could not have said it better

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
what i find funny is how so many of you assholes point the finger at Marbury when isiah is 100% of the problem. Watch Marburys interview, learn something haters!!!!! And of course as usual f*ck outta here kid.

Trin_Starr

Starter
MSG - you can't keep being antagonistic to people just because they disagree with your views. If you continue to do this, I'll be forced to take action - something I don't want to do because KO appreciates everything u do with the gamethreads etc - but that doesn't give u a free pass to disrespect other members like that.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Knicks might as well be wearing Washington Generals jerseys, so insignificant is their presence at the Garden.

Convict Isiah for that. Indict Marbury as his co-conspirator. These two have always deserved each other anyway. Soon, if there's any mercy at all, they can enjoy each other's company in a place far, far away from here.

Well said, I can't wait for the day when both of them are gone.

Starks

Starter
As far as I'm concearned both of them have had 4 years to show a molecule of improvement/hope.... and all we have is a 1st round sweep from a crappy NJ Nets team.

Enough is enough, they both need to go. Their time here expired, and no one besides a small pocket of fans even want them affiliated with the team anymore. The blame goes to the entire team, but Thomas and Steph are two awkward entities that symbolize the last 4 years failures and embarrasment.

Getting rid of both of them is as much a justified political move, as it is a basketball move.

It's not always about stats.
And if it is, here is a stat that trumps all: 7 losing seasons in a row. Nuff said

dre48ny

Rotation player
Definitely Isaiah has to go. Losing season after losing season is getting old. I love Marbury too, but the Knicks have to look towards the future. Let's see who they draft and move from there. I say let Marbury play his last year and let his contract expire. See how he does in his last season of contract. Most players excel in that year because they will be free agents. Knicks will not be a top 5 team in the East next year, so why not play Marbury. If they have a good draft and Marbury plays well, they might be a seventh or eighth seed at best. Marbury will be healthy physically and mentally after basically taking the year off. Let's hope for the best. We are all in pain but I see better days if Isaiah does not f it up before he gets fired!! The plan is to be under the cap when LB James, Wade, Bosh hit the market. I hope LeBron plays for us!! The Knicks have not had a top 5 player since Ewing. Lebron is arguably in the top 3 and the sky is the limit. He is only 23. He'll be 25 or 26 when he is a free agent. He is young and has the potential to deliver a few championships!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Definitely Isaiah has to go. Losing season after losing season is getting old. I love Marbury too, but the Knicks have to look towards the future. Let's see who they draft and move from there. I say let Marbury play his last year and let his contract expire. See how he does in his last season of contract. Most players excel in that year because they will be free agents. Knicks will not be a top 5 team in the East next year, so why not play Marbury. If they have a good draft and Marbury plays well, they might be a seventh or eighth seed at best. Marbury will be healthy physically and mentally after basically taking the year off. Let's hope for the best. We are all in pain but I see better days if Isaiah does not f it up before he gets fired!! The plan is to be under the cap when LB James, Wade, Bosh hit the market. I hope LeBron plays for us!! The Knicks have not had a top 5 player since Ewing. Lebron is arguably in the top 3 and the sky is the limit. He is only 23. He'll be 25 or 26 when he is a free agent. He is young and has the potential to deliver a few championships!!

good post, Marbury brought leadership to the Knicks last year, unfortunatly because of family deaths, injury, and the worst gm/coach ever, Marbury gets an incomplete for this year. I see him having a good year next year, and hopefully its with the Knicks. The fact that Marbury still wants to play in NY after everything hes been through shows his dedication to the team.

I dont think Lebron will be a Knick, and it has nothing to do with him saying that on the postgame interview last nite. Lebrons goin to Brooklyn.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I have to admit that coming into this year I wasn't 100% sold on the idea that Isiah was a total disaster. I thought there was some young talent on the team that might develop and make the Knicks a decent team.

However, the following events this season convinced me otherwise.

1. The Marbury benching fiasco

2. The lack of development of any of the young players with the possible exception of Robinson

3. The lack of understanding of how Curry and Randolph did not compliment each other

4. The constant delusional and inconsistent comments to the press

5. The fact that several players are totally out of shape

6. The total lack of defense and preparation for individual games

7. The embarassing court case

8. The fact that he lost control of the team at times and players are fighting among themselves

9. The continuing and endless drama with Marbury

It's beyond obvious that he's not a good team president, coach, player developer, leader, or even judge of young talent. He's not even a good person!

I know the "judge of talent" point is at least debateable, but as far as I can tell a real lot of our "supposed" young talent is very one dimensional and limited. Isiah is a total disaster in every way shape and form. If I was a religious person he'd be near the top of my "AntiChrist" list.

As far as Marbury goes, he's wildly overpaid, but his expiring contract is worth something. We are so far away from winning a championship, the best thing we could do is trade him for some mediocre draft picks and plan for the future. I think that's the most we can get for him. No one is going to give us a quality young player for him. Everyone already knows that regardless of what his talents are, he comes with a ton of disruptive baggage. If someone takes him, they are probably going to buy him out. I doubt anyone is going to want him in the locker room or on the court.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
in order to trade starbury, we will have to go the same route as when we traded the franchise for the black-hole..

we will have to take back an equal contract (s), and as the case is with the black-hole for a longer period of time...

let's see who can we trade for who has a big contract and sux's...

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
yeah, that article pretty much sums it up.

i only hope dolan relieves isiah of his management duties before he does something stupid trade our 1st round draft pick for another old veteran getting paid obscene amounts of money for the next 5 years. time to rebuild the franchise.

:wallbash:

New New York

Quiet Storm
what i find funny is how so many of you assholes point the finger at Marbury when isiah is 100% of the problem. Watch Marburys interview, learn something haters!!!!! And of course as usual f*ck outta here kid.

Ok where to begin? First off I never pointed the finger soley at Marbury, he cant possibly be blamed for everything that has gone wrong. I think Isiah is using him as the scapegoat to save his own job. But to let Steph off the hook completley is foolish. His beef with other players and coaches has hurt this team a lot. Truth be told, I like his game, I mean we win atleast six to eight more games this season if he plays, but he is a horrible teamate (please ask for examples!) and that outways any positive he brings to the team.

GetRealistic

Starter
MSG - you can't keep being antagonistic to people just because they disagree with your views. If you continue to do this, I'll be forced to take action - something I don't want to do because KO appreciates everything u do with the gamethreads etc - but that doesn't give u a free pass to disrespect other members like that.

Dead on. Agree with the post 100 %

dre48ny

Rotation player
Let Marbury play out his last year and then he'll probably go and play in Italy as he has mentioned before. I hope the Knicks don't try to trade him for a player with the same salary and more years, the key is to get money off the cap. Why not one more year of a healthy Marbury? A good draft pick, his expiring contract, maybe find a suitor for Curry, and perhaps the knicks are on to something.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
in order to trade starbury, we will have to go the same route as when we traded the franchise for the black-hole..

we will have to take back an equal contract (s), and as the case is with the black-hole for a longer period of time...

let's see who can we trade for who has a big contract and sux's...

Ouch, I forgot that. Then we should just let him play out next season or buy him out if the feeling is that having him around is more disruptive than it is worth.

The last thing we need is another big bad contract. I simply cannot see us getting a quality young player for him even if we take a smaller bad contract or two.

We need draft picks and to unload bad contracts.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
Cmon getreal, we been gettin along lately. I thought you were my friend. I have a youtube video, as always, for you. Heres one of my favorites:

I know you like the backyard fights.

Trust me i enjoy arguing with you. Because we both know its all in fun and its nothing personal. I just think you pick fights with others just for the hell of itt.

chaos147

Rookie
Trust me i enjoy arguing with you. Because we both know its all in fun and its nothing personal. I just think you pick fights with others just for the hell of itt.
I agree, but our last arguement was interesting right MSG? haha...no disrespect dude.
On the case of Isiah, i actually thought he was capable of doing something with this years team for 2 reasons.1) Last years "Suprise steal"(Randolph Morris) and 2) Wilson Chandler(Much better then Curry). i thought we would atleast win 40 games >.>

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Only when I bring up Telfair, but i am gonna start pickin fights with other posters for no reason at all from now on, after some of the terrible posts i have seen lately. Im not talkin about you, this is aimed at others.

I agree, but our last arguement was interesting right MSG? haha...no disrespect dude.
On the case of Isiah, i actually thought he was capable of doing something with this years team for 2 reasons.1) Last years "Suprise steal"(Randolph Morris) and 2) Wilson Chandler(Much better then Curry). i thought we would atleast win 40 games >.>

It was interesting until i posted a youtube video and officially won the argument. I dont even remember what it was about but i do remember arguing with you about somethin. Im just assumin I won for 2 reasons:

1) I never loss
2) I posted a youtube video before you

I thought anything could happen with the Knicks this year, I didnt have clear expectations. I didnt know what to expect. I knew there was alot of talent on the team, after the win against Denver early in the season I thought the Knicks would definitly make the playoffs, if a certain situation never happened.....isiah should only blame himself for everything thats gone wrong, someone please stab him.

chaos147

Rookie
Only when I bring up Telfair, but i am gonna start pickin fights with other posters for no reason at all from now on, after some of the terrible posts i have seen lately. Im not talkin about you, this is aimed at others.

It was interesting until i posted a youtube video and officially won the argument. I dont even remember what it was about but i do remember arguing with you about somethin. Im just assumin I won for 2 reasons:

1) I never loss
2) I posted a youtube video before you

I thought anything could happen with the Knicks this year, I didnt have clear expectations. I didnt know what to expect. I knew there was alot of talent on the team, after the win against Denver early in the season I thought the Knicks would definitly make the playoffs, if a certain situation never happened.....isiah should only blame himself for everything thats gone wrong, someone please stab him.
You never loss?..lol thats a loss right there..