8th Pick .. 6.5 PG Frank Ntikilina aka Frank Nitty

mafra

Legend
It's all context here.... he probably is talking about a 19-yr-old Ntikilina. The player right now.

Kid is too athletic and smart not to improve his offensive game. This isn't Charlie Ward.

He seems more like a Mark Jaxson and Clyde Frazier type. A willing defender and distribute who will blossom into an offensive player.

His shooting form looks good. He can dribble and penetrate. Anyway, let's not get carried away just yet.

Bottom line: kid flashed the potential that made him out pick. We didn't want the shooter (Monk) or the scorer (DSJ); and we felt he had the higher ceiling than Mitchell.

From what I watched last night.... I understand why our scouts were tantalized....

He is coachable. Smart. Athletic. And he's the type of PG I prefer to build a team around.

dk7th

Benchwarmer
Frank made all the passes yesterday.... how about that alley-oops to MB!

Check out the highlights here:

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/...107-nets-86-scenes-from-the-french-revolution

I'm not saying this kid is better than Lonzo Ball.... but after what we saw last night.... we should all be relieved that we got ourselves a legit lottery prospect.

If this kid can run an offense now.... imagine him at 22.

A PG who makes life easier for the other 4 guys.... who hands out east buckets and dunks... who plays defense and fights on that side of the floor, with vision and bball intelligence. I'm excited. I'm relieved. It's only 1 game.... but he looks like the type of player you can't take your eyes off of.

KP and FN!!!! And, to imagine this, if these 2 are the cornerstone pieces.... our Duncan and Parker.... and if WHG is a 10 year Knick and contributor and we land another stud in lottery this draft. Well, PJax's rep as exec would transform from unmitigated disaster to well, dare I say it... give him credit?

It's Clarence Gaines and Phil Jackson. To demean the picks because they are associated with Jackson is an insult to Clarence Gaines's hard work. Not saying you do this but I see it that it is a prevalent mental track among many who participate in Knick forums. Obviously I find that stupid. The man is obviously extremely competent and shrewd. The Knicks need to be tough and gritty and clever which is pretty much the opposite of what we have seen during the ENTIRE DOLAN ERA.

Anyway despite that Frank is tough, gritty, clever-- so kudos to Jackson but especially Mr. Gaines.