Chat with Starbury Online

JayJ44

Starter
Talk is cheap. When he is finally freed we'll see who takes him and we'll see how it plays out. My bet is that it will end the same as in Minn, Phoenix, NJ and NY.

Unfortanately, you're right. If the team he goes to doesn't succeed, Marbury will be unfairly blamed, just like the rest of his career.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Who hates him? KG has said he would like to play with him again. Most of his teammates actually love him. When Barbosa first came to this country when Starbury was on the suns, Starbury bought him a car. Barbosa was upset when he got traded. This crap about his teammates hating him is myth.

Why should he take less money? The Knicks are the ones who want him gone, even though he came into shape and was willing to come off the bench. There the ones who want him gone, so they should pay him what he is owed on his contract.

The Celtics aren't the only ones interested. Mark Cuban has openly stated that he would persue Marbury. Many other teams will want to sign a player of his talent.

You are right and the Knicks are paying him what is due on his contract. And for that, they get to keep him from playing for the entire year. To change that, Marbury (or an agent if he was smart enough to have one) should have offered a sensible buyout option. 1M was insufficient. So he sits which is probably best for him. He cannot lose games if he doesn't play in any.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Unfortanately, you're right. If the team he goes to doesn't succeed, Marbury will be unfairly blamed, just like the rest of his career.

Crashing and burning in 4 different places isn't giving undue blame. It is a pattern. Obtain this player at your own risk.

JayJ44

Starter
You are right and the Knicks are paying him what is due on his contract. And for that, they get to keep him from playing for the entire year. To change that, Marbury (or an agent if he was smart enough to have one) should have offered a sensible buyout option. 1M was insufficient. So he sits which is probably best for him. He cannot lose games if he doesn't play in any.
That's not how a team should do business. If they don't want to play him, then let him go to another team. How is Marbury taking much less than what is owed to him sensible? And why is that you say "he" loses games? I thought basketball was a team sport?

Crashing and burning in 4 different places isn't giving undue blame. It is a pattern. Obtain this player at your own risk.
Once again, basketball is a team sport. Marbury can't win when he doesn't have good enough players on his team.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="player" align="middle" height="400" width="480">

<embed src="http://tube.thayard.net/player/player.swf" menu="false" quality="high" flashvars="url=http://tube.thayard.net/files/0a5efad84fd45fe0.flv&autoplay=1&watermark=http://tube.thayard.net/flv_watermark.php&buffer=9&full=0&siteurl=http://tube.thayard.net&interval=10000&totalrotate=3" bgcolor="#000000" name="player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" align="middle" height="400" width="480"> </object>

:aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::thumbsup::cool::smokin:, Marb's is the man(no homo)

Paul1355

All Star
Good chat...i just want to see him and play and if he does win a title then Donnie Walsh would look bad anyways lol.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
this was great for steph in the eyes of gm's. he appeared well-prepared, and had a nice chat on espn, sharing his feelings w.o bashing the knicks that much at all. as long as he keeps behaving im sure the teams that'll want him will just keep growing.

Torp

Benchwarmer
I submitted a question today, but I guess it was too late. Or he probably just didn't want to answer it lol

KBlack25

Starter
My beef with Steph is this: he claims he has verbal commitment from the Celtics, and commitment from another team as well...IF Stephon Marbury has commitment from the Celtics, which, if he were to join the team, would likely be the odds-on favorite to win the title this year, why wouldn't he take a severely reduced buyout?

The way I see it is this, if you believe Steph, he WILL have an offer from the best (or at least top 3) team in the league. If you believe Steph, a buyout sooner would get him on a championship contender sooner. Why wouldn't Steph just take a ridiculously low buyout (even at like $6 million) and sign with the contender that has already committed to him? Why is he still holding out for the whole $21 million when he can get a guarantedd $6 million or whatever PLUS additional money PLUS play on a contender? It just doesn't seem to make much sense to me...

Toons

is the Bo$$
it does make sense, its all about the money. the retard doesn't have an agent, and is now playing the victim. He needs the money to help his brand, and his website etc. these things need funding. If i was Walsh, and i paid, AND IS STILL PAYING, marbury, i would have him sit and rot and cry like he is now in new york. hopefully his value goes down. why would we send steph to Boston, if we can possibly lock down the 8th seed? its not good basketball.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
keep in mind, that for the season so far, stephon marbury has made more than 3 times as much as david lee, (over 10 million )and hasnt played one game. feel sorry for steph? fuq steph

let me ask you marbury stans, how much money have you made from october?
lol
marbs is laughin right to the bank with 10 million

do you see how excited people are when they hit the jackpot for a million?

well mr play it cool cashes in $800,000 checks every 2 weeks

metrocard

Legend
keep in mind, that for the season so far, stephon marbury has made more than 3 times as much as david lee, (over 10 million )and hasnt played one game. feel sorry for steph? fuq steph

lol

Your mother payed me 50 cash last nite.

Kiyaman

Legend
Papajoe, I see u are not crazy about Marbury.....NBA coaches and NBA teams wanted Marbury talents as their PG....to the point of drafting him, or trading for him, to giving him a High Max Salary contract to be the teams PG.

All my friends and relatives that lived in the same Brooklyn Projects as Marbury all say one thing "Marbury is a SG that is a dynamic combo-guard", he showed it in H.S., College, the Timberwolves, Nets, Suns, and Knicks....PG-Frank Williams & Marbury were a promising backcourt....or Duhon & Marbury would've been a complete backcourt this season.

The Knick lockerroom teammate Haters of Marbury was/is Q.Richardson, Crawful, and Tim Thomas.

Making Detroit SG-Rip Hamilton and SG-Iverson into a PG is the same as making Marbury your PG....they are Scoring-Guards.

Papajoe, u do remember Marbury on the USA Olympic team....that should tell you why coach Larry Brown demanded we trade for PG-Eric Snow the first month he was hired....which lead us to getting another SG-Francis that was posing as a PG.....dont get made at the player....get angry with the President/G.M. that dont know a real NBA PG from a star scoring-Guard.
President Dumars traded for Iverson's final contract year....he knows it will be a very long time before he gets a PG with the high caliber of leadership as Billups.....but $30M taken off the Salary cap gets a President a bonus and raise.....ask Donnie Walsh.

Kiyaman

Legend

lol

Great Point!!!

a damn shame, i use to like marbury but he is too much of a damn diva, in a game where business is important but on the other hand he should be appreciative that your being paid nicely compared to other people who work 9-5 m-f.. to play a game you should love, **** HIM

richtree

Rotation player
Papajoe, I see u are not crazy about Marbury.....NBA coaches and NBA teams wanted Marbury talents as their PG....to the point of drafting him, or trading for him, to giving him a High Max Salary contract to be the teams PG.

All my friends and relatives that lived in the same Brooklyn Projects as Marbury all say one thing "Marbury is a SG that is a dynamic combo-guard", he showed it in H.S., College, the Timberwolves, Nets, Suns, and Knicks....PG-Frank Williams & Marbury were a promising backcourt....or Duhon & Marbury would've been a complete backcourt this season.

The Knick lockerroom teammate Haters of Marbury was/is Q.Richardson, Crawful, and Tim Thomas.

Making Detroit SG-Rip Hamilton and SG-Iverson into a PG is the same as making Marbury your PG....they are Scoring-Guards.

Papajoe, u do remember Marbury on the USA Olympic team....that should tell you why coach Larry Brown demanded we trade for PG-Eric Snow the first month he was hired....which lead us to getting another SG-Francis that was posing as a PG.....dont get made at the player....get angry with the President/G.M. that dont know a real NBA PG from a star scoring-Guard.
President Dumars traded for Iverson's final contract year....he knows it will be a very long time before he gets a PG with the high caliber of leadership as Billups.....but $30M taken off the Salary cap gets a President a bonus and raise.....ask Donnie Walsh.

absolutely co-sign 100%

except I think he is a point guard and so was A.I. you just have to know how to get the best out of them by pairing them with a big 2 guard....