18-10

Is .500 realistic?

• It would be nice....but naw it isnt gettin done this year

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • We'd have to dig down deep to do it, but it is somewhat possible!

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • An 18-10 record is highly realistic

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

johnstarky

Rotation player
I agree that I also wouldn't be disappointed if the knicks didn't make the playoffs as no one expected it from them all season. It would be a nice surprise if they did, but can't cry if they don't.

Knicks have pretty much no chance of getting a top 3 pick next year..I think its something crazy like .3%..I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Well watching them miss the playoffs and getting a better pick is a lot better than making the playoffs,getting a cheaper pick because of it and failing to advance past the first round.

Even if they don't get a top 3 pick, this team is in a rebuilding process and they have to get the best young players available for their future.I would hate to see a team like the Bulls finish ahead of them in the draft lottery once again or a team like Milwaukee in which noone cares about.I want the Knicks to win every game that they play this season but at the same time I don't mind them missing the playoffs.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I just knew that Denver was going to lose to the Bucks.Now that I think about it, I wouldn't want to watch the Knicks get swept by Boston or Cleveland in the first round of the playoffs.Remember 2004 when the Knicks finally made the playoffs after 3 years but got swept by Jason Kidd and the Nets? If they make it this year,it's not like they're as good of a team as the 8th seeded Knicks of 10 years ago.Even if they surpassed Milwaukee and finished the season at the 8th seed, it wouldn't be exciting at all to watch them lose.I'd rather watch them in the playoffs as a contender with a chance to win it all than to watch them as a team that happened to make it there, just for the sake of watching playoff basketball at the Garden.

Co to the Sign!

I've said it before any team that makes 8th spot in The East isnt truly good enough to be considered a playoff team in my opinion. Honestly Mil. has played better than any team in the hunt and would do better than any team in the hunt for the last spot.

Look we could make the 8th spot this year and finish 4 games out of the playoffs next year, meaning we are far from a legit playoff team, so why masquerade like one?

The consolation prize for having not making the playoffs is having a lottery pick. Every team in the lottery has a shot at the number one pick -ofcourse some more than others, but look at Chi. last year- so why blow even a small chance to get a top 3 pick just to play four or at best five more games?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I don't know why, Nixon, you consider Gallinari to be untouchable. More likely than not, he's going to be unmovable. If you don't think that the front office isn't kicking themselves for drafting this guy, instead of all of the other more effective rooks, you're smoking some mean stuff.

As for 18 and 10, it's not happening. The knicks have no inside D, and teams will continue to exploit that. Tim Thomas is way better than Hughes and should have been getting Q's minutes, or even starting... alongside Chandler. Because they didn't give him real minutes, it wasn't clear how well he was playing. Bulls won out, on this one.

I'm sure the Knicks will blow their pick, again, this year. Maybe they should go back to the wellspring of talent that is Italy, for another awkward, goofy, one dimensional basketball player. And you can all make excuses for him and tell people like me that they must wait five years, before being able to criticize.

P.S. Don't hold your breath for 2010: I don't think Lebron wants to play for either the Knicks or the Grizz.