Balkman Has Been Offered For Artest

paris401

Starter
id rather have john salmons than artest! Artest is always injured and has his troubles off court!
salmons is a solid shooter who can step out for 3s and drive to basket for easy lay ups. Hes not a bad defender from what ive seen either.

i just duno if the kings would trade him........

salmons makes 5.4m... so the only players we could trade even up are the jandj boys... jerome 'burger-king' james... or jared 'i don't have a nickname cause i suck' jefferies...

ofcourse we can add other players to the mix... but the question is would the kings having seen our whole roster play on wed, except jerome who was seen in the corner doing what he does best... munching on a flame-broiled whopper, want any of our players...

nyk_nyk

All Star
I no longer think Collins, Nate, or Balkman are key and essential players.

Nate will never be anything more than a role player because of his defensive liabilities (size) and other factors. If we can get a relatively young all around outside shooting player for them, I think it would be the right move (no crazy contracts though).

Now if you tell me we are going to blow up the whole team and turn this into a 5 year project (get rid of Marbury after next year, trade Randolph, stick Qrich as far away from the court as possible, etc....) then we could keep those guys as role players off the bench. But they don't fit on this team where we need outside shooting to make Curry and Zach more effective down low.

Whats wrong with Nate being a role player? Role players are key and essential to a winning team. Nate can come in and give you 15 points off the bench easily. Mardy I don't care about and Balkman has value as a dennis rodman type player with more agility.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Any of you guys Met fans?

I ask, because what happened to the Mets this offseason is already happening in NY.

The Mets had a plethora of young propects that intrigued other teams. Lastings Milledge, Philip Humber, Mike Pelfrey, Carlos Gomez, ect.

Anytime a prime player was on the trading block they always were talk of getting some of the Mets kids in return... but the GM, Omar Minaya had this fear of trading young players. After awhile, teams go tired of not engaging Minaya for the young players. Eventually all these players got their playing time and had their value DROPPED like a stone in a lake.

This past offseason when the Mets needed to make a move the most, not one team called Minaya back.

Eventually Minaya traded away Lastings, who was supposed to be star center fielder, and got a lousy catcher that no ever heard of and another scrub for the outfield.

There was a time when star pitchers and hitters were frequently offered for the kids. Now no one calls at all and the Mets are stuck with kids they over sold to the fans.

Lesson Learned.

David Lee and Nate better be mega all stars one day, because soon what happend to Mets will happen here. There's good players that have been thrown around in trade talk (Kidd, A. Miller, Sam Cassell, Tracy McGrady, even Allen Iverson) If there ever was a way to get them, it would be now...before other teams catch on to Lee and Nate's bad traits and forget about them. Afterall, theres a helll of a lot more better young players in the league besides what NY has.

Personally, I'm no longer attached to any player at all on this roster. They all are infected, and this franchise has to be cleansed.

GREAT MOTHERFUCKIN POST! Omar shitted the mets out of oswalt they could have had fuckin Oswalt, but he refused to give up Milledge then he goes and trades him to the nationals for shit. Ridiculous. Geat Post and I agree. If they want Nate and Lee, fuck it, Bye Nate OR Bye LEE

Last edited:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Whats wrong with Nate being a role player? Role players are key and essential to a winning team. Nate can come in and give you 15 points off the bench easily. Mardy I don't care about and Balkman has value as a dennis rodman type player with more agility.

There is nothing wrong with being a role player. I would keep all these guys if I could. But we have a gaping hole at the SF position because we deperately need someone that can knock down an outside shot and defend. So if we have to give up a good role player or two to get one, I'm all for it. I just don't want to give up any young players that might develop into top notch players. I don't see Robinson in that category.