All-Star Weekend Festivities...Who's Watching

I had to work until about 11pm tonight, but I am excited to watch as much of the rest of All-Star weekend as possible. My favorite All-Star weekend of all-time was the first one after we signed Stat. He played very well for the East in a competitive, fun game and all the talk was about Melo and a pending trade out of Denver, possibly to New York. The world seemed so full of fun possibilities at the time, alas...

mafra

Legend
Porzingis, Muduay, Wiggins all have 30 points. KP with a monster game... Crowd favorite... Safe to say either KP or EM wouldve worked out fine!!! Not as good as KAT, but better that JO or DR.

tiger0330

Legend
I posted this in the Nuggets game thread but it probably belongs here. I didn't catch the rising star game but Broadway is right this year is going to be a memorable draft with KP JO KAT EM and even DR FK MH DB as potential stars.

KAT is the ROY hands down. He may not only be the best rookie but the best 5 in the WC as well. Put up 35/11 against Toronto and is averaging 23/12 over his last 8 games.

He's going to be in the Skills Challenge on AS weekend, that should be fun seeing a 7 footer competing in a passing and ball handling contest.

MN is using him correctly unlike the Knicks with KP. Most of his points were dunks or layups, took 13 FTs and the longest shot I saw him take was an 18ft baseline jumper. Didn't attempt 1 three even though he's a higher % 3 pt. shooter than KP. Plays like a 7 ft big and not a wing like KP plays.

mafra

Legend
I posted this in the Nuggets game thread but it probably belongs here. I didn't catch the rising star game but Broadway is right this year is going to be a memorable draft with KP JO KAT EM and even DR FK MH DB as potential stars.

KAT is the ROY hands down. He may not only be the best rookie but the best 5 in the WC as well. Put up 35/11 against Toronto and is averaging 23/12 over his last 8 games.

He's going to be in the Skills Challenge on AS weekend, that should be fun seeing a 7 footer competing in a passing and ball handling contest.

MN is using him correctly unlike the Knicks with KP. Most of his points were dunks or layups, took 13 FTs and the longest shot I saw him take was an 18ft baseline jumper. Didn't attempt 1 three even though he's a higher % 3 pt. shooter than KP. Plays like a 7 ft big and not a wing like KP plays.

Sure is nice when you're used properly... Plus, playing with Rubio and Wiggins a lot better (in terms of being in the most optimum position to maximize offensive smoothness) than playing with Calderon and Affalo...

Although, it behooves KP having Melo draw so much attention away from you...

tiger0330

Legend
Sure is nice when you're used properly... Plus, playing with Rubio and Wiggins a lot better (in terms of being in the most optimum position to maximize offensive smoothness) than playing with Calderon and Affalo...

Although, it behooves KP having Melo draw so much attention away from you...
I saw the box score and he made 5/8 3s, I think we both said he shouldn't be taking 10 3s a game but when he can knock them down like that its hard to stop him. He maybe the best shooting big man over 7ft that was ever in the league.

Broadway

All Star
Although there was very little defense played in the game still saw glimpses of what could be to come from this draft class. It's gonna be deep. There was a stretch of play in the game yesterday where it was almost literally Hezonja vs Booker. You had a quite a few guys not there like Turner, Stanley Johnson, Justise Winslow, Bobby Portis, Frank Kaminsky, Cameron Payne, Kelly Ubre.

Sorry all of these aren't going to be denied throughout their entire career. I'm referring to them displaying their talents

#kporzee is a priority of Rambis but not sure what the payoff will be working with him. To be honest when I said #kporzee has to be so much better than what we think he'll be in order for us to make those leaps...it really probably comes down to first and foremost disposing Melo and trying to obtain assets to build around him. It's going to be next to impossible for #kprozee to make up for all that talent in just his own draft class not to mention the couple to follow. The system needs to built around him too, starting next yr otherwise he won't peak at the rate we need him to.

Unless Melo is traded fellas, this is gonna be a fail a la DeMarcus Cousins playing with Rudy Gays of the world(this is pretty much what Melo is a glorified Rudy Gay). #kporzee has a ways to go to be individually dominant like Boogie himself. Melo has to lift his no trade clause and we need as many assets as possible to put around #kporzee. That's why everyone should be hoping this Boston/Cleveland/Knick rumor is true(Berman says no legs at this point but that Melo may be cracking)

tiger0330

Legend
Although there was very little defense played in the game still saw glimpses of what could be to come from this draft class. It's gonna be deep. There was a stretch of play in the game yesterday where it was almost literally Hezonja vs Booker. You had a quite a few guys not there like Turner, Stanley Johnson, Justise Winslow, Bobby Portis, Frank Kaminsky, Cameron Payne, Kelly Ubre.

Sorry all of these aren't going to be denied throughout their entire career. I'm referring to them displaying their talents

#kporzee is a priority of Rambis but not sure what the payoff will be working with him. To be honest when I said #kporzee has to be so much better than what we think he'll be in order for us to make those leaps...it really probably comes down to first and foremost disposing Melo and trying to obtain assets to build around him. It's going to be next to impossible for #kprozee to make up for all that talent in just his own draft class not to mention the couple to follow. The system needs to built around him too, starting next yr otherwise he won't peak at the rate we need him to.

Unless Melo is traded fellas, this is gonna be a fail a la DeMarcus Cousins playing with Rudy Gays of the world(this is pretty much what Melo is a glorified Rudy Gay). #kporzee has a ways to go to be individually dominant like Boogie himself. Melo has to lift his no trade clause and we need as many assets as possible to put around #kporzee. That's why everyone should be hoping this Boston/Cleveland/Knick rumor is true(Berman says no legs at this point but that Melo may be cracking)
More to do with LaLa loving NY, I don't see Melo going to play with Lebron with him being married to LaLa, her and Melo will think hard about going to Cleveland to win a ring with the Warriors around. Phil should never have traded a few million on Melo's contract for his no trade clause.

The rumor about KD going to the Warriors makes me puke. Yes it might be legal but damn it's like Verizon and ATT merging to become the biggest wireless co. in America, the Justice Dept. would never allow it.

Broadway

All Star
Great Stuff from Towns...really cool watching him treat this competition seriously and by doing so he came away victor in a little man's skills game

tiger0330

Legend
Great Stuff from owns...really cool watching him treat this competition seriously and by doing so he came away victor in a little man's skills game
Unbelievable skill from a big man, better than Boogie as far as handle. He kept up with the much smaller and mobile IT, they both got to the line for the final shot at the same time and made his shot before IT.

He maybe the best 5 in the WC right now at 20, sorry Boog.

mafra

Legend
Jimmer Fredette was named D-League All-Star Game MVP after scoring a D-League All-Star record 35 points on Saturday.

Fredette, 26, has been playing with the Westchester Knicks this season.

tiger0330

Legend
Jimmer Fredette was named D-League All-Star Game MVP after scoring a D-League All-Star record 35 points on Saturday.

Fredette, 26, has been playing with the Westchester Knicks this season.
I'd bring him up on a 10 day if PJ can't do a trade but I can see why PJ wouldn't, bad D and can't shoot as well as Jose. I saw him do things around the basket in Westchester but he may not get those shots in the NBA. Nobody picked up Wroten probably because of that knee.

I'd bring him up on a 10 day if PJ can't do a trade but I can see why PJ wouldn't, bad D and can't shoot as well as Jose. I saw him do things around the basket in Westchester but he may not get those shots in the NBA. Nobody picked up Wroten probably because of that knee.

Yeah, I think this is the bottom line on Jimmer. He is bad defensively and while he scores a lot of points, he does it with a crazy style of offense that is likely going to get crushed at the NBA level.

tiger0330

Legend
The 3 pt competition is probably the most relevant competition to the real NBA. How do the 2 best at it wind up on the same team? Those 2 are head and shoulders better than anyone else in the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
I thought Gordon won the dunk contest myself. Those dunks with the mascot were great, Zach had no theatrics in any of his. Good contest.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks Photoshopped but Gordon really did this. Major hops.

LL

Kiyaman

Legend

Towns became KG project on draft night ..
Towns showed us he will have an All-Star career in the NBA ..
Towns = KG = Mchale = another Top-3 PF career .. Yep! ROY

Im not thrilled or proud of KP performance as a wing-scorer ..

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I thought this dunk contest was by far the best since 2000 when Carter was doing crazy dunks. But he didnt have competition at that time.
This one was better because there were two great dunkers going against each other.
I think Gordon should have won based on that second dunk over the mascot. I still dont understand how he did it. Best dunk i have ever seen period.