Ben Wallace leaving Pistons to sign with Bulls

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
Barring a trade for another PF, I'd rather have David Lee starting at the 4th spot and forget about using him as a SF. He's a terrific offensive rebounder and has decent defense. Like Frye, he's also a good free throw shooter.

I say this because I believe starting Frye and Curry together doesn't allow us to be a rebounding team. I'd rather have Frye off the bench... or even better, let Curry come off the bench so he won't be wasted five minutes into the game and stick Frye in the middle as a starter.

Awesome point!! Frye, right now, would be a great 6th man!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
sxmarbury516 said:
even tho it's scary thinking about wallace in a bulls jersey along with all the good players they picked up, u gotta look @ the bright side. DETROIT will NOT break 50+ wins. and now that is one less team in the east that has no chance of becoming a dynasty...

Wallace was a huge pickup for the Bulls and having him with Andres Nocioni makes for a very tuff lineup. Still, Wallace has a very weak offensive game, as does Nocioni, so the key to these moves, in my opinion, is PJ Brown. He will dring what Tyson was missing, stability on both sides of the ball. Still, they are a much better team now, with the moves they made. I think they still try for Harrington but if not, I see another major move for Chicago before the start of the season. I also think these moves change the Pistons more than we think! With Flip as a coach and the heart of their D gone, this is going to be a different team and they will not be the force they were!

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Actually Noch has a very nice offensive game inside and out. Wallace was a huge pick-up for the Bulls who haven't had a big time interior presence since the departure of Brand to the Clippers. The Bulls are benefiting big time from Pax as the GM. As for Crawford, after seeing him play a lot for the Bulls, I think he is the best player the Knicks have right now. That is the worst part of LB leaving because it seems Crawford was benefiting the most from his coaching. Curry is a little soft and is lazy also. He actually was shut-out for points in a high school game his senior year. He really needed at least one year of college ball. Hopefully Pat can whip him into shape.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
it took brown half the season to realize crawford has skills. jamal wasnt playing better because of anything LB was teaching him. in fact he went from avg'n 17+ppg to 17+ppg to 14+ under brown. and he was playing the 2 a lot this season also.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thats why I like Jamal so much because he can play the one or the two as needed. I don't know about ppg, but I saw a more mature, better player in Jamal in a Knicks uni than when he was with the Bulls. He may have scored more with Bulls, but he through up some crazy shots while player for the Bulls. I think LB settled him down a bit. But Jamal has mad skills. Isiah would do well to start him a PG and play Q at the 2. Now thats lethal back-court.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
jimkcchief88 said:
Thats why I like Jamal so much because he can play the one or the two as needed. I don't know about ppg, but I saw a more mature, better player in Jamal in a Knicks uni than when he was with the Bulls. He may have scored more with Bulls, but he through up some crazy shots while player for the Bulls. I think LB settled him down a bit. But Jamal has mad skills. Isiah would do well to start him a PG and play Q at the 2. Now thats lethal back-court.

this is crawfords 3rd season as a knick. herb williams had him playing better ball then larry did. crawford is a great player. hes fun to watch and knows what he's doing. the only negative thing i can say about him after watching him the past 2 seasons is, he tends to rush his shots and chuck it up even when he has a bad look. he is still young and will learn from his mistakes. in the mean time i deft would not trade him, the kid has potential.

jimkcchief88

All Star
When Jamal was a Bull, there was no shot he didn't like. I mean turn-arounds from 30 weren't out of the question. But Jamal is definetly on the no-trade list.

jimkcchief88

All Star
What's unbelievable about it??? Jamal can play either the 1 or the 2 and he is a legit 6'5"-6'6". I personally like a big backcourt because they cause match-up problems for the other team. You can always bring in a smaller guy for situational match-ups. Remember the Houston/Sprewell backcourt ??? How about Jordan/Pippen??? Shoot, Mason used to bring the ball up for the Knicks if you remember. The PG is supposed to get the ball across the timeline and get the team into the offense, points are a bonus.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But Jamal Crawford's court vision nor his penetration ability is better than starbury yet you dog starbury. I'm not saying that you're wrong tho...JC would be a good point guard but I don't think he fits better than Starbury...believe it or not starbury has the best passing ability on the team and that's the major reason I want him to stay PG. JC is tall enough for our SG since we really don't have another big guard next to Q

Finesse

Benchwarmer
Depending on the flow of the game at hand, I think a case can be made for either Steph or Jamal playing the point. Jamal has a better jumper and Steph can break down an opponent. Of course, the development (Collins) or the acquisition of a pure point guard would make the point moot.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Crawford, Marbury, Nate and Frances are in my opinion are the same player, they have the exact same game. I agree that JC is on the Knicks elite, that's why I say use him to get a more needed position player. His contract is not as bad as Steph or Frances and since he is young, he might be able to land a 3 or 4 that the Knicks need badly! Before anyone responds with a long list of 4s, the fact is that no 4 on the current roster is a defensive force so despite what is there doesn't mean that the position is secured. I have a crazy trade scenario! What about seeing if we could use Frye and/or Crawford to bring in Okafor from the bobcats. I would love to Emeka along side of Curry! Now bring on the bashing!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
no...crawford, the franchise, starbury, and nate rob do not have the same game. They all are combo guards but that doesn't mean they have the same game. They have similar games. JC uses his jumper more out of any of these guards and the franchise plays like a true SG even though he plays PG.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The 1 and Only said:
But Jamal Crawford's court vision nor his penetration ability is better than starbury yet you dog starbury. I'm not saying that you're wrong tho...JC would be a good point guard but I don't think he fits better than Starbury...believe it or not starbury has the best passing ability on the team and that's the major reason I want him to stay PG. JC is tall enough for our SG since we really don't have another big guard next to Q
I like Jamal a point because he can finish when he gets to the rack and I think he shoots less when he is playing the 1. I like the bigger backcourts. You can always bring in the mighty mites for change of pace/scoring or whatever.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
That's the point tho...when JC gets to the basket. He usually pulls up for the jumper. He's not strong enough to penetrate and bang and be physical like starbury. Marbury is strong and physical and if he doesn't finish he usually gets the foul. He's a better passer, ball handler, and has the better court vision. The only thing JC has better is his jumper and he's taller...this is why he needs to be a SG...

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Wow Big Ben leaving Pistons. The way I found out who was Ben Wallace was because he play for the Pistons. I feel sorry for the Psitons because they dont have a really good big man anymore.