7 Deals For Jeffries

paris401

Starter
if we get rid of 'ugly', that leaves us with a roster of '5' with a salary of 20m- if the cap is 52, leaves us 32m to spend.. 'if' we sign 'bron and give him 15/16m (whatever may be the max), leaves us 16m or so with '6' players.. 'if' we sign another max for the 15/16m left, leaves us with '7' players, no $$$., and i think the min. roster is 12 players...

and i still question why 'bron would want to come to ny .. to play with zepole, and the cast of nobodies???

Paul1355

All Star
The only deals I see possible are for Adam Morrison, Kyle Korver and possibly Steven Hunter. If we throw in one of our 2nd round picks, one of these deals should be done.

This statement here really bothers me:
Now, there?s even a growing sentiment that Jeffries is too valuable for New York to trade away for additional long-coveted cap space. Sticking to the original script for Donnie Walsh, however, let?s take a look at possible trade partners.

When Donnie says he won't do a trade unless it improves our chances of getting to the playoffs this year, then I tend to think this might be true.

WTF?!? Is sacrificing the 2010 plan really worth POSSIBLY making the playoffs this year? Donnie (and many people) seem to think Lebron is just going to sign here because it's New York. This is ridiculous and setting us up for major disappointment.

Nobody is going to sign with us if Jeffries is not traded. And lets be realistic, we're not making the playoffs this year. Dump Jeffries and lets continue with the 2010 plan.
I agree with you....the one i like most is Kyle Korver...all we do is jack up shots and he always makes the outside shot so he would be perfect. He can also run as a SG because Larry Hughes never sees playing time anyways, which he should see.

Jeffries sucks so bad that he has been a starter on this team all season and teams still don't think he is worth a penny.

skisloper

Starter
if we get rid of 'ugly', that leaves us with a roster of '5' with a salary of 20m- if the cap is 52, leaves us 32m to spend.. 'if' we sign 'bron and give him 15/16m (whatever may be the max), leaves us 16m or so with '6' players.. 'if' we sign another max for the 15/16m left, leaves us with '7' players, no $$$., and i think the min. roster is 12 players...

and i still question why 'bron would want to come to ny .. to play with zepole, and the cast of nobodies???

Curry's 11 million comes off the following season.....Meaning Lebron gets to build his team.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Replace Jeffries,Curry and D'antoni with Lebron, Dwight, and Byron Scott and you have yourself a Knicks dynasty.