For the NYK fans who support MDA? Thank you for not running this man out of town.

I didnt mean to blow up you guys MDA party. But. You should be able to find a way to celebrate MDA without putting Ewing down. This will be my last post in this thread. Enjoy...

lol @ MDA having a two time MVP in Nash. How many times has Kove won the MVP award? Exactly. Kind of throws your little claim about MDA having Nash out the window... Now doesn't it? Kobe is hands down, an NBA All-Time top 10 player. Nash? lol

Also... How can you say MDA will quote on quote ''never" lead the Knicks to a Finals, when... He made it to the Westen Conf Finals twice in four years & was only ONE game away from the Finals against the Spurs in a game 7? Were they lucky to make it to the Westen Conf Finals? Were they lucky pushing the Spurs to a 7 game series? Your hatred makes you sound pretty damn clueless.

Also... How can you expect the Knicks to have a top defense... When; MDA had 4 of 5 starters in Felton, Fields, Amare & Mozgov who weren't with the Knicks last year? How can you expect the Knicks to improve on defense, after only 10 games, when... We now have 5 starters who weren't even with NY last year? How long have you followed basketball? You think team defense comes "over night"? No.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
So were these players needed in Phoenix in order to play team defense? Because MDA had none then either...

Why do you continue to use words like "none" or "never" when referring to Mike D's defensive coaching? It's simply not accurate to say those Phoenix teams played NO team D, or to say they NEVER played team D. That's not possible when his teams were consistently middle of the pack in d-rating.. Speaking in absolutes doesn't serve to further the discussion at all.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
lol @ MDA having a two time MVP in Nash. How many times has Kove won the MVP award? Exactly. Kind of throws your little claim about MDA having Nash out the window... Now doesn't it? Kobe is hands down, an NBA All-Time top 10 player. Nash? lol

Also... How can you say MDA will quote on quote ''never" lead the Knicks to a Finals, when... He made it to the Westen Conf Finals twice in four years & was only ONE game away from the Finals against the Spurs in a game 7? Were they lucky to make it to the Westen Conf Finals? Were they lucky pushing the Spurs to a 7 game series? Your hatred makes you sound pretty damn clueless.

Also... How can you expect the Knicks to have a top defense... When; MDA had 4 of 5 starters in Felton, Fields, Amare & Mozgov who weren't with the Knicks last year? How can you expect the Knicks to improve on defense, after only 10 games, when... We now have 5 starters who weren't even with NY last year? How long have you followed basketball? You think team defense comes "over night"? No.

Kobe was finals MVP many times. But your point was that he didn't have the players around him. Steve Nash was a 2 time MVP.

I'm looking at historical record. I know you want to be an eternal optimist, which is cool, but you have to look at facts. Teams that did not have star players, like the Pistons, won on defense. The Knicks team where Ewing was injured, went to the Finals on defense. MDA's teams don't cut it in this regard.

You can blame suspensions or whatever you'd like, but the fact of the matter is that he never made it, even when he didn't have suspensions. You can also see the fruits of his philosophy falter against the Lakers last year with Alvin Gentry.

Don't question my love for basketball because you know MDA won't take us to the finals (any year). When we do get a defensive minded coach, and we do make it to the finals, I fully expect an apology from you.

And, I'll tell you what. If MDA brings us to the finals (doesn't even have to win), I will fully apologize on these boards for being wrong about my opinion of MDA.

Sound good?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
@Musketeer.

You know why the Suns couldn't get past the Western Conf finals right? Because of Kobe-Shaq & the Lakers & Duncan & the Spurs.

You do know that the Suns pushed the Spurs to a game 7 right? You do know how & why the Suns lost game 7 right? I bet you actually have NO idea & thats the funny part.

You do know that Kobe is the greatest thing since Joran right?

Thank god both the Spurs & Lakers will NEVER face MDA & the Knicks during an Eastern Conf Finals.

Also... You can not compare Nash & Amare to Carmelo & Amare; especially considering the fact that we have Billups running the point.

The Celtics run may very well be over after this year. KG, Pierce & Allen are all aging. Howard is unhappy in ORL & all signs point to Howard leaving the Magic for the Lakers come 2012.

When looking towards the future, it's obvious that the East will only feature 3 power house teams. CHI, NY & MIA.

Thats a big difference when compared to the West during the times D'Antoni had the Suns fighting for the West

This post is sooo right on..

I wasn't putting Ewing down. Even if Melo & Amare win 6 rings... Ewing will always & forever be my all-time favorite Knick. That will never change. I grew up loving Ewing.

I was using Ewing as an example to PROVE that MDA is a good coach. MDA doesn't need a ring for me to see the great things he did with PHX. You people do.

Ewing doesn't need a ring for me to know that he's one of the greatest C's of all time.

I understand Ewing & NY could never get past the Bulls; all because of MJ, Pippen & Phil Jackson. I've made plenty of post's on here; talking about NY of the 90's being only 1 star away from winning plenty of Rings. Thats all Ewing & NY needed... Was one more top 15 star.

If you cant blame Ewing for losing to the Bulls... How the hell can you blame MDA & the Suns for losing to Kobe, Phil Jackson & the Lakers? Kobe IS this era's very own MJ.

Just like both HOU & CHI were better teams & had better players... Both LA & SA were better teams because of better players. You cant knock MDA for that.....

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I wasn't putting Ewing down. Even if Melo & Amare win 6 rings... Ewing will always & forever be my all-time favorite Knick. That will never change. I grew up loving Ewing.

I was using Ewing as an example to PROVE that MDA is a good coach. MDA doesn't need a ring for me to see the great things he did with PHX. You people do.

Ewing doesn't need a ring for me to know that he's one of the greatest C's of all time.

I understand Ewing & NY could never get past the Bulls; all because of MJ, Pippen & Phil Jackson. I've made plenty of post's on here; talking about NY of the 90's being only 1 star away from winning plenty of Rings. Thats all Ewing & NY needed... Was one more top 15 star.

If you cant blame Ewing for losing to the Bulls... How the hell can you blame MDA & the Suns for losing to Kobe, Phil Jackson & the Lakers? Kobe IS this era's very own MJ.

Just like both HOU & CHI were better teams & had better players... Both LA & SA were better teams because of better players. You cant knock MDA for that.....

Ewing was one man. D'Antoni helped put together the team and philosophy that kept them a poor defensive team.

When I ask these Q's, all you guys do is beat around the bush or hide under a rock. You all pick & chose which parts to reply to, but yet; fail to answer these Q's...

How can you EXPECT NY to have a top "team D'', when MDA was forced to start 4 of 5 starters in R.F, L.F (rookie), A.S & T.M... none of whom were with NY last year? Gallo was also a horrid defender.

How can you expect our D' to compete with top 15 D's when MDA is currently starting 5 starters who weren't with NY last year? Do you all not understand that MDA has 3 starters, who's been here for 10 or less games in Jeffries, Melo & Billups? Enough already.

We're .600 since the trade.

How the HELL are you guys trying to compare MDA & THIS D' to Riley's D's of 90's?, or even to the Pistons D's of the Ben Wallace days? Who the hell is our Wallace type of defensive C? Sad.

How many years did Riley have Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Mason & Charles Smith working as a defensive unit? More than 10 games no? Closer to 10 years no?

Open up your hatred eyes..

MusketeerX

Rotation player
When I ask these Q's, all you guys do is beat around the bush or hide under a rock. You all pick & chose which parts to reply to, but yet; fail to answer these Q's...

How can you EXPECT NY to have a top "team D'', when MDA was forced to start 4 of 5 starters in R.F, L.F (rookie), A.S & T.M... none of whom were with NY last year? Gallo was also a horrid defender.

How can you expect our D' to compete with top 15 D's when MDA is currently starting 5 starters who weren't with NY last year? Do you all not understand that MDA has 3 starters, who's been here for 10 or less games in Jeffries, Melo & Billups? Enough already.

How the HELL are you guys trying to compare MDA & THIS D' to Riley's D's of 90's?, or even to the Pistons D's of the Ben Wallace days? Who the hell is our Wallace type of defensive C? Sad.

How many years did Riley have Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Mason & Charles Smith working as a defensive unit? More than 10 games no? Closer to 10 years no?

First of all. Galli is actually a prett ygood one on one defender. The guys we put on this team were to fit his system. Mozgov was barely used -- but according to you, a big center should help any defense right??? Chandler and Felton were good defenders. Look at the the other thread. Both Melo and Billups defensive ratings dropped since going to NY. Felton and Chandler's defensive ratings went up when they got to Defender. Why? Because D'antoni doesn't stress D, he merely pays lip service to it.

Landry is a good defender.

What are you talking about???

If we had Thibs coaching our team, we'd be a top 10 defensive team. Guaranteed.

Also, you don't seem to understand the difference between team defense and individual defenders. Team defense is up to the coach to instill and hold his players accountable for...

Some other questions you MDA haters refuse to answer...

How can any of you expect anything other than a good showing during the playoffs?

Has D'Antoni even had a full offseason of training camp, practice's or preseason games to work with his 3 key leaders in Billups, Carmelo & Amare? Not a chance in hell.

How can you EXPECT a Finals apperance this year?

I believe in this team, but I don't expect anything special until next year. I'm a realist. I look @ the whole picture. You all? lol... You look @ ''defensive numbers" on the box score.

The Miami Heat had all of the above (an offseason) and what type of record did they have after 10 games? Bet they didn't have a winning % of .600 after 10 games.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Well guys, not to throw any more salt on MDA, but i agree with the few who beleive we have no shot unless he changes his philosophy or gets dwight howard. (We know thats not gonna happen)

Phx had a great team and still didnt make it to the FINALS, not the conference finals. Marion, nash, barbosa, STAT, joe johnson. With a solid bench.

If people wouldnt get so upset when a coach is criticesed and realize thy are to blame just as much as the players then there would be less arguments.

Th coach comes up with the gameplan night to night, and is responsible for having his players ready for each matchup.

In the playoffs when a team loses a game, the coaching staff sis down and has to figure out why they lost, and what can we do to fix it.

If the team loses again, and the coaches had time to prepare and failed, the blame is on the coaches. It could be a possibility the team didnt execute.

The knicks have a coach who is too stubbon to try another style to win, he thinks his way can work. I htas yet to work, so stop acting retarded and do something aout it, or your job will be taken from you!!!!!

Carmare

Banned
MDA led PHX to the Westen Conf Finals during 2 of his 1st 4 years with PHX. Pushed SA to a game 7. PHX could have beat SA to advance to the Finals if not for Stern screwing PHX.

It took Ewing 9 years before he led NY to the Finals.

The East is no where NEAR as tough as the WEST during the years of PHX competing year in & year out under MDA.

"he'll never lead NY to the Finals''. Laughable.

The aging C's are not the Lakers. The Bulls are not the Spurs. The Heat are not the Mavs. The Magic are not the Suns. The Hawks are not the Nuggets or Jazz & the 76ers are not the Rockets or Hornets during those years the West was STACKED.

You don't lead PHX to the WCF 2 out of 4 years without playing tough defense. You don't go 232-98 inside a Power-House Western Conf during a 4 year span without being a good coach. You don't earn coach of the year honors without being respected by the league; & you don't lead your team to the Western Conf Playoffs during 4 consecutive years of 54+ W's without doing something right.

What year is this? Have you seen the Suns and Jazz this year?

lol @ MDA having a two time MVP in Nash. How many times has Kove won the MVP award? Exactly.

Kobe has won 1 MVP, Nash has won 2 MVPs....your point? Once again you are uninformed and ignoring the facts.

At least we respond, instead you just ignore any post that proves you wrong and pretend it never happened.

TommyMSG

Rookie
Both extremes in this MDA situation are extremely annoying. I'm tired of seeing people bash MDA after every loss, but I'm also annoyed to high hell by those preaching their undying devotion. There's a middle ground here that I think most rational Knicks fans occupy.

We all know MDA isn't some defensive mastermind, but we also know that the players he's surrounded himself with aren't either. We also know that there way too many games in the city for us to nitpick every single one. I'm holding off judgment until I see how he leads the team IN the playoffs. Only then will we really know if he's the man that will lead us to a championship.

Both sides: relax for a bit. Save the crap for the end of the season.

It's just sad with the ammount of hate MDA gets around here. You cant even make a thread, in appreciation for what this man has done for NY: Without MDA getting knocked left & right with MDA hatred. When I created this thread? I asked in a nice way, for the MDA haters to stay out of this thread because they've already bashed the man in 100 other threads. You cant even talk about NY: without someone attacking MDA during each & every thread of every & every post.

Our D' will continue to improve as time goes on. Especially when we land a true C during the offseason. Until then? I'm loving the face that we have a top 3 offensive attack, I'm enjoying how MDA is leading us into the playoffs for the first time since 04 and unlike 04? We'll compete without getting swept. I appreciate the fact that MDA took this job, knowing that he had no chance in hell to win for 2-3 years. NY is only 2.5 back of the ATL for the 5 seed. The NYK's weren't expected to compete like this until 2012. He's the reason how we landed Amare.

Carmare

Banned
It's just sad with the ammount of hate MDA gets around here. You cant even make a thread, in appreciation for what this man has done for NY: Without MDA getting knocked left & right with MDA hatred. When I created this thread? I asked in a nice way, for the MDA haters to stay out of this thread because they've already bashed the man in 100 other threads. You cant even talk about NY: without someone attacking MDA during each & every thread of every & every post.

Our D' will continue to improve as time goes on. Especially when we land a true C during the offseason. Until then? I'm loving the face that we have a top 3 offensive attack, I'm enjoying how MDA is leading us into the playoffs for the first time since 04 and unlike 04? We'll compete without getting swept. I appreciate the fact that MDA took this job, knowing that he had no chance in hell to win for 2-3 years. NY is only 2.5 back of the ATL for the 5 seed. The NYK's weren't expected to compete like this until 2012. He's the reason how we landed Amare.

Other than sending me a PM calling me a "piece of shit" and saying you will get me banned...do you have any reply to the posts arguing your point?

We aren't hating MDA, just not all over MDA like you are, too MDA.

Camare is from TGG.com. Came here to show me "just how wrong I really am".

He's 624 who posted on this site under the user name PhillyStackz. Posting on his cell phone right now. That won't last for long though. Bye bye now.

Carmare

Banned
Camare is from TGG.com. Came here to show me "just how wrong I really am".

He's 624 who posted on this site under the user name PhillyStackz. Posting on his cell phone right now. That won't last for long though. Bye bye now.

What are you talking about? I can't even go on the internet on my cell phone..and TGG.com is some search website.

So because you are unable to argue your point you make false accusations and attempt to get me banned?

I don't want to have an argument in the Knicks forum because I'm sure mods/administrators would not like that, but I'm not sure how a random poster can get another banned just because they feel like it...

I'm just trying to talk Knicks basketball, meanwhile you sent me a PM with a personal attack in it. Yet you are calling me at fault?