CARMELO DISSES D'ANTONI (Say tah-tah to coach)

p0nder

Starter
Carmelo is the kind of guy that always wants the ball in his hands in the crunch time. I'd be inclined to give it to him, tho the play was probably a higher percentage shot. JJ is going to follow orders, that is why MDA wanted him back because he knew that he would do what he was told. But in that situation put the friggin ball in Mr. Clutch's hands and let him do his thing.

I don't think that the writing is on the wall, the Deron trade or not. It's very likely that Donnie had no idea he was available because he was so wrapped up in trying to land Carmelo, you know that guy us fans were chanting for at home games?

Anyways, to think D'antoni is done here is foolish. Donnie brought in D'ant. Dolan trusts Donnie. The calls are Donnie's to make and he is a patient and thoughtful basketball overlord. Barring a sweep from the playoffs in the first round, I do not see how or why they would get rid of D'antoni. I'm VERY certain that the plan Donnie put in place in NY was a 4 year minimum plan.

2 years of shedding and shredding the roster mess left here.
1 year of rebuilding the team from the ground up on FA Signings, Rookie gems and potential trades, bring us to the playoffs to give NY that hunger back.
and 1 year to make it to at least the conference finals, if not farther.

I think Dantoni will certainly be here next year and if he has even a "DECENT" performance in the playoffs (ie. conference finals appearance) He'll be here for the next 2-3 at least. In 3 years time the calls for his head might start to get heard. But I can not see them replacing him in the meantime.

Y'all can holler until you are blue (and orange) in the face. The plan is in place and you are stuck with D'antoni for at least 1 more year after this, and most likely more then that. I'm already tired of the calls for the coaches head. They started as soon as he got here and now you are all in a "Fire D'antoni" trance or something.

Coming into this season I said I'd be lining up with all the d'ant haters if we missed the playoffs with the 2010-11 knicks. but here we are sitting in 6th in the east, still like 5 games up on Indiana who just stole two from us in a transition phase. Unless we fall from grace completely there is no way D'antoni gets removed this year and asking for that makes you unrealistic and delusional.

moneyg

Starter
george karl isnt a defensive coach, melo also said carl never really taught him desense aither.

that being addressed

we need a big man

i wondered if u figured out why we dont have a big man... you cant spin it.. this coach has to go....just admit it.. admiting when ur wrong is part of being a man....

your well document love for this guy has been a fail...he is a joke.. fools gold

he probably didnt want melo because melo will tell it how it is...

You just can insert Jared Jefferies into the lineup to try to mask your lack of a defensive strategy....

it would be interesting to hear felt, gallo and will's comparison between O'antoni and karl... epseically involving defensive strategies....

mafra

Legend
Carmelo is the kind of guy that always wants the ball in his hands in the crunch time. I'd be inclined to give it to him, tho the play was probably a higher percentage shot. JJ is going to follow orders, that is why MDA wanted him back because he knew that he would do what he was told. But in that situation put the friggin ball in Mr. Clutch's hands and let him do his thing.

I don't think that the writing is on the wall, the Deron trade or not. It's very likely that Donnie had no idea he was available because he was so wrapped up in trying to land Carmelo, you know that guy us fans were chanting for at home games?

Anyways, to think D'antoni is done here is foolish. Donnie brought in D'ant. Dolan trusts Donnie. The calls are Donnie's to make and he is a patient and thoughtful basketball overlord. Barring a sweep from the playoffs in the first round, I do not see how or why they would get rid of D'antoni. I'm VERY certain that the plan Donnie put in place in NY was a 4 year minimum plan.

2 years of shedding and shredding the roster mess left here.
1 year of rebuilding the team from the ground up on FA Signings, Rookie gems and potential trades, bring us to the playoffs to give NY that hunger back.
and 1 year to make it to at least the conference finals, if not farther.

I think Dantoni will certainly be here next year and if he has even a "DECENT" performance in the playoffs (ie. conference finals appearance) He'll be here for the next 2-3 at least. In 3 years time the calls for his head might start to get heard. But I can not see them replacing him in the meantime.

Y'all can holler until you are blue (and orange) in the face. The plan is in place and you are stuck with D'antoni for at least 1 more year after this, and most likely more then that. I'm already tired of the calls for the coaches head. They started as soon as he got here and now you are all in a "Fire D'antoni" trance or something.

Coming into this season I said I'd be lining up with all the d'ant haters if we missed the playoffs with the 2010-11 knicks. but here we are sitting in 6th in the east, still like 5 games up on Indiana who just stole two from us in a transition phase. Unless we fall from grace completely there is no way D'antoni gets removed this year and asking for that makes you unrealistic and delusional.

Good stuff. It's a long season, and being stuck in this rut right now we're left with nothing to do but rag on MD. As you said, he had a 2 year pass b/c we gutted the team. Still, 3 things to remember:

1) He banished Marbury. Wouldn;t even give him a chance.
2) He failed to get more out of less. Sure, he had no pressure but was it too much to ask to exceed expectations and win 38 games?
3) He did play vets trying to get wins.

BUT, he did develop kids and perhaps we wanted higher lottery pick. Still, all along the goal was playoffs this year and compete for a LONG playoff run next season. He gets to game 6 this season he earns another shot. BUT, we must do betetr than &th seed next season and first round loss.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Musk while I can agree with some of your points, I find that you're reading way too much into some of the statements that have been made. Where is Carmelo dissing D'Antoni? Where is Melo blaming everyone and anyone?

And like smokes said, Utah didn't want to show their hand until the Melo deal panned out.

Finally, you know why they insisted on Mozgov on being included in the deal? It's not because he's good and they wanted to play him. It's because they didn't want US to have him. You can see how sorely we're missing a big right now, MDA's system or not.

That being said, I don't know why the f**k we didn't pick up a big before the deadline, even a scrub 7-footer would be better than Jeffries playing center. Or at least give Shelden a chance at the 5.

Also, why the hell would you pick Jeffries to inbound the ball on that last play? He has the offensive acumen of a marshmallow.

I was and am willing to give MDA a chance, but he's beginning to slowly but surely erode any trust that I had in him.

with .3 left, the game was over regardless.
theres a 99% change that we lose the game.
we lost, stop overreacting.