Ramon Sessions not a Knick YET?!

jimmy infamous in wauwatosa, wi:
I'm so incredibly tired of reading a whole lot of nothing when it comes to where ramon sessions will be. Where do you see him going, and if it's not with the bucks, how do you see the combo of jennings and ridnour?

hw_icon.gif

Jason Fleming:
I think he'll end up with Clips or the Knicks, and wherever it is they are going to get one hell of a deal for a very good young guard.
As for the Jennings/Ridnour combo, I like it. I think we'll see Ridnour starting in the beginning, but if Jennings keeps showing what he has so far he should take the job. I like Ridnour as the backup in that case, because he can be trusted to play a solid game. It's a good duo.

Jeremy in Brooklyn, NY:
How will my Knicks do this year (assuming they re-sign Nate and Lee, and sign Sessions)?

hw_icon.gif

Jason Fleming:
With that lineup I think they are a 7 seed in the East, honestly. However, my prognosticcation is based on Sessions first, then the other two. If they don't get Sessions they are a lottery team. If they get Sessions and Lee, playoffs.

Another NBA writer who feels that Sessions is an important piece to the team. 4 million will be a steal....and pretty much everyone who covers the NBA knows it!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=436

Walsh is not budging one bit on having plenty of cap space for 2010. This leads me to believe that, although a violation, he has some verbal agreement with a top tier player for that year. He's being extra careful with the Sessions signing. Why not sign Sessions now and continue trying to trade Jeffries up until the trade deadline? He won't do that. Its like he doesn't want one mistake to happen with the cap. Its just my opinion but I think there's a an agreement already in place for 2010.

I definitely agree, Sessions should be on our squad this year. He is exactly what the Knicks have been wanting in a PG so I really don't understand why Walsh is taking this approach (other than the fact that he wants to squeeze every last penny out of it, which is getting a little annoying at this point). Sessions really doesn't have many options so both sides need to come to realize that something needs to get done sooner rather than later.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
What is Donnie Doing?

Assuming that Donnie never had Rubio in his sights, his "patience" with respect to signings beyond 2010 appears to be designed to provide maximum flexibility for the 2010 free agents.

Putting aside qualifying offers for Crawford and Hunter, but counting the team options for Gallinari and Chandler, the Knicks current 2010 commitments are $11,276M for Curry, $6.883 for Jefferies, $3.304M for Gallinari, $2.130M for Chandler, $2.669M for Hill and $1.071 for Douglas. The total is $27.333M.

It appears that Donnie will work out one year contracts for Lee and Nate. Perhaps that is what he wants to do with Sessions. Of course, then why did he offer Kidd and Hill contracts extending beyond 2010?

The cap for 2010 is now projected to be about $53M. A max contract, I believe, is 30% of the cap. Thirty percent of $53M is about $15.9. If we get one max contract free agent at $15.9 and do not eliminate Curry or Jefferies, we will have $43.233 in contracts for only 7 players. I believe we have to have at least 13 on the roster and, even at the minimum of about $500,000 each, or a total of $3M, we will have no room for a second max or near to max free agent.

The elimination of Jefferies will help, but not that much. If we still have Curry, there is no way to get a quality second 2010 free agent.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
^ So essentially the success of the 2010 plan (i.e. having a contending team for the 2010-2011 season) rides solely on getting rid of Curry by the trade deadline. If this does not happen, we're screwed. If it happens we should all celebrate, for it will be a great day and everything else will fall in to place.

I wonder if any max contract free agents would sign with a team with only six players (Jeffries, Curry, Gallo, Hill, Douglas, Chandler). In fact why would Lebron, Wade or Bosh leave their current teams for that group (two decent SFs and a bunch of scrubs)? Their current teams are much better.

I guess the other option if Curry is not traded would be to sign multiple non-max-contract free agents. For the price of Lebron, we could get at least two quality players. Then wait for 2011 for Jeffries' and Curry's contract to expire and go after a max free agent then (Paul, Melo, etc.)

Jeffries is tradeable. Especially with Mobley's contract. I'm really suprised we haven't heard more talk/rumors of Jeffries being traded. If he's not traded in the next couple weeks, Sessions will not be a Knick.

Plus, Mobley's contract loses value the closer we get to the trade deadline. It would be such a waste if we just let it expire.

This waiting around is getting frustrating. When will something happen?!?

^ So essentially the success of the 2010 plan (i.e. having a contending team for the 2010-2011 season) rides solely on getting rid of Curry by the trade deadline. If this does not happen, we're screwed. If it happens we should all celebrate, for it will be a great day and everything else will fall in to place.

I wonder if any max contract free agents would sign with a team with only six players (Jeffries, Curry, Gallo, Hill, Douglas, Chandler). In fact why would Lebron, Wade or Bosh leave their current teams for that group (two decent SFs and a bunch of scrubs)? Their current teams are much better.

I guess the other option if Curry is not traded would be to sign multiple non-max-contract free agents. For the price of Lebron, we could get at least two quality players. Then wait for 2011 for Jeffries' and Curry's contract to expire and go after a max free agent then (Paul, Melo, etc.)

Jeffries is tradeable. Especially with Mobley's contract. I'm really suprised we haven't heard more talk/rumors of Jeffries being traded. If he's not traded in the next couple weeks, Sessions will not be a Knick.

Plus, Mobley's contract loses value the closer we get to the trade deadline. It would be such a waste if we just let it expire.

This waiting around is getting frustrating. When will something happen?!?

I don't see why we can't sign Sessions to a deal where the 2nd year of the contract is unguaranteed. (2010 season) This gives us the option of keeping him cheaply and if we need the cap space in 2010 we can just cut him! I would think the hold-up has been Sessions hoping and waiting for a better offer, but he has to realize this is his best deal. Starting for the Knicks would only increase his value the next time he becomes a free agent with the numbers he puts up in this system.....

dude what the hell r u talking about
i dont know who u have been watching all of these years, but LEe gallo chandler and harrington will never develop into the type of players who will win a title on their own. Mike D developed Amare into a power house, and the suns signed a back to back Mvp by the name of nash. I do not want to hear for a second this knick team being compared to the suns of a few yrs ago. across the board we dont compare.

you are out of your mind if you believe that

hughes is better than Raja Bell
Nate is better than Nash
Chandler is better than diaw
Lee is better than Marion
and Curry is better than amare

Not to mention those teams had joe johnson a prime Q rich
Barbosa, and James Jones hitting 3s all day.

Im sorry

if we want to win a championship

Role players and what we have are not going to even get us into the playoffs

We neeed lebron or wade or amare or bosh in order to get to the next level.

Because no matter what if we dont sign them, they will be on the opposing team eating up david lee in a 5 game series.

Wtf are you talkin about do you think a loser like bosh is going to take us to the next lvl idiot the raps only made the playoffs 2yrs ago because of tj ford not bosh...... bosh is like lee he only flourishes on a shitty team bcuz he gets more room to breathe let david lee get the same amount of touches bosh does look at wat harrington did when he got more mins 20.2ppg omg wtf any good player is going to look like superstar on a shitty team look at kevin martin or al jefferson they got all star #'s..... all good teams need role players look at 08 celtics role plaers and vetans in cassel and pj brown andw/o them the celtics don't win role players are a key

bfab99

Benchwarmer
David Kahn is a faggit. That's all I'm sayin man. He talks like a faggit. He does some faggity moves for his team. And he drafts Rubio for his looks only (Rubio aint comin to a small market) which raises suspicion of him being a faggit. What a faggit!