Fire D'Antoni!

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Same thoughts to a T, Walt see's it

I know D'Antoni doesn't have a lot to work with, but i really don't understand his rotation. When players on the court are doing good he's takes them out, huh? Gallo hit his first two shots, and he takes him out. Douglas was playing good, and he took him out. WTF, I understand he's trying to figure out a good rotation but taking out players while they are playing well minutes or not giving the players who have been doing well, I just don't get it. I understand he has a system that he follows, but why not tweak it for now because he doesn't have the right players to make it work.

Another thing is he doesn't give it to the players more. I mean if im the coach and my team is playing the way they are, they're going to hear it. By yelling Let's go every timeout and every 10 mins is not cutting it. Why the hell is he always smiling, I mean we're down by 20 and he's chatting away and cracking smiles left and right. WTF? I think every coach should learn from Popovich. When it's gametime, it's GAMETIME. He knows when to have a joke here and there. But his number one priority is to make the team the best it is. If they don't play to his expectation, he will make damn sure they hear it. D'Antoni doesn't show that drive or passion. It's seems like he get's mad, but is ok with what's going on. I really haven't seen him get so angry that the team actually said damn, we're messing up here. We have to go out there and show the other team we're going to give our all.

I hope this changes and changes soon. If Donnie is going to keep him, I say get D'Antoni that PG or players he needs or there is no use of having him. All he knows is his system and nothing else. He even said he's not going to tweak or change his coaching because it's not working. He's just going to keep trying until it works, huh? Does that even make sense? Well that's that.

Every good run, he screws with the line-up and pulls the hot player out, this has cost at least 3 wins already. Biggest De-Motivater you can do is pull a player when he is lighting it up, but this guy does it every single game.
Plus, use your time outs coach, that is why they give them to you.
Duhon does not deserve these minutes, your playing with four players with him in there the last 10 games. I wish he would get tossed a game to see someone else coach. Hughes has played a dozen years in the league, you can see it on his face in the huddle's, it is bad. He had a hot start today, pulled. Not playing near 40 minutes yet near leading the league in steals? That's defense and speed covering the passing lanes coach? Robinson great third quarter pulled. Duhon, not crap in contribution, in the whole game just about every night???? Let a fan coach a night, get your core players and run with them for a couple weeks, that is what practice is for coach ,not the games. Finally, what's the deal with benching your highest scorer every game for 5 to 7 minutes? You just loose 5-7 points for your petty statement. These player know they can win some of these games now, it's going to fall apart quick, for they don't like to loose and know when idiot moves are being made. Wrong stage for that crap coach.

robert56

Benchwarmer
I was ready to let him coach for at least 20 games but now I really think he should be gotten rid of. Poor defense has lost too many games for us.

Red

TYPE-A
Oh my Lord!!!!

Hey D'Antoni: you co*ksucking freak! Why is Duhon here and getting minutes when 1. he won't be here, 2. you clearly wanted to upgrade w/ Curry or Rubio? Why is Lee even here, moreso why are you STILL playing him at the 5 when 1. you have Curry, Hill, Darko... arguably Better players at their natural position(- Hill)? 2. you had Harrington, drafted Hill and admitted wanting to use Chandler @ the 4- smh? I just read how you are re-thinking your SSOL BS and want to go to a half court set- ah... ya think? How's this... Keep playing Duhon w/ Douglas' minutes to showcase your incompetence and get you outta here faster! I have absolutely no confidence in your ability. Reminder: SSOL has NEVER won a Championsp', if you want to win 1. you must adjust 2. you must play your best players 3. you must be consistent 4. you have to get more than expected out of your players 5. if you have a core (Gallo, TD, Chan, Hill) and we aren't going anywhere, you should Play them! Hello...

GetRealistic

Starter
Hey D'Antoni: you co*ksucking freak! Why is Duhon here and getting minutes when 1. he won't be here, 2. you clearly wanted to upgrade w/ Curry or Rubio? Why is Lee even here, moreso why are you STILL playing him at the 5 when 1. you have Curry, Hill, Darko... arguably Better players at their natural position(- Hill)? 2. you had Harrington, drafted Hill and admitted wanting to use Chandler @ the 4- smh? I just read how you are re-thinking your SSOL BS and want to go to a half court set- ah... ya think? How's this... Keep playing Duhon w/ Douglas' minutes to showcase your incompetence and get you outta here faster! I have absolutely no confidence in your ability. Reminder: SSOL has NEVER won a Championsp', if you want to win 1. you must adjust 2. you must play your best players 3. you must be consistent 4. you have to get more than expected out of your players 5. if you have a core (Gallo, TD, Chan, Hill) and we aren't going anywhere, you should Play them! Hello...

Wilson Chandler has recieved tons of playing time this year and its painfully obvious to most that he's regressed as a player from last year. Gallo should get more minutes and should get more shots but he's still 21 and he plays with selfish players like Harrington, and Robinson so unless he becomes more selfish theres nothing more you can ask from Gallo. Jordan Hill simply isn't ready to play big minutes, have you seen him play? Darko obviously is exactly what the past 3 teams he was with thought he was,,, nothing. Curry just came back from missing a full year he can't play big minutes yet, and do we honestly want him playing huge minutes? The SSOL system never won a title, but did reach a conference championship and if not for horrible officating most likely would have won a title the year the Heat won.

Enough with the illogical rants. What did you really expect this season? Did you really think we'd be a playoff team? We're a bad team and we're going to be a bad team until next season. It's not D'Antoni's fault. It's not Walshes fault either. WE could have Jesus as our head coach and it wouldn't matter because there isn't enough talent.

The only logical thing you said was Duhon's minutes should be cut. And i agree but at this point TD isn't ready for the minutes and Nate is so immature i don't even think i'd want to give him more minutes. The solution to me would be to play big and let Hughes run the point for about 8 minutes a night, dropping Duhons minutes. Duhon should play no more then 30 minutes a night.

Red

TYPE-A
Wilson Chandler has recieved tons of playing time this year and its painfully obvious to most that he's regressed as a player from last year. Gallo should get more minutes and should get more shots but he's still 21 and he plays with selfish players like Harrington, and Robinson so unless he becomes more selfish theres nothing more you can ask from Gallo. Jordan Hill simply isn't ready to play big minutes, have you seen him play? Darko obviously is exactly what the past 3 teams he was with thought he was,,, nothing. Curry just came back from missing a full year he can't play big minutes yet, and do we honestly want him playing huge minutes? The SSOL system never won a title, but did reach a conference championship and if not for horrible officating most likely would have won a title the year the Heat won.

Enough with the illogical rants. What did you really expect this season? Did you really think we'd be a playoff team? We're a bad team and we're going to be a bad team until next season. It's not D'Antoni's fault. It's not Walshes fault either. WE could have Jesus as our head coach and it wouldn't matter because there isn't enough talent.

The only logical thing you said was Duhon's minutes should be cut. And i agree but at this point TD isn't ready for the minutes and Nate is so immature i don't even think i'd want to give him more minutes. The solution to me would be to play big and let Hughes run the point for about 8 minutes a night, dropping Duhons minutes. Duhon should play no more then 30 minutes a night.

Phew... where to start? 1. "Chandler has regressed..." but I thought No D'Ant was a helluva coach? 2. "Gallo is only21..." but No D'Ant said, "he is the best shooter ever" get it str8! 3. "N8 is selfish" so why is he here- HELLO? 4. "Hill isn't ready..." was he a top ten pick? can he be worse than Lee at the 5? How does he get "ready"- I know... by playing! 5. "Do we honestly want ..

Red

TYPE-A
cont'd...

5."Do we want Curry playing huge mins."? Are you on Crack? If so.. then YES we want Curry playing min! where have u been? 6. "SSOL been to a conf champs' " OK- in Junior High I once danced real close to a girl during the prom- can I say we had sex? 7. "Illogical rants & what did I expect" Well sir if I must: First how illogical is it when "experts" as well as Numorous posters (from various sites) said the same thing and Keep adding to the point? How illogical is your post? Expecting the playoffs or not ISNT the point... "The fundamentals of coaching and decision making" are! For instance... Mike D just admitted he wanted to "stress defense"- FINE only problem is its a year later! What team(s) have won by taking huge ILLOGICAL amounts of low % shots and plays no defense- can u name one? What coach logically plays guys out of position all the time, and how long does it take for 1 to realize- TD is better than Duhon? What's the logic in sitting hot hands? Mike D has played w/ the same team over a year plus more... why hasn't he settled on a rotation, and why is this reminding me of Isaiah? I thought he was 1 of the best. So that means my expectations should rise right? So how come we are doing worse? Besides vistories is it reasonable to expect: discipline, development, consistency, over achieving, competitiveness, improvement, ETC... or is that "ILLOGICAL". Here's one... why think we needed a helluva great coach in Mike D if he can't achieve without 2 max contract players? Now that's illogical!

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
you know... numorous points have been made that illustrate D'Ant as "over rated" but some want to act as if they expected this... n*gga please! You aint expect this!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Phew... where to start? 1. "Chandler has regressed..." but I thought No D'Ant was a helluva coach? 2. "Gallo is only21..." but No D'Ant said, "he is the best shooter ever" get it str8! 3. "N8 is selfish" so why is he here- HELLO? 4. "Hill isn't ready..." was he a top ten pick? can he be worse than Lee at the 5? How does he get "ready"- I know... by playing! 5. "Do we honestly want ..

Getreal believes that it's not d'antonis fault because the team runs itself. Can't you see that, Red? :lol:

You need to make a fire d'antoni remix thread cause that fool(d'antoni) is getting out of line.

How could he have played duhon for 47 minutes?!?!?! SMFH

Mr.Nine

Rookie
Knicks should never have hired him(D'antoni) in the first place. Duhon should never have been signed. We already had a pg that could average 20 and 8-9assist, especially in this SSOL, but emotional D'ant didn't want that. Instead he was in love with Duhon. D'ant was overrated in Phoenix with his SSOL no 'd' philosophy. Avery Johnson should have been the man. Atleast the knicks would have learned good defensive fundamentals for the past two years. - Look were he took Dallas after all those years of not playing defense. Let's not forget that Dallas & Phoenix were two defenseless powerhouses in the west. If the Knicks were truly interested in bringing in a high class free agent(s), they should know that you need atleast two "superstars" and then quality defensive/hustle players that can hit open jumpers. There isn't a team in any sport that can win championships by not playing defense.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Wake up!!!

"If he's gonna get credit when the team is doing well, then you have to give him blame when things are going bad" - Mike Francesca *** Mike D'ant is prooving he is over rated with every move / non-move he makes. As they say time will tell, and time has shown us this guy is virtually clueless. From Marbury, to now- this dude has me smh! Show us some prepardness Mile, show us something. You have proved: your ego gets in the way, your rotations are senseless, your developmental skills are lacking, your game planning I/ preperation is lacking, your not a good communicator, no savvy.... I mean what's all the hype about? That your system is so undiscplined, everyone likes it b/c they can get away with chuking? What have you shown me in over a year? Please someone make me aware... I can't think of one good thing this dude has done!

TunerAddict

Starter
Man you guys spend way too much time typing in caps, arguing over something you have no effect on, and never will have any effect on...

I think Mike D is the 3rd best coach in the NBA right now

its the knicks

the players

the owner

and the aforementioned coaches who suckkkkk

I feel bad for mike D

this team is helpless. hapless and horrific.

Red

TYPE-A
"The Knicks have dug a serious hole in terms of perception. The only way out would be to change the type of basketball they play and prove to James and Wade that they have solid players to surround them in a system conducive to their abilities.Maybe there would be a chance, but that depends on the Knicks other stubborn problem.Mike DAntoni is a very good coach, but his stubbornness in sticking with a system that is weak without Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams or (oops!) Brandon Jennings will lead to failure. He needs to change and he has yet to give in to the thought. He has to recognize that LeBron and Wade like to lope and then explode. They dont play fast constantly and they would struggle playing with guys who jack up three-point shots with 20 seconds on the shot clock. They like to facilitate and control the action and not being allowed to do so would cause major problems." - E Johnson

Red

TYPE-A
I think we should rename this thread to "Fire NYK Fans"

That's funny, considering you're a fan too... I think? Anywhoo.... great article, check it out: blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/2009/11/23/fire-might-burn-past-2010/

paris401

Starter
D'Antoni and his system could win a championship with the Hawk's roster.

i dunno about that.. he didn't win with the run n gun suns, who imo were a better team then the hawks are... no D = no chance to win the big prize... and 'toni is clueless when it comes to "D"...

JayJ44

Starter
i dunno about that.. he didn't win with the run n gun suns, who imo were a better team then the hawks are... no D = no chance to win the big prize... and 'toni is clueless when it comes to "D"...

How do you know this? Have you ever been coached by him? Have you ever worked on his staff? Or do you just listen to whatever the media says?