Chuck Hayes?

Chuck Hayes is a free agent this summer and i think he could be a solid backup PF for us. He could help our rebounding and interior defense problems. I know you guy are probably thinking he is just a 6'5 Center and we need height. But what about signing Chuck Hayes cheap and bringing back Jerome Jordan? Even though Hayes is 6'6 he is an excellent post defender and guards guys like Bynum, Dwight, and KG and he actually locks them down. He may be only 6'6 but he's strong, plays physical, and hustles for steals and rebounds. He draws charges just like Jeffries and he basically does everything that Jeffries does but 10x better.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
He won't solve our need for size upfront. I know he can play but there are guys that have some size that can play too. I would rather bring in Jeff Foster than Chuck Hayes personally.

Backup PF? This guy is a starting C, I know he's like 6'6 but he can rebound really well and his defense is off the charts for a 6'6 center.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I haven't seen much of him, but I've heard great things about his defense.

I am sick of hearing about height and size. I want guys on our team who can get the job done. I don't care if our center is three foot tall if he can lock down the top centers.

moneyg

Starter
He's the starting center for the rockets.

exactly.. and where did they seed.... forced to play center.. becus of injuries.. he is actually an undersized pf.. on any playoff team in the league he is a backup pf...we are a playoff team.. he would not be a solution to our center spot... abckup pf.. maybe

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Sure get him. Defensively, he is better than all of our players. But he should never be our starting Center or Power Forward. Chuck Hayes would be good OFF the BENCH.

We still need a real Center at 7 foot that can play defense.

But of course, no doubt, Chuck Hayes will do a hell of a job on the defensive end.

We just gotta purge jeffries, Mason, Rautins, and Shelden Williams.

exactly.. and where did they seed.... forced to play center.. becus of injuries.. he is actually an undersized pf.. on any playoff team in the league he is a backup pf...we are a playoff team.. he would not be a solution to our center spot... abckup pf.. maybe
They actually had a better record than us they just didn't make the playoffs because they play in the west. When did i say that i wanted him to play center? I said that i wanted him as our backup for Amare so he can be our Reggie Evans/Kris Humphries type player that grabs rebounds.

petescud

Starter
I remember Wes Unseld back in the early 70's. He was 6;7" and guarded Chamberlain, Reed, Abdul and the greats from that time period. He had amazing upper body strength. Maybe this guy is like that. Hey, we need someone better then the Giraffe and Turiaf