this with a snap of my finger

Im with u on this one.

sessions/douglas
chandler/n8/hughes
gallo/harrington
Lebron/ J. Hill
Darko/ Curry

keep n8, package jefferies and lee together for a small team to get a draft pick and sum cash. trade duhons expiring contract with curry for another shot blocker and a second rounder.....

only if i can do this with a snap of my finger

I am i die hard basketball fan and knicks fan and i don't wanna see Lebron here in 2010 I think we will find the way we need to get better back ups and roleplayers and some veterans not hope we get a superstar or two we need to build our team to have chemistry we need Lee Gallo Chandler Harrington and all our guys with a little guidance and strict coaching we can be a 3rd seed powerhouse trust me it should take 2yrs like when dantoni first came to Phoenix............ Don't go out looking for diamonds when we have rubies here looking to be polished

I am i die hard basketball fan and knicks fan and i don't wanna see Lebron here in 2010 I think we will find the way we need to get better back ups and roleplayers and some veterans not hope we get a superstar or two we need to build our team to have chemistry we need Lee Gallo Chandler Harrington and all our guys with a little guidance and strict coaching we can be a 3rd seed powerhouse trust me it should take 2yrs like when dantoni first came to Phoenix............ Don't go out looking for diamonds when we have rubies here looking to be polished

dude what the hell r u talking about
i dont know who u have been watching all of these years, but LEe gallo chandler and harrington will never develop into the type of players who will win a title on their own. Mike D developed Amare into a power house, and the suns signed a back to back Mvp by the name of nash. I do not want to hear for a second this knick team being compared to the suns of a few yrs ago. across the board we dont compare.

you are out of your mind if you believe that

hughes is better than Raja Bell
Nate is better than Nash
Chandler is better than diaw
Lee is better than Marion
and Curry is better than amare

Not to mention those teams had joe johnson a prime Q rich
Barbosa, and James Jones hitting 3s all day.

Im sorry

if we want to win a championship

Role players and what we have are not going to even get us into the playoffs

We neeed lebron or wade or amare or bosh in order to get to the next level.

Because no matter what if we dont sign them, they will be on the opposing team eating up david lee in a 5 game series.

dre48ny

Rotation player
The Lee situation is getting stickier by the day. N8 will be a cheap option this year and perhaps next year. I'm all for getting LeBron even if it means losing Lee. It's too early to jump the gun because we have to see if there's a market for Jefferies and Curry. Walsh is sticking to the plan, this is why he can't commit to Sessions just yet.

Andy (DC-Metro)

Who is the player or team that no one is talking about that is on your radar screen? Please dont say Durant or THunder- I'm already driving that bandwagon with Simmons riding shotgun
John Hollinger (3:27 PM)

Player -- Ramon Sessions. Most underrated player in the league. Will be a big-time pick up for the team that lands him. As for teams, I think the consensus is largely accurate right now, but there's one quasi-surprise team I'm keeping my eye on pending future moves this summer.

I'm not the only one who feels that Sessions will be a steal at 4 million....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28036