Enough of this top 10 defense & championship expectation talk already.

Stop acting like any coach was expected to win a ring or even seriously compete for one during these past 3 years. Both Walsh & MDA accepted this job when no other great coach would. Both took this offer knowing they would lose for 2 or 3 years before having a fighting chance in hell to compete as serious contenders next year. If this weren't the case Dolan would have gave the GM & coach the AX a long time ago.

Stop acting like our pre-trade team would have made it out the 1st against a BOS, CHI or even MIA & ORL. Stop it already & save it for a fan that doesn't understand the big picture.

Last but not least: stop trying to act as if MDA never coached SERIOUS chip contenders with PHX inside of an EXTREMELY tough Western Conf. The East of now & especially the future of the East couldn't hold a jock strap to the West of then once BOS dies & Howard leaves for LA.

If not for the DYNASTY Spurs since 99 (long before MDA & PHX) there is NO TELLING how many chips they would have won! The East wasn't stopping em.

smokes

Huge Member
Stop acting like any coach was expected to win a ring or even seriously compete for one during these past 3 years. Both Walsh & MDA accepted this job when no other great coach would. Both took this offer knowing they would lose for 2 or 3 years before having a fighting chance in hell to compete as serious contenders next year. If this weren't the case Dolan would have gave the GM & coach the AX a long time ago.

Stop acting like our pre-trade team would have made it out the 1st against a BOS, CHI or even MIA & ORL. Stop it already & save it for a fan that doesn't understand the big picture.

Last but not least: stop trying to act as if MDA never coached SERIOUS chip contenders with PHX inside of an EXTREMELY tough Western Conf. The East of now & especially the future of the East couldn't hold a jock strap to the West of then once BOS dies & Howard leaves for LA.

If not for the DYNASTY Spurs since 99 (long before MDA & PHX) there is NO TELLING how many chips they would have won! The East wasn't stopping em.

Ok, how about you stop trying to act like MDA beat "amazing dynasty" teams in his years in PHX playoffs. The Lakers were in rebuilding mode when PHX beat them.

The East of the future you mean the D-Rose/Boozer/Noah Bulls who aren't even close to their prime and have the best record in the conference? And I guess the Miami Heat having 3 of the best players in the NBA are a wash too huh? Oh and our Knicks will clearly not be comparable to the West with Melo and Amare... SMH

Oh you mean the Dynasty Spurs that beat JVG's depleted Knicks in 99? You can use that excuse to cover MDA but JVG is a crappy coach because he didn't win us a championship? Doesn't work both ways son.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
No doubt in my mind that if MDA had his Suns rosters in the East he'd of made to a Finals or 2. He prolly would've lost to whatever West team he faced however.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Enough of you posting 30 times per day of hot air and blocks of shit no one wants to read.

Stop trying to take those 2 playoff victories & especially that game 7 victory over the LAL away PHX.

Kobe has been the GREATEST thing since MJ. An All-Time great. Kobe was enjoying his prime years back in 04-05 & 05-06. Those LA teams also had Odom. Odom was raw since his LA Clipper days.

Your a hypocrite. You use "rebuilding mode" as an excuse for the Lakers, but fail to accept the fact that the Knicks are also in rebuilding mode? So whats with these high expectations?

Lets not act like the Suns weren't in "rebuilding mode" back in 04-05 either. That was a team that was coming off a 50 loss season the previous year. Amare was an inexperienced 2nd year talent straight out of High School & Nash was running MDA's offensive system for the 1st time that year.

Don't even think about comparing the East of now to the West of then...

Are you really trying to compare Chicago & Miami to the San Antonio Spurs?!? Now I've seen it all.

Wake me up when the Bulls & Heat COMBINE for 4 championships lol.

@ Smokes: It's pretty funny how you hid under a rock concerning the main points surrounding this thread.

-No other top coach wanted to coach that cap hell franchise 3 years ago. Mike D'Antoni accepted the coaching position when no one else wanted it (The media pressure of NY is second to none).

-Walsh & MDA accepted these positions not only knowing but also understanding they would lose for two full years. It's call rebuilding a horrible franchise. You should know what "rebuilding mode" is all about; you just spoke about it smokes.

-If we were "expected" to compete for a championship during these past 3 years... Dolan would have gave both the GM (Walsh) & head coach (MDA) the AX a long time ago after two disaster seasons. (But we all knew we had no chance in hell to win during our two previous years). Rebuilding mode 100%.

-No one ever expected the pre-trade or this current team to compete for a ring until next year; No matter the coach.

-No one expected us to beat BOS / CHI /MIA during the 1st round.

smokes

Huge Member
@ Smokes: It's pretty funny how you hid under a rock concerning the main points surrounding this thread.

-No other top coach wanted to coach that cap hell franchise 3 years ago. Mike D'Antoni accepted the coaching position when no one else wanted it (The media pressure of NY is second to none).

-Walsh & MDA accepted these positions not only knowing but also understanding they would lose for two full years. It's call rebuilding a horrible franchise. You should know what "rebuilding mode" is all about; you just spoke about it smokes.

-If we were "expected" to compete for a championship during these past 3 years... Dolan would have gave both the GM (Walsh) & head coach (MDA) the AX a long time ago after two disaster seasons. (But we all knew we had no chance in hell to win during our two previous years). Rebuilding mode 100%.

-No one ever expected the pre-trade or this current team to compete for a ring until next year; No matter the coach.

-No one expected us to beat BOS / CHI /MIA during the 1st round.

I didn't hide under a rock, you are just stating the blindingly-fking-obvious, like you do in half your posts, repeatedly, in every thread on the forum. Why would I disagree with the obvious?

What am I taking away? I'm saying the Lakers were no DYNASTY in those years they were in rebuilding mode.

Again, I didn't compare the East of now I clearly said EAST OF THE FUTURE....

Yet again, you completely fail to read what people say, and just rant off on some MDA appreciation. Please actually read and think for a few minutes and then respond so your brain can catch up with the words.

Thanks.

NY17

Benchwarmer
In before 4 more posts from KnicksFanFromQueens crying about the same exact stuff he has continuously polluted this board with for the past month.

Stop trying to take those 2 playoff victories & especially that game 7 victory over the LAL away PHX.

Kobe has been the GREATEST thing since MJ. An All-Time great. Kobe was enjoying his prime years back in 04-05 & 05-06. Those LA teams also had Odom. Odom was raw since his LA Clipper days.

Your a hypocrite. You use "rebuilding mode" as an excuse for the Lakers, but fail to accept the fact that the Knicks are also in rebuilding mode? So whats with these high expectations?

Lets not act like the Suns weren't in "rebuilding mode" back in 04-05 either. That was a team that was coming off a 50 loss season the previous year. Amare was an inexperienced 2nd year talent straight out of High School & Nash was running MDA's offensive system for the 1st time that year.

Don't even think about comparing the East of now to the West of then...

Are you really trying to compare Chicago & Miami to the San Antonio Spurs?!? Now I've seen it all.

Wake me up when the Bulls & Heat COMBINE for 4 championships lol.
Didn't Kobe's team barely have a winning record those two years? The best compliment to Kobe was Odom and they were stuck with a mediocre bench and the biggest bust in NBA history in Kwame Brown.All you ever come up with is that the Spurs are a dynasty lol i see you write that about 20 times a day, and whats funny is that you say that JVG sucks because we lost in the 99 finals to the spurs but you defend MDA by saying that they are a "dynasty" lmao. :boohoo:

Last edited:
I'm stating facts about his situation's over the past 3 years as well as the success that PHX enjoyed under MDA.

I've always enjoyed your insight, but you've became very hypocritical & came @ me the wrong way; without addressing any of the main points that I've made regarding expectations surrounding this team as of right now, as well as our two previous years.

These are only some of the post's that you've made in regards to MDA; but yet come after me like this for stating facts about our situation's?

Smokes: "I bet those PHX fans were cumming all over themselves having their little desert town actually play great basketball regardless of Nash & whoever else"

Smokes: "MDA left PHX after bringing them years of success so it doesn't surprise me that PHX fans are bitter"

Smokes: "I'd take PHX, record under MDA than the record we had during those years any day".

Smokes: "He's a better coach than anyone we've had for quite some times".

Only SOME of the points that I've made when defending/supporting MDA

Exactly. I made it known that you can not compare the East of the future to the golden years of the West back then.

This could seriously become the Celtics last championship run for the time being due to the fact Pierce, KG & Allen are all up there in age. Shaq is just about done for good. Perkins is gone. It's about to come to an end. That leaves the Heat, Magic & Bulls & Knicks.

I live in FLorida. I see how unhappy Dwight is with the Magic. All super-stars leave that franchise (like the Rays). That leaves NY left with CHI & MIA to contend with.

The West had to deal with SA, PHX, DAL, LAL, Utah & DEN as Westen Conf contenders. Big difference in comp there.

It's also pathetic how people have to lie just to try & prove a point. Sad, pathetic & ugly rolled up in one. When you have to lie over a message board when simply talking sports, then you know you have a serious problem

I've never once said QVG "Sucks because he lost to SA".

I've made it known with or without Ewing; we were getting dominated that series. Had nothing to do with SA.

I consider him to be an overrated quitter for the simple fact we had a very good roster with Ewing, LJ, Spree, H20, Ward, Childs, Camby & Kurt Thomas. Even Dudley was a better defensive BIG when compared to what we have now. He had a very strong roster, inside an extremely weak Eastern Conf after MJ45 retired & CHI fell off the face of the earth. Reggie & the Pacers were starting to age over night as well. MIA was the toughest opponent & MIA was far from a dynasty. How many rings did MIA win?

He failed to lead THAT team to anything better than an 8th seed with those types of situations? Overrated & patheti "coaching job"....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm stating facts about his situation's over the past 3 years as well as the success that PHX enjoyed under MDA.

I've always enjoyed your insight, but you've became very hypocritical & came @ me the wrong way; without addressing any of the main points that I've made regarding expectations surrounding this team as of right now, as well as our two previous years.

These are only some of the post's that you've made in regards to MDA; but yet come after me like this for stating facts about our situation's?

Smokes: "I bet those PHX fans were cumming all over themselves having their little desert town actually play great basketball regardless of Nash & whoever else"

Smokes: "MDA left PHX after bringing them years of success so it doesn't surprise me that PHX fans are bitter"

Smokes: "I'd take PHX, record under MDA than the record we had during those years any day".

Smokes: "He's a better coach than anyone we've had for quite some times".

Only SOME of the points that I've made when defending/supporting MDA

Exactly. I made it known that you can not compare the East of the future to the golden years of the West back then.

This could seriously become the Celtics last championship run for the time being due to the fact Pierce, KG & Allen are all up there in age. Shaq is just about done for good. Perkins is gone. It's about to come to an end. That leaves the Heat, Magic & Bulls & Knicks.

I live in FLorida. I see how unhappy Dwight is with the Magic. All super-stars leave that franchise (like the Rays). That leaves NY left with CHI & MIA to contend with.

The West had to deal with SA, PHX, DAL, LAL, Utah & DEN as Westen Conf contenders. Big difference in comp there.

It's also pathetic how people have to lie just to try & prove a point. Sad, pathetic & ugly rolled up in one. When you have to lie over a message board when simply talking sports, then you know you have a serious problem

I've made it known with or without Ewing; we were getting dominated that series. Had nothing to do with SA.

I consider him to be an overrated quitter for the simple fact we had a very good roster with Ewing, LJ, Spree, H20, Ward, Childs, Camby & Kurt Thomas. Even Dudley was a better defensive BIG when compared to what we have now. He had a very strong roster, inside an extremely weak Eastern Conf after MJ45 retired & CHI fell off the face of the earth. Reggie & the Pacers were starting to age over night as well. MIA was the toughest opponent & MIA was far from a dynasty. How many rings did MIA win?

He failed to lead THAT team to anything better than an 8th seed with those types of situations? Overrated & patheti "coaching job"....
:eek:hboy::whatever::shrug::confused::asshole:

knicksin60

Starter
I would have never thought that in a million years Mike D'antoni would come to this forum to defend himself daily using an incognito account.

I never joined (KO) to talk MDA. KO was full of MDA talk before I joined. My first thread created was how I'd like to pass on Howard, CP3 & D-Will so we could build a deep team with plenty of solid depth. I've talked about nothing but ways to improve & make this team better, potential FA's & draft picks, current players on our roster, NY's cap situation, predicting schedules, playoff teams & playoff matchup's, pre game, gameday & post game talk, the Ewing era, the cap hell Thomas era, our past & current situation's over the past 3 years, making the playoffs for the first time since 04, chemistry issues, how important an offseason is etc, etc. I support this coach without being scared to debate against a group of fans who expect results, top 10 D's & championship contending teams over night. I'm willing to give our GM & coach a chance to improve their first playoff team into serious Eastern Conf contenders during the offseason before running MDA out of town. Some have attacked, lied & mocked because of that.

Yeah you did, you said that JVG quit on us and that MDA is a better coach.You also said that he failed to get us a ring in 1999 but you defend MDA by saying that the Spurs are a "dynasty".

Riley/JVG always had top 5 D's & failed to win us a ring.

Unless NY is winning, 50% of these guys quit like JVG.

Making it known that JVG never won us a ring, quit on NY & left us in the dark for 10+ years as soon as he seen rebuilding mode was right around the corner is not the same as saying... "JVG sucks because he didn't beat SA". Nice job trying to twist words around to make yourself feel better though.

99 wasn't the only year that JVG was with NY! I simply made it known that QVG always had top 5-10 D's & FAILED to win us a championship.

When I talk about the JVG of 99; I mention how much of an overrated coach he was. Has nothing to do with SA. He took over a winning franchise so winning was expected from start to finish. He's an overrated quitter. Simple as that.

Put it this way; with our pre-trade team MDA had us @ one point 8 games above .500 inside a MUCH tougher Easten Conf when compared to 99 with guys like Amare, Turiaf, Mozgov(R), Gallo, Chandler, Fields(R), Felton & TD(2).

THAT 99 team was MUCH STRONGER & QVG FAiLED to coach them to anything better than an 8th seed & 4 games above .500. Overrated....

It's pretty funny how you all try & turn a thread that was created about our past 3 years, current situation & unrealistic expectations for a top 10 D & ring (over night) into a "coach vs coach battle".

You've beat around the bush, hid under rocks & have REFUSED to address the main points of the OP. You all go off topic because you can't handle the truth. Lets try again.

Whats with these HiGh ExPeCtAtIoNs? When...

-Walsh & MDA took this job while KNOWING they had NO CHANCE in hell to compete for a chip during these past 3 years.

-Both Walsh & MDA took this job UNDERSTANDING they would lose for two full seasons. REBUILDING MODE.

-If that WEREN'T the case; Dolan would have replaced BOTH the GM & Coach a long time ago.

-That pre-trade team WAS NOT expected to make it out the 1st round vs BOS, CHI, MIA or ORL let alone... "compete for a championship".

-This team, after getting depleated @ the All-Star break, losing our starting PG, SF, C & 6th man; IS NOT expected to compete for a ring until NEXT YEAR.