Deron Williams in 2012

quiggle

Starter
you want a guy who wanted to physically fight a Hall of Fame coach and in essence ended his coaching career in Utah? how desperate are you Knicks fans, worse than a whore that would BJ a guy with smegma.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
you want a guy who wanted to physically fight a Hall of Fame coach and in essence ended his coaching career in Utah? how desperate are you Knicks fans, worse than a whore that would BJ a guy with smegma.

Every forum has one, thanks for making yourself known since we can't see that big luminous "retard" sign you wear when they let you out.

elcol

Rotation player

He came, he saw, he failed.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Paul's decision making, ball-handling, passing and defense are all better than D-Will. He's also the more efficient shooter in most if not all categories.

People who say they want D-Will just like him more than Paul and it's annoying because he's definitely NOT better than him.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Paul's decision making, ball-handling, passing and defense are all better than D-Will. He's also the more efficient shooter most if not all categories.

People who say they want D-Will just like him more than Paul and it's annoying because he's definitely NOT better than him.

It's the underrated to overrated phenomena.

Not that DWill is truly overrated per say, or in and of himself; so much as in relation to CP3, and that whole debate.

CP3-Douglas
Fields-Walker
Gallo-Williams
Amare-Turiaf
Moz-GlenDavis

and whatever picks we draft along way,

Has been my forever fantasy.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
It's the underrated to overrated phenomena.

Not that DWill is truly overrated per say, or in and of himself; so much as in relation to CP3, and that whole debate.

CP3-Douglas
Fields-Walker
Gallo-Williams
Amare-Turiaf
Moz-GlenDavis

and whatever picks we draft along way,

Has been my forever fantasy.

That would be a dream lineup for me as well..

It's so balanced. CP3 would get every ounce of talent out of Fields, Moz and Gallo. Lobs to Amare would be pure, thunderous heaven.

Dude, that lineup would just be basketball bliss for me. You shouldn't have even posted it.. hurts to see it lol.

iSaYughh

Starter
That would be a dream lineup for me as well..

It's so balanced. CP3 would get every ounce of talent out of Fields, Moz and Gallo. Lobs to Amare would be pure, thunderous heaven.

Dude, that lineup would just be basketball bliss for me. You shouldn't have even posted it.. hurts to see it lol.

:gony: I know...I'm about to try to go to sleep too...Feel like I just ordered coffee next to a mad hot girl, and walked away with only the fleeting thougt of her.

Sweet pain.

Imagine those pinpoint precision lobs reigning down with thunder! Flanked by Gallo's inside/outside versatile (and 2nd option as passer/distributor); Moz running up and down getting fed gems in a *controlled* game. And Fields cleaning shit up left and right.

This is another reason I don't want us to bend over to NJ/DEN in *any* way in these negotiations. Let's play some power poker. We have the luxury to do so.

So many fallback plans even if DEN calls our bluff, and even if Melo cant wait to play in a basement in New Jersey for an extra few millions up front.

Play it to the bone, Donnie. We'll respect you even if it "doesn't work". We'll have even more assets, and an even superior trade position (a la CBA clearing up) for CP3.

NO is a goner this year, and will likely be worse, even much worse, after this off season.

And CP3 knows he is why they aren't in the basement. Just like Lebron knew last couple years, and realized what he could achieve in a bigtime town with a legit roster.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think CP3 would fit the system better but D-Will doesn't have CP3's injury history.

That being said, let's be honest, either one of those two PGs could make this team into quite possibly the best P&R team of all time. For all of CP3 being arguably better, D-Will is so good at all of those things that I don't know if it'd even make a huge difference. Plus D-Will has generally been healthier throughout his career; he hasn't had a major surgery yet.

It's tough because you could also argue that D-Will has had competent players to pass the ball to such as Al Jefferson and Carlos Boozer whereas with CP3, even when he got robbed of the MVP, it was either David West (lol) or no dice.

I dunno, at the end of the day you go with CP3 but if you can sign either of those guys...miracle. As long as we find a center who can block shots and rebound and play defense (ie Dalembert) we're good.

Really, what makes it so hard is that there's really nothing that either CP3 or D-Will can't do. They can both distribute. They're both excellent at the pick and roll. They're both competent shooters. They're both athletic enough to get to the basket. They're both decent defenders (CP3 maybe moreso, but only slightly). They both have high Basketball IQ.

In the case of CP3 it's too bad that he's friends with LeBron, though.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think CP3 would fit the system better but D-Will doesn't have CP3's injury history.

That being said, let's be honest, either one of those two PGs could make this team into quite possibly the best P&R team of all time. For all of CP3 being arguably better, D-Will is so good at all of those things that I don't know if it'd even make a huge difference. Plus D-Will has generally been healthier throughout his career; he hasn't had a major surgery yet.

It's tough because you could also argue that D-Will has had competent players to pass the ball to such as Al Jefferson and Carlos Boozer whereas with CP3, even when he got robbed of the MVP, it was either David West (lol) or no dice.

I dunno, at the end of the day you go with CP3 but if you can sign either of those guys...miracle. As long as we find a center who can block shots and rebound and play defense (ie Dalembert) we're good.

Really, what makes it so hard is that there's really nothing that either CP3 or D-Will can't do. They can both distribute. They're both excellent at the pick and roll. They're both competent shooters. They're both athletic enough to get to the basket. They're both decent defenders (CP3 maybe moreso, but only slightly). They both have high Basketball IQ.

All of the above is fair. On Cp3 the man,

He may be friends w Lebron's unlikeable ass but his character is tight. He's a family man, who's all about his little boy. He seems like a real good guy. He's smart. He also exudes total positivity w teammates on the court. He's always building them up and showing confidence in them. He would be the best acquisition we've made since our championship years IMO.

STAT1

Starter
I'd probably rather have Deron over CP3 because of the knee cartilage issues plus Deron is a better shotmaker, but obviously would be ecstatic to get either one. Whichever one you got would make the Knicks an instant title contender combined with Melo & STAT.

mafra

Legend
I'd probably rather have Deron over CP3 because of the knee cartilage issues plus Deron is a better shotmaker, but obviously would be ecstatic to get either one. Whichever one you got would make the Knicks an instant title contender combined with Melo & STAT.

D'antoni loves Deron. Williams would be our #1 choice. That's for sure.

IMHO CP3 is the more dynamic player. The better player. D-Will is no slouch, but you gotta get the best player.

I'll never forget the Knicks miscalculating Tim Hardaways injury. He wanted to come here. We had the choice of him or Chris Childs. We sign Childs. WHY? Those playoff series we lost to Miami back then would have been wins with Hardaway. Heck we might have won a couple of chips.

Get CP3 and let the chips fall where they may...

STAT1

Starter
I'll never forget the Knicks miscalculating Tim Hardaways injury. He wanted to come here. We had the choice of him or Chris Childs. We sign Childs. WHY? Those playoff series we lost to Miami back then would have been wins with Hardaway. Heck we might have won a couple of chips.

Well, the Knicks did eliminate Miami 3 years in a row in the postseason with Chris Childs, but I get your general point. Tim was definitely a better PG than Childs was, no question.

Well, the Knicks did eliminate Miami 3 years in a row in the postseason with Chris Childs, but I get your general point. Tim was definitely a better PG than Childs was, no question.

Just looked it up. I'm getting old. I would have bet money that the Knicks lost 3 series in a row to the heat. Those games were so intense. Hardaway was definitely the better player of the two. Which is my point I guess. :thumbsup:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, we need to get the best player we can. It's tough because CP3 might be slightly more skilled but Deron's got size and is probably a better scorer.

Who knows.

STAT1

Starter
Yeah, that rivalry was definitely intense. Like 2 street gangs going at it, it was so volatile you were almost waiting to see something explode at any moment. Seeing PJ Brown toss Charlie Ward into the crowd ignited the Hatfields vs. the McCoys feud, & then LJ vs. Zo w/JVG hanging onto Zo's leg. Priceless memories. Then you had the teacher vs. his apprentice relationship between Ewing & Zo. So many awesome storylines. Seeing Spree walking around the Heat arena flashing his Knicks towel in their fans' faces after Houston hit that big shot was priceless.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
When introducing the West all stars starting lineup Kobe referred to Paul as "one of the greatest floor generals of all time". That's a pretty high compliment coming from a player of Kobe's ilk. You never hear people talk about Demon Williams like that..

Yeah, that rivalry was definitely intense. Like 2 street gangs going at it, it was so volatile you were almost waiting to see something explode at any moment. Seeing PJ Brown toss Charlie Ward into the crowd ignited the Hatfields vs. the McCoys feud, & then LJ vs. Zo w/JVG hanging onto Zo's leg. Priceless memories. Then you had the teacher vs. his apprentice relationship between Ewing & Zo. So many awesome storylines. Seeing Spree walking around the Heat arena flashing his Knicks towel in their fans' faces after Houston hit that big shot was priceless.

I remember the benches clearing and half our team was suspended. I believe we lost that series. We were up 3-1 or 3-2 or something. Boy I was P Oed...