Broussard - NYK/DEN/MIN Possible 3-team deal

Red

TYPE-A
If this deal goes through this week I'm wondering if MDA will do the right thing and continue to start Moz. Or will he revert back to his boneheaded self and start Gallo?

Starting lineup:

C Moz
PF STAT
SF MELLO
SG Fields
PG Felton

Bench:

PF/SF/SG Gallo 6th man
C/PF Ronny
SF Williams
G Douglas
SG/SF Walker

I'm going with Melo @ the 2,

Sloppy but effective (Galo) @ the 3

Because I would rather the Gov playing the 5 with Felton in charge of feeding our big three scorers (Melo, Galo, Amare) and the Gov complimenting and cleaning up.

And Fields being the energy guy off the bench who we can showcase and rely on

If we go small then Felt, Fields, Melo, Galo, Stat is cool for a stretch or two but our base should include Moz @ C, Melo @ 2, Fields 6th man.

If Galo gets hot cool, if not Fields @ 2, Melo Shifts to the 3...

Imo

Btw... good to see coach spelling Felton more to save his strength, Gallo is improving his balance and basketball moves look more refined, still needs work on his handle, and cudos to coach for using Moz more who is doing what a servicable big should.

Boo to Williams for passing up on that game winner, hopefully he's learned to Fire, Fire, Fire!!! That's what we do!

With Melo @the. 2 we can go big, have role players on the floor, and concentrate the majority of shots on our best shooters Melo, Gallo, Stat, it'll help really define Felts, Fields, and Moz's role as compliments.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'm going with Melo @ the 2,

Sloppy but effective (Galo) @ the 3

Because I would rather the Gov playing the 5 with Felton in charge of feeding our big three scorers (Melo, Galo, Amare) and the Gov complimenting and cleaning up.

And Fields being the energy guy off the bench who we can showcase and rely on

If we go small then Felt, Fields, Melo, Galo, Stat is cool for a stretch or two but our base should include Moz @ C, Melo @ 2, Fields 6th man.

If Galo gets hot cool, if not Fields @ 2, Melo Shifts to the 3...

Imo

Btw... good to see coach spelling Felton more to save his strength, Gallo is improving his balance and basketball moves look more refined, still needs work on his handle, and cudos to coach for using Moz more who is doing what a servicable big should.

Boo to Williams for passing up on that game winner, hopefully he's learned to Fire, Fire, Fire!!! That's what we do!

With Melo @the. 2 we can go big, have role players on the floor, and concentrate the majority of shots on our best shooters Melo, Gallo, Stat, it'll help really define Felts, Fields, and Moz's role as compliments.

I agree completely. Fields off the bench for energy would be optimal.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Salary doesn't have to match if you're under the cap, and I'm sure there are other pieces (spare parts)... These don't get mentioned b/c they are irrelevant until after the fact

Yeah, you are right.. I was thinking that under the CBA a team must take back a salary match as well.... I misunderstood the trading clause.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nicks_chances_of_trading_for_nuggets_car.html

article about how chandler's knee injury can hurt chances of the trade...also asking if he's using it as an excuse to block a trade..although he isnt acknowledging the injury

man it seems not too long ago when the yanks were gonna trade some minor leaguers for cliff lee but they were concerned with one of the players injuries/injury history and backed out of the deal last minute

iSaYughh

Starter
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nicks_chances_of_trading_for_nuggets_car.html

article about how chandler's knee injury can hurt chances of the trade...also asking if he's using it as an excuse to block a trade..although he isnt acknowledging the injury

man it seems not too long ago when the yanks were gonna trade some minor leaguers for cliff lee but they were concerned with one of the players injuries/injury history and backed out of the deal last minute

Ya. True.

Tho for Yanks it was a C/B level pitching prospect. And they foolishly refused to suck it up and add some other complimentary piece.

I hope these articles are just extensions of the mental weakness displayed by a few of Wilson's fanboys. Who think he gets in major funks and plays like shit when Gallo starts, or gets too much praise, or a trade rumor floats, etc.

And that Wilson himself isn't so mentally frail. His actual injuries, whole other story.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Broussard has been known to be very reliable when he speaks, so we most definitely should be listening to him he's saying it could do down to next week or come down to the wire but the bottom line is it looks like Melo might be knick before the offseason, Dolans pushing it and Broussard has great sources( look no further then the lebron decision ) he knows his stuff.

tiger0330

Legend
No. But Melo ain't Curry. Or anyone Isiah brought in.

Not saying it's likely, or I'm for it. But I honestly won't be "too" surprised if it happens.
Gallo Chandler and Fields score a combined 43ppg, Melo will never score anywhere near that. Donnie would never do that deal, I just hope Dolan and his boy Isiah stay out of it.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
broussard is on espn right now...apparently carmelo is pissed at the knicks and is wondering if the knicks really want him since a deal wont hasnt been done..............he said something like the knicks dont want to give up chandler...idiots give him up in a heartbeat for melo!

iSaYughh

Starter
broussard is on espn right now...apparently carmelo is pissed at the knicks and is wondering if the knicks really want him since a deal wont hasnt been done..............he said something like the knicks dont want to give up chandler...idiots give him up in a heartbeat for melo!

Wow...I hope something was lost in translation, or it's just some hyperbole by Broussard. And we aren't truly opening the door for LA....

I can't imagine Walsh *truly* wouldn't trade Chandler in half a heartbeat.

I guess we can't look like desperate slobbering dogs to DEN; but we can't play it Joe Cool forever.

STAT: time to talk to Melo.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Can someone please confirm this.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
i dont understand how u couldnt part with chandler...he's average at best, he's a BACKUP sf, we'll still have gallo to play sf off the bench who is superior to chandler

now the knicks HAVE to make a move because they cant count on gettin him in the offseason because he's no longer a rental

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Melo is pissed because we haven't gutted the team for him yet. Not because of Chandler. Donnie is not passing on Melo for Chandler. He's passing because Denver wants Chandler, Gallo and Fields. If Melo is pissed because we don't gut the team for him...then f*ck Melo. What a tool.

nyk_nyk

All Star
i dont understand how u couldnt part with chandler...he's average at best, he's a BACKUP sf, we'll still have gallo to play sf off the bench who is superior to chandler

now the knicks HAVE to make a move because they cant count on gettin him in the offseason because he's no longer a rental

Do you watch the games??? Chandler is more than "average at best" and Gallo isn't "superior" to him.

Plus why are you acting like this is true when it hasn't even been confirmed? Chandler has already been included in the deal according to numerous reports so none of this makes any sense.

I hate that the media can write or say whatever they want and we have to take it into consideration.