crawford, and the offense. To soon to be optimistic?

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
People its time to give Crawford his due atleast for his start of the season.The guy is flat out ballin right now and he is one of the main reasons why we are 6-3.Yes he gets out of control sometimes and shoots shots when he is double teamed BUT as of right now he is playing great and is setting the nets on fire.You never know maybe Marbury,was holding him back not letting him play his game and get into a rythem.I don't know what it is it my be the new offense but im glad he is on our side.:peace::beer:

pat

Starter
A poll showed that the Media favored Obama to McCain 9 to 1.

Although this goes a bit off-topic I have to say the following: Did you ever ask yourself why this is the case? Maybe because it is so hard to get a decent job in the media. Therefore, they only hire the best people and they can see what they get in Obama. A guy who is going to tell you the truth even if you are not going to like it (something he did on various subjects even during a CAMPAIGN). A president who thinks before he moves.

Alternative media is the best and more informative type of media out there.

So why did the majority of bloggers favour Obama? He was the candidate of the internet. And please spare me with your childish conspiracy theories.

But back to Crawford. He is not my favourite player but I can give him credit for his performance so far. Sometimes I think he is still settling for jump shots too early/too often but all in all: criticising him makes you look plain stupid RIGHT NOW.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Jamal has been an asset to the knicks, ever since he came here from Chicago, even though, under the influence of various people on this site, many here think he's the worst player in the league. The fact is that he's a streaky player, kind of like John Starks or Sprewell, except that Crawford, in my opinion, is much more capable and can take over a game, consistently. His FG % has not been 50 or 45, but there are plenty of top guards who shoot at around 40 or 42 percent. Some guys, like Mike Miller, shoot around 50, but I don't think anyone on this site believes Mike Miller is anywhere as good as Jamal. I'd rather have a guy, like Jamal, who can heat up, and knock down 4 or 5 consecutive shots, than a guy who plays it safe and can't lift his team up.

Without Crawford, bottom line, this team can't even win 30 games. Crawford is a closer, a facilitator, capable of hitting big shots and succeeding in the clutch. I know that some of you hate him, but the big shots he's hit speak for themselves. What's especially impressive about him is the fact that he has done well, over the years, without the benefit of real plays being run for him. I think the fact that D'Antoni is playing intelligent, strategic ball is making Crawford a better player. I would like the knicks setting more screens for him, hopefully they start to.

I think people here need to lay off of him and realize that not everything that certain members claim is true. I remember, years ago, people bashing Ewing, calling him a gorilla, old, a bum, etc., even the newspaper guys, and some radio guy in Miami called him King Kong, and, if anyone defended him, they'd get laughed at and told about his missed 1995 finger roll, as if that was all he ever did, and how much better Marcus Camby was, a massive lie. A similar situation currently exists, with Marbury, D'Antoni and Walsh, and bloggers, along with a media who I'm sure doesn't even watch Knick games, are calling one of the league's best guards poison, a cancer, etc. I'm not saying that Jamal is anywhere in the same league as Ewing, or that Crawford is dealing with anything similar to what Marbury is, but the dynamics of the hate are similar. Intelligent basketball fans know when a player's good, and Jamal is a good player.

Last edited:

Akamu

The King
So why did the majority of bloggers favour Obama? He was the candidate of the internet. And please spare me with your childish conspiracy theories.

But back to Crawford. He is not my favourite player but I can give him credit for his performance so far. Sometimes I think he is still settling for jump shots too early/too often but all in all: criticising him makes you look plain stupid RIGHT NOW.

Majority of bloggers? Bloggers are your only source? Lol what bloggers are you talking about?...so because a bunch of people can type up a ghey blog on the internet means they know what they are talking about? You can't even prove these "blogger numbers" or "bloggers" in general are accurate.

But yeah that sounds real logical, so since a lot of people like crackrocks I guess I like crackrocks too then righ? Naw-

Oh conspiracy theory? again you are just doing what the average uninformed dope does. "Your just a conspiracy theory guy" Just like George W. Bush says.

I post FACTS not theories like evolution, THAT is a THEORY.
A theory = An Assumption.

Things that effect your life such as corruption in politics, unconstitutional laws, poisonous vaccines and etc. these things are REAL and they are facts that you CANNOT disprove.

Calling these things childish only makes you sound immature and childlike to deny reality.

You decide to limit your expansion on knowledge based on mainstream critics, good job genius.

You have to put your brain to use to separate yourself from others by making your own decisions in life. Observe and analyze various perspectives, evidence, opinions and the facts and come to your own conclusion. This is what separates a boy from man. Right now your in "kid status".

You want to live your life without a care in the world and be oblivious to what goes on around you, staying stuck in denial then that is your decision. I could care less.

Why you decide to poke your nose in about something you have little to no knowledge on is beyond me.

=========================

Crawful scored a ton of points last year as well and we had one of our worst winning record years in Knicks history.

Jamal had a high point average due to a ton of chucks he had taken. He should have averaged at least 30+ points and up with all those shots and time on the court.

If you watched the preseason games his play was short of terrible (yes that's worse) Mike D' was hoping that Jamal would breakout during regular season.

He has already shown signs of his inconsistency.
[One Example:] Having a game with 29pts then the next game having 1pt the entire game.

He settles for jumpers 90% of the time, which makes him easily predictable to a defender to say the least.

Will he keep this up the good shooting percentage? You can't tell because he is known for being a very streaky shooter. So you can't call this a permanent thing, there is still a lot of games with more stable teams to come.

He fails a lot at efficiently driving to the basket, which translates into turnovers. (He might get some breaks but this area is more of a negative then positive.)

How many years does he have in this league and is now just starting to really embrace this thing called "being aggressive"

Let us see how consistent he remains this season and not turn this into another Crawful mess-

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Crawford has best the best asset for the Knicks
On terms of losing.

Jamal's style is the best for a losing team.
Knicks have never seen the playoffs ever since Crawford game.

His low FG% from all over the court.
No defense.
No penetration.
Chucking.
Wreckless play.
Carrying the ball.
Foolish decesion on the court.

He's just not built for winning.

Crawford has missed more clutch shots than he's made...Crawford isn't clutch at all until he increases his skill and is more a dynamic primary scorer(he's the least dynamic primary scorer in the NBA), then he does clutch things in the playoffs.

Never made the playoffs
Player in the NBA with the most losses, least wins, worst winning percentage and losing drought without a playoff apperance.

He's a losing player.

Losing player = losing team.

Its been 9 games, Crawford always gets off to a hot start and falls back to reality, you have to be a moron to think he's a new player on the court. Not even D'Antoni's system can save Crawford's flaws, limitations, and adequate level of basketball, Crawford is just a C+ level basketball player, never will be an all star talent.

Crawford is more capaple of taking over a game over Sprewell?

Sprewell was a two way player who was more clutch and superior offensively and defensively.

When has Crawford ever done this, especially in the NBA finals?

Exactly.

I thought this has been discussed in full detail by MSG.

MSG33 needs to post the link to the official Jamal Crawford sucks thread.

Its been confirmed already.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
When has Crawford ever done this, especially in the NBA finals?

Exactly.

I thought this has been discussed in full detail by MSG.

MSG33 needs to post the link to the official Jamal Crawford sucks thread.

Its been confirmed already.

wasnt MSG33 the same person who said crawford got off to terrible start last season and crying about marbury being benched and not crawford..... and lol at crawford not being clutch, i hope ya kno clutch shots arent only shots made in the last minute or so...yesterday what crawford did against the thunder was clutch, calmed down the offense when the lead was slippin and hit back to back jumpers...lol at ya crawford haters, instead of applaudin him for leading us to this record, ya preyin for his downfall

pat

Starter
Majority of bloggers? Bloggers are your only source?
No, but generally speaking blogging offers an independent source of information. Of course there are also blogs which are run by a company, newspaper etc. but a blog by a private person is most likely a reasonably independent source op opinion.

I post FACTS not theories like evolution, THAT is a THEORY.
Where to start...? First of all taking into account recent findings in neurology and related philosophical discourse, all human perception is constructed. There is no direct connection between perception and mental representation. Accordingly even the screen in front of you is a theory. What we do with these theories is that we try to falsify them. As long as a theory cannot be falsified at a certain point in time (like Darwin) it is has to be seen as a "temporal truth". Carl Popper has explained that in a very reasonable language. You should really cop it. Its a good book (http://www.amazon.com/Logic-Scienti...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226766741&sr=8-1)

Things that effect your life such as corruption in politics, unconstitutional laws, poisonous vaccines and etc. these things are REAL and they are facts that you CANNOT disprove.

Most of the time it is possible to prove those theories wrong or at least implausible. It is just if you read a book that claims, for examples, that the free masons have a history that reaches back to the the days of the historical King Salomon and that they still control governments all over the world won't give you the findings which make their theories look pointless. They will only give you the information that suites their needs. It's the same with the documentaries you posted and it is also the way any kind of propaganda (left or right) works.

You have to put your brain to use to separate yourself from others by making your own decisions in life.

The problem here is that if you separate yourself too much from what is socially acceptable your opinions will always be falsified in social discourse. Because what the majority thinks is as close as it gets to some form of "truth".

Right now your in "kid status".
Don't worry about me. I am happy with my degree in history, philology. And among people who, most certainly, know me better than you do I have the reputation of being to critical about everything rather than not enough. It's just that I can differentiate between critical thinking and childish conspiracy nonsense.

metrocard

Legend
I didn't know you could be "clutch" against the Thunder into the first 10 games of the season.

Amazing what Crawfordsexuals will come up these days.

Akamu

The King
No, but generally speaking blogging offers an independent source of information. Of course there are also blogs which are run by a company, newspaper etc. but a blog by a private person is most likely a reasonably independent source op opinion.

(-1-)
Where to start...? First of all taking into account recent findings in neurology and related philosophical discourse, all human perception is constructed. There is no direct connection between perception and mental representation. Accordingly even the screen in front of you is a theory. What we do with these theories is that we try to falsify them. As long as a theory cannot be falsified at a certain point in time (like Darwin) it is has to be seen as a "temporal truth". Carl Popper has explained that in a very reasonable language. You should really cop it. Its a good book (http://www.amazon.com/Logic-Scienti...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226766741&sr=8-1)

(-2-)Most of the time it is possible to prove those theories wrong or at least implausible. It is just if you read a book that claims, for examples, that the free masons have a history that reaches back to the the days of the historical King Salomon and that they still control governments all over the world won't give you the findings which make their theories look pointless. They will only give you the information that suites their needs. It's the same with the documentaries you posted and it is also the way any kind of propaganda (left or right) works.

(-3-)The problem here is that if you separate yourself too much from what is socially acceptable your opinions will always be falsified in social discourse. Because what the majority thinks is as close as it gets to some form of "truth".

(-4-)Don't worry about me. I am happy with my degree in history, philology. And among people who, most certainly, know me better than you do I have the reputation of being to critical about everything rather than not enough. It's just that I can differentiate between critical thinking and childish conspiracy nonsense.

(-1-) Prove to me how a rock (meaning something non-living) can formulate into a living breathing organism or even a single complex cell for that matter. You can't end of story-

(-2-) Alright, so documentation, what people/insiders/experts/victims involved say are making it all up? what comes out of politicians mouths are made up huh?

You sure proved me wrong, and when it comes to differentiating things you do a real job good. :rolling:

Freemasons are another topic, I didn't even go into them like that-

(-3-) In your opinion, truth is based on what a mass decides, that's a great thing to say to a child. :baby: (I hope you don't plan on having kids)

(-4-) Nobody is worried about you, especially not me Lol! You could have a PHD in worm studies for all I care, it doesn't mean you know what your talking about.

I don't see what is childish about reality, you sound like you rather ignore it, coward.

If you were so crtical then why do you make it sound like you aren't? Go start a topic disproving my facts, please- (Give me a while to respond I get busy)

===============

Back to topic, Crawful for three on a double team! What a crawful shot!

Last edited:

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I think Crawford's for real. He's had 7 good games and just 1 bad game, so far. His overall field goal percentage, as well as his 3 pt percentage, has improved a lot. Jamal Crawford should go on the 3 pt contest, with the way that he's been shooting the 3.

Jamal Crawford currently ranks #1 in 3 pt field goals made and #2 in 3 pt field goals attempted.

i think he'll be in the 3 point shooting contest and i think that randolph deserves to be an allstar

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i think he'll be in the 3 point shooting contest and i think that randolph deserves to be an allstar
I think Randolph does, too, but Garnett already has the starting spot locked. It will be hard for him to get voted in by the coaches, with Chris Bosh, Antawn Jamison, and Elton Brand. The NBA seems to be saturated with top small forwards and powerforwards, for some reason. There's not as many top centers or top point guards, though.

JayJ44

Starter
I think Randolph does, too, but Garnett already has the starting spot locked. It will be hard for him to get voted in by the coaches, with Chris Bosh, Antawn Jamison, and Elton Brand. The NBA seems to be saturated with top small forwards and powerforwards, for some reason. There's not as many top centers or top point guards, though.

Maybe since Randolph is playing center for us, he can get in as a center? I'm not sure how that whole thing works. He's listed as a forward on the ballot though.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I didn't know you could be "clutch" against the Thunder into the first 10 games of the season.

Amazing what Crawfordsexuals will come up these days.

wtf does clutch have to do wit how many games u into a season or what team u did it against??of course it doesnt hold as much weight as games later in the season but its still clutch

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Yeah it's almost as bad as rooting for a guy that helped ruin your team, and that will never wear a Knicks jersey again:peace:
co-sign:beer:Marbury has been rejected by every coach he's ever played for. Men who are paid millions for their basketball knowledge. Team Starbury, however, thinks they know better. When Marbury moves to another team you guys are free to move with him.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Maybe since Randolph is playing center for us, he can get in as a center? I'm not sure how that whole thing works. He's listed as a forward on the ballot though.

your forgetting about one major thing....Dwight Howard plays in the east lmao so theres no chance in hell he makes it over him...Randloph will make it as a backup

Cluth is a player who shows up time and time again when his team needs him and knocks down big shots over and over like Jordan or Kobe......and Crawford is not clutch this dude has missed alot of oprotunities to tie or win the game he's just and above average player thats on a hot streak