Durant signs with the Warriors

mafra

Legend
I sure wish Robinson Cano chose the KD route, and turned down 270 mil for 180. It's easy for us when these are just numbers we read about... But, if it were me, I like 244m a lot more than 160.

I think KD left bc he likes DG and prefers to play with Curry over Durant. I think he wanted to be proactive... Not be standed bc RW left... And he probably felt he wanted GSW over any other potential landing spot.

Stars today are so sensitive to what's said about them... The idea of wanting to be the best... Rather than join them is lost...

Why?

It begins in AAU, when these kids and teenagers are shuffled around and form mega-teams then. They join together to play at the top college programs... They play together in the Olympics. They are friends... Not opponents.

I blame Mchale... He sent BOS KG... They formed a trio LJ couldn't beat... LJ fled to MIA... The rest is history.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Durant had three chances to beat the Warriors straight up and didn't do it. And I don't think he played that well in those games either. I'm looking for Durants stats for game 5,6, and 7 but I don't remember playing all that well. It's not like Lebron scoring averaging 30++ last year with Kyrie and Love out. Now methinks KD tanked that series to justify the move on Chief:(

mafra

Legend
Durant had three chances to beat the Warriors straight up and didn't do it. And I don't think he played that well in those games either. I'm looking for Durants stats for game 5,6, and 7 but I don't remember playing all that well. It's not like Lebron scoring averaging 30++ last year with Kyrie and Love out. Now methinks KD tanked that series to justify the move on Chief:(

Game 6 is where he really choked...
They had double digit lead midway through the 4th... And he was terrible down the stretch... Missed shots and turnovers. If that were Melo... Man, the chorus of BOOs and LOSER would still be clanging up and down the Hudson Valley.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You got it:) I Durant had 40,29, and 27 in those final games but you said it: he choked down the stretch in a home close out game. The anti-Melo crowd of Broadway, his sidekick TFK, and Kiyaman would be losing thier minds if that was Melo. I mean taking LESS $$$, leaving the team that drafted you to play for thier chief rival and leaving with no compensation to boot??? Man um um um:(

tiger0330

Legend
KD isn't the only front runner around. ZaZa took a pay cut to chase a ring, West took the min again and now Ray Allen after being out of the league for 2 yrs. dropped the Warriors a line to offer his services. Pretty soon you'll have players paying the Dubs for the opportunity to play there.

Broadway

All Star
You got it:) I Durant had 40,29, and 27 in those final games but you said it: he choked down the stretch in a home close out game. The anti-Melo crowd of Broadway, his sidekick TFK, and Kiyaman would be losing thier minds if that was Melo. I mean taking LESS $$$, leaving the team that drafted you to play for thier chief rival and leaving with no compensation to boot??? Man um um um:(

Nope you've never heard me co-sign KD real hard. I've called him out on Twitter directly calling him SOFF. I can pull my tweets as proof.

He told me everything I needed to know when he surrendered his 4th consecutive scoring title to Melo a few yrs ago. His competitive juices aren't that high. Hella talented though. I called his move to GSW punkish, I don't believe his whole heart was truly into that GSW series looking at the decision he's made. I lumped him into this corny generation of players but I do understand his decision and I do see other layers to his decision. I try to look at things on a micro and macro level not with a bunch of XOs XOs or pure outright hate hate hate like so many other fans do.

paris401

Starter
Then why can't you look at Melo in micro/macro fashion instead of pure hate hate hate hate?????:(

Me-Lo is easy to hate... he has done 'dick' since arriving in ny... has he made the players around him better...nope... did he give a large discount to stay in ny...nope... well he did take 1m less, while dirk,tim others are taking 10+mill less .. can u tell he's not a favorite of mine...

Broadway

All Star
Me-Lo is easy to hate... he has done 'dick' since arriving in ny... has he made the players around him better...nope... did he give a large discount to stay in ny...nope... well he did take 1m less, while dirk,tim others are taking 10+mill less .. can u tell he's not a favorite of mine...

I co-sign your sentiments and will add

Melo has done too much negative on a macro level and positives only on a micro level. He's not all bad but unfortunately with him he operated too heavily on his own special interest, on his own time frame. Has he changed some since being here, maybe a little but only after being a monumental failure. Too late bruh bruh!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Uhhhh how about a conference title and first playoff series win in a decade... But I guess neither one of those is dick right???? You Melo haters are irrational...how about finding another teAm to root for if you hate the franchise player so much??? I don't get it:(

Kiyaman

Legend

I doubt Durant n GS win any championships without any defensive STOPS!
Durant leaving the best PG in the business .. If Lebron had Westbrook on the Cavs = 3 ring dynasty.

Durant was not the cause of any of the 4 losses in the WCF .. the OKC organization (without coach Brooks) Loss the final 3 games of the WCF by whomever change OKC substitution n rotation in the last 3 games .. OKC shorten their 8 plus man rotation that got them a 55 win season and a trip to the WCF down to a 6 plus man rotation in the 3 straight losses in the WCF.
During the postseason games OKC trio bigmen dominated the paint on offense n defense giving OKC a 11-4 postseason record having Kanter average 25 minute per game, Adams average 31 minute per game, and Ibaka average 30 minute per game.
OKC three straight losses to GS in the WCF were from OKC switching their rotation strategy to play SMALL-BALL by decreasing Kanter playing time to 8 minute per in the 3 games, giving Adams 28 minute per in the games, and Ibaka over 40 minute per in the 3 games.
Every team in the league that switch their team strategy to small-ball vs GS loss to GS

Kiyaman

Legend
Nope you've never heard me co-sign KD real hard. I've called him out on Twitter directly calling him SOFF. I can pull my tweets as proof.

He told me everything I needed to know when he surrendered his 4th consecutive scoring title to Melo a few yrs ago. His competitive juices aren't that high. Hella talented though. I called his move to GSW punkish, I don't believe his whole heart was truly into that GSW series looking at the decision he's made. I lumped him into this corny generation of players but I do understand his decision and I do see other layers to his decision. I try to look at things on a micro and macro level not with a bunch of XOs XOs or pure outright hate hate hate like so many other fans do.

The NBA League and owners has been so phoney since the new arbitration its become ridiculous ...
We all watch a young building DYNASTY team built from the DRAFT having a great GM/head coach/scouts on the Same-Page in the Sonics/Thunder organization in having coach Brooks, players Durant, Westbrook, Hardin, Selfolosha, Ibaka, Collison, Jackson, plus the addition of a veteran/leader/player/coach Derek Fisher .. those 9 names were suppose to be under contract in the 2016-17 season by the OKC Thunder to win a Championship before the GS Warriors hired coach Mark Jackson to take GS to their first playoffs in 2012-13 season since 2007.
To watch the OKC Thunder organization SELL-OUT their young Dynasty each offseason were a pitiful

mafra

Legend
That's an excellent point b/c the hiring of Billy Donovan and a shrewd trade of Ibaka for 2 young, controllable assets + a serviceable vet was almost too little too late.

Trading Harden (for nothing) but then giving money to Kanter? Dumping Reggie Jax and filling that spot with Waiters?

That GM (and quite frankly that franchise, for stealing SEA's team) deserves some healthy and nutritious commupence...

As for KD? He could've went to LAC, NYK, BOS, MIA to chase a title... He could've stayed and won one in OKC next season....going to GSW makes sense bball-wise... But it destroys his legacy... Unless he wins 4-6 titles... He'll be just another good player with rings... Not a legend. I think his agent and shoe company played a much bigger impact than people are talking about.