Does Marbury finally get it?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well we know the man hates riding the pine so If no Francis means Steph is settling into the starter spot, so be it. That means Stevie should be on the block. He should be easier to move than Steph anyway.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Marbury is showing signs of life. If he takes responsibility and decides to lead this team.....Oh boy! I think that there is less pressure on him as well now that Francis isn't really in the picture as well. Any thoughts?

Maybe its a result of magic having that talk with him. Whatever it is, I hope he continues to play like he has been lately. Hitting that game winner should also add a lot to his confidence.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
wow i find it funny how all of you 'starbury haterz' are right back on the bandwagon as of late. no i didnt forget the endless arguements with you on why i felt marbury could be one of the best point guards in the game i didnt forget the arguements on why he needs to stay in NY and play his style of basketball. i didnt forget the death threats thru private messages which half of us in this forum prolly already recvd from dr. carpy. dont worry dr. internet gangsta i wont give u my ip address cuz i dont want ur "new york connects" comin knockin on my door over an arguement about the knicks. lets keep the peace tough guy. but a couple of games where steph's back to his 20ppg n 8 apg and all of u come out the closet saying this is the way he needs to be playing. but yet early in the season he had to be mr charlie ward. stephon marbury gets paid the $$$ he does not to be charlie ward. he gets paid the dough he does to drop 20 n dish 8. like the best pg to ever play the game said (magic johnson) thats the only way the knicks will have a fighting chance.

paris401

Starter
Well we know the man hates riding the pine so If no Francis means Steph is settling into the starter spot, so be it. That means Stevie should be on the block. He should be easier to move than Steph anyway.

i'm sure there is 15...maybe 20 teams that are lining up for the chance to get stevie franchise...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
To Smurfette Marbury 516: You're a sissy. You wanna threaten me or my wife and PM me calling me the N word and not expect me to catch feelings? You obviously take drugs. I dislike Marbury. I am not adverse to him earning his money and leading like he should have been when this season started. I don't care how the Knicks win, just as long as they win. You want peace, don't PM me with your racist bullshit.

To all other readers: Hopefully when the ridiculous suspensions end, the Knicks can keep playing with the same sense of urgency. The NBA hates the Knicks. The Hand check rule was introduced into the league, because back in the day when Derek Harper was our PG, they thought our guys had to much of an advantage from it. They also say we stole Ewing in the '84 draft. So the media won't influence my thoughts. Who cares what anyone says I'm a fan. Period.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Marbury should be our number 1 option next to Curry. That is without question. This is what happens when we get our best player going. We just beat the best team in the NBA with 8 players. With him playing at his best we're going to be tough to beat.

I've been reading a couple of posts and among other things but this racist stuff has to stop. If you're not black don't say the N word. If you are black...don't say the N word then others will say it. If you're not black don't judge people on being black and don't hate on the fact that the person is black. I thought this would be something that has died down over the last couple of decades. Of course I was wrong. Let's just root these knicks on through these suspensions and be on our way without this ignorant racist talk that will soon release more demons onto this forum...

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
1st off i never write private messages 2 people. i got one from carpy stating i was a wannabee, wigga, and impersonating a black man in a white mans body. now he trys to make me look like some rascist hillbilly stuck in the 60's. sorry doc that aint me. im dam proud of who i am. i dont appreciate people like yourself who sound like kanye west tellin me i wanna be like u when u dont know the slightest thing about me. once again let me make this clear i did not sign up into this forum to argue with grown men about anything other then the new york knicks. u let simple arguements such as whether marbury should be traded or not turn into some personal online brawl. this web-site isnt meant to be a place to start drama. if u want that then go sign up for myspace. this 'beef' is deaded. u can say what u want about me from now on out. i will no longer give u the time of day. if we have n arguement about the knicks, which odds r we will, then lets keep it @ that because this sh*t is ridiculous. i apoligize 2 everyone else who had to read this. i jus dont want the rest of the posters in here 2 think im some nazi lovin a$$hole.

honestly tho i really think if the knicks can pull together and lee and marbury both keep up their excellent play... i think there's a good chance we can be sittin in 1st place by the new year. now that would be a the way to bring in the new year.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury should be our number 1 option next to Curry. That is without question. This is what happens when we get our best player going. We just beat the best team in the NBA with 8 players. With him playing at his best we're going to be tough to beat.

I've been reading a couple of posts and among other things but this racist stuff has to stop. If you're not black don't say the N word. If you are black...don't say the N word then others will say it. If you're not black don't judge people on being black and don't hate on the fact that the person is black. I thought this would be something that has died down over the last couple of decades. Of course I was wrong. Let's just root these knicks on through these suspensions and be on our way without this ignorant racist talk that will soon release more demons onto this forum...

Jazz aren't the best team in the NBA. Lets not over gloat over the win, we shown improvement in that game, but Marbury can't be a first option and win games, it has been proven in the last 9 years of his NBA career. Marbury is a GREAT player, I accually like Marbury as a person, he's not a BAD guy, he's misunderstood and is accually one of the good guys in the NBA. He just doesn't fit on this team. Marbury isn't the problem, but he isn't the answer. Same with Curry.

Not the problems, but not the answers
Marbury
Curry
Fyre

Out of this list, I believe Marbury is the best, cause of his overall talent. People forget at one point in Marbury's career, he was a top 3-5 PG with competing with guys like Stockon, Payton, Kidd, Iverson, and etc.
I would keep Marbury if we get rid of Crawford AND Francis. When Marbury isn't playing with them, he plays his best. This goes the same for Crawford and Francis. They all cannot play together on the same court, it will never work. I saw it from the beginning. If I had to pick between Marbury, Crawford and Francis, I would choose Marbury. Marbury has the best shot selection is the least selfish(sometimes too unselfish).

PROBLEMS
Francis
Crawford
James
Rose

Francis does not belong on this team, he's not an all star anymore, his contract is ugly and long, and he's a ball hog. Crawford is a chucker who's game will never change. He's shooting around 30% from the FG and 20% from 3pt. Terrible. James and Roses are jokes with the least valued contracts in the NBA.

Good spots
Lee
Balkman
Richardson
Robinson
Jeffries
Collins
Robinson

I want to keep these guys for the future. We're not that far from sucess. We need to SUBTRACTR in other to get better.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
i agree the jazz are by no means the 'best' team... also agree we are showing improvement , tho not hard to do after 23wins.. let's hope we continue moving forward, i'm getting tired of being the 'doormat' of the nba..

metrocard

Legend
1st off i never write private messages 2 people. i got one from carpy stating i was a wannabee, wigga, and impersonating a black man in a white mans body. now he trys to make me look like some rascist hillbilly stuck in the 60's. sorry doc that aint me. im dam proud of who i am. i dont appreciate people like yourself who sound like kanye west tellin me i wanna be like u when u dont know the slightest thing about me. once again let me make this clear i did not sign up into this forum to argue with grown men about anything other then the new york knicks. u let simple arguements such as whether marbury should be traded or not turn into some personal online brawl. this web-site isnt meant to be a place to start drama. if u want that then go sign up for myspace. this 'beef' is deaded. u can say what u want about me from now on out. i will no longer give u the time of day. if we have n arguement about the knicks, which odds r we will, then lets keep it @ that because this sh*t is ridiculous. i apoligize 2 everyone else who had to read this. i jus dont want the rest of the posters in here 2 think im some nazi lovin a$$hole.

honestly tho i really think if the knicks can pull together and lee and marbury both keep up their excellent play... i think there's a good chance we can be sittin in 1st place by the new year. now that would be a the way to bring in the new year.

Please ignore him. He's a racist man from Canada who has no real perspective about black people. You've probably been more blacks around your life than he has. He gets personal and harasses people in Private Messeges when he loses in a debate. As you seen from the past, he has bombed my PM box cause he was frustrated and couldn't present a logical agruement for him. He uses the racecard alot and cannot communicate like a normal human being. He lacks alot of social skills for example, he called you a wigger. Why? Cause you took a picture with Stephon Marbury? I don't understand. To me, you're a KNICK fan, a proud one to say. I don't think your racist and you don't need to apologize. The only who needs to apologize is Dr Crappy for exloding this race shit into another thread. That punk is obsessed with race.

wow i find it funny how all of you 'starbury haterz' are right back on the bandwagon as of late. no i didnt forget the endless arguements with you on why i felt marbury could be one of the best point guards in the game i didnt forget the arguements on why he needs to stay in NY and play his style of basketball. i didnt forget the death threats thru private messages which half of us in this forum prolly already recvd from dr. carpy. dont worry dr. internet gangsta i wont give u my ip address cuz i dont want ur "new york connects" comin knockin on my door over an arguement about the knicks. lets keep the peace tough guy. but a couple of games where steph's back to his 20ppg n 8 apg and all of u come out the closet saying this is the way he needs to be playing. but yet early in the season he had to be mr charlie ward. stephon marbury gets paid the $$$ he does not to be charlie ward. he gets paid the dough he does to drop 20 n dish 8. like the best pg to ever play the game said (magic johnson) thats the only way the knicks will have a fighting chance.

LOL...trust me bro, Crappy has no connects in NYC, he's some unemployed geek from Canada. He's an internet gangsta who should be banned for annoying people with unwanted PM's.

Please, who are you to say who can say nigga. You're some surburbian kid. "Nigga" is slang for urban New York city teens. Its a friendly term that is similar to dude. I've seen blacks call Hispanics niggas all the time. When at a park for a game of ball, the dude is like "hey, get that nigga right there." When choosing someone on a team. I grew up in the South Bronx on University Ave, I've lived around this my WHOLE life, just STOP it kid. Not all black people speak urban slang. Dr Crappy doesn't, he's from Canada. There are black people all over the world. The ones on BET do not represent blacks world wide. Lower down your ignorance and learn some more information before you post anything invalid about a race or society.

Stop the race discussion.

Marbury is a misunderstood player who has 9-10 different coaches in his NBA career. People need to understand he's TRYING. I hate when NY media blames him when he has to learn a new offense every season with new players.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
dawg...your puerto rican...YOU ARE NOT BLACK. So when you say n**** it offends me. No that term is not for NY teens. You are ignorant for saying that. It's a racial epithet that white slave masters called black slaves and it's derogatory. There's nothing cool about saying n****. And it might be sunshine up there when you say it but if you say it down south you might get shot so people are going to react to it differently. Didn't you get banned for this?
By the way that post wasn't made directly toward you...but since you responded you must have felt guilty and wanted to explain yourself. Know the history behind the word before you say it. Just because 50 Cent says it or Busta Rhymes says it doesn't mean YOU can say it. I now know you are truly ignorant. I say you deserve more timeout for that one. Anyone who opens that can of worms like this deserves something...that's something you don't say on a forum. This is a basketball forum, there is absolutely no room for that on an internet forum. Again...anyone can talk junk on the internet so to waste your time to turn on a computer for the intent to sound tough to me is funny. Go ahead make my day...but when you say n****, you not only insult my race but you insult the millions of other blacks in America. Sure it might be "cool" in NY but there is a world outside of NY...try to realize that.

Trin_Starr

Starter
And back to the original thread at hand :)

It's not that Marbury is finally getting it...It's that Isiah realizes that he has to let Steph play his game.
That's all it is.

The last 2 games have been vintage Marbury.

People say he is selfish and shit but he really isn't when he plays. He scores when he has to, dishes to the open man, doesn't dribble out the clock like francis, doesn't jack up shit like JC from everywhere and isn't a ballhog like say AI...
People are just ignorant to that fact and will always judge him by what he did in NJ... people change, they mature and marbury is playing his best ball right now this season.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Please, who are you to say who can say nigga. You're some surburbian kid. "Nigga" is slang for urban New York city teens. Its a friendly term that is similar to dude. I've seen blacks call Hispanics niggas all the time. When at a park for a game of ball, the dude is like "hey, get that nigga right there." When choosing someone on a team. I grew up in the South Bronx on University Ave, I've lived around this my WHOLE life, just STOP it kid. Not all black people speak urban slang. Dr Crappy doesn't, he's from Canada. There are black people all over the world. The ones on BET do not represent blacks world wide. Lower down your ignorance and learn some more information before you post anything invalid about a race or society.

Stop the race discussion.

Marbury is a misunderstood player who has 9-10 different coaches in his NBA career. People need to understand he's TRYING. I hate when NY media blames him when he has to learn a new offense every season with new players.

However you want to spell it, that N word is still offensive as hell to a lot of people. Its offensive to me as well. You have been asked to stop using it. The fact that you are trying to justify the use proves that you are ignorant as hell and YOU ARE coming across as a racist. I don't give a damn how you use it in the playgrounds, this is not the place for that bull. You've already been banned once and you still haven't shown that you learned a damn thing!!!!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm not offended by the N word with an A or even the N word with and ER. It's Nagrah that offends me. That's some old back of the woods deep south S^!t.

I shouldn't have responded to this but I couldn't help but make a joke out of it.
Let's chill with the racial jargon and focus on sports.

Your right Trin_Starr. I've said it before but was thrashed by the Marbury hate group. He's our best scorer. Second best if Curry keeps stepping up. Check my The Key to Winning. It's all there.

metrocard

Legend
However you want to spell it, that N word is still offensive as hell to a lot of people. Its offensive to me as well. You have been asked to stop using it. The fact that you are trying to justify the use proves that you are ignorant as hell and YOU ARE coming across as a racist. I don't give a damn how you use it in the playgrounds, this is not the place for that bull. You've already been banned once and you still haven't shown that you learned a damn thing!!!!!!

Listen, ITS NOT HOWEVER I want to spell, its how it is. If you don't want to acknowledge the different between the two words and the cultures people grew up in then, then don't post in this thread if you're not going to be open minded. I understand the HISTORY and how offensive the word is. I'm far from a racist, I'm very political, and support many human right movements. I only see one race, the human race. Don't try to force feed your garbage on me now. I'm not trying to use it on here, I'm just EXPLAING the use of the word "nigga" in inner city culture.

dawg...your puerto rican...YOU ARE NOT BLACK. So when you say n**** it offends me. No that term is not for NY teens. You are ignorant for saying that. It's a racial epithet that white slave masters called black slaves and it's derogatory. There's nothing cool about saying n****. And it might be sunshine up there when you say it but if you say it down south you might get shot so people are going to react to it differently. Didn't you get banned for this?
By the way that post wasn't made directly toward you...but since you responded you must have felt guilty and wanted to explain yourself. Know the history behind the word before you say it. Just because 50 Cent says it or Busta Rhymes says it doesn't mean YOU can say it. I now know you are truly ignorant. I say you deserve more timeout for that one. Anyone who opens that can of worms like this deserves something...that's something you don't say on a forum. This is a basketball forum, there is absolutely no room for that on an internet forum. Again...anyone can talk junk on the internet so to waste your time to turn on a computer for the intent to sound tough to me is funny. Go ahead make my day...but when you say n****, you not only insult my race but you insult the millions of other blacks in America. Sure it might be "cool" in NY but there is a world outside of NY...try to realize that.

I typed out nigga, a slang word used where I'm from for dude. I could care LESS what happends in the South, I don't live there. I live in the BRONX, my enviroment. If you can't understand that, then shut up. You're thinking of a totally different word thats not even in my vocabulary. I don't say the word cause rappers say it. I grew up in an enviroment where nigga was used freely as friendly slang and communication. At times, I try not to say it. Because I grew up around it, it comes out naturally. If you can't understand that, then you're a plain ignorant fool. I don't question people why they say dude or hella. Any slang term is depending on how you grew up and where you grew up. No one is "insulting" your race you idiot, especially when I get called nigga by everyone around me, including Blacks, Ricans and Dominicans. If you come here with that stupdity you'll get slapped. Its a word accepted as friendly communication in the South Bronx. Like I said, you don't represent black peoplel. Come to the South Bronx, you'll see Puerto Ricans, Blacks and Dominicans all chilling, there is no diversity or racism here. This is the internet, this is where you live. Since you're so remotely distant from society, you don't know how society work with your lack of social skills. You rarely go outside, so what do you know about the city? I'm not suprised how ignorant you are also. My point was you don't have to be black in NYC to say "nigga". Its where I'm from, I'm not saying its globally accepted, NO ONE STATED this, stop assuming such false things. Its different depending where you from and where you grew up. You were proven wrong and I won this debate again. Since when you become the spokesman for all "blacks"? I could gather 90 black kids I know who would be ashamed and embarassed as hell of you. You're a disgrace to humanity alone, let alone your "race". Damn kid...stop acting like a bitch in all your post, man up and make some sense. You would be accually ignorant enough to reply back after the debate is over and the point is made. You don't have to be black in NYC to say nigga, and I understand the other word is offensive and disrespectful, and that is a word I never SAID here. If you can't realize the difference, you're being close minded, race obsessed and totally ignorant and unreasonable.

Race discussion over, back to Knicks discussion.

metrocard

Legend
And back to the original thread at hand :)

It's not that Marbury is finally getting it...It's that Isiah realizes that he has to let Steph play his game.
That's all it is.

The last 2 games have been vintage Marbury.

People say he is selfish and shit but he really isn't when he plays. He scores when he has to, dishes to the open man, doesn't dribble out the clock like francis, doesn't jack up shit like JC from everywhere and isn't a ballhog like say AI...
People are just ignorant to that fact and will always judge him by what he did in NJ... people change, they mature and marbury is playing his best ball right now this season.

Marbury plays best when he has control of the ball making quick passes and driving to the basket. Our offense is least producting when we have Marbury, Crawford and Francis overdribbling, making careless lazy passes and bad decisions on offense. I agree, Marbury is far from selfish, at times he can be too unselfish and is afraid to take the big shot. Thats why the Utah game was such a suprise. Marbury took the clutch shot for once and led his team to a victory. If Marbury does this more, he will lose that "Loser" image he has had tainted on his whole career.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Ignorance...look very deep into that word because if you knew what it meant then you would quit using the word. I said I felt offended when you used the word yet you still say it. You have TrueBlue who is from BK and he's offended by the word....so he's socially isolated too? And you're right I don't speak for every black person here...but I speak for my ancestors...that's why I'm insulted. I haven't even cussed at you son yet you still try to play these feminine little word games. Just quit saying the word. I don't care if you get called n****...you're not black so first of all you wouldn't be offended and secondly that's there problem if they're calling everyone that word. Don't you see America being separated already through racism? Don't you see Jesse Jackson and Rev Al Sharpton trying to stop the spread of the word n****? Oh I forgot they don't speak for all the black people right? How can you justify the use of the word n****? People die over that word. Even in NYC, people have died over the word n****, so why do you continue to use it? That's my final warning, then I'm looking for action such as ban or suspension....

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Agreed. I type N word. 1 and Only types N*****. Only you and Smurfette feel the need to actually type the N word, full well knowing that millions of black people find it offensive. Ridiculous. I guess one vacation for you obviously wasn't enough. And stop kidding yourself. You do use that word cause rappers do. It wasn't acceptable before Hip Hop became mainstream. Rappers started saying it. It went to the street level, and so on. So whether or not you realize it you're a puppet and your strings are pulled by Hip Hop.
There's nothing closed minded about it. We're not your friends. Don't think it's acceptable to all black people cause the one black person you've met feels that way. MORON. The world is far bigger than New York. So please show some marginal signs of intelligence, and lose the N word. Plus I only ever sent you a PM & SMurffey. The only two idiots to PM with the N word in the response. Obviously you're scared of me if your writing that I "threatened" you. I really don't have anybody in NY...so why haven't you sent me your IP yet? I'll tell you why. Your terrified. Cause you know you'd get run up on. SIMPLE!! LAST TIME: NO N WORD!!! Feel free to ask a parent or guardian to help you with what you don't understand. Your lame put downs only reflect poorly on you. And your stupid "justifactions" show you really have no sense to speak of.

Marbury playing team ball is fine by me. I will never be a fan of his. If he keeps holding up his end of things, and leading by example, I'll have no problem admitting I'm wrong about him at this point in his career.

metrocard

Legend
Ignorance...look very deep into that word because if you knew what it meant then you would quit using the word. I said I felt offended when you used the word yet you still say it. You have TrueBlue who is from BK and he's offended by the word....so he's socially isolated too? And you're right I don't speak for every black person here...but I speak for my ancestors...that's why I'm insulted. I haven't even cussed at you son yet you still try to play these feminine little word games. Just quit saying the word. I don't care if you get called n****...you're not black so first of all you wouldn't be offended and secondly that's there problem if they're calling everyone that word. Don't you see America being separated already through racism? Don't you see Jesse Jackson and Rev Al Sharpton trying to stop the spread of the word n****? Oh I forgot they don't speak for all the black people right? How can you justify the use of the word n****? People die over that word. Even in NYC, people have died over the word n****, so why do you continue to use it? That's my final warning, then I'm looking for action such as ban or suspension....

Look lets be real here bro, I never said the N WORD, I use the slang I grew up with, I can't help it. If you're going to put me down as a person for how I grew up, go ahead. You're behind a computer, if you have hate or frustrated inside you and you want to unleash I can't hold you back. I'm just telling you how I grew up, and what was the NORMS in my society in the inner city of the NYC. You won't understand the different between the N word and the slang word. I never said the N word, please stop trying to say I've said the N word. If you can't acknowledge theres a difference betweeen nigga and the N word where I grew up then we can't discuss this if you won't be open minded with me bro. I understand its different in other places and they don't grow up with the same slang people in NYC or I do. I'm just trying to get you to understand how it goes...aren't you from NYC? We shouldn't even be discussing this. People from NYC don't even STRESS IT, they just know and don't go on like this. I am in no form a racist, I've supported many movements for Indian people, Arabs, Blacks, Filipinos, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and other people are who discriminated against or don't get equal rights. Don't get frustrated, its the computer b, you on the computer...lol, if you can't handle it just walk away from the computer. No one is forcing you to reply. Stay cool, and take it easy, especially when we on the same team here.