A realistic knicks 2010 roster

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes, we need a shotblocker who can contest opposing big men. Having Chris Bosh and David Lee both drop 22 PPG doesn't really help when Andrew Bogut is burning us for 30 PPG.

We need a defensive center. That's why I threw out the Okafor and Biedrins trades, they'd be solid big men who could rebound and block shots. Same goes for DeSagana Diop (although with his injury history, who the hell knows?)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Theres like 10 million dollars missing there because neither gay or lee are getting a max, and T-Mac will never be back in a million years, let alone starting.

Completely unrealistic if you ask me, especially considering that Gay is restricted.

How do you know Gay or Lee isn't getting a max contract?

If Rashard Lewis was able to rape the Magic into giving him a max contract, and if Gilbert Arenas was able to rape the Wizards into giving him a max contract then anything is possible.

Gay turned down a 13 million dollar a year contract that the Grizzlies offered him.

Lee just came off of an All Star season, and his agent said that he felt Lee deserved 10 million dollars a year, in 2008, when Lee was averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds. Now that Lee is averaging 20 points and 11 rebounds, he's probably going to ask for more.

I don't think either of them are worth more than 11 million/yr, but I could see them tricking a team into giving them a max contract. There's plenty of overpaid players around the league.

The Knicks are more likely to get Rudy Gay than they are to get Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh.

jpz17

Starter
First of all, you do not represent West NYC very well, seeing as you're quite possibly illiterate. I mean it is the internet, and grammar isn't exactly necessary, but JESUS your posts aren't even half-way legible.

Second, how is it ignorant to suggest that a team with Earl Barron as the starting center, and a bench with not one player with ANY NBA experience is not LeBron's first choice, let alone a playoff team? If you think LeBron is going to leave 30 million dollars on the table (guaranteed money son! Sure he can buy stocks, but if the Knicks don't perform, he LOSES money!!!) then YOU my friend are the ignorant one.

Since when are Lee Humphrey and Chris Lofton proven Euro players? Even if they were, we all know how the transition goes from Euro ball to the NBA for scrubs like them...Slavko Vranes? Yikes.

Further, how is Sergio the "best available option" when he can't crack a rotation with Douglas and Duhon ahead of him? What makes you think he gets Mike D's nod to run the team next year? There is obviously a reason he's remained a bench scrub for all these years on 3 different teams. I would argue that realistically, Collison, or even keeping Douglas is a better option than giving the joystick to Sergio. He'd be a solid backup at best, but in no way is he the best option...

i wish your sig wasn't blocked..

Last edited:

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
How do you know Gay or Lee isn't getting a max contract?

If Rashard Lewis was able to rape the Magic into giving him a max contract, and if Gilbert Arenas was able to rape the Wizards into giving him a max contract then anything is possible.

Gay turned down a 13 million dollar a year contract that the Grizzlies offered him.

Lee just came off of an All Star season, and his agent said that he felt Lee deserved 10 million dollars a year, in 2008, when Lee was averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds. Now that Lee is averaging 20 points and 11 rebounds, he's probably going to ask for more.

I don't think either of them are worth more than 11 million/yr, but I could see them tricking a team into giving them a max contract. There's plenty of overpaid players around the league.

The Knicks are more likely to get Rudy Gay than they are to get Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh.
The Arenas and Lewis deals were at a different economic time though when it wasn't uncommon for loads of teams to go over the cap and sign players long term.

Arenas played his way into the deal by leading the league in scoring and producing winning numbers, while Lewis's fat contract was the product of a sign an trade. Although Lewis isn't a superstar, you can't argue the results for Otis Smith. Since Lewis has come to the Magic, they have made two trips to the conference finals. That's not to say Lewis deserves max money, because he doesn't. But if you are a GM with an owner willing to spend any amount for a ring, then who cares if its a max or not? As long as it produces winning numbers and gets you some return on the investment.

0 chance Lee gets a max, and slim chance Rudy Gay gets a max. I think the Clippers or Knicks may offer Gay the max though.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Serious ?

This is supposed to be realistic, yet somehow LeBron comes to play with dleaguers and minimum vets...yeah about that...

Do you really think Kahn is giving up Rubio for Chandler and a scrub? This thread is a joke.

I agree this thread is just a waste of time....

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I can't understand why people think Lebron would turn his nose up at David Lee, his averages are pretty much on point with Bosh and he's only getting better.

Are you watching the NBA playoffs? Do you not understand that size matters? The Lakers are HUGE. The Celtics are huge too.

David Lee would get DESTROYED by Pau Gasol in a 7 game series.

Bosh would at least be able to hold his own.

LeBron knows this.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Are you watching the NBA playoffs? Do you not understand that size matters? The Lakers are HUGE. The Celtics are huge too.

LeBron knows this.

Yo how much bigger is Bosh than LEE?

Look it is obvious that besides Bosh or Lee we need another BIG MAN starter to play the 5, in order to be able to make a run for championship.

So besides Lebron and Bosh we still need a decent center and a good PG in order to be able to beat the Lakers, Celtics etc....

Thank you very much

smokes

Huge Member

LeBron knows this.

As Albo said above, David Lee would not be playing the 5 ideally, so we would have some size. It's not like Bosh is a renowned defensive stopper so I don't really get what your point is.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I would tend to agree with Crazy8s. We need to have a true center in our starting lineup. As the games go along, especially in Mike D's system, it would be to our advantage to run with a PF at C to maximize our fast break game. But you NEED a true defensive C at the beginning and end of games to set the tone and to bring in throughout the game to stop the other teams spurts.

Thats a damn good post man :agreed:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Bosh is a better defender than Lee...but not really by that much.

Just ask yourself this one - would you rather have Bosh + LeBron or Lee + LeBron + Brendan Haywood (via S&T)?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bosh is a better defender than Lee...but not really by that much.

Just ask yourself this one - would you rather have Bosh + LeBron or Lee + LeBron + Brendan Haywood (via S&T)?

I've said the same, but James has to be appeased and that won't cut the mustard.

Kiyaman

Legend
The first move Donnie Walsh suppose to make this July 1st is giving David Lee a 6 year contract. I'm not going to debate why or compare David Lee to any other FA. The "facts" are in watching Knick Basketball the past 5 seasons.
How much money is David Lee worth? his agent gave Walsh the $10M per pack extension 2 years ago (Walsh shouldve gave Lee the same extension Toronto gave to Bargani, $9M per where he makes 12M in his 6th season).
In the 2010 summer it's the bidding war for top FA from the next NBA team.
The Lebron dream will be over in this forum on July 15th :beer:, talk about happy! that will be the 2 spliff day :smokin:.
I will be happy after 2 years of 80% of the posts in KO forum having Lebron Lebron Lebron Lebron has come to an end. But some members will keep it going with "IF" we would have got Lebron.....

I liked the fact of the Knicks beating President Donnie Walsh tired ass Indiana Pacers team from Clark Kellog, to Reggie Miller, to Smit, to Jermain O'Neal.
Donnie Walsh career record of 22 years in the NBA shouldve convince every Knick-Fan there will not be a Lebron James in a Knick uniform.

Being "optimistic" is a great thing, but not when it includes Walsh & Damntoni. I'm just waiting for their short time with the Knicks to come to an end. A "RED-FLAG" shouldve went up when the two traded our first round picks 2009, 2012, and swaping our 2011 with a 45 win team.

Originally Posted by wnyknicksfan
Sign lebron and lee are first two priorties
Next retain sergio walker
Sign at minnimums
Zoubek
Humphrey
Lofton
Kurz

Draft
Vazguez
Varando
Trade Douglas and chandler for a 2nd rounder and rights to rubio
Plus gallo and curry we have a young but vetran leadership on one team
Sergio. Lofton. Collins
Gallo vazquez. Humphrey Florida shooting guard
Lebron. Walker
Lee. Varando. Kurz
Barron. Zoubek. Curry

I laughed at the original Post of this thread, 2010-11 roster lineup only b/c my faith in Walsh will not provide a better roster lineup than that LOL.
We would be laughed out of the NBA if we traded Chandler & Douglas (NBA ready players) for Rubio and 2nd rounders.
Sergio already proved on 3 teams he have speed but cant pass the ball worth a penny, he's a turnover machine that dont belong in the NBA.

I really hope I have to eat this post next season but I doubt it...
RESPECT
Kiya :smokin:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The first move Donnie Walsh suppose to make this July 1st is giving David Lee a 6 year contract. I'm not going to debate why or compare David Lee to any other FA. The "facts" are in watching Knick Basketball the past 5 seasons.
How much money is David Lee worth? his agent gave Walsh the $10M per pack extension 2 years ago (Walsh shouldve gave Lee the same extension Toronto gave to Bargani, $9M per where he makes 12M in his 6th season).
In the 2010 summer it's the bidding war for top FA from the next NBA team.
The Lebron dream will be over in this forum on July 15th :beer:, talk about happy! that will be the 2 spliff day :smokin:.
I will be happy after 2 years of 80% of the posts in KO forum having Lebron Lebron Lebron Lebron has come to an end. But some members will keep it going with "IF" we would have got Lebron.....

I liked the fact of the Knicks beating President Donnie Walsh tired ass Indiana Pacers team from Clark Kellog, to Reggie Miller, to Smit, to Jermain O'Neal.
Donnie Walsh career record of 22 years in the NBA shouldve convince every Knick-Fan there will not be a Lebron James in a Knick uniform.

Being "optimistic" is a great thing, but not when it includes Walsh & Damntoni. I'm just waiting for their short time with the Knicks to come to an end. A "RED-FLAG" shouldve went up when the two traded our first round picks 2009, 2012, and swaping our 2011 with a 45 win team.

I laughed at the original Post of this thread, 2010-11 roster lineup only b/c my faith in Walsh will not provide a better roster lineup than that LOL.
We would be laughed out of the NBA if we traded Chandler & Douglas (NBA ready players) for Rubio and 2nd rounders.
Sergio already proved on 3 teams he have speed but cant pass the ball worth a penny, he's a turnover machine that dont belong in the NBA.

I really hope I have to eat this post next season but I doubt it...
RESPECT
Kiya :smokin:
**** I love Kiyaman. Such a classic dude. Let's hope that eerie ability to be 100% right doesn't come through in the 2010 FA shit fight.

Last edited: