Can we please trade Stoudemire?!

KingofNy

Starter
Stat is the only reason Dumbtoni still has a job by the way. We would of won <15 games without Stat this season...Honestly.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Rady, Please close this thread.

Amare Staudamire has never been well-coached.

You know that he played for Mike D for almost all his NBA career?

Do you remember him playing briefly for Alvin Gentry? He was a better both rebounder and defender.

He has potential to play very good defense, but he is not coached to do that at all.

Do you remember Amare posting 6 blocked shots this season by himself?
My man, 6 blocked shots means at least 12 less points.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I am grateful for getting Amare as without him there probably isnt a way in hell Melo would of came here without another star.

In a perfect world we would of got LeBron instead, but LeBron didnt want to be a Knick, he wanted to play in Miami with his boys and have them help get him a title rather than carrying the team like he has tried in the past.

Amare wanted to be the man, he wanted to be the first star to come here and prove he has what it takes to lead a team as the best player since he always had the 2 time MVP in Nash when in PHX. There were alot of doubters in the media about Amare's leadership skills, but I got to tell you he has impressed me with how he has handled everything up to this point.

Now the only problems I see with Amare are his defense/rebounding and potential problem with his knees. We have him on the books for the next 3 years after this one if Im not mistaken, so hopefully in that period he can stay healthy and we get a coach that will coach his ass up to play dome respectable D!

Not gonna even read this piss poor thread. I stopped reading the OP as soon as he said "He'll never win a ring unless playing next to Dwight Howard"...

How many "rings" & "championships" has "Dwight Howard" ever "won"?

Exactly.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Not gonna even read this piss poor thread. I stopped reading the OP as soon as he said "He'll never win a ring unless playing next to Dwight Howard"...

How many "rings" & "championships" has "Dwight Howard" ever "won"?

Exactly.

A better question...how many misused question marks and quotation marks transforms a post from "piss poor" to "great post"?

STAT1

Starter
I'm not sure what's up with STAT but his body language is just horrible. He's not giving forth any effort on defense at all & he's being very clumsy with the ball, it's almost like he's turned into a different player since the trade went down. Last night he made Kwame freakin' Brown look like a world beater that's just inexcusable.

Perhaps it's due to some frustration over no longer being the unquestioned man down the stretch of games, maybe it's just tired legs. Whatever the case may be he needs to step up & be the leader he was early in the season. This team is not going anywhere without him back playing the way he's capable of. Him & Melo need to get on the same page & put their egos aside for the good of the team, if 1 guy is going off they need to keep feeding that guy & the other needs to exert max effort doing the little things to fill the void while the other focuses on offense. It's not always gonna be 1 guy every night, they need to figure out a way to co-exist & make each other better, not disappear while the other is putting up numbers that's no way for this team to succeed going forward.

STAT1

Starter
stat is the real franchise player... stat has won playoff games, melo has won only 1 series. Stat averaged 30 points against the spurs last year and turned our team around and since melo came around we have sucked. thats why people are blaming melo and not stat because stat is the whole reason this team is even relevant. such a stupid post

Melo has actually won 2 playoff series he made it past the Jazz & the Mavs & ran the Lakers to 6 games in the WCF in a very hotly contested series. It's true that STAT has won more playoff series than Melo has but he's also had a better surrounding cast IMHO to work with. He's played with an MVP calibre PG for much of his career in Phoenix & he's had another perennial Allstar player in Marion running on the wings next to him as well as a young up & comer Joe Johnson. Nene was never a dominant C until this season so really Melo has only had a surrounding cast of role players & either Chauncey or Allen Iverson. Camby was a great defensive C but he wasn't always healthy in the years they played together.

Bottomline is both these guys are clearcut franchise calibre talent Knick fans should feel lucky to have 2 of them on their team at this point. Now the job of assembling a good supporting cast is next on the agenda, building a great team doesn't happen in 1 fell swoop you have to build in stages. We now have the 2 stud scoring options it's time to focus on bringing in the defensive minded players to play with those guys that will complement their games.

EDIT: & a head coach that will PLAY those guys.

Last edited:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Threads like this make us Knick fans look retarded.

Yeah idk what to say other then thank god these guys don't have any power in the orginization or else we would be begging for Isiah back.

never-underestimate-the-power-of-stupid-people-in-large-groups.jpg

welcometonycity

Rotation player
This thread needs to be closed. Amare rebuilt this team. I can go off with reasons why he is wore out or hasn't played D but I'm save my time. This thread equals negative rep. Just as bad as the Amare is a fraud thread. U ain't a real Knicks fan my g.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
OP made good points. I don't want to trade him, we should be loyal for what he's done, but people are giving him a pass. He has not not had an MVP season. He had MVP STRETCHES, but not season. D'Antoni is an idiot for not playing Mozgov for so long to give Amar'e a rest. Even Felton got tired.

We should have gotten a back-up PG (Jason Williams) so Felton would have gotten his rest. Who knows, he may be still on the team along with Mozgov if it wasn't for that. I don't know why we didn't get Williams/another back-up.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
ya no doubt theyre both franchise players i wasnt saying that and i have no problem with melo just frustrated with this goon asking to trade stat.. its like the stupidest thing anyone can say