Can Zach's trade value really go up? And what can be done for it to happen?

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Two, we do have a pick this year!

Right, we do have a pick this year and that was my point. That's why winning 10-12 more games would be pointless, it won't get us into the playoffs and it will hurt us in June.

I'll say it again; if we dont trade Zach it is not neccessarily a bad thing beacuse his expiring contract (10/11) could be used in a sign and trade to land us a major player

That's true but trades like those usually don't go well. Just look at the Knicks under Isiah's tenure.

pat

Starter
New coach Dantoni will try alot of experiments with Zach in his rotation, but Zach have way to many "FLAWS" in his 20/10 performance which dont add up to 50% wins.

Sitting Zach Randolph at the start of the season will raise flags on the Knicks. But the Knicks starting schedule shows alot of loses (even with Zach in the lineup). The consistent loses will have many saying "add Zach to the lineup".

When the time come to use Zach Randolph, he should be able to fit into the system to bring wins.

What are you trying to say? Is his value going to go up or not? Will D'Antoni manage to find a winning rotation that will allow the Knicks to raise Zach's profile or not?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Right, we do have a pick this year and that was my point. That's why winning 10-12 more games would be pointless, it won't get us into the playoffs and it will hurt us in June.

That's true but trades like those usually don't go well. Just look at the Knicks under Isiah's tenure.

Just look at how The Lakers got Gasol! Isiah has given just about every type of transaction appear very risky. You have to beleive Walsh would be smarter in using an expiring contract, and wouldnt just take on another team's garbage, but rather a good player who may be on a rebuilding franchise

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Just look at how The Lakers got Gasol! Isiah has given just about every type of transaction appear very risky. You have to beleive Walsh would be smarter in using an expiring contract, and wouldnt just take on another team's garbage, but rather a good player who may be on a rebuilding franchise

Trades like the Gasol trade doesn't happen very often. Well...I guess we'll have to wait and see. We do have two big expiring contracts in Marbury and Rose this season. Let's see if Donnie Walsh will be able to get a major player from them. I wouldn't bet on it. I'm not saying it's not possible, but very unlikely.

I don't think Walsh will be as stupid as Isiah and trade expiring contracts for long-term overpaid scrubs. That's why I think he's going to just be patient and worse case scenario, we wait till the summer of 2011 instead of 2010 where we make a big splash in free agency.

Kiyaman

Legend
What are you trying to say? Is his value going to go up or not? Will D'Antoni manage to find a winning rotation that will allow the Knicks to raise Zach's profile or not?

Lets be real....the Knicks 2009 first round Protected Lottery pick belong to Utah. Do we want the 2009 or 2010 first round pick?
We want the 2009 pick, so to not look like we are throwing the season away we bench Zach at the start of the season to develope offense & defense plays with the future young players in the rotation getting playingtime vs the different teams in the league. So what the Knicks gain alot of loses early while developing chemistry. In the middle of January when players got plays intake you throw Zach Randolph in the rotation to win some games against elite teams to make him look like the Star player. That will boost Zach Trade value and Dantoni coaching value.

Alot of people would not see the future outcome of benching a star player or $14 million per season player for a month or three, unless they were coach Pat Riley, Don Nelson, Eddie Jordan, or Karl, who has done this before.

The Knicks should be looking seriously into whether they are going to resign PF-David Lee and combo-guard Nate Robinson at the end of this season.
Is PF-David Lee 30 mpg "double-double" performance worth resigning?
Is combo-guard Nate Robinson running transition performance for 30 mpg worth resigning?
The two players have great chemistry together since their rookie season however, this could be PF-Lee & Combo-Nate last season with the Knicks, so now is the time to let both players raise their value of performance early in the season playing alongside of unselfish teammates.

The Knick coach will have SF-Chandler and SF-Gallo this season to find teammates that will co-exist with them on both ends of the court, because they are long term players. Or will they sit this season out on the bench for SF-Q.Rich & Jefferies?

The Knicks signing Pass First PG-Duhorn to a two year $11.5 contract could result in Duhorn being the Knicks 30 mpg PG the next two seasons.

Whether we want to admit it or not but the new Knick coach been quiet on the topics of Curry & Crawford which could only mean that this season C-Curry and SG-Crawford is the coach shoe in for 30 mpg performance.
Working with just these two players "Selfishness" at the start of the season is easier than having to add selfish players Zach, Marbury, and Malik Rose too.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Who gives a **** about his trade value?

Giving Randolph for an expiring itself is success.

His trade value determines whether we get a crappy deal like the Clippers and Girzzlies offered us, or if his value goes up, we can get a decent offer in return.

metrocard

Legend
His trade value determines whether we get a crappy deal like the Clippers and Girzzlies offered us, or if his value goes up, we can get a decent offer in return.

You monkey, ANY DEAL that gets of Randolph for a cheaper contract is a SUCCESS...you're not understanding that simple fact.

Portland got rid of Randolph for an expiring to let their young players develop and almost play .500 basketball; now they have cap space and an elite future.

Worrying about value so much will not get us rid of Randolph.
We need to be more concerned about the contracts and getting cap space...or even an additional pick or young player.

Paul1355

All Star
You monkey, ANY DEAL that gets of Randolph for a cheaper contract is a SUCCESS...you're not understanding that simple fact.

Portland got rid of Randolph for an expiring to let their young players develop and almost play .500 basketball; now they have cap space and an elite future.

Worrying about value so much will not get us rid of Randolph.
We need to be more concerned about the contracts and getting cap space...or even an additional pick or young player.

Still, monkey...retarded insult by the way, he is a 20/10 player and teams see that and some teams are desperate for a scoring PF. So over time, this can work out better for us if we can get even a decent deal. Darko and Jaric aren't it. And giving up a pick with Randolph is definitely not the answer, those are Isiah Thomas offers.

We need a realistic offer, IF Randolph doesn't F it up off the court and scores consistently, then you will see a better offer come the trade deadline or end of this year. Guaranteed.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Who gives a **** about his trade value?

Giving Randolph for an expiring itself is success.

Yes and as you can see teams are not just wanting to give us expiring contracts, they want to give us garbage contracts and want a first round pick on top of that!

So the point of the thread was to determine will if we will be able to get deals for just expring contracts to help us get under cap, I dont think any Knick fan cares about equal talent return for Randolph, just cap relief!

So his trade value means everything because teams are not taking on a major contract like Zach's unless they beleive he can produce, so again the thread was asking what needs to be done to help convince teams he is worth taking on!

Paul1355

All Star
Yes and as you can see teams are not just wanting to give us expiring contracts, they want to give us garbage contracts and want a first round pick on top of that!

So the point of the thread was to determine will if we will be able to get deals for just expring contracts to help us get under cap, I dont think any Knick fan cares about equal talent return for Randolph, just cap relief!

So his trade value means everything because teams are not taking on a major contract like Zach's unless they beleive he can produce, so again the thread was asking what needs to be done to help convince teams he is worth taking on!

We will NEVER get an equal offer for him, but a decent one without giving up a pick is fine. The pick is where we have to really think and ask ourselves if it is a worth it. Getting Jaric who has a big contract going past 2010 AND giving up a 1st round pick AND losing a 20/10 player....come on Knick fans....it is clearly one sided and not in our favor.

paris401

Starter
Still, monkey...retarded insult by the way, he is a 20/10 player and teams see that and some teams are desperate for a scoring PF. So over time, this can work out better for us if we can get even a decent deal. Darko and Jaric aren't it. And giving up a pick with Randolph is definitely not the answer, those are Isiah Thomas offers.

We need a realistic offer, IF Randolph doesn't F it up off the court and scores consistently, then you will see a better offer come the trade deadline or end of this year. Guaranteed.

keep repeating... 48m...48m...48m.....

Paul1355

All Star
You're making no sense.

He meant never trade him and that's what I DONT WANT. I can't stand Zach but he can help a team offensively and off the boards. He has value and we should get a decent offer for him and not have to be able to give up a pick. Does that make sense?

paris401

Starter
He meant never trade him and that's what I DONT WANT. I can't stand Zach but he can help a team offensively and off the boards. He has value and we should get a decent offer for him and not have to be able to give up a pick. Does that make sense?

everytime i hear someone say 'he has value', i always ask ..what value???

portland gave him to us for free... free...all we had to do is eat his 60m+ contract..

now he has value???... i hope u are rite, but i do not see it for the next 2 years... maybe at the trade deadline in feb 2011 ... until then ..

Paul1355

All Star
everytime i hear someone say 'he has value', i always ask ..what value???

portland gave him to us for free... free...all we had to do is eat his 60m+ contract..

now he has value???... i hope u are rite, but i do not see it for the next 2 years... maybe at the trade deadline in feb 2011 ... until then ..

Every player hates Manny Ramirez but teams still go after him....why? Because he produces offensively. Zach is the same. He causes problems but he can go out there...run slower than a snail....score 20 and get 10 off the boards. Production is were his value is. He produces points and rebounds and if a team is stressing that down low....he is valuable to them. Plain and simple. And Walsh most likely turned down the offers because he doesn't want to give up the 1st round pick.

Paul1355

All Star
i don't think that's a fair comparison. baseball doesn't have a salary cap.

They make roughly the same amount but that's not why I compared them. It's because they are players that teams know they will have problems with, but still take them because of their production.