David Lee has now agreed to a deal with the Warriors via a sign-and-trade

iSaYughh

Starter
Boom or bust. Exactly. I've wanted Randolph for a while but i really wanted Lee @ a price like this vs Amare.

Great trade though given that we signed Amare. Randolph could be like Bosh while running the floor better and with superior passing and blocking ability.

iSaYughh

Starter
Come on now. Lee is not STAT. Lee disappears in the 4th quarter and is not a locker room leader. MAN, the dudue dates Snookie, right?

Stat is the type of player WHO MIGHT attract another star next year. Randolph might be better than BOSH in 2 years.

I like LEE, but give me 2 for 1 anyday.

Is it really a 2-1 though? We could have had Lee+TyrusT, eg, versus Amare.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
We really couldn't get a 1st round pick back from anyone for Lee?

I hate this trade, the players we are getting back are scrubs, Randolph is young but he's scrawny and injury prone AND he plays the same freaking position as amare! What the hell is donnie doing?! stock up on draft picks and sign big name free agents!

iSaYughh

Starter
Well. Randolph and Amare are almost like combo 4-5's, so...

And Randolph apparently plays great D (and his basic stats show this too) so could be a fine duo.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope this is a JOKE rumor trade.

trading David Lee for GS TRASH!
These trash players couldnt get playingtime on a GS team that plays young players

Fire Walsh
and Kick Walsh/Damntoni in the hudson river

mafra

Legend
Is it really a 2-1 though? We could have had Lee+TyrusT, eg, versus Amare.

We don't know about that. MAYBE CHA matches any offer. Who knows.

BUT, I just feel right now this was asmart move. Heck, we can still sign Tyrus.

Lee was my favorite, but he's not as great as we make him out to be. Ama're is an All-Star. Randolph is the type of player who can save this franchise if he reaches his potential.

Stinks to lose LEE. If you give me Lee-Tyrus for 22 million? Remember, Stat-Randolph are making 18-19 mil combined next year.

I think the fact Lee was a no-show in the 4th quarter, and that he differed to other vets in the locker room.... He doomed himself.

AND, Deron-Melo aint coming here to play with Lee. They might think about STAT though.

BrianCNYC

Rookie
Consellation

Lebron just broke our hearts! But all is not totally lost...This Lee deal helps us in many ways, we preserve a huge cap for next year and picked up some interesting pieces. If you guys don't know Anthony Randolph, you should! He's been quietly compared to a young Kevin Durant and Kevin Garnett. He's only 20 and needs to continue to polish his 3pt shooting and overall strenght. He's every bit the prospect that Gallo is and could pay off huge! Ronny Tariaf actually gives us a serviceable center who blocks shots, rebs (won't score much) but unlike the other Knicks he's not allergic to Defense. Kelenna Azubuike is a young wing player/ shooter who is best in transition. You woulda have to go out and sign guys like these anyway but haggle over contract length! These guys are all small contracts for 1 or 2 yrs. We can unload them next summer, or trade deadline along with Curry when Melo or Parker is out there. Also now we still have very attractive money for Rey Felton who is no star but a big upgrade at point guard for 80% of the teams out there. The Knicks have stepped 2 steps up with there recent moves!

mafra

Legend
I hope this is a JOKE rumor trade.

trading David Lee for GS TRASH!
These trash players couldnt get playingtime on a GS team that plays young players

Fire Walsh
and Kick Walsh/Damntoni in the hudson river

Funny.... GS fans saying same thing about bringing in LEE. They hate it!

Turiaf is a tough Mason-Oakley type interior defesnive force. PERFECT now that we have to dominate the pain to beat MIA.

Randolph might be the better player than Lee in 2 years. He's only 20!

Plus we get another body in Azubuieke.
Also, all three could be trade chips this year.

Lee is nice. But he's 6"9' and plays no defense. Worst post defensive player in the NBA, if you go by the numbers. He is not a leader. Our locker room was a joke.

Add it all up and that's why you go with STAT over Lee.

At least we get something for LEE, no? And, trust me, Randolph could be better than Bosh in 3 years.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Excellent trade. Randolph has tons of potential and Turiaf gives us some nice size and defense. Our frontcourt just got a lot better and the expiring contracts give us great flexibility and room for improvement in the future.

Red

TYPE-A
Should've gotten Steph Curry from them. F*ck that!

It would've at least made up for some bullsh*t.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Anthony Randolph pans out then we're going to take down Miami.

Rule the paint. Rule #1 of basketball - OWN the paint.

When was the last time a team without a good force in the paint won the championship? Oh wait NEVER. Even the Bulls had RODMAN who was a BEAST in the paint.

We have Anthony Randolph and I think he's gonna be amazing. STAT is a beast, Douglas has potential, and Gallo I think is on his way to being a 22 PPG scorer night in and night out.

I like this team for the future.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
New here and Im in favor of this trade and sign!

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I have been a fan of the Knicks since a young boy. John Starks was my hero because he bleed for us and left it all on the court. Anyway, I love this trade because we get younger and we get taller. AR is a great young player as I used to live in the bay and have many friends who speak extremely highly of him. He is like 20 and 6'10 210 pounds with room to make it to 230. Great athlete and fantastic motor and defensive ability. He needs to improve his offensive game, but I think that will come and with Amare he will be very good. The guard is another athletic young player who is physically imposing and will thrive. Defensively sound and can knock down the three. Turief great guy for a role player who has a great personalty and I think that may help with team unity.

Screw Lebron I think our overall team is going to be much improved with the draft picks and this sign and trade. Btw I'm also a huge Syracuse fan. So hello and there are my two cents. :afro:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Anthony Randolph has the potential to be great. It's that stupid P word though. I'll believe in him. And I'm going to beleive that D'ant can get the best out of him.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Love the trade, Anthony Randolph is so versatile and has potential to be a force. Great trade that we will be talking about for years to come. BTW he's only 21 years old, I'm extremely happy that we are shaping our team for next season and years to come. **** Lebron!

Paul1355

All Star
Love the trade, Anthony Randolph is so versatile and has potential to be a force. Great trade that we will be talking about for years to come. BTW he's only 21 years old, I'm extremely happy that we are shaping our team for next season and years to come. **** Lebron!
he actually is 20

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nothing is done until Tomorrow morning fellas!

Us waiting around for Lebron to make the announcement ment that the deal was not submitted before the NBA office hours closed....until then....anything can happen.

I frequent another board with a bunch of Dub fans and they cannot stand this trade...lol

They trade away their 3 best defensive players for one of the league's worst defenders. The Warriors gave up more points to the opposing team then any other team in the league last season, so i can only imagine how much they'll give up now....lol

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer

Where is Randolph going the play? Gallo is at SF, amare is a PF....

did we just trade David Lee for a bench player?

Amare can't play center on a regular basis and Randolph is way to thin to play there...

so we traded our "homegrown" rising "star" for a bunch of bench players and maybe a 2nd round pick?! TERRIBLE

pakopako

Benchwarmer
If Anthony Randolph pans out then we're going to take down Miami.

Rule the paint. Rule #1 of basketball - OWN the paint.
I like this team for the future.
I hope you're right on that. It looks nice on paper, but personalities tend to have more hiccups than that.