2017 NBA Playoffs

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
HORRIBLE officiating tonight for both teams. Long game with all the stoppages to. I wanted the Warriors to win, but I get to see another game. I'd like them to win in Golden State next Monday too. Why is it on Monday anyway? The Finals should be on a Sunday!

Kiyaman

Legend
Tristan Thompson played 36 minutes tonight rather than the 20 minute playing-time Tristan receive in last 3 games.
Kyrie Irving ball-hogging will help GS win next game .. Cavs shot 53% from 3's 24-45 .. previous game Cavs shot 27% from 3's 12-44

tiger0330

Legend
For one night the Warriors could not take away what the Cavs do even more than the Dubs and that is to shoot the 3. Warriors accomplished what they came to CLE for and that's to win a game. I thought Korver and DWill would have more of an impact in the finals and I think both have to play better if the Cavs are going to take this to game 7 for the chance to make a greater comeback than last year.

Glad this wasn't a sweep and GS fans get the chance to see the Dubs clinch this on Monday.

mafra

Legend
That's why I was impressed with CLE in game 3, when they had a 6 point lead late..... b/c they were about to beat GSW on a night they couldn't hit 3s and there bench outplayed at home while GSW played great....

You knew CLE would win 1 home game just going nuts from 3.....

Who knows how tonight plays out had CLe won the last game.... but we were so close from a 2-2 tie going back to Cali.

tiger0330

Legend
NBA allows 2 full days travel between the teams cities. Game 6 is on Thursday when they return to CLE and game 7 is next Sunday back in Oakland. I don't see it going 7 but you can't rule out the Cavs. That bench with DWill and Korver need to get it going.

paris401

Starter
NBA allows 2 full days travel between the teams cities. Game 6 is on Thursday when they return to CLE and game 7 is next Sunday back in Oakland. I don't see it going 7 but you can't rule out the Cavs. That bench with DWill and Korver need to get it going.

agree.. but korver blows... and dwill is old.... I'd like to see it go 7... after the last game, my basketball fix is done until nov...

mafra

Legend
If Irving repeats what he did year, outplay Curry Games 3-7.... Then LJ-KI can match Curry-KD offensive production.

From there, CLE needs Love and Thompson to combine for at least 10 off rebounds; and they need 35+ percent of their 3s to fall. Korver or JR or DWill or Shump or Jefferson have to get 20 combined points from this group, at minimum

I think CLE should let KD get his but play hard defense on Klay and Curry.... make them miss and be inefficient.

LJ and Irving get your 70.... You get 20 from Love/TR combo.... along with 20 from your 3bunch corps..... that puts CLE at 110 and it comes down to closing game....

CLE will winGame 5 if the follow this blueprint. They win it with offense.... TT and Love own boards and the paint.... James and Kyrie close, and they get help from gang, knocking down shots.

Get back to CLE and go from there.

First quarter is going to be wild!!!! GSW will come out firing.

tiger0330

Legend
They are not one of the great teams in the NBA .. GS are the best team in the weak WATER-DOWN NBA .... If Barkley was on the TMC GS Warriors it would be the same team they have today
ESPN had a who is the best team ever poll and this Warriors team came in second next to the 72 win MJ Bulls team. 42% to 39% in favor of the Bulls, no other team was close. I agree with the poll, one of the greatest teams ever assembled, they would be looking at 3 straight Larry O'Brien trophies if Dray wasn't suspended last year. Let's see how long they can keep this group together, their payroll and luxury tax will soon become the biggest in the NBA bigger than the Cavs so they may have to make some decisions.

mafra

Legend
Shaq would've scored 100 points vs Zaza.... Kobe would've went nuts.... SA Spurs just as good.... Boston Celtics teams and even NYK of early 70s.... Malone and Barkley and Julius and Cheeks would've put up a fight...

GSW a great team and ranks up there but I wouldn't push my chips in on "best ever" yet.

I do know this.... GSW without Durant has no chance beating Lebron. Cavs win in 5 without KD. Kyrie and Lebron are too good of a 1-2 punch that Klay, Curry, DG and the bunch wouldn't beat CLe by themselves. KD pushes them over the top.

jimkcchief88

All Star
CAvs should have ridden JR's hot hand last night instead of "little Kevin" and KK; neither one of those guys showed up..if I was PJAx I would call CAvs and offer Melo for K Love straight up while Little Kevin's value is low

mafra

Legend
I agree. If you won't ride JR while he's hot, knowing he catches fire and is unstoppable in spurts.... then why put up with his antics and all the negative stuff?

Love, TT, Korver, Jefferson, and Deron were a combined disgrace last night.

tiger0330

Legend
You don't think Curry was mocking taking a dump on CLE court? Video is clear.... despite the attempt to explain it away.

Not sure how athletes will handle Trump, really. But Bill Clinton, as Gov of Arkansas, allowed crack to flood the ghettos during the '80s.... go read about Mena airport, and how CIA used cocaine to grow a black ops bank roll.... this did much more damage to "black" communities and families than anything Trump could inflict with his tomfoolery and idiotic braggidocious tongue.
Warriors decided unanimously not to visit the Trump White House this year. It's not about the White House because they visited Obama when they won in 2015, it's about Trump and is a protest of his policies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...isit-donald-trump-nba-champions-a7787706.html

tiger0330

Legend
CAvs should have ridden JR's hot hand last night instead of "little Kevin" and KK; neither one of those guys showed up..if I was PJAx I would call CAvs and offer Melo for K Love straight up while Little Kevin's value is low
That ship sailed in Feb. Griffin would probably not pick up the phone if his secretary told him Phil Jackson of the Knicks in on the line for you. A Melo for KLove deal is not happening.

Broadway

All Star

Broadway

All Star
That ship sailed in Feb. Griffin would probably not pick up the phone if his secretary told him Phil Jackson of the Knicks in on the line for you. A Melo for KLove deal is not happening.

I don't know if Love is the get back but this may be revisited sooner than later. Lebron can jump ship again after next yr. I think Cavs want to head into next yr with something more long term rosterwise.