Chris Paul Frustrated

GetRealistic

Starter
If it ment getting Chris Paul i'd sacrifice some cap space and take Okafor as long as New Orleans took either Jefferies or Curry.

I'm not good at the trade checker BS. but i'd go for a monster deal. Us getting Okafor and Paul for a bunch of expirings and Jordan Hill, and Wilson Chandler. Hell throw in our 2011 first round pick.

Something like

Okafor
Paul
Contract filler

for

Larry Hughes (expiring contract) /Al harrington (expiring)
David Lee (expiring contract and a player they may want for the future
Nate Robinson (same as above)
Chanlder/ Jordan Hill (cheap contracts and young)
Jefferies (obvious reasons)

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
If it ment getting Chris Paul i'd sacrifice some cap space and take Okafor as long as New Orleans took either Jefferies or Curry.

I'm not good at the trade checker BS. but i'd go for a monster deal. Us getting Okafor and Paul for a bunch of expirings and Jordan Hill, and Wilson Chandler. Hell throw in our 2011 first round pick.

Something like

Okafor
Paul
Contract filler

for

Larry Hughes (expiring contract) /Al harrington (expiring)
David Lee (expiring contract and a player they may want for the future
Nate Robinson (same as above)
Chanlder/ Jordan Hill (cheap contracts and young)
Jefferies (obvious reasons)

Paul and Okafor makes 26.5 mill next year so even if you get rid of Jeffries we will have 45 mill on the cap for Paul, Okafor, Gallinari, Douglass, Hill.

That's 5 players and not enough money to entice evan a second tier star.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Paul and Okafor makes 26.5 mill next year so even if you get rid of Jeffries we will have 45 mill on the cap for Paul, Okafor, Gallinari, Douglass, Hill.

That's 5 players and not enough money to entice evan a second tier star.

We can't afford 2 stars anyway. But if we throw away the 2010 plan, we can retain the Bird Rights for any remaining players that we might want to keep (Harrington?).

We can then trade Curry's expiring contract for another player. And then use the MLE and Bi-annual exception to get the other role players (Kapono? + others).

David Lee + Nate + Chandler + Hughes + Darko + 2012 1st round pick for Paul and Okafur could get it done.

PG-Paul
SG-player traded from Curry's expiring contract
SF-Gallo
PF-Bi-annual exception player
C-Okafur

w/ Douglas, Hill, Harrington and Kapono off the bench

I think it's something Donnie should look into. It's obvious the PG is the most important position in D'Antoni's system. We might as well go after the best PG in the game.