DaJuan Summers ends season to injury

finestrg

Rotation player
That's a terrible turn of events. Not sure what his future holds with an injury of that severity.

Just logged on to talk about this -- what a shame. He was playing very well. Dude was playing his way right into an NBA call up for some team...Hopefully he can make it back sooner than expected.

Travis Trice is another guy playing very well. I believe he had 19 pts. tonight in another Westchester win--these guys are 5-0. They probably won't do it but I could see a lot of benefit all around if they chose to send Jerian Grant to the DL for 5-10 games to let him play big mins, run the team and take a ton of shots--I think that could boost his confidence a ton--and we sign & call up Trice to take his spot. Trice probably won't ever be a star but I like his game a lot--he's a heady little player, handles it well, is a good passer and he can knock down open looks (something Jerian's having trouble with). Jerian could get the reps he needs and the big club could benefit from Trice's steadier overall guard play. Win win. Also wouldn't mind seeing Early sent down to get some steady work. He could take Summers' spot. Seems logical.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
finestrg How's Ante doing?

I think he's averaging something like 10 & 5, had a 15 pt game and a 16 pt game but he's still erratic (shooting % is even down from last year--something like 43% overall, only 15% from 3)...I know the evidence still isn't there yet to support it (I think the Knicks are looking for him to dominate at the DL level and he just hasn't been going back to last year) but I'm still very high on him. I think with the size (6'6" 215), the athleticism, the ability to play defense along with the untapped offensive ability, we could be looking at something close to Gerald Wilkins eventually as a ceiling for this guy, maybe an even better player (Andre Iguodala?). That'd be great, man. I'd take that.. I really hope the light bulb goes on soon--it'd be great to have a 2-way player on the roster with his size, athleticism and defense that we could put on a LeBron, a Paul George etc.. If it doesn't start clicking soon though, I could see the Knicks losing patience with him. I think his erratic play last year is what prompted the coaching change at Westchester. See what happens--maybe with Summers out, he'll get more touches on the offensive end now.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think he's averaging something like 10 & 5, had a 15 pt game and a 16 pt game but he's still erratic (shooting % is even down from last year--something like 43% overall, only 15% from 3)...I know the evidence still isn't there yet to support it (I think the Knicks are looking for him to dominate at the DL level and he just hasn't been going back to last year) but I'm still very high on him. I think with the size (6'6" 215), the athleticism, the ability to play defense along with the untapped offensive ability, we could be looking at something close to Gerald Wilkins eventually as a ceiling for this guy, maybe an even better player (Andre Iguodala?). That'd be great, man. I'd take that.. I really hope the light bulb goes on soon--it'd be great to have a 2-way player on the roster with his size, athleticism and defense that we could put on a LeBron, a Paul George etc.. If it doesn't start clicking soon though, I could see the Knicks losing patience with him. I think his erratic play last year is what prompted the coaching change at Westchester. See what happens--maybe with Summers out, he'll get more touches on the offensive end now.

Thas a time consuming painful injury for Summers mentally/physically, his confidence were improving his skills in the D.League.

Our head coach Fisher is confusing .. Ante skills are great as a SF in the D.League.
In the NBA .. Ante skills are best as a big-guard like SG Thabo Sefolosha .. u put Ante athleticism/speed between two scorers (Westbrook n Durant) and Ante defensive skills would improve the OKC winning record 5 games more than SG Waiters.