Could it be: Melo, Wade, CP3 to CLE? Might save the Knicks!

mafra

Legend
wade9s-1-web.jpg

Dwyane Wade/via Instagram

*** Just in case you didn't see this post in the NBA Trade Rumor Thread ***

Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and LeBron James toast their friendship while sailing in the Bahamas.

With DAJ signing in DAL:

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated posed an interesting scenario in one of hisrecent columns, suggesting that the Clippers might consider dealing Chris Paulafter losing DeAndre Jordan to Dallas via free agency.

First and foremost, Mannix states right off the bat that this isn't even arumor yet, so this "report/rumor" should be viewed with some major skepticism. That being said, Mannix speculates that the only person out there with a value high enough to entice an offer of dealing one of the leagues top-3point guards in CP3 would be Kyrie Irving. We'll let you know if this rumorgains any traction, but right now, this is so far off from being a reality it’snot really even worth discussing.

CLIPPERS COULD TRADE CP3 for Irving & Mozgov

3-Team trade: CLE trades Haywood's exemption to PHO for Eric Bledsoe; NYK do a S&T for Tristan Thompson & Bledsoe (sending CLE Carmelo), and NYK then sends Calderon to PHO for Markieff Morris.

PHO wipes out that Bledsoe contract, saves millions, and has money to be major payers next free agency. Add Calderon too.

NYK get Morris, Bledsoe, & Thompson.

After this season, Wade signs w/ CLE as a free agent.

CP3
Wade
Lebron
Melo

all join forces in CLE for 2016?

Meanwhile,

Bledsoe
Affalo
Morris
Thompson
Lopez

This might attract Durant?

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Only Pat Riley could pull off a trade like this. Mafra, Broadway wasn't attacking you, but that is a crazy trade.

"I hate the ignorant arse posting of offseason pictures(not you mafra) in an attempt to build foolish mythical narratives around."

That would be a good start in rebuilding the Knicks, only guy over 30 would be Affalo and he won't be a Knick after next season.

Bledsoe
Affalo
Morris
Thompson
Lopez

mafra

Legend
DeAndre Jordan is now reportedly "50/50" on his decision to either return to the Clippers or stick with his original decision to join the Mavericks.

The Clippers are reportedly "hopeful" that DeAndre will return, while the Mavs are "nervous" about this second meeting with the Clippers, so there's really no telling exactly how this will play out until the contract is signed. Paul Pierce was reportedly added to help the relationship between Chris Paul and Jordan, and Paul flying out of the Bahamas to join today's meeting is certainly a significant development.

THERE GOES THAT... IF DAJ changes his mind... the .01% chance of this happening just officially hit ZERO.

mafra

Legend
Only Pat Riley could pull off a trade like this. Mafra, Broadway wasn't attacking you, but that is a crazy trade.

"I hate the ignorant arse posting of offseason pictures(not you mafra) in an attempt to build foolish mythical narratives around."

That would be a good start in rebuilding the Knicks, only guy over 30 would be Affalo and he won't be a Knick after next season.

Bledsoe
Affalo
Morris
Thompson
Lopez

That is he key qualifier then. All apologies to BROADWAY then.

Yeah, no way we get 3 young players for Melo... Back 2 reality.

knicksin60

Starter
If something like that ever happened the Cavs should just rename their team "the Cleveland 30 Something Year Olds"!

I'm still surprised that there wasn't more to Dwayne Wade's brief free agency linking him to possibly going to Cleveland. I don't see Cleveland ever wanting to exchange Irving for Paul, unless Lebron made them do it. As far as Melo, I'm going to guess that even with him and Lebron being good friends all these years, they've done the math and figured out that the two of them together isn't exactly a championship pairing. However, if Cleveland wanted Melo, I'd say swing that deal in a second. Then, we can finally be a true rebuilding team and hopefully have the assets to do it.

Broadway

All Star

Bledsoe
Affalo
Morris
Thompson
Lopez

Yeah the pic he posted just took me back to all the pics of Melo and how trim and dedicated he was to being in shape past couple offseason, the same with Eddy Curry, the pictures of Nate having kids and being a father that he was grown up, Mike Woodson hanging out with players in the offseason as if he was their father...then the article I posted referring to the toast between 2008-2010 and fans back then posted pics of these clowns on a boat.

I'm tired of seeing stuff like this every offseason when it has no real merit. None at all. We're constantly chasing, pushing, peddling, selling, fluff and dreams not only to ourself but to each other.

If Melo and Lebron really wanted to play with each other they would have done so by now, they've had multiple chances to do so. Any other of their so called friends for the matter. If CP3 wants to hook up with Melo then tell him stop joining the Clip Beg Brigade for Jordan to return and demand a trade here or ask Doc to trade for Melonheads.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Yeah the pic he posted just took me back to all the pics of Melo and how trim and dedicated he was to being in shape past couple offseason, the same with Eddy Curry, the pictures of Nate having kids and being a father that he was grown up, Mike Woodson hanging out with players in the offseason as if he was their father...then the article I posted referring to the toast between 2008-2010 and fans back then posted pics of these clowns on a boat.

I'm tired of seeing stuff like this every offseason when it has no real merit. None at all. We're constantly chasing, pushing, peddling, selling, fluff and dreams not only to ourself but to each other.

If Melo and Lebron really wanted to play with each other they would have done so by now, they've had multiple chances to do so. Any other of their so called friends for the matter. If CP3 wants to hook up with Melo then tell him stop joining the Clip Beg Brigade for Jordan to return and demand a trade here or ask Doc to trade for Melonheads.

YEA, i FIND these pics irritating as well, but I want to add this. we know carmelo would give his left scrotum to play with lebron or paul or even wade... the problem is, I don't think either guy cares that much about playing with him....

Paul1355

All Star
Mafra relax...they are all friends thats all.

Wade isn't joining Lebron.

Melo would only join one of them if he completely gave up on the knicks.

Doubt those two happen anytime soon.

Calm down with the trade scenarios.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Mafra relax...they are all friends thats all.

Wade isn't joining Lebron.

Melo would only join one of them if he completely gave up on the knicks.

Doubt those two happen anytime soon.

Calm down with the trade scenarios.

I dunno, if they miss the playoffs this year, Carmelo might just give up on them. It might be best for them in the long term. Trade away all of these contracts, get back expirings and draft picks, and do a real rebuild rather than this "semi-rebuild with Porzingis and Grant and semi-compete with Afflalo/Lopez/Melo" thing that they're doing right now.

Paul1355

All Star
I dunno, if they miss the playoffs this year, Carmelo might just give up on them. It might be best for them in the long term. Trade away all of these contracts, get back expirings and draft picks, and do a real rebuild rather than this "semi-rebuild with Porzingis and Grant and semi-compete with Afflalo/Lopez/Melo" thing that they're doing right now.
Have To wait and see with melo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk