AmarMVP Stoudemire now averaging New Career High without Nash

metrocard

Legend
MSG, great thread as always.

Nash never made Amare.
Amare never made Nash.

These are HOF players who worked hard to get where they at. They're both elite, MVP caliber players, and the reason why Phoneix was elite for so long.

Only non-atheletes and the ignorant sports fan assume a player makes another player better automatically without any energy output by the player himself.

Just accept.

Sports fans love to take credit away from athletes.
I believe its envy.

p0nder

Starter
I would say nash and amar'e benefited from each other. Much in the way felton and amar'e benefit from one another on this team.

having two players of that type of all-star caliber putting in work and playing hard does make things better for each other and the rest of the team. But Amar'e would be a great player even if Duhon was still running the point. Felton, would probably have similar numbers in another high tempo system like golden state. But because they are good players they make each other better and elevate each others game.

John Stockton would still be a great player if Karl Malone never played and vice versa. But because they played together they made each other better. one doesn't make the other, they just help.

metrocard

Legend
I would say nash and amar'e benefited from each other. Much in the way felton and amar'e benefit from one another on this team.

having two players of that type of all-star caliber putting in work and playing hard does make things better for each other and the rest of the team. But Amar'e would be a great player even if Duhon was still running the point. Felton, would probably have similar numbers in another high tempo system like golden state. But because they are good players they make each other better and elevate each others game.

John Stockton would still be a great player if Karl Malone never played and vice versa. But because they played together they made each other better. one doesn't make the other, they just help.

Yep.
You got it.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
Looks like Nash needed Amar'e way more than Amar'e needed him.Great to see him take on the leader role that the knicks really needed.Stat for MVP! :beer:

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I never doubted Amare as he has a great personality and a winning mentality. He is fitter then ever and looks like he is ready to lead this team to great things. I do worry that if Melo does come how it will shape up in the team and Melo isn't the most unselfish player. I think it will be better for us no matter what, but we have a great thing going so I hope Amare will continue to have great success.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
MSG, great thread as always.

Nash never made Amare.
Amare never made Nash.

These are HOF players who worked hard to get where they at. They're both elite, MVP caliber players, and the reason why Phoneix was elite for so long.

Only non-atheletes and the ignorant sports fan assume a player makes another player better automatically without any energy output by the player himself.

Just accept.

Sports fans love to take credit away from athletes.
I believe its envy.

I wasn`t suggesting that one made the other I was simply saying that that is what people have said.

Everything you said is true of course. The athletes themselves are responsible for their own talent and talent can only be recognised by an individual`s hard work. I love watching Nash and Amare and the fact that they are now in different teams yet are still the incredible players that they are only goes to prove those wrong who say that one player makes another.

Spot on with your reply.