Donnie is thinking of making these moves this off*season

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
The "perennial contender" thing is the tough part. Two first-round exits for the Nuggets and it begs the question as to whether or not they're worth sticking around for.
Is it logical to just skip a year now or something?

They had 2 early exits under AI in 07 and 08.

Last year, with this team (minus Lawson even!), they made it to the conference finals.....

I don't know how saying they are perennial contenders is invalid if they finished among the top 4 teams in the NBA last season. Not to mention they will probably find a way to get past Utah and meet L.A. in the conference finals.

Red

TYPE-A
"Our losing season has NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni"

The Suns limited success had NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni.

Trying to have it both ways....

equals the double standard at its finest. I guess it's only D'Antoni's doing when a team achieves... loses are always the players fault.

I would love a job like that.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
"Our losing season has NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni"

The Suns limited success had NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni.

Trying to have it both ways....

equals the double standard at its finest. I guess it's only D'Antoni's doing when a team achieves... loses are always the players fault.

I would love a job like that.
How nice of you to drop by. This is a new, unique, and interesting point!!!

Where have I heard this before...

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
When is Donnie gonna realize Chandler is not a very good fit in our offense and trade him for a pick. We could maybe nab Whiteside in the 12-16 range, and he's exacting the kind of high potential player he need to take a chance on. Plus he's a monstrous shot blocker. I would much rather give up Chandler than Walker at this point, I just think Walker has much more potential and he can actually shoot.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
When is Donnie gonna realize Chandler is not a very good fit in our offense and trade him for a pick. We could maybe nab Whiteside in the 12-16 range, and he's exacting the kind of high potential player he need to take a chance on. Plus he's a monstrous shot blocker. I would much rather give up Chandler than Walker at this point, I just think Walker has much more potential and he can actually shoot.

I would not be surprised if he was already thinking that. 30% from beyond the arc just ain't going to cut it.

iSaYughh

Starter
My guess is that Walsh is essentially forgoing the "draft strategem" altogether -- for now. I'd be very surprised if we made any broad strokes in securing a player via draft.

Whether this right or wrong....debateable, and remains to be seen.

IMO, Chandler will be used by Walsh to be instrumental in securing us a legit, starting PG this coming season (Rubio, Flynn, Collinson, CP3).

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
My guess is that Walsh is essentially forgoing the "draft strategem" altogether -- for now. I'd be very surprised if we made any broad strokes in securing a player via draft.

Whether this right or wrong....debateable, and remains to be seen.

IMO, Chandler will be used by Walsh to be instrumental in securing us a legit, starting PG this coming season (Rubio, Flynn, Collinson, CP3).

Definitely the most important move right now is getting capable point guard and I am sure the Knicks brass knows this...

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
If we don't get LeBron, then PG becomes a huge position of concern. Right now our biggest need is post defense. Walsh needs to secure some size and I really would like to take a chance on Whiteside, he could pay off big time. I do doubt Walsh will acquire a pick high enough to get him though, just like with Russell Westbrook and Rubio/Curry.